Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 4/19/2014 3:58:25 AM EDT
I am reading threads and looking at many news websites that question if Jesus was real and question if he was really was resurrected on the 3rd day. Let us all assume Jesus was not the Son of God and there was not God period, the people who mocked the believers were right. Although let us all say he was alive and Jesus is real and people Mock them and Mocked Jesus do you really think your good deeds will grant you forgiveness and Jesus will allow you into the Kingdome? Is it really worth the risk to face God at judgment day?  If you believe there is no God why and then why do you feel it is justified to mock others who do?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:03:00 AM EDT
[#1]
If they ackowledge He exists, then they would have to do something about their sin.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:03:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I make fun of people who believe in the paranormal too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Why?

What does that do for you?  I have no dog in this fight at all, but have always wondered why people do that.  Who cares what others believe in?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am reading threads and looking at many news websites that question if Jesus was real and question if he was really was resurrected on the 3rd day. Let us all assume Jesus was not the Son of God and there was not God period, the people who mocked the believers were right. Although let us all say he was alive and Jesus is real and people Mock them and Mocked Jesus do you really think your good deeds will grant you forgiveness and Jesus will allow you into the Kingdome? Is it really worth the risk to face God at judgment day?  If you believe there is no God why and then why do you feel it is justified to mock others who do?
View Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:05:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Cuz they're cool and they want to make sure everybody knows they're cool.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:05:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If they ackowledge He exists, then they would have to do something about their sin.
View Quote

I thought it was because I hate god?

I can never keep the reasons straight...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:07:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I don't buy all the Jesus stuff but it's not right to make fun of it. Live and let live.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:08:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Have you read the Bible my friend ???? it's supposed to be that way I believe the word it uses is " Persecution " and you should welcome it
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:08:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why?

What does that do for you?  I have no dog in this fight at all, but have always wondered why people do that.  Who cares what others believe in?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Probably because some people try and push their religion on others.

Religion is like a penis, it's good to have one, and it's great that your proud of it, but don't force it on me....
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:09:44 AM EDT
[#10]

I assume you have a Bible. It contains the answers you are looking for a thousand fold.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:10:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Religion is like a penis, it's good to have one, and it's great that your proud of it, but don't force on me....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Religion is like a penis, it's good to have one, and it's great that your proud of it, but don't force on me....

I can not count how many threads that I have seen on this site about religion that the atheist show up and shit all over it.  It goes both ways.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#12]
<mini rant>

I don't mind atheists...

I hate fucking atheists that want to make sure you know you're not only wrong, but you're a fucking idiot for believing in God/Jesus.

Fuck people..believe what you want, I'll believe what I want. I don't try to call you a fucking idiot for not believing in God/Jesus.

</mini rant>

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:12:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
<mini rant>

I don't mind atheists...

I hate fucking atheists that want to make sure you know you're not only wrong, but you're a fucking idiot for believing in God/Jesus.

Fuck people..believe what you want, I'll believe what I want. I don't try to call you a fucking idiot for not believing in God/Jesus.

</mini rant>

View Quote

This....you said it more bluntly than I did.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:12:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well I make fun of people that look and act like your Avatar.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you've done it !!! you won't make fun of LT Frank Drebin
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:16:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
<mini rant>

I don't mind atheists...

</mini rant>

View Quote

I am an atheist and I think it is good for people to believe in a god if they so choose.  Good for them if it keeps them peaceful in their heart and mind
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:16:48 AM EDT
[#17]

I don't make fun of most Christians because it's rude and it hurts their feelings.

However, I don't understand why you don't understand why people make fun of Christians (or anyone else for that matter). Do you never make fun of people who are wrong? Like Bronies and Democrats? There's nothing more natural in the world than laughing at people with weird, silly beliefs based on nothing.

I'm being candid because you asked for it. I don't usually volunteer my opinion on the validity of Christianity. You have every right to love Jesus, and I think he's wonderful too. Fictional, but wonderful and good for the peaceful functioning of society.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:16:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I can not count how many threads that I have seen on this site about religion that the atheist show up and shit all over it.  It goes both ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Well, what do you expect? This is GD if you haven't noticed...may I suggest that perhaps another forum is more appropriate for the discussion of religious issues?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:17:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:18:04 AM EDT
[#20]
This thread should be good.

And OP, to answer your question, not all atheists are like that.  I am a Christian, and I have several atheist friends.  The behavior you are referring to has more to do with being a douche than being an atheist.  And douches come in all shapes, colors, and faiths.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:18:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't make fun of most Christians because it's rude and it hurts their feelings.

However, I don't understand why you don't understand why people make fun of Christians (or anyone else for that matter). Do you never make fun of people who are wrong? Like Bronies and Democrats? There's nothing more natural in the world than laughing at people with weird, silly beliefs based on nothing.

I'm being candid because you asked for it. I don't usually volunteer my opinion on the validity of Christianity. You have every right to love Jesus, and I think he's wonderful too. Fictional, but wonderful and good for the peaceful functioning of society.
View Quote

Now you done did it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Worst?  OP
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:19:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well, what do you expect? This is GD if you haven't noticed...may I suggest that perhaps another forum is more appropriate for the discussion of religious issues?

View Quote

Is that your excuse?  This is GD so it is ok to be a douche?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:19:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

My atheist sister in law belives there is a ghost in her house.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:19:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Dude, they blew up the Kingdome years ago.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:19:55 AM EDT
[#26]
More jesus freaks go out of their way to push their beliefs and all the holy rollers I know are the biggest hypocrites in their daily lives.

Why do people make fun of them? That is why, they preach and push but dont follow their own beliefs day in day out and figure they can do what they want all week and then show up at church and its all good.

As far as "normal" people that balance church and life, I have no problems with them and I keep to my self, its the self righteous ass holes that get the bulk of the mocking.

People can believe in whatever they want, as long as they dont push it on me. Goes with any religion or group
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:19:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Now you done did it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you done did it.

Yea, she's gonna get loved tenderly...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:20:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha! I had to google him. Never seen a Naked Gun. I need to.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes no sense.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:20:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Yes it is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:21:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Because it pisses off people like you?

Why do you mock Mohamed? Or Buddha? Or the flying spaghetti monster? Why not play it safe and honor every god and holy person.... just to be safe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:21:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because everyone does not want to stand together Really who cares do not waste life asking questions like that. Regardless of what you believe, if it helps you get through life and achieve your goals that is what counts. If you feel attacked by those who disagree with your beliefs then evaulate what it is you truley believe in because you may not be as all in as you think.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:22:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
<mini rant>

I don't mind atheists...

</mini rant>

View Quote

But do you understand why a Christian would enjoy poking fun at a silly or annoying Atheist?

I know you're too mature for that, but why someone else would mock Atheism isn't completely foreign to you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:24:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Don't go lumping all atheists in with the anti-theist out there.

It would be like lumping all Christians in with the KKK or the WBC.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:24:33 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I am an atheist and I think it is good for people to believe in a god if they so choose.  Good for them if it keeps them peaceful in their heart and mind
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<mini rant>

I don't mind atheists...

</mini rant>

And I don't mind your type...I know a few.

But you get the exact type, along with the far out there Christians (and other religions) as well, who think you're the worst person in the world for not believing as they do and clearly you're a retard for holding that view. I can't stand either of them.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:24:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes. Yes it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Yes it is.

Huh.....strange, I try to treat people the way that I would like to be treated, and not poke fun at their belief structure; even in GD.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:24:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, it's practically a requirement.

I may be a fucking 13'er but I know GD ain't no place for the thin-skinned.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:25:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Is it worth the risk? Is that why you believe? Because you're scared of the consequences? You're going to hell son...not the kingdome.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:26:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you done did it.

Nonsense, they'll focus on the point I'm making (which is that people make fun of each other) and turn the other cheek at the parts that hurt their feelings. Christians are mature like that.

edit to change punctuation
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:26:30 AM EDT
[#40]
I question without mocking. I don't feel the need to belittle anyone over their faith.

Do not associate me with the same group of cretins who ruin Christmas and Easter displays, insist on the removal of public Crosses, and erect anti-religion billboards.

I will explain why I don't believe. I won't question why you don't. It's not my concern, none of my business, and frankly, I personally find those types damnably rude.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:27:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Live and let live
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:27:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nonsense, they'll focus on the point I'm making, which is that people make fun of each other, and turn the other cheek at the parts that hurt their feelings. Christians are mature like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you done did it.

Nonsense, they'll focus on the point I'm making, which is that people make fun of each other, and turn the other cheek at the parts that hurt their feelings. Christians are mature like that.

LOL, good one!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:28:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
<mini rant>

I don't mind atheists...

</mini rant>

View Quote

well said
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:28:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is it worth the risk? Is that why you believe? Because you're scared of the consequences? You're going to hell son...not the kingdome.
View Quote

nobody's going to the kingdome...

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:30:04 AM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nobody's going to the kingdome...

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/kingdome.gif?w=640&h=387

U win the Internet of the Day.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:30:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Why mock him?  Because it's an assault on another's belief.

What I'd like to know is whether Hay-Seuss would eat bacon?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:32:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:33:16 AM EDT
[#48]
OP....I sometimes mock, chide and tell off color jokes about all religions. What makes yours more special than than the other ones.

I find it especially rewarding when confronted by over zealous Bible beaters doing their best to convert me over dinner or drinks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Hey op there;s a religion section here somewhere where people like you can talk about this fairy tale all day long--------
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:42:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top