Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/19/2014 5:44:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing new. Not a big problem in retail anymore, but in the fast food industry it's still common.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Their business, their rules. If employees want to be compensated appropriately, they should find work elsewhere.

No one is forcing them to work at McDonalds.... they voluntarily stay and put up with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their business, their rules. If employees want to be compensated appropriately, they should find work elsewhere.

No one is forcing them to work at McDonalds.... they voluntarily stay and put up with it.
View Quote

that's some interesting logic there.
it don't matter what you're doing, even if it's cleaning shitters you should be compensated at the appropriate rate for the appropriate amount of time worked.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a difference between not agreeing with the terms of your employment, and your employer not paying you for hours that you worked under said agreement.  But I am sure you already knew that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

actually if it was such a problem why hasn't an employee came out and sued them over it.

hell i would do it work there a year or so and keep your time logged and sue for millions :D

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mcdonalds should also employ small children to clean the ovens while they're on. Their business, their rules.

Quoted:

actually if it was such a problem why hasn't an employee came out and sued them over it.

hell i would do it work there a year or so and keep your time logged and sue for millions :D

They were sued now. I'm not sure why it took so long, granted the average employee probably has a GED at best and isn't particularly competent at seeking legal council.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Horseshit, Fool.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://t.qkme.me/3lcd.jpg

Mcdonalds should also employ small children to clean the ovens while they're on. Their business, their rules.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://t.qkme.me/3lcd.jpg

Small Children aren't capable of giving consent so no, but nice try.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You think they haven't "came" out and sued?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Small Children aren't capable of giving consent so no, but nice try.
View Quote

You're arguing with law, when your original argument was against the law.

So what your saying is that only labor laws that shield small children are valid?

There's a difference between fair labor laws and communism. Minimum wage can be argued, but stuff like being compensated for over time and hours worked can't.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#11]
That video had lots of compelling evidence.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#12]
No..........they should be compensated for the hours they work

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol now that is dumb, even for GD.  Everyone should be paid their agreed upon wage for every second they are on the clock.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
This is one of the most idiotic posts I've ever read on arfcom.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah,the economy is really booming right now.....jobs are everywhere.Every shop/store /factory is hiring anyone who applies.Uh-huh.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

lol now that is dumb, even for GD.  Everyone should be paid their agreed upon wage for every second they are on the clock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really think McDonalds workers are working on the clock every second they're there? Are they really "earning" that money?

Have you ever been to McDonalds? That shit takes forever.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah,the economy is really booming right now.....jobs are everywhere.Every shop/store /factory is hiring anyone who applies.Uh-huh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the least germane argument against the drivel you quoted you could have conjured.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bull Fucking Shit!  If they are doing what is being reported in the video, they are braking the law. It is illegal and unethical.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Man, you're an asshole.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You really think McDonalds workers are working on the clock every second they're there? Are they really "earning" that money?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hence their wages.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are times your posts appear to be the work of a liberal moby.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't let LibYanker get ya too honked off, every time that dude posts, you just know he'll say something incredibly dumb. Every village has one, we just seem to have a few more than average.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought someone was parodying you until I realized you changed your avatar, which is quite appropriate, troll
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd pat ya on the head, but I don't think you'd feel it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess that depends on the individual franchise owner.

It's not like the McD's corporate office is sending emails instructing franchisees to do this kinda crap.

There are 13000 locations in the US alone.  

Gonna have some dumb arse managers with those kinds of numbers

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must not have read any of his other posts, they are all about the same.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Is this your answer for everything?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Man, you're an asshole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, you're an asshole.

Once in a while we get some real libertarian thought around here, and the arfcom liberaltarians shit all over it in favor of big government solutions.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, I do, within reason.  Give a shot one day.

I've learned a long time ago not to consider anybody's job easy until you do it for yourself. Just today I worked in a new department that I always thought was easy.  It kicked my ass. It's the same story with every job I've worked. They always look easy, and then they kick my ass until I get good at them. Now by no means am I saying that there aren't lazy employees that don't care about doing a good job, but there are a lot of people that bust more ass than they're paid for too. You're a jaded individual.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Once in a while we get some real libertarian thought around here, and the arfcom liberaltarians shit all over it in favor of big government solutions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, you're an asshole.

A "big government solution" should be required to be fairly compensated for work performed?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd like to hear what the two individuals featured in the video would have to say in detail,  if they were deposed under oath.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Illegal as hell.

Im sure a patriotic Libertarian doesnt want laws flagrantly broken does he? Condone slavery much??

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

A "big government solution" should be required to be fairly compensated for work performed?

View Quote

To some people, yeah. The argument could be made, by an asshole that's never had to work for $8.00 an hour, that those people are suckers and it's their own fault and they deserve nothing for being suckers.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not paying someone money owed by contracted work is essentially theft of labor.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

still see your retard trolling
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I guess that depends on the individual franchise owner.

It's not like the McD's corporate office is sending emails instructing franchisees to do this kinda crap.

There are 13000 locations in the US alone.  

Gonna have some dumb arse managers with those kinds of numbers

View Quote

But your typical American is so poorly educated in .gov skoolz, they have no idea what a franchise is, or how business works, or the role of the 50 state labor boards.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't think McD broke any rules or laws and should pay, be fined or if a conspiracy, jailed?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#38]
For some reason I doubt it's happening.

I worked fast food for two summers in high school (Burger King one year, McDonalds the next).

The *only* violation of pay policies I saw was that ONCE I didn't get a lunch break. Manager knew about it, the cash registers (which were also timeclocks) were printing out a "give Iram a break" notices out of the receipt printer. I was handing those notices to the manager. After the 3rd notice the manager told me to stop giving him the notices (but I kept handing him the notices anyways...fuck that). The store got fined for it, a couple hundred over a 30-minute break for a minimum-wage cashier, because the payroll system forwarded the labor violation info automatically.

No one every officially said anything to me about it though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#39]
McDonalds starting pay here is 12.00 an hr.  They cant fill the positions so I doubt the stores around here are cutting peoples hours.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

No self-respecting libertarian I've ever met was ok with fraud/theft.

That said, I'm skeptical about the claims.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
McDonalds starting pay here is 12.00 an hr.  They cant fill the positions so I doubt the stores around here are cutting peoples hours.
View Quote

Starting pay is 12 an hour?   For fast food?   Wow, that's pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#42]
These big chains probably fuck their workers over the least. It's the small-time operations that think they can do anything they want. I was charged for breaking something--which was BS, but I digress--so my employer kept my last paycheck. I had to go to the Dept. of Labor to get my partial pay. They kept a guy's pay for not returning his uniform shirts. (Your employer cannot hold back pay if it drops your hourly rate below min. wage.) They also didn't pay travel time back to the shop at the end of the day.

It's stupid of Mickey D's not to be more careful. They have a huge target on their back.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

You really are the worst fucking troll on this site.

Even EXP put in more effort.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Laws are stupid, so it's OK to ignore them if you don't like them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

he never fails.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, holy shit.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Extremely, extremely illegal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

What the fuck kind of retardation is this?
"Their business, their rules" does not cover "Ignoring our part of the agreement".
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slicing some time off a paycheck is no worse than excessive smoke breaks that employees take.

I once worked for a company once that would slice my check if I went over 40 hours per week. I could have "called the man" on them, but I didn't. I kept working there and it paid me OK money at a time when I really needed it. Reporting it would have just caused me to be without a job.

Why bite the hand that feeds? What did the employees really lose? A couple bucks? Boo hoo.

Life will go on.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top