Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2012 11:38:50 AM EDT
I'm kind of old school, so I have no debit or credit cards, and pay either cash, check, or money order. There is stuff I always want on Amazon.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure but why not use a Visa gift card from your local store?
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Seriously?

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
You must be wonderful to stand behind at the supermarket.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#4]
You can pay electronically by check.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Seriously?  

Yea, seriously. Can't help it if I'm 20 years behind times.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I pay cash, so I'm in and out .
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously?  

20? Try 80.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You can help it. Go get a Visa gift card and preload the balance with whatever you want to spend. Or just go get a credit/debit card like a normal person.

Amazon is built for fast and efficient ordering and fulfillment. They are not going to accept your archaic forms of payment just because you don't want to get a credit card.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Get a reloadable debit card. You can buy it on Amazon
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  

You *can* help it.

You don't want to.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#11]

I'll never understand why people go out of their way to make life difficult.  I have enough shit to worry about every day without *deliberately* making the world a harder place to live in.

Well, good for you.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  

Do you keep your money in your mattress or in a bank.  If in a bank, just get a debit card.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Those "count your change" kiosks sometimes give Amazon gift codes.

Put your change in, get slip with code on it that works like a credit card on Amazon.

Prepaid Visa is probably a little more efficient though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  

Do you keep your money in your mattress or in a bank.  If in a bank, just get a debit card.

I keep it all in a bank, but keep just enough a week out of my check to get me by. I'm frugal / cheap, and afraid of credit and debit cards.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Well yeah, my credit cards jumped out of my wallet the other day and tried to rape me.

Thankfully I had a gun, but, whew.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  

I keep it all in a bank, but keep just enough a week out of my check to get me by. I'm frugal / cheap, and afraid of credit and debit cards.

Plastic causes cancer. Be very afraid.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm kind of old school, so I have no debit or credit cards, and pay either cash, check, or money order. There is stuff I always want on Amazon.

Wait....you have a checking account...but don't have a debit card for the account?
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I pay cash, so I'm in and out .

What? Faster to pay with credit card.

Just make sure you pay it off every month and the credit card companies pay YOU. I have cashed out like 500 bucks from 'point' systems through my credit card.  I have never paid money to the credit card company.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  

Maybe you shouldn't be buying things off the internet.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well yeah, my credit cards jumped out of my wallet the other day and tried to rape me.

Thankfully I had a gun, but, whew.

QFT
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you have a bank account or is that too modern?
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do you have a bank account or is that too modern?

this
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  

Debit card is better then cash.  With cash if its lost or stolen, you're out the money.  With a debit card, you cancel the card and get a new one with all the charges dropped off.   Debit cards also easier to keep track of and  you can really see where all you're money is going.  Makes it easier to cut certain expenses.  The thing to watch out for is "I can just swipe it".  If you really are worried about going into debt on a debit card, place a daily limit on it, that way you can call your bank and raise the limit if necessary.  Not having a debit card is a lot like not having a car.  You can get around just fine without it, but it can really make your life a lot simpler.

PM me if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#24]
How are you on this here internets? I found a page that might help you. The carrier pigeon should arrive in a day.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I applaud you sir
A simple man,solitary amongst many,forging a path that others ridicule.
A moden day Jeremiah Johnston

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Or someone just making purchasing things online difficult for themselves.

OP, just get a prepaid Visa gift card or something. Don't need a credit card, either- a debit card works just the same and there's no "debt" to worry about.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You can pay directly from your checking account.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Get an Amazon Visa and enjoy 3% back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top