Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/4/2014 4:53:54 PM EDT
Yeah, you might have been faster on your Kawi900, but we still laughed at you at intersections and bars.

I still laugh at you today.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Yeah, you might have been faster on your Kawi900, but we still laughed at you at intersections and bars.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/highrailjon/schaeferboy_zps0cd753c0.jpg

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/highrailjon/hot80s_zps4ec68497.jpg

I still laugh at you today.
View Quote

csb?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
And we still don't care.

Enjoy your mechanized patio furniture.  We'll be out riding.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
What's it like to have your self worth tied up into something you bought that they made thousands of?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]
That bike has some messed up proportions, just seems all a bit off.

I don't really care for Harley's though, not to mention the sort of people who ride them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait....this isn't about 10 speeds?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Shovel top evo bottom..didn't that start in the 80s?I like the generator bottom end myself.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]
But what about my '80s era foreign bike? Is it cool?

Reply promptly, as my choice in motorcycle requires your approval.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget the govt tariffs on those foreign bikes that were putting the motor co out of business. HD has been propped up as much as GM.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Careful.  As I recall OP gets pissy about his 1%er Harley Dude connections.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#10]
lol harley.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And we still don't care.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#12]

My only 70's era foreign bike.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And we still don't care.

View Quote

"mechanized patio furniture"....I'm going to steal that
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Enjoy your mechanized patio furniture.
View Quote

Back then we took pride in building American rides in our own garage.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Must...save...thread....

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty sad when a Kawasaki 350 triple could clean the clock of a bike with well over 3 times the displacement.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey look everyone it’s Chunk Norris. Wolf stare and all.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Nobody laughed at my H2.

Nobody.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh boy! A motorcycle thread!
I love these.
Op, did you ever ride those bikes or just pose with them?
" this is my tough guy face"
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/highrailjon/kicker.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Enjoy your mechanized patio furniture.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/highrailjon/kicker.jpg

You seem a little pissed in that pic....oil leak?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#22]
u wot m8?

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Didn't south park do a documentary on HD guys?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Harleys are for bar hopping.

Nothing going for them but the name and nostalgia. Expensive nostalgia.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't really dislike Harley Davidson motorcycles,it's the people that ride them that annoys me the most.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks more like you are trying to get it running or stopping yet another oil leak. That does not look like the face of a happy rider. More like the face of someone with back problems from riding a pos that has no rear suspension.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#27]
saw a biker gang named hog at starbucks. they all rode on Harleys that were both older and newer. heard them talk about ricers and cagers with scowls on their faces. they scared off a few old women and stuff.

they didn't look that all that badass.one of them was working on an ipad...

whatever.

ride what you got.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Don't forget the govt tariffs on those foreign bikes that were putting the motor co out of business. HD has been propped up as much as GM.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Rickman FTW
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
saw a biker gang named hog at starbucks. they all rode on Harleys that were both older and newer. heard them talk about ricers and cagers with scowls on their faces. they scared off a few old women and stuff.

they didn't look that all that badass.one of them was working on an ipad...

whatever.

ride what you got.
View Quote

HOG isn't a gang by any stretch.Its the Harley Owners Group...doctors and lawyers and such.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Its pretty much impossible for most of arfcom to have any understanding of Harley Davidson, especially back in the days before the RUB's came along and changed it all.  Riding or owning a Harley was a lot more than just wearing Converse sneakers, long hair and racing around on some shit Jap bike like the ignorant fools most foreign bike riders were.  Of course it took a lot more to keep those older Harley's running too.  That was a pain in the ass and seems to get forgotten as years pass.

On arfcom most members can do super tuning of an iPad or smart phone (after all, most of teh arfcom are IT tech geeks), smoke dope like the Grateful Dead and dress like the faggot hipsters they are trying to be but cannot under any circumstances understand, let alone handle, a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Its pretty much impossible for most of arfcom to have any understanding of Harley Davidson, especially back in the days before the RUB's came along and changed it all.  Riding or owning a Harley was a lot more than just wearing Converse sneakers, long hair and racing around on some shit Jap bike like the ignorant fools most foreign bike riders were.  Of course it took a lot more to keep those older Harley's running too.  That was a pain in the ass and seems to get forgotten as years pass.

On arfcom most members can do super tuning of an iPad or smart phone (after all, most of teh arfcom are IT tech geeks), smoke dope like the Grateful Dead and dress like the faggot hipsters they are trying to be but cannot under any circumstances understand, let alone handle, a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
View Quote

Something to be said working on your panhead late at night raining.holding a flashlite in yer mouth half drunkaaahhhh the good old days.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

thats because carrying that heavy piece of crap every time it breaks down makes it HARD to handle
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seriously? I see small females "handle" full dressers, 1000cc sport bikes, 450mx bikes...the whole idea of some bikes taking a real tough man to ride them, is kind of a joke. Those bikes that some folks thought were really bad ass, fast and powerful back in the 70's are slower than most beginner bikes now.

I can tune FI on an iPad, or rejet a set of carbs...both are easy.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I just acquired a 2004 Softail Standard, and I am loving it. At 42, I had no intention of ever owning another bike after riding a little bit when I was in my early 20's in the Navy. I have noticed that i am one of a distinct few who ride without preconcept of attitude. I am neither old cruiser guy with bluetooth coms and heated knuckle pads and HDTV and a couch to ride on, nor the burly cut off shirt bugs in the teeth crusty biker tat guy. I am content to just cruise along on my skinny front tire. I am certainly not jesse james county choppers affliction superchrome spikes all over the bike douchebag either.
Suffice to say you all sound like some extremist douches to me, in your own little way.
Just ride, bitches, and stop taking yourselves so seriously.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Must...save...thread....

<a href="http://s12.photobucket.com/user/1313terdferguson1313/media/f_zpse31905ae.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/1313terdferguson1313/f_zpse31905ae.jpg</a>
View Quote

That's  just cool as hell
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Must be a big motorcycle rally in Phoenix this weekend, saw at least a thousand Harley's while driving today. Such a pleasure to listen to and share the road with as they straddle two lanes.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Thank goodness I have a foreign 80's bike. Whew!!!!!! (mopping sweat off forehead)

What was this thread about again?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#39]
"Can't handle a Harley"
That's some funny shit right there
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Must be a big motorcycle rally in Phoenix this weekend, saw at least a thousand Harley's while driving today. Such a pleasure to listen to and share the road with as they straddle two lanes.
View Quote

Az bike week
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thank goodness I have a foreign 80's bike. Whew!!!!!! (mopping sweat off forehead)

What was this thread about again?
View Quote

Clinging on to my '86 ZG1000...
Great backup bike !

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Is this a FAG thread?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"Can't handle a Harley"
That's some funny shit right there
View Quote

Well, they can be a handful sometimes, especially if the trailer doesn't have a good ramp.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Motorcycles are for going places on.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't really dislike Harley Davidson motorcycles,it's the people that ride them that annoys me the most.
View Quote

This, and I love HD threads.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Shovel top evo bottom..didn't that start in the 80s?I like the generator bottom end myself.
View Quote

The motor in the pic is all shovel.
Early shovels had the pan head style bottom end with the kidney shaped cam cover on the right and a generator on the front.

Later shovels like to one in the pic had the cone on the right.
Evo's used the late cone shovel bottom end. Main difference was shovel cylinders were bolted down with five short studs and the Evo used four long studs going all the way up through the cylinders and the heads.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Did you miss the thread title?
This is a '70's era thread. Most of you wanna-be's were still shitting yellow back then. If you rode in the '70's then chime in.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#48]
I had a Harley (2011 Wide Glide) for a year. Then I came to my senses and realized I liked to ride bikes that handle better than a couch, not to mention HD riders being the biggest collection of non-gear wearing douchebags on the planet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#49]
The whole "Harley is the only real bike" mentality was always stupid then and now.
What pisses me off is that American's could and should be building cutting edge tech bikes then and now but instead we cranked out a lot of lo-tech crap based on a turn of the century farm implement engine design.
I will agree that Harley has mastered the art of merchandising.... Crap count how many HD emblems are on the HD edition F-150 as an example.
I especially like the HD toilet seats that no "real" biker can't be without!
And Elton John as the closing act at the 100 HD year celebration was a master stroke!!!! LOL

Look ride what you enjoy.

I still own and ride my 1980 KZ750E1 that I bought brand new.
I also have a 2001 ZRX1200R.

I like to ride motorcycles......... not fashion statements!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#50]

Then there is this H-D with . 417,888 miles.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top