Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/18/2013 6:15:30 PM EDT

This is the dramatic moment a brave police officer grabs his shot colleague and pulls him to safety during a stakeout with a gunman.

Despite the rain of gunfire the brave policeman dodged the bullets to get wounded officer Paul Hutchison to safety.

The identity of the heroic Mephis Police Tactical, or TACT, Unit officer is unknown,however, it was believed that Mr Hutchison, who was shot in the thigh, would have been killed were it not for the actions of his quick-thinking colleague.

Hero: This is the dramatic moment a brave police officer grabs injured Paul Hutchison and pulls him to safety during a stakeout with a gunman

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Looks like two officers dragging one.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope the officer is okay and recovering quickly.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
NARC unit?
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Dayum!        

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
By the end of this of this thread 1/2 of ARFCOM will say he is wrong for speeding to the scene.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope nope nope
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]
cant be, police work is less dangerous then going fishing.

we also know that no PD would have a need for an armored vehicle like an MRAP, because
you konw, being a cop is a safe profession and having  mobile cover is just a waste of tax payer money.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#10]
The article would have been better if it used words like dramatic, heroic, hero, and brave so I'd know how dramatic it was and how brave the heroic hero was.

So were the cops unarmed? Because only one person is referenced as being a "gunman". Weren't the cops "gunmen" also?
That term being used in reference to a criminal should bother any man who owns a gun.

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

we also know that no PD would have a need for an armored vehicle like an MRAP, because
you konw, being a cop is a safe profession and having  mobile cover is just a waste of tax payer money.
View Quote

No job that requires you to carry a gun is "safe".

How much should we spend for an armored vehicle that will be in the department garage when it's needed (since the officers won't roll in it on every patrol/call)? Use it a lot and they'll find it's too expensive to maintain. Only use it on "dangerous" calls and it'll be as useful as a rifle in a safe that only a shift supervisor has keys to.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am not hearing ANY gunfire in that video.

Poor embellished reporting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They were clear in the YouTube video ...

Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzbo0LIZqKY

Looks like two officers dragging one.

Was Dave Chappelle the guy filming ?  DAYUM ....
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you deaf or just have the mute on?

Look at 0:10 seconds...
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How much should we spend for an armored vehicle that will be in the department garage when it's needed (since the officers won't roll in it on every patrol/call)? Use it a lot and they'll find it's too expensive to maintain. Only use it on "dangerous" calls and it'll be as useful as a rifle in a safe that only a shift supervisor has keys to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand they be givin em away for free
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I admit I'm tier 87 so I don't know shit about such things but if there were more than one uninjured officer why would the others not be providing suppressive fire while the one guy went after the shot officer? Seems several just ran to the guy that was down but I heard no more shots. Curious!?
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Hahaha DAMUMMMM!
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Must be that warrior mentality people keep hating on.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#18]
there were less than 10 shots. He started dragging after the fire had ceased. Good on the cop for getting his buddy out of there... but there was no fire after the LEO got injured.

Hope he's okay.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
there were less than 10 shots. He started dragging after the fire had ceased. Good on the cop for getting his buddy out of there... but there was no fire after the LEO got injured.

Hope he's okay.
View Quote

Thats my take on it.  I heard gunfire, then a guy got drug out - I didn't hear gunfire while the guy was getting pulled out.  Regardless, that took balls.  Hope the wounded cop recovers quickly and fully.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Listen again.

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ain't no such thing as free. They don't come with a maintenance unit and fuel truck do they? I'd rather they sell the stupid toys to some Doomsday Preppers type and use the cash for more firearms training.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#23]
This is where I say something like "of course he would pull one of his own out, would he have done the same for a commoner like me?"

Etc.

Let the games begin.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#24]
It's truly amazing how GD can fuck up a thread like this
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Another example of the militarization of the police. Only members of the armed forces can perform heroically while under fire. I suppose he'll get some kind of pin for his uniform now

Edit;

Look closely. You can see the cargo pockets on that guy.

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I had an uncle who earned a Silver Star in Korea for dragging a wounded lieutenant to safety out of a field being raked by enemy machine gun fire.

In later years when he talked about it he said being a "hero" never crossed his mind.

He said he just couldn't stand listening to the guy screaming anymore, so he mainly did it to shut him up.

Funny the things that motivate people sometimes.

Kudos to this brave officer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I had an uncle who earned a Silver Star in Korea for dragging a wounded lieutenant to safety out of a field being raked by enemy machine gun fire.

In later years when he talked about it he said being a "hero" never crossed his mind.

He said he just couldn't stand listening to the guy screaming anymore, so he mainly did it shut him up.

Funny the things that motivate people sometimes.

Kudos to this brave officer.
View Quote
Props to your uncle, you bring up an intersting aspect of this subject.  Some people are motivated out of the fear of being labeled a coward by their peers.  Others because thats what they were trained to do.  Their are so many motives for doing heroic deeds, only the person doing them truly knows why they did i it.  Props to the officer in this video for risking his life for his brother.  So many people talk big, but when it comes time to get down they run in fear.

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is where I say something like "of course he would pull one of his own out, would he have done the same for a commoner like me?"

Etc.

Let the games begin.
View Quote

Commoner? No, you in the UK?

A fellow human being and citizen? Yes.

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I admit I'm tier 87 so I don't know shit about such things but if there were more than one uninjured officer why would the others not be providing suppressive fire while the one guy went after the shot officer? Seems several just ran to the guy that was down but I heard no more shots. Curious!?
View Quote

In civilian LEO circumstances, suppressive fire is bad JuJu, unless extraordinary events occur. We have to account for every round fired. That's why FA weapons are not the best choice sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's truly amazing how GD can fuck up a thread like this
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Jesus. Why can't it just be " that cop did a great job"
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

because this is arfcom
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

because this is arfcom
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

because this is arfcom

Good point
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Good point
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

because this is arfcom

Good point

GD specifically, where bravery beyond the comprehension of the average cellar dweller is mocked.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 11:07:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

GD specifically, where bravery beyond the comprehension of the average cellar dweller is mocked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

because this is arfcom

Good point

I'd love to see the majority of GD posters do what that officer did
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#36]
best wishes to the police officers and I hope for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems to me that the incident took place in a bedroom neighborhood, with the potential of many civilian casualties. What works in one situation -- say, a concrete-walled warehouse-- is probably very wrong in a residential neighborhood.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#38]

I am nor shocked or surprised.   I've seen similar circumstances AT LEAST a dozen times in my 20 years as a police officer.   Sometimes it's recognized, sometimes not, except by fellow officers.

The officer did well and I hope for a speedy recovery for the wounded officer.

John
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 1:18:06 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I am nor shocked or surprised.   I've seen similar circumstances AT LEAST a dozen times in my 20 years as a police officer.   Sometimes it's recognized, sometimes not, except by fellow officers.

The officer did well and I hope for a speedy recovery for the wounded officer.
John
View Quote

Over a dozen cops shot in 20 years? Where do you work, Mogadishu P.D.?

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 1:18:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Suspect's body found after two Memphis cops shot by wanted man barricaded in burning house

Aaron Dumas, 32, was wanted on attempted murder charges in the shootings last week of his ex-girlfriend and her brother in Memphis, Tenn.
View Quote

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/15/20979633-suspects-body-found-after-two-memphis-cops-shot-by-wanted-man-barricaded-in-burning-house?lite
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 1:36:36 AM EDT
[#41]
i see this thread is going just as expected
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 1:37:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The wounded officers, identified as Timothy Jackson and Paul Hutchinson, were described as stable with gunshot wounds in their legs. Jackson was released from the hospital Tuesday night.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Hope he's okay.
View Quote

Looks like the 10 round mag limit is working, it saves lives

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 2:16:47 AM EDT
[#44]
We had the opposite on my department. We had a cop run away and leave his shot partner behind caught on video.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 2:24:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Umm... "despite heavy gunfire?"

Initial exchange of shots and then nothing.... still would have your asshole puckered to drag your friend out of that situation but the headline is a bit over the top.

ETA: or maybe we've all watched too many movies. Once bullets start flying it must feel like they are never going to stop flying.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 2:48:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
By the end of this of this thread 1/2 of ARFCOM will say he is wrong for speeding to the scene.
View Quote

Nope. But I am waiting for 'Needs more range time' comment.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 3:36:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

The MRAP is a gateway vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 3:45:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
Nice 16,000.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 3:50:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

We had the opposite on my department. We had a cop run away and leave his shot partner behind caught on video.
View Quote
.  oops i think I messed that up

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Out fucking standing.That's a selfless act right there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top