Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1008
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:50:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:00:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sjuhockey10:

Just got back to Trinidad after my long weekend up in Estes Park.  Hope everyone had an enjoyable Independence Day
View Quote

Dude I love estes, bet that was nice. Welcome back.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:03:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Just got back to Trinidad after my long weekend up in Estes Park.  Hope everyone had an enjoyable Independence Day

My girlfriend's folks have a cabin up there.  Had a great weekend.  The pic I posted on the last page was taken off the deck.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]

My girlfriend's folks have a cabin up there.  Had a great weekend.  The pic I posted on the last page was taken off the deck.
View All Quotes

Damn man, that's really cool. I really need to get back someday, it's been awhile. Hope you get plenty of chances to use that cabin.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:06:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Damn man, that's really cool. I really need to get back someday, it's been awhile. Hope you get plenty of chances to use that cabin.
View All Quotes

Yeah, got pretty lucky on that front.  This is my second trip up there this summer, and I'm going back up there next weekend to hang out with her and her dad.  Definitely an awesome part of this state -- I'd never been there before last month.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:16:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I did nice to see you both up. I have another project  when you have the time there puck...
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:25:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mauser1:
I did nice to see you both up. I have another project  when you have the time there puck...
View Quote

Duly noted  I'm hitting the sack, got class at 0800
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Good morning Sa/oU.  I stayed up playing mincraft with my kid late last night,  we built a giant city, it really is a cool game for the kids. I just woke up its super late amd I meed some coffee.

How is everyone doing today?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#8]

They did I misplaced my pill cutter so had to break one by hand. After I found it I cut the rest. The sleep med Alprazolam I need to call about.
To see if the DR office came through.I have been holding out on you though. Fell hard on Friday on the knees. Ribs are upset but the knees hurt much more.
life is hard sometimes. My new kitties diet is doing well with OT wife's wisdom. After waking up on the carpet and laying there a while I found out one thing.I need to vacuum more around here. Just another hiccup of life. They do suck though. I wanted to see a rambunctious fourth though.
Saw another thread where they had a shrimp and crab boil, I wanted to show the Eagle pictures and call him a puss though.

Oh the other kick in the nuts went to the food store to get some food and was denied on my card. WTF there should be more than $300 in there.
Looked at it and knew why that happened. It ran out 6/15 and they missed sending me a new one. Three day weekend and can;t get to any money.
So with a little over two bucks should I get a Mcdouble or head to the store for three peaches at .99 a pound and three nectarines at the same cost.
Six peices of fruit for $2 and change.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ontime1969:
Good day gentlemen and lady, hope you all had a fine night. Just getting around on this slow morning.

Good day to you too.  Did your medication reloads go ok yesterday?

Not a whole lot going on here, went to lowes to get more pavers and they were out of my color.  So i came home and have just been watching tv and you tube.

They did I misplaced my pill cutter so had to break one by hand. After I found it I cut the rest. The sleep med Alprazolam I need to call about.
To see if the DR office came through.I have been holding out on you though. Fell hard on Friday on the knees. Ribs are upset but the knees hurt much more.
life is hard sometimes. My new kitties diet is doing well with OT wife's wisdom. After waking up on the carpet and laying there a while I found out one thing.I need to vacuum more around here. Just another hiccup of life. They do suck though. I wanted to see a rambunctious fourth though.
Saw another thread where they had a shrimp and crab boil, I wanted to show the Eagle pictures and call him a puss though.

Oh the other kick in the nuts went to the food store to get some food and was denied on my card. WTF there should be more than $300 in there.
Looked at it and knew why that happened. It ran out 6/15 and they missed sending me a new one. Three day weekend and can;t get to any money.
So with a little over two bucks should I get a Mcdouble or head to the store for three peaches at .99 a pound and three nectarines at the same cost.
Six peices of fruit for $2 and change.

Huh?  You fell?  Are you ok?  And your meds please call and get that filled today, hell if you have less than 2 weeks worth of anything call and have them filled early.  Nothing wrong with that.  You cant wait until last min especially if your on a reorder.  It take the docs extra time to reorder.  If its not filled you need to call you doctors office.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok M1, managed to do a bit of shooting today. Managed a 1.75" group at 10 yards with the aluminum upper. My hand and arm feel like shit, I was lucky to pull that big group off, string side was painful and shakey. It was also a dumb move to not use a better target, black sights on black target wasn't easy, even at 10 yards. They didn't have the kind with a yellow dot in the middle. I used really old Remington high velocity, which shot just fine.

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/dbrad197/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150705_182824_zpseshjexl4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/dbrad197/Mobile%20Uploads/20150705_182824_zpseshjexl4.jpg</a>

The Hawaiian was shooting similar groups , with the buck mark and the trail side.  All said they both shoot extremely well, I didnt do too much trigger time, it just hurt and was frustrating  nOT being able to hold steady. The GF had a freaking blast with them though, she can really hold her own with a pistol now, and it's really cool to see.

Eta: sorry about that ruler shot, couldn't be bother to go get my tape
View Quote

Sweet, good for the GF.  Sorry bout your busted ass,  your will be shooting good groups soon.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
How is everyone today. I'm feeling good. Need to head down and get a new bank card.

As always have a good day all of you.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I Was at a bbq at a buddies house, playing pool volleyball. A few cheerleaders from NAU that we know came over, and this game developed where we got in the shallow end, and me and my best friend were launching them in the air towards the deep end and they were doing all these crazy flips and gainers and twists in the air. It was really cool.

We were each squatting down, grabbing a foot each, then launching up and tossing the girls. Pretty damn easy on a 120 girl. But then the guys wanTed to be tossed to. And who am I to deny someone fun? So we start throwing 225 lb guys too.

About 50 throws in, I got a little tired, my friend launched off too hard but my fingers stayed locked together. Messed up my hand and bicep It's ok, it only hurts if I move it, and I'm done moving for today.

View Quote

Nothing like that good old collage type fun there.

And here doing his signature dive is  dbrad, He'll be doing the half rotation dbelly flop.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#12]
How is everyone today. I'm feeling good. Need to head down and get a new bank card.

View Quote

Doing good here.  Hope you are ok after your spill.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Eagle34:

Doing good here.  Hope you are OK after your spill.
View All Quotes

I'll be fine. Ribs ached a bit more for a day, was the knees that took most of it They are feeling much better.

Another day or so and I'll never know it happened. The neighbor three doors down must be having a hard time getting
the four man car loading team to show up or him trust them. He asked if I could help him next weekend.
This has been the first week I've felt half way normal. Temped to say yes. Wanted to see what you all think.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#14]

I'll be fine. Ribs ached a bit more for a day, was the knees that took most of it They are feeling much better.

Another day or so and I'll never know it happened. The neighbor three doors down must be having a hard time getting
the four man car loading team to show up or him trust them. He asked if I could help him next weekend.
This has been the first week I've felt half way normal. Temped to say yes. Wanted to see what you all think.
View All Quotes

Wouldnt that be much easier with a come-along?

I know you want to help, but last time weren't you sore for like a week?

Take a break and heal yourself up some, us old farts don't heal as quick as we used to.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:47:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#15]

Take a break and heal yourself up some, us old farts don't heal as quick as we used to.
View All Quotes

Not trying to pile on but I agree with eagle.  Your own words tell the tale. You said, its the first week you have felt half way normal.  Thats not back to normal my friend as much as you and I and the rest of us want.  You have to let your self heal and get back to 100%.  You have some serious close calls there and you must take some healing time.  

I know your feeling gung ho and I also think you could probobly do what he wants you to do, but you dont have any reserve yet.  I know you want to help your friend but you dont want to end up in hospital again.  Use that gunge ho to vacuum and go through all your mail. Its not being selfish if your health is at stake.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#17]
The left over crabs from the other night got picked out that night and we ended up with a quart and a half of meat.  Tonight Mom made a nice salad covered in shrimp.  Then we had a crab pie.  Basically a crab cake in a pie crust with cheese on top, the popped in the oven (instead of fried like a crab cake.)

No pics this time sorry.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#18]
So what's this thread about?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#19]
How is everyone today.
View Quote

Drunk...
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LinggrrLonggrr:
View Quote

Anything you want to talk about.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

What Ohio said. Anything and everything.  Welcome
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#23]
The left over crabs from the other night got picked out that night and we ended up with a quart and a half of meat.  Tonight Mom made a nice salad covered in shrimp.  Then we had a crab pie.  Basically a crab cake in a pie crust with cheese on top, the popped in the oven (instead of fried like a crab cake.)

No pics this time sorry.
View Quote

Well that certainly sucks no crab pictures.  and I think your all right. Dr OT and his assistants Kitties dbrad and Eagle all agree.
All senior members of the school of Sa/oU.
Your just going to have to figure a way to do it yourself. He has two come alongs and he can swap them back and forth and get it up there.
It's just that what we can knock out in 5 min is going to take a half hour. or more to do. Sorry dude answer is no.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Fun and a haven from GD.....Your welcome...Come on in.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Well that certainly sucks no crab pictures.  and I think your all right. Dr OT and his assistants Kitties dbrad and Eagle all agree.
Your just going to have to figure a way to do it yourself. He has two come alongs and he can swap them back and forth and get it up there.
It's just that what we can knock out in 5 min is going to take a half hour. or more to do. Sorry dude answer is no.
View All Quotes

No pics this time sorry.

Good answer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

View All Quotes

Digging the avitar, i need to show some solidarity as well.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#27]

It seems to happen a lot with hospital employees who wear scrubs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bennjammin:
Nice food everyone, I'm jealous of the crabs, but I had ribs and chicken....

Saw some good fireworks with the fam, but not before my wife dropped her phone in the toilet...

Wait WTF really! That is crazy. Let me guess, she wont touch it now. Dude that sucks.

It seems to happen a lot with hospital employees who wear scrubs.

she'll touch it, just hope it works, phones aren't cheap

its been hanging out in a bag of rice,,,
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

No pics this time sorry.

about every other year i head to the delaware beaches with my entire family (mom was oldest of 7), my aunt and uncle have a beach house out there and all my uncles cousins and i we get a few bushels of crabs one night and we go to town for the entire night... i'm always one of the last men standing, i'm a pig with those damn crabs!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

awesome new avatar... fuck the haters
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Drunk...
View All Quotes
How is everyone today.

Drunk...

Oh crap a new personality there...Did you do that looks good. I'm not blowing smoke...It really does look good.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

This right here.  Like it Ohio.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

OMG. I've never had fresh crab that way.  I want to try that sometime...the "coastal" experience. I mean, we get decent flash-frozen fish up here now, and that's enabled us to enjoy fish in a lot of new ways as compared to when I was a kid. But still, that way of living--dealing with fresh seafood--is so alien to me. It sounds phenomenal.
View All Quotes

No pics this time sorry.

OMG. I've never had fresh crab that way.  I want to try that sometime...the "coastal" experience. I mean, we get decent flash-frozen fish up here now, and that's enabled us to enjoy fish in a lot of new ways as compared to when I was a kid. But still, that way of living--dealing with fresh seafood--is so alien to me. It sounds phenomenal.

Go back a couple of pages and see what all the rage is about.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#36]

What are we showing solidarity for?  

(Kitties never knows the latest issues, unless uxb decides he wants to tell her. )
View All Quotes

(Kitties never knows the latest issues, unless uxb decides he wants to tell her. )

did I just read what I think I did? I will recuse myself from this part of the thread.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

The battle flag of the south.  They actually want to remove it from Ft. Sumter.  The place where the civil war started.

They can change all they want, but they can't re-write history.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:10:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Just in case you wondered where I went.
You can use a Marlin 1895 in 45-70 to retrieve a dog toy from under a bed if needed.
That rat/Jack Russel terrier will not leave you alone if it loses a toy and knows where it is.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:38:40 AM EDT
[#40]
reporting in with the sads.

I did not make the "from their posts which members would you like to meet/know" thread...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Just in case you wondered where I went.
You can use a Marlin 1895 in 45-70 to retrieve a dog toy from under a bed if needed.
That rat/Jack Russel terrier will not leave you alone if it loses a toy and knows where it is.
View Quote

And if you get attacked by a mountain lion while whileretriving the said toy, you can defend your self.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#42]
I am going to make some stensils and paint some magazines with the Arizona flag.  Im going to practice the process first with this magpul sticker.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Yes still trying to figger out what Bounce is talking about........
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:55:21 AM EDT
[#44]
That should be fun.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:27:53 AM EDT
[#45]

Oh crap a new personality there...Did you do that looks good. I'm not blowing smoke...It really does look good.
View All Quotes
How is everyone today.

Drunk...

Nope, ZeroTolerance made it for me.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1765159_If_you_don_t_have_a_Confederate_Battle_Flag_Avatar___.html&page=10&anc=54465218#i54465218
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:27:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bounce19712] [#46]
Yes still trying to figger out what Bounce is talking about........
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1765045_Which_members_do_you_think_would_be_interesting_people_in_person_.html
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:31:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#47]

View All Quotes

A square red flag with a blue saltire with white outlining, with thirteen white five-pointed stars of equal size inside the saltire.  13 stars representing states including your state Kentucky, also the state of my mother from Mississippi and my father from North Carolina.

It was made after the first battle of Bull Run (or Manassas) because the different units of the southern fighters carried different battle flags, and this lead to a lot of confusion.  It was standardized starting in December of 1861 and designed from the South Carolina succession flag.

One of my earliest memories was back when I was a little baby I remember at the end of TV programming for the day, they would show the battle flag.  I remember my dad would stand up and salute the battle flag.  I was told stories of my ancestors who went off to battle billy yank.  One soldier, my gggf, who was named John Register wrote a letter that we have telling his sweet heart, my gggm, he would come home with abe Lincolns head in a bucket, he came home missing a leg instead.  We also learned stories of a very difficult reconstruction and how it affected everything that took place in the southern states while my ggm and grandmother were growing up.

Thats what it means to me, my family's heritage over 100 years, self determination, standing up to overwelming odds, being different than the large industrial part of the nation and growing food for this nation.

I fly my American flag proudly in front of my home. But I also have a battle flag that my grandmother gave me and I hang that proudly as well.  One never takes from the other.  

Here is potato pic of my refridgerator.

Eta
Lol that magnet is not the flag i got from my grandmother btw thats in garage.  Haha
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#48]
As many as I could think of got in on Seven
You should get yours in also.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#49]
As many as I could think of got in on Seven
You should get yours in also.
View Quote

Wow I made someone's list.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#50]

I'm horrible.  Haven't been in this thread for a long time.  

Hope everyone's doing okay!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1008
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top