Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2002 1:11:51 PM EDT
Saw this on GlockTalk, where someone else saw it on TFL:

[url]http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134951&perpage=25&pagenumber=1[/url]

Wasn't the first thing the Cubans did was go to the FFLs and "collect" their 4473s? Seems the FBI is doing the same, looking for AR-15 owners.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
[b][i]WOLVERINES![/i][/b]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn.

ALways easier to harrass the innocent than an actual criminal.

Wonder if they'll track me to Pennsylvania?
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You know, I bought the DVD of Red Dawn and watched it for the first time about a week ago.  Great movie, but mine didn't have any subtitles for when people were speaking in other languages.  Are there supposed to be?  If so, I think I'll be contacting the DVD manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I call bullshit on the thread.

No agent would do say THAT many stupid things in ONE phone call.

If the agent REALLY wanted to talk to the guy, he would have gone to his residence unannounced, or had the guy come in and answer questions.

IF the agent had sent police and ATF to the guys house, and IF the guy was a bad guy, the agent would have been responsible for ANY deaths to other agents that may have occured.

I call bullshit. It's bad, but not THAT bad,

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#6]
yes there are subtitles you just have to turn them on. As far as this guys post on the link, something smells fishy. Im not buying it but im not exactly saying it didnt happen either.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Here are the subtitles:

"AMERICA SUCKS; Allah Rules"

"Kill all of the infidels; Allah Rules"

and

"Why are those Americans urinating into the engine?"

=IBTL=
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe it's possible.

Remember, they are pulling in everyone they can to man the phones, do the research, etc....

You are assuming this caller from the FBI was much better than a telemarketer.  Add in fatigue, frustration........
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#10]
WHOA!

The Beekeeper1...

Pulling out the 12" pinkie-finger reply???

What kind of day did YOU have???

LOL
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You know, I bought the DVD of Red Dawn and watched it for the first time about a week ago.  Great movie, but mine didn't have any subtitles for when people were speaking in other languages.  Are there supposed to be?  If so, I think I'll be contacting the DVD manufacturer.
View Quote

We bought it about that time also, and ours had the subtitles in it. We got ours at Wal-Mart last sunday.
Thumpalina [shotgun]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I have to ask.

What does the poster gain by posting something untrue?

We already don't trust the FBI...but this scenario isn't happening to US, it's happening to HIM.  I'd bet that the "Get A Lawyer" advice is what most of US would recommend under the circumstances.

Most of us here already know the score, not much more we would do than what we've already done to remain in compliance with the law and Cover our collective and individual asses from the legal harrassment we endure from the anti-gun bedwetters we already have to deal with in our society.

So I have to ask, what does this guy have to gain by trying to make us even MORE mad at the FBI?

Unless it's part of the tactic of driving a wedge between us, the most capable of the armed citizenry, and law enforcement, who traditionally have been our closest allies (yes, we have procedural differences, but we ALL have guns...that is our common link)

So, let us examine for a moment the validity of his statements:  He has not posted any agent's names, nor phone numbers.  This is bad.  This hurts his credibility because no one can verify his story firsthand.  Verdict: BS

An FBI agent threatening to send a team over to someone's house is a SERIOUS no-no.  I've dealt with FBI agents before...they're more sneaky than that;  They're not good at direct confrontation and will NEVER EVER tip off a suspect that a team is coming.  More likely, instead of trying to intimidate or coerce, the FBI would be more inclined to say "Hey, we'd like you to pop in at your convenience and clear a few things up about your whereabouts because of this sniper thing.  Strictly routine, of course."  To threaten over the phone is unprofessional, unproductive, and liability-ridden.  At Best: An overzealous functionary playing games. (IF true) at Worst: BS

The fact that the "agent" wanted this individual to put his DAD on the phone violates all KINDS of procedures I'm aware of.
Verdict: BS

So I have to ask, is this someone IMPERSONATING the FBI, tormenting this pour soul, or is he misrepresenting the whole thing?

The Acid Test:

Have him publish, on whatever board, the name of the agent who talked to him, and his contact phone number.

Then someone, any one of us, could call this "agent" and ask HIM some questions.  After reading the "What do you do" section of AR15.com, I am CERTAIN that a few of us could eat him for lunch, verbally, no matter WHO he is, or thinks he is.

This whole "sniper" thing is a big publicity stunt, using real people as political pawns in order to pass a murderous agenda.  This post could be just another finger of it.

Just my opinion.

Panz
[bounce]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Some graphics!

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=Balzac72&album_id=103554&image_id=1&courtesy=1[/img]
[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=Balzac72&album_id=103554&image_id=2&courtesy=1[/img]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw this on GlockTalk, where someone else saw it on TFL:

[url]http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134951&perpage=25&pagenumber=1[/url]

I meant to say "The first thing, after they finished securing the town.....

Scott

Wasn't the first thing the Cubans did was go to the FFLs and "collect" their 4473s? Seems the FBI is doing the same, looking for AR-15 owners.....

Scott

View Quote

It wasn't the "First thing" but they did do it once they secured the town. Something tells me by the time they "secured" the town, the AR owners would be dead or long gone..in Texas anyway...But it is creepy that they are doing that..
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I find this quote interesting:
I did verify by calling them myself (after looking up the local office of said agency in the phone book) that the number they called from was in fact this agency.
View Quote

"This agency" only has one phone number, and it is the one listed in the phone book?  Uh-huh . . . LEO's of the agency, doing investigative work, call out on the same number listed in the phone book for incoming calls.  I've got a twelve inch . . . pinkie finger too.  [rolleyes]
View Quote

I took it to mean he called the number in the phone book, and [b]ASKED[/b] if they could verify the other number. (Maybe he has Caller ID.)

Scott

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Having gotten drunk in the past and posted such BS to stir things up (a long time before I could afford an AR I'm affraid) I call Bullshit also. Now granted I dont avoid the NCIS because in the end the gov't has ways around that of finding out just what you take to the range (or dont!) if they realy want to, but I still think the guy was either prank called or is prank-posting.

I'm sorry, but how many of you folks like being told what to do? How many asshole SOBs on here would suddenly become choir boys in the face of such a phone call? Personaly I'd just hang up on such a call. If the FBI realy wants a chat with me, they can come on down and knock on the door, depending on how they knock and what their attitude is, I'll greet them with either a nice cup of coffee or a nice hail of lead.

I have no problem acting civilized so long as I know I'll be treated civil in return. I also have no problem acting like a barbarian if thats how I'm treated.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been advised to stay off gun boards. I'm also to stay away from gun ranges for a while.
View Quote

Told not to post on gun boards or go to gun ranges?? [i]That just don't make no sense sarge![/i] To be told something like that means he's leaving out some details.

Far be it from the Gov to screw with innocent civilians[/sarcasm], but they do it differently than what he's describing.
I think it's nothing more than disinformation amongst our ranks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Call the main office of ATF sometime....
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Call the main office of ATF sometime....
View Quote

Went to the ATF office in the Federal Building in Denver in 89' - ask for a Form 1 & a Form 4 - The people there swore up & down that there was no such thing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I want that phone call!!! It makes me hard just thinking about it. I would love to tell that FBI guy to stick his head up his fucking ass, call a lawyer and the NRA so he could have his ass handed to him.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#23]
That thread is pure, unadulterated, BS.  If you believe it, I have a bridge to sell.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That thread is pure, unadulterated, BS.  If you believe it, I have a bridge to sell.
View Quote

Exactly what I was thinking.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WHOA!

The Beekeeper1...

Pulling out the 12" pinkie-finger reply???

What kind of day did YOU have???

LOL
View Quote

I've had quite a productive day so far, thank you.  What do you think of his post and the quote I copied?  
View Quote

I thought that was one of the "more" unbelievable factors...THEN, he doesnt know who the agent is, BUT the person answering the phone does.

Admin Assistants answer phones. It's a FAR reach that the person answering the VERY public number would be able to deduce what happened and who to get ahold of...much less being able to ACTUALLY get ahold of said agent.

Its probably his workmates at Dominos Pizza giving him a hard time...LOL
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I vote attention whore. C'mon - he was asked to put his father on the phone? Does he live with his father? How old is he? Is he even old enough to have bought guns in his own name?

Who told him not to go to ranges or post on gun boards? His allegedly anti-gun family? The same one that he apparenlty still lives with yet let him buy 12 guns this past year?

I smell a 15 year old kid with an active imagination, and not a very good one at that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder if he is related to BOG?
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#28]
If this incident is true, I do not see what the problem is. We have a republican pro-gun President and pro-gun Attorney General. It is plainly obvious to me that they only have gun owners best interests in mind by making sure that everyone will be ready for when the militia gets called up to defend the freedoms of this great democracy.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#29]
[b]REMEMBER "RED DAWN"?????[/b]

Yeah, I remember.  I fvcked her under the bleachers at homecoming.  She was on the rag too! [8D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If this incident is true, I do not see what the problem is. We have a republican pro-gun President and pro-gun Attorney General. It is plainly obvious to me that they only have gun owners best interests in mind by making sure that everyone will be ready for when the militia gets called up to defend the freedoms of this great democracy.
View Quote

I can usually tell when you are being sarcastic, but you might want to warn some of the TFH people. They might miss it.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Admin Assistants answer phones. It's a FAR reach that the person answering the VERY public number would be able to deduce what happened and who to get ahold of...much less being able to ACTUALLY get ahold of said agent.

Its probably his workmates at Dominos Pizza giving him a hard time...LOL[/quote]

Not necessarily so. Former FLEO
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:39:46 AM EDT
[#32]
What are Form 1 and Form 4?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:43:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wonder if they'll track me to Pennsylvania?
View Quote

Hmmmmmmmm.........where in Pennsylvania?
Please give street address and directions along with a description of all weapons and accurate count of ammo on property.
Thank you for complying.
OFFICE OF HOMELAND SECURITY

PS: When you see the bright lights leave the property with both hands above your head in plan sight. Do not make any sudden moves.
You have nothing to be concerned about.
We are only trying to help you.
This is in your best interest.
Comply now.
(This notice printed on recycled toilet paper)
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What are Form 1 and Form 4?
View Quote
NFA registration documents.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#35]
[url]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=Balzac72&album_id=103554&image_id=2&courtesy=1[/url]

Mmmmmmmmm.  Charger.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#36]
They crossposted me!

That being said, all eyes should be on the Baltimore FBI office.  Apparently Chaim's story is true.

He is also apparently a long-time poster there.  I invite you to observe his defense.

I am SOOOOOO tempted to get my busybody ass up and over to a pay phone to call the Baltimore field office, ask to speak to the Duty Officer, and in my best Southern Drawl...

"So, I hear y'all are big on harrassin' Jewish Gun Ownahs.  Care ta comment on thet?"

The entertainment value of recording that call might be worth the couple of bucks I'd spend calling long distance from a pay phone.

( The downside is that if someone actually DOES this, they're going to come after me...oh well. )

Panz
[bounce]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top