Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/17/2014 5:24:27 PM EDT
I do, by hanging. Why waste our tax dollars paying to support a murderer in prison for life? Poll inbound.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
YES
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, because I'm not an inconsistent and hypocritical "pro-life" and "pro-death penalty" RR member.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]
If there is any question of guilt then hell no.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell yes.  And quickly.

Oh, and FACLU
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I think drowning would have more consistent results.  If you had an inversion table you could use a small vessel like a Homer bucket, cut down on wasted water.  You put a couple rapists through that on NBC and people might think twice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope.  (Could support if there was always absolutely no possibility of a mistake, but since this isn't going to happen, no.)    

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I voted yes, but only when there is absolutely NO chance of innocence.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Government is not perfect.
I thought we knew this.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think drowning would have more consistent results.  If you had an inversion table you could use a small vessel like a Homer bucket, cut down on wasted water.  You put a couple rapists through that on NBC and people might think twice.
View Quote

Rapists never get death unless they also murdered their victim.  I'm all for drawing and quartering, publicly televised.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, and it should be promptly carried out. None of the waiting years and years on death row wasting taxpayer dollars.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, but not with endless taxpayer-paid appeals which take decades to resolve.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would violate 8th amendment.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes.  Some people just need killin; others forfeit their right to live through their actions.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nope.  (Could support if there was always absolutely no possibility of a mistake, but since this isn't going to happen, no.)    

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep.  We're gonna give 'em a fair trial, then we're gonna hang 'em!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm thinking a tree chipper, on PPV.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#19]
In a perfect world yup.  With our justice system, nope.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#20]
For the 87th time, yes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm thinking a tree chipper, on PPV.
View Quote

What's not to like about it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yes, because I'm not an inconsistent and hypocritical "pro-life" and "pro-death penalty" RR member.
View Quote

Yeah because killing a baby and killing a murderer is the same thing?   I'm not a hard core prolifer but there is a difference.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#23]
It is complicated.

I support the death penalty in principle, but not so much  in practice. I simply do not trust an imperfect justice system to hand out a death sentence, and get the verdict right 100% of the time. I also would not support abolishing the death penalty if there is no option of a life without parole sentence available. Yes, it means that there will be some serious scum who do time instead of fry as they deserve, but IMO, it is a better alternative to having potentially innocent people executed because of some overzealous DA or witnesses with an agenda.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#24]
YES...

Recidivism = 0%
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#26]
yes
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I support the death penalty, but I do not trust the government with relaxed conditions for it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#29]
For violent crime, absolutely.

Eta...only in cases where there is undeniable proof of guilt. DNA rape evidence, multiple eye witnesses, video evidence and confessions.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah because killing a baby and killing a murderer is the same thing?   I'm not a hard core prolifer but there is a difference.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either "every life is precious and a gift from God (who can forgive any sinner for any sin if he/she accepts him into their heart)"  

or

"6 billion people is enough, and every special snowflake, whether 6 weeks old or 60 years, can die without affecting the world or human beings as a whole in any way".  

I'll take option B, please.  Pro death is pro death.  "Pro life" aka "anti-choice" is pro-life.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Rehabilitation through reincarnation; let them experience the afterlife.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#32]
No. Too many people have been found innocent decades after being convicted.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Hell yes, I live in Texas....
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Yes, and it should be promptly carried out. None of the waiting years and years on death row wasting taxpayer dollars.
View Quote

That would really suck if you were one of these guys:

http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/The_Innocent_and_the_Death_Penalty.php

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I do, by hanging. Why waste our tax dollars paying to support a murderer in prison for life? Poll inbound.
View Quote

The victims family should have the option of handling the execution how they see fit at the prison. Anybody that killed, raped or molested one of my family members would get the blood eagle. But unfortunately we live in a progressive run world that says we need to be concerned about the civil rights of murders, rapists and child molesters.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, I do.  But not as strongly as I once did.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Provided that it is Justice and not merely Revenge
And that the rich get it just as fast as the poor

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Either "every life is precious and a gift from God (who can forgive any sinner for any sin if he/she accepts him into their heart)"  

or

"6 billion people is enough, and every special snowflake, whether 6 weeks old or 60 years, can die without affecting the world or human beings as a whole in any way".  

I'll take option B, please.  Pro death is pro death.  "Pro life" aka "anti-choice" is pro-life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

Says who?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#39]
not just yes, but fuck yes.  it needs to be faster (process, no 20 years of appeals) and more painful, kill them the same way they killed their victim(s).  charge them or their families for it if it costs anything.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
not just yes, but fuck yes.  it needs to be faster (process, no 20 years of appeals) and more painful, kill them the same way they killed their victim(s).  charge them or their families for it if it costs anything.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#41]
In cases where the guilty party and their actions are proven beyond a doubt, certainly

Recent years where dozens of people have been released from death row based on improper convictions hasn't helped the cause of the death penalty
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#42]
In theory, yes.

In practice it kills too many innocent people.

I'd rather see the victims have the option to sort it out mid-crime.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
Because a disturbing number of death row convicts have been freed when exonerating evidence came to light decades later.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
I am for the concept of the death penalty. However, considering that it costs significantly more to deal with 20 years of appeals a death penalty case has to go through, and the number of people who have been determined to be innocent after being executed, I am against the reality of the death penalty.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes.

However, the number of innocent people who have ended up on death row is pretty disconcerting.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We could fix that by giving the death penalty to people who falsely accuse others of murder and rape if the person is executed or make them serve the same amount of time in jail the accused spent. This includes the victim, over zealous detectives and over zealous prosecutors.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#48]
From a pragmatic sense absolutely… from the perspective that looks and thinks the ignorant and negatively crazies are running the show…? No not at all.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here with me.... .
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Says who?
View Quote

The prison chaplain, apparently.  Don't ask me, I'm not a believer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top