Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/22/2013 12:25:26 PM EDT

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_22846837/bill-seize-registered-assault-weapons-dead-author-says

One of the most controversial gun-control bills introduced in California this year — a move to seize the 166,000 registered assault weapons grandfathered in under the state's ban — is dead, its author said Thursday.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_22846837/bill-seize-registered-assault-weapons-dead-author-says

One of the most controversial gun-control bills introduced in California this year — a move to seize the 166,000 registered assault weapons grandfathered in under the state's ban — is dead, its author said Thursday.

But remember, they aren't trying to take you guns away.

If they come to take them it's time to use them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Bust a deal, face the Wheel.

Bonta also said he was keenly
aware of the gun lobby's assertion that any state or national
registration of firearms is merely a prelude to confiscation — something
his bill actually pursued.

"I didn't want to have a bill that plays into that argument," he said.

It's a little late for that, you stupid asshole.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Text:

SNIPPED BY REQUEST

Lying gun grabbing nazi scum.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Text:

Delete that or the thread will be locked.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
But our fear of our guns being confiscated by the government is purely paranoia on our part...  
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Text:

I was under the impression it was O.K. to quote an article like that.  Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Joe Biden says only the black helicopter crowd thinks the registration leads to confiscation.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

But our fear of our guns being confiscated by the government is purely paranoia on our part...  

No shit.

"I don't want to play into that argument". WTF? Why not shithead, you explicitly attempted to do precisely that. Unfuckingbelievable.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Text:

I was under the impression it was O.K. to quote an article like that.  Am I wrong?

Just a portion of the text. That's the reason for the short quote in the OP. Quoting the entire text is not allowed.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Text:

From the CoC:

10) Copyrighted Material must be respected.
If you wish to share an article from another site, it's important you
post only a small excerpt of the content (less than 10%) with a link to
the original. We will initially issue warnings, but repeat violations
will result in your removal from the site.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#11]
166K in the entire state?  Hell, we only have 24K people in this county and I would bet a years pay we have more than that.

Sounds like the state has effectively been disarmed anyway.  Is this number real?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

166K in the entire state?  Hell, we only have 24K people in this county and I would bet a years pay we have more than that.

Sounds like the state has effectively been disarmed anyway.  Is this number real?
That's the number of registered assault weapons, and it's accurate.

There was (and continues to be) MASSIVE non-compliance. You have no idea.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck that.

I'd give them away for free on the streets of South Central before I'd let the Brown Shirts "compensate" me for them at 3x their market value.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Bonta also said he was keenly aware of the gun lobby's assertion that any state or national registration of firearms is merely a prelude to confiscation — something his bill actually pursued.

I fucking LOL'd.

This is definitive proof that the .gov wants confiscation, and registration is just a means to that end.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bonta also said he was keenly aware of the gun lobby's assertion that any state or national registration of firearms is merely a prelude to confiscation — something his bill actually pursued.

I fucking LOL'd.

This is definitive proof that the .gov wants confiscation, and registration is just a means to that end.

Exactly WHY.........you never trust THE LIBTARDS & POLITICIANS.   THEY know where they are going with every step.   When THEY say, "REASONABLE GUN CONTROLS" it means = another step closer.

Then again, there are alot of problem(s) even within our own ranks.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fucking LOL'd.

yup.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's worse than that.  A police official from my area was hired by the DoJ to audit the registry shortly after the deadline closed.  He told me that a significant percentage of the items that ARE registered aren't required to be.  For example, one guy registered two Colt Python revolvers as AWs.  Because the registration form had room for five items, some people made up stuff that doesn't exist just so the form would be completely filled out.

The real compliance rate is very, very low, and there really isn't anything the .gov can do about it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

"I don't want to play into that argument". WTF? Why not shithead, you explicitly attempted to do precisely that. Unfuckingbelievable.

Point out this article next time a lib tries to tell you you're being paranoid with the whole confiscation thing.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea ARs w/o BBs and 30rd pmags mags are not uncommon to see at some public ranges.

Hell there is FA fire at some small ranges in the north east.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#21]
These people should consider themselves fortunate they are removed from office through the ballot box. They are blatantly passing de facto unconstitutional laws. I wonder if they fully understand the war they are trying to start?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Joe Biden says only the black helicopter crowd thinks the registration leads to confiscation.

Sullivan Law.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's estimated that somewhere in the area of 5% were registered.

Even if it were double that, that still leaves 1.6 million unregistered "assault weapons" here.

Say on average 3 per owner, that's approximately 500k gun owners refusing to comply with legislation designed to disarm them.

That gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#25]
one day it wont be dead. itll pass
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How about a $500 reward for turning in illegal gun owners instead?

Ha ha what you did I see it
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How about a $500 reward for turning in illegal gun owners instead?

Coming to a PRK near you soon.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Which begs the question: Is it enforceable?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

These people should consider themselves fortunate they are removed from office through the ballot box. They are blatantly passing de facto unconstitutional laws. I wonder if they fully understand the war they are trying to start?

Sure they do. That's why the police are allowed to mag-dump innocent's cars without even having to explain in court.

The war has already started, most just don't realize it yet.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which begs the question: Is it enforceable?

No, it won't be.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

beat by 7 hours

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#32]
The sad thing is these politicians get reelected and reelected by the morons who live in California . There is no repercussion for the bad deeds they do.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure they do. That's why the police are allowed to mag-dump innocent's cars without even having to explain in court.

http://i48.tinypic.com/b3phqh.jpg

200 Dornans maybe.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

This is the kind of thing which sparks political violence.

It's literally impossible for an honest man to debate these shits; they'll sit there and tell you the ocean is orange with a straight face and then accuse you of being a racist when you ask them what the hell you're talking about.

Men like George Washington and Andrew Jackson wouldn't put up with this egregious bullshit; they'd beat their sorry ass with the nearest piece of sturdy furniture
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#35]
My tinfoil hat may be wound a bit tight this evening but I think there is a bit more to this behind the scenes.  I would bet serious money that he had some talks with the current administration and this bill did not sit well with them.  The admin definitely agrees with it, down the road.  If this bill gained attention on the national stage, it would shit all over their UBC bill including permanent records of all firearm sales aka registration.  People all over the country would point to Cali and give them the "explain motherfucker" look and it would die in the Senate.

TL;DR crowd

Cali dickbag pulled bill under pressure from WH admin to help pass national UBC with registration and this will certainly not help their cause.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#36]
It will be back next year.

And the year after that

And again.

Until it finally passes.

They probably figured that they would get another registration passed for semi auto rifles first.
Then pistols
Then they will try for confiscation.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#37]
They are disgusting LIARS!
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Bill wouldn't pass
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

License to kill.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's worse than that.  A police official from my area was hired by the DoJ to audit the registry shortly after the deadline closed.  He told me that a significant percentage of the items that ARE registered aren't required to be.  For example, one guy registered two Colt Python revolvers as AWs.  Because the registration form had room for five items, some people made up stuff that doesn't exist just so the form would be completely filled out.

The real compliance rate is very, very low, and there really isn't anything the .gov can do about it.

I would have registered my kitchen appliances.  

1 toaster

1 kitchenaid food processor w/ high capacity bowl

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

He sprung the trap before the mouse took the cheese. Now he wants to quietly unspring it and hope no one noticed.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bust a deal, face the Wheel.

http://images.wikia.com/roadwarrior/images/6/64/Bust_a_deal_face_the_wheel.png

What a dumbass.

And it's invariably true... registration leads to confiscation.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#44]
sounds to me like California got a little too excited with this bill when they introduced it. Leave it to gun hating Cali to try and "get ahead of the game" and outdo their close liberal buddies when an opportunity arises.

"Look what we can do! We can one up you Obama" But by introducing the bill they basically uncovered the true ultimate goal and plan of all liberals...CONFISCATION. The rest of the country was watching and every gun owner in other states were saying to themselves "is this what's gonna happen someday if I'm forced to register my guns now?"

Way to screw up the liberal secret and Obama's big plan California.  Now everyone is onto the overall scheme.  Dummies.

I bet even liberals are mad at California for doing this... so early, and showing proof of what liberals are really up to before they even had a chance to get registration started with the rest of the country.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Just sit on this part right here.....

a move to seize the 166,000 registered assault weapons grandfathered in under the state's ban

Just sit on it........and think.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But remember, they aren't trying to take you guns away.

If they come to take them it's time to use them.

THIS!

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I hope the bill had a lot funding in it for damage repairs and survivor's benefits.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think many people want to wake up to the reality of what is going on.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Cue that bitter looking cat saying "good"

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#50]
this could help SAFE..

proof that reg leads to confiscation   just a matter of time.

doesnt matter if it didnt pass,  the bill drafted proves intent to confiscate.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top