Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2013 5:57:36 PM EDT
I keep seeing ads for Retaliation, and it looks like The Rock is trying to help out the Joes after Cobra takes over the country.

Didn't they already make this one with Bruce Willis? I saw the ads for this online like 2 years ago. What the fuck is going on here?
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]

You don't know either. Got it.

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Too many.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it's just the 2. But yeah the sequel has had previews going for a loooong time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#5]
They delayed the release and either refilmed some parts are filmed some more to add to it.  It apparently stunk too bad to make its original release, even by Hollywood's current standards.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Two live action and a few animated. G.I. Joe: Resolute was my favorite.

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They delayed the release and either refilmed some parts are filmed some more to add to it.  It apparently stunk too bad to make its original release, even by Hollywood's current standards.

and they had to make it 3-D so it would be better.

Same movie that was suppose to be out last year about this time, and they pulled it at the last second.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I keep seeing ads for Retaliation, and it looks like The Rock is trying to help out the Joes after Cobra takes over the country.

Didn't they already make this one with Bruce Willis? I saw the ads for this online like 2 years ago. What the fuck is going on here?
There will be 2 live action movies. First was "Rise of Cobra" in 2009, the upcoming "Retaliation" will be the 2nd movie.  The Rock and Bruce Willis are both in "Retaliation".

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think it's just the 2. But yeah the sequel has had previews going for a loooong time.

They re-wrote the sequel after it was finished.

The original story of the sequel had Chaning Tatum's (whatever his name is) character die. Soon after the movie was completed Tatum's career looked very prosperous and lucrative, so they re-wrote the movie and re-shot scenes to keep Tatum's character available for a 3rd...to capitalize on more revenue with name recognition.

Not a Joe dork, but I know a guy that was an extra in the movie shoot and so I got the low down on why it took forever to release.....my kid likes the movie, he's 11...and my daughter is in love with Tatum..she's 14.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Guy is the worst actor ever. I HATE that he is in it. Only reason I will see it is because I ate and slept gI Joes as a kid.

Quoted:
Quoted:

The original story of the sequel had Chaning Tatum's (whatever his name is) character die. Soon after the movie was completed Tatum's career looked very prosperous and lucrative, so they re-wrote the movie and re-shot scenes to keep Tatum's character available for a 3rd...to capitalize on more revenue with name recognition.

Not a Joe dork, but I know a guy that was an extra in the movie shoot and so I got the low down on why it took forever to release.....my kid likes the movie, he's 11...and my daughter is in love with Tatum..she's 14.

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet the Rock does it up good, I've liked a couple of his movies
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#12]
This movie was supposed to come out last year.  In the original Duke (channing tatum) is killed early on.  When they were doing test screenings of the movie the were finding that people really like Channing Tatum and didn't like that he had such a small role and was killed early.  On top of that it was originally going to be released around the same time as the Magic Mike movie also starring Channing Tatum.  The movie makers were scared that they would lose money on this movie because more women would go see him in Magic Mike and they wanted their business.   So they delayed it to film new scenes with him in the movie and give him a bigger role.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Guy is the worst actor ever. I HATE that he is in it. Only reason I will see it is because I ate and slept gI Joes as a kid.

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was funny in 21 Jump Street

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#14]
"How many GI Joe movies have there been?"

Simple equation:

X = Number of GI Joe movies.
If X is greater than 0
X = Too many GI Joe movies.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Came here to post this.  Actually was gonna post, "One. The 1987 animated film."
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#16]

1st reply / thread
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#17]
None worth watching so far.

I loved Joe in the 80s. The first movie was awful.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Resolute was pretty good. It was a darker take on the series, and Joes/Cobras were actually able to hit their targets! It was kind of anime-ish in art style so I guess some people would frown upon that, though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Too many.

THIS!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I always liked the movie from the 80s

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Resolute was pretty good. It was a darker take on the series, and Joes/Cobras were actually able to hit their targets! It was kind of anime-ish in art style so I guess some people would frown upon that, though.

Big Resolute fan... I saw it before the movie came out and was hoping for something as well done. I was disappointed.

That year was awful for raping beloved childhood characters... Wolverine was terrible as well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh. I really don't care about Tatum (his time in the first movie was spent flexing his jaw muscles and not acting) but he played Duke. You can't kill Duke no matter who plays him.

The first movie was rife with issues like this too. They really need to nail it this time or they might as well not do a third movie. They should have thrown a Conex full of money at Michael Bay and had the Transformers writers do the script.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Retaliation was supposed to come out last year but audiences liked Channing Tatum so much that the producers pulled the film right before the release & re-did the movie. (Original release was scheduled after Magic Mike). In the original, Duke was supposed to have died in the attack against the Joes. In this one, he doesn't die (as far as I know) & they gave him a bigger role. Most of the trailers look the about same as the ones from last year but more Duke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top