Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2001 5:46:01 AM EDT
This story ran on page 15 of the Boston Globe on 3/31/2001.

The Samson syndrome

By Madison Shockley

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/090/oped/The_Samson_syndrome+.shtml
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/090/oped/The_Samson_syndrome+.shtml[/url]

"Let's begin by calling these school shootings exactly what they are: suicides."

[green] At least the article doesn't blame the guns.[/green]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I think if the government would bring public excecutions back from the 1800,bring a modern day caning to the U.S.A. there would not be half of what happens here.If you go over sea's,there is very little crime (exclude Africa)Why?the punnishment.If you slap a child on the hand for murder,the next child will think its O.K. because he only got a slap on the wrist.It starts a chain reaction.Look at todays youth.You cant spank,they try to run over us.If we (the 30 year olds,and older)did that as a child,well I can remember too many times gatting the holy crap beat out of me.That was just for something minor.I dont think I ever did anything major.I think I was too afraid of my parents or the punishment
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think getting smacked around once in awhile as a child did me any harm.  
I knew what was coming if I disobeyed or lied.
I also knew it was better to do as I was told and to tell the truth.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I never got hit when I was a kid yet I didn't turn out to be a harris or klebold.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I never got hit when I was a kid yet I didn't turn out to be a harris or klebold
View Quote

Maybeso, Imboglio, but did you ever do anything as a kid worth getting cracked for? I did. Got "corrected", and cleaned up my act. Also, when I was growing up "The Law" was still something to be respected, and feared. Whether "The Law" was the parents or "The Man", didn't matter. Screw with them and you paid a price. Not now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top