Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 149
Posted: 9/7/2011 12:29:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EasTexan]
I'm sitting outside, playing guitar and I'm hearing Garth Brooks playing in the woods. I'm guessing it's some rednecks working on their truck like every night. Lol. Anyways it reminded me of my creepiest encounter I ever had out in the wilderness.

I was bow fishing one night with some buddies out on Dam-b. Its a very eerie part of the state. Cypress trees covered in Spanish moss coupled with long leaf pines and mixed hardwoods. The shallow waters are great for hunting big gar. Anyways, we were about thirty miles from the nearest town and had traveled up the river by boat another 30 to get to the good spots. I tell ya, you go back in these woods and you step back in time. Untouched by man and so damn unforgiving, its no surprise. It was about 11:30 P.M. when we entered the slough. There was no sound except for the humming of the trolling motor. He had decided not to use the generator and the halogen lights but instead use some rigged handheld 500,000 spot lights so we could hunt coons as well. That's when we heard it.

I was just putting a dip in when I heard the soft sound of music. Instantly, fear and confusion set in as I looked around. My buddies heard it as well and we could only listen, looking at each other for some sort of answer. No one could be out there, it was impossible. There were no roads, no way to climb the huge, clay cliffs made by the river.... It was coming from the absolute wilderness. The tune was the most terrifying part. It was not a song anyone alive today would know. It sounded like it came from an old record player. It was scratchy and muffled with a woman's voice singing and it filled me with more adrenaline and fear than I have ever had in my whole life. I can only relate it to something from the turn of the century. By this time Jake had stopped the trolling motor and we simply sat down and continued to listen. Its like we were in a trance. We know that back country and we know that this was not right. People never would have trecked through those marshes and woods to play a joke.

Then the music simply faded away. We sat there in the dark, waiting for something to move, something to give its position away so we could put the lights on it. Whoever or whatever it was would have surely made noise in the swamp water.

Nothing. Not a sound for thirty minutes. We felt after an experience like that, it was time to go.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKCory762:
Okay ill play. This is a picture supposedly taken by one of my co workers' friends. It was caught on his game camera on his property a few weeks ago. I do not personally know the source. Still creepy though........  

<a href="http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/Cory762/media/BIGFOOT_zps779414aa.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag136/Cory762/BIGFOOT_zps779414aa.jpg</a>
View Quote

Tineye and Google image search both say it's unique.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay ill play. This is a picture supposedly taken by one of my co workers' friends. It was caught on his game camera on his property a few weeks ago. I do not personally know the source. Still creepy though........  

<a href="http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/Cory762/media/BIGFOOT_zps779414aa.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag136/Cory762/BIGFOOT_zps779414aa.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks like BisonMan!

(I just made that up)
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SeanTX:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Care to share what you've found out?
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By soldierman79:

View All Quotes

I just searched for a duplicate of that picture - to see if someone grabbed the pic somewhere then posted it up with a "look what I found'. According to Google and Tineye it is unique. Which means the only copy is the one AKCory's coworker's friend took.

All that means is AKCory's coworker's friend seems to be the only source for the picture. Doesn't mean it's an actual ManBearPig or anything.

Doesn't mean it isn't either. <dramatic music>
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

In NY?  I hope not.  I don't think 7 rounds is enough to drop that thing.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

View All Quotes

Actually looks like a bad picture of "Mama". Just throw a cabbage patch doll toward her and haul ass. Shouldn't need covering fire.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Actually looks like a bad picture of "Mama". Just throw a cabbage patch doll toward her and haul ass. Shouldn't need covering fire.
View All Quotes

Cabbage patch dolls are illegal here.

On a serious note;  I'm not necessarily calling BS on that pic, but that's probably the worst game-cam pic I've ever seen.  Don't even the cheapest shittiest game-cams have a flash or IR lighting?

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By DangerJ:
Looks like BisonMan!

(I just made that up)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DangerJ:

Looks like BisonMan!

(I just made that up)

BisonMan: shape-shifting arch-enemy of ManBearPig.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I was alittle skeptical myself, everyone at work said its a guy in a ghillie suit with a stick in his ass (whatever the pole thing is behind him) but you never know it was taken upstate cattaraugus county.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 2:29:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a guy in a ghillie suit and a mask taken by probably the shittiest chicom made game cam ever
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 2:37:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ShadowsNight:
Looks like a guy in a ghillie suit and a mask taken by probably the shittiest chicom made game cam ever
View Quote

I'm also foing with ghillie suit and mask for $500, Alex.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 2:45:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 6winchester2:

View All Quotes

It isss almost halloween too by the way a good reason to dress up and freak people out
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:47:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: walshy184] [#13]
This more less fits in since it is close to Halloween! A few of them have descriptions of going through each one. Enjoy . . . .

5 Best Haunted Houses

edit: I forgot add the link, hence I am a dumbass
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:14:18 AM EDT
[#14]
And I just finished the gristers story.  Fuck that shit.

Whoever wrote it, is a genius, pretty much perfectly profiling everyone who likes these types of stories; you like the 'feeling' you get from reading scary stories.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Ceiling grister is watching you masturbate.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GrasshopperNOmore:

View All Quotes

Whoever wrote it, is a genius, pretty much perfectly profiling everyone who likes these types of stories; you like the 'feeling' you get from reading scary stories.

I hope they like the show.  I always do my best to make it theatrical.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:
If you guys like listening to stuff, look up Coast to Coast AM's shows about Black Eyed Kids. Really creepy stuff, and they are all available on Youtube.  The Shadow People episode is good, too.
View Quote

Well that is just creepy as hell
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Bump
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Gee, and I thought you were shouting your own name just from gratification.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:10:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gas__Operated] [#19]
There is an abandoned house very near the range I go to. It looks like someone lives there, but it had been uninhabited for at least 12 years. I don't know about squatters, though. But, someone obviously owns the property and comes by to mow the grass periodically. That's probably why it looks to be inhabited.

My friend told me that a few years ago he stopped by it to take a piss, and when he was done he tried to open one of the windows. It was boarded up from the inside, so he looked through a basement window and saw what he said to be a cow. Yup, a cow just standing there, and it had scars all over its body.

I Google Earth'd the property, and the newest picture was from '05.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Gas__Operated: It was boarded up from the inside, so he looked through a basement window and saw what he said to be a cow. Yup, a cow just standing there, and it had scars all over its body.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Saw a few new posts were made, realized ive missed 3 pages    read the goatman story and now gotta try to sleep.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

I live around Huntsville and am pretty fucking sure that I should not have read that.  NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#23]
After spending a week fully reading this thread, it's time for me to contribute.

This happened about 8 years ago, and at this time I was living in an apartment building in a small town in Kentucky.  The apartment complex was not what you would call "high-class", the police were frequently on site.  I kept an HK USP 45 on my bedside table, just in case.

I had decided to watch some TV to wind down my day, I don't even remember what I was watching that night.  Eventually I started getting tired, so I turned off the TV and sat the remote control on top of my USP.  At the time I even thought to myself, "You shouldn't do that, it might make it harder to grab the gun in the middle of the night if you need it.".  However, being lazy, I didn't listen and sat it there anyway, instead of in the drawer where it belonged.  Shortly thereafter, I was sound asleep.

I awoke at a little after 0300 and was not sure what had woken me.  It was pitch black, as we did not use night lights, and had heavy curtains on the windows to block out the dreaded sunlight.  There was just enough light from the LEDs on the alarm clock to make out faint details in the room.  Feeling drowsy, I rolled over to hog some body heat from the girlfriend and froze..

The dark shape of a tall man was standing on her side of the bed, staring down at us sleeping.  From the shape, I concluded it was a tall, fairly large man with a dark wind breaker and baseball cap on.  I watch closely, looking for an indication that he knows I am awake, and not just rolling over in my sleep.  Nothing, he doesn't move.  Good.  Now to get my gun, with that damned remote control on top of it.

In a quick move, I throw the sheets aside and roll toward the bedside table.  My hand smacks onto the grip of the USP, causing the remote control to go flying across the room.  I pull the hammer back and clicked the safety off.  Using my girlfriends hip as a bench rest, I level it at the intruder and prepare open fire..

I anticipate that the intruder would have flinched at my sudden move, but he doesn't move an inch.  I'm starting to think that something is wrong with this picture, but I'm not willing to lower my guard to turn a light on.  I keep the gun leveled at him, the pad of my index finger resting on the trigger.  Suddenly, I hear a small voice from the darkness, "Please don't shoot me..".  It's the voice of my girlfriend, scared out of her mind, not sure what I'm doing but anticipating an explosion of gunfire.

Her voice snaps me out of the staring contest I'm having with the intruder, I slide away from her and reach back with one hand to turn on my bedside light while keeping the USP training on him.  The light blinks on, and I realize that the "intruder" is actually an odd fold in the curtains on the bedroom window.

I click the USP back onto safe and put it back on my table.  My girlfriend is still afraid to move, so I reassure her and explain what had happened.  Once I've finished explaining, I'm punched in the short ribs for putting her through the ordeal, and I'm ordered to pick up the broken pieces of remote control that are now all over the bedroom.

Feeling foolish, I clean up the remote control pieces while getting my heart rate back under control.  By the time I'm done, I feel more relaxed, and I slide back in to bed.  I turn out the light, snuggle up next to the girlfriend (who grumbles at my lack of sensitivity, blah blah blah), and go back to sleep.

I've got a few more stories that I'll post later.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Gas__Operated:
There is an abandoned house very near the range I go to. It looks like someone lives there, but it had been uninhabited for at least 12 years. I don't know about squatters, though. But, someone obviously owns the property and comes by to mow the grass periodically. That's probably why it looks to be inhabited.

My friend told me that a few years ago he stopped by it to take a piss, and when he was done he tried to open one of the windows. It was boarded up from the inside, so he looked through a basement window and saw what he said to be a cow. Yup, a cow just standing there, and it had scars all over its body.

I Google Earth'd the property, and the newest picture was from '05.

http://<a href=http://i.imgur.com/PSgYzKH.jpg?1</a>" />
View Quote

USGS might have more recent aerial photos of it
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By LordZizer:
 Suddenly, I hear a small voice from the darkness, "Please don't shoot me..".  It's the voice of my girlfriend, scared out of her mind, not sure what I'm doing but anticipating an explosion of gunfire.
View Quote

Is it fucked up if I laughed?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

This. Tell your friend not to use as much Vaseline on the lens next time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#27]
My friend lived in a house we all considered haunted when I was around 15 or so (41 now). Old farmhouse. Stuff would disappear from around the house and it would later be found in the fireplace. After awhile, this was the first place they looked. It would always be there. His dad's pipes, car keys, books, all sorts of stuff. It owuld be gone, and they'd look in the fireplace, and there it would be.

There was a little room upstairs, and I mean little, that his dad used for a study. It had a pull chain light in it. The light would turn itself on all the time.

His parents still live there. The light thing still happens all the time he told me, but the fireplace stuff only happens a few times a year now. They're used to it.

That's all I got.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Not my story, but my brother's. He was driving into our farm to go deer hunting a couple of years ago, it was well before daylight. He drove thru my grandparents yard and thru the gate into the woods. The woods are typical SouthWest Georgia pretty flat with occasional rolling hill/ridge. Forested thicker than a yankee plantation but it's clean on the ground due to controlled burns. We have large, 50+ year old long leaf pines and many smaller volunteer pines springing up randomly. He drove about 200 yards down our dirt road and stopped to get out and get ready. He eases out of the truck and quietly closes door and turns back to the left rear tire to take a leak. He finished and turned back to get his rifle and such out of the truck when he sees a light almost in front of the truck, at about 1-2 o'clock. It was a small light but very bright, think fenix light or mini mag light at about three feet off the ground. It was shining right at him but was too far to illuminate anything near him. He thought WTH is that and moved side to side to see if he could orientate it to anything. As he moved back and forth he was able to place trees in front of it, he reckoned that it was about 100yds away. He got a very uneasy feeling about a light that shouldn't be there and decide to go the other way and go hunting.

The next weekend he comes back and brings his wife and son. They park a little farther down to the West from the last time and all get out and start easing down a road to the South to drop off everyone in a stand. Once again it's well before daylight. My brother looks over to his right and stops, there it is again. He looks at it and it's bright and small, about three feet off the ground and sitting perfectly still like before. He asks his wife if she sees it and she replies, yes what is it? He says I don't know..  This time it is about 90 degrees West of it's position the week before. There is nothing but woods here for miles. No one would/should be on our land, and who would shine a light towards a truck that just pulled up if they were trespassing?  We have very thick slash pine behind the open woods where the light is this time. Large live oaks and hardwoods behind the light at the first location. So it couldn't be that far away or it would be too thick to be able to see. No one else was supposed to be on our land and my grandparents were no longer living there. He said it was very weird and never saw it before or since.

I just don't think a poacher would shine a light towards a vehicle that rode up to within a couple of hundred yards of you if didn't want to get busted. We don't have neighbors that come over on our land without calling us first and asking if they can come look for a wounded deer etc.. Who would be traipsing around in the woods a half and hour before first light? No roads that lead anywhere are near there, so no one could get there without a long walk.  
It just doesn't make sense.  Not very creepy, but odd nonetheless.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:43:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nameless_Hobo] [#29]
Originally Posted By Storz:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Storz:
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:
If you guys like listening to stuff, look up Coast to Coast AM's shows about Black Eyed Kids. Really creepy stuff, and they are all available on Youtube.  The Shadow People episode is good, too.

Oh yeah, it's horrifying. I've never really been creeped out, and I've been reading/involved with paranormal stuff since I was a kid, and that radio show gave me a nightmare. I am a skeptic,and I still get creeped out when I think about it.

ETA: Another good C2CAM link.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By Ciraxis:

you guys ever have weird dreams when you have a high fever?   I was really sick this week and had a dream that I was trapped in a metal box, but it wasn't smooth, the sides were made out of thousands of pistols of all sizes and they were all moving and working at various speeds.   I'd wake up, delusional from the fever then fall back asleep, still be trapped in the evil pistol box then wake up.   This went on for the whole night.   it sucked bad
View Quote

when Im sick I get weird repetitive OCD kinda dreams about trying to find something/moving stacks of boxes that never end/trying to finish a task and I keep getting interrupted?

stupid weird shit I will even wake up and fall back asleep and have the same dream continue

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:22:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hughjafj] [#31]
Ok, I have a couple scary stories to contribute but I'll do them over time until Halloween to keep this thread going.

When I was younger, there was this road in Belleville called Denton road. It was supposed to be haunted.

The story was that if you went down Denton rd. at night and stopped at this bridge and turned off your engine, you'd hear three knocks on your car.

Supposedly, on a foggy night, out on the dark country roads, some teenagers during the 1930's decided to have a race to a one lane bridge. Both cars took off towards the finish line and stayed neck and neck the whole time. As they neared the bridge, neither Model T slowed down and it now became a game of chicken.

Neither car backed down and they crashed at the bridge and one went into the crick that the bridge crossed and drowned most of the occupants that included a prominent girl from a well to do family.

An old farmer who was out checking his dairy cows heard the screams and then groans that accompanied the crash and went out with his lantern to investigate. Finding the crash and the horribly disfigured passengers of the car on the road and the drowned teenagers in the ditch he ran to his house and called the sheriff and a fire crew was dispatched.

Not that it helped much; 6  of the 8 passengers in the old model T's died, and the survivors horribly disfigured.

One of the survivors, the girl from a prominent family was said to have died in 1975 and to now haunt the bridge and knock on your car asking for help for her friends.

If you didn't open the door of your car you would be chased down and killed that night.

Anyway, with that in mind, me, my friends Phil and John and a couple girls went down old Denton rd. At the time it was a very rural area with nothing but farm fields and around the old bridge area, trees and brush right against the side of the road. Beside the few farmlights it was pitch black.

So we head to Denton rd and do the usual, we park at the bridge and turn the motor off.

Then a few minutes later we hear three loud knocks!

Of course it's just my friend John messing around.

So, after laughing we get out and check out the bridge and find the usual satanic and other graffiti typical of supposed haunted places.

After that we all pile into the car and drive off slowly towards 5 mile. As we get a few hundred yards from the bridge we see a glowing red light behind us.
It seems to waver left and right as if someone is carrying it and it slowly follows us.

When we stop, it stops, but always a hundred yards back.

Finally we get to 5 mile with this light following us all the way and at the end of the street is a streetlight hanging over the center of 5 mile and Denton. We pull off to the side to see if the light will follow us and maybe see what is causing the light.

We pull off and look back.

The light comes out to the end of the road and there is nothing but the light! It lingers for a minute or so and then it bagan to go back down the dark country road.

True story btw.

You can look on the net about Denton road in MI and the story is now about a light that follows you. It wasn't before our encounter as far as I know.

Unfortunately, the area has since been urbanised.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:29:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Some of this shit is pretty creepy...

Since I'm over here in old Europe, I travel alot. I like the history, and of course the old castles from the dark ages. Well, sometimes when I check out the old dungeons and torture chambers I feel a presence, something that I can not explain and that gives me goosebumps. Weird shit...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:27:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Some more C2C. I've got a collection of the better episodes, mostly from the Art Bell era. If you guys dig them, I'll keep posting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Krink:

when Im sick I get weird repetitive OCD kinda dreams about trying to find something/moving stacks of boxes that never end/trying to finish a task and I keep getting interrupted?
stupid weird shit I will even wake up and fall back asleep and have the same dream continue

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Krink:
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
you guys ever have weird dreams when you have a high fever?   I was really sick this week and had a dream that I was trapped in a metal box, but it wasn't smooth, the sides were made out of thousands of pistols of all sizes and they were all moving and working at various speeds.   I'd wake up, delusional from the fever then fall back asleep, still be trapped in the evil pistol box then wake up.   This went on for the whole night.   it sucked bad

I get that too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#35]

I just searched for a duplicate of that picture - to see if someone grabbed the pic somewhere then posted it up with a "look what I found'. According to Google and Tineye it is unique. Which means the only copy is the one AKCory's coworker's friend took.

All that means is AKCory's coworker's friend seems to be the only source for the picture. Doesn't mean it's an actual ManBearPig or anything.

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:47:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MongoCaver] [#36]

This is a story a friend told me, and her husband backed her up. I trust them completely.

My friend, I will call her V, opened a daycare in Oklahoma along with her sister. The building the daycare was in had been a daycare for many years and V knew and had worked for the previous owners. It was in the middle of a strip shopping center. Even though most of the customers didn’t know it, there had been several different sightings of a dark shadow man at this daycare for many years. It didn’t attack anyone, but would be seen entering or leaving the room. While V owned the daycare several strange things occurred also.

There was a front door with an electronic bell and a back door with several rooms in-between. The back door was not something that could easily be opened and slipped through. While there were not clear lines of sight, if you stepped to the doorway of most rooms you could see all the doors of the other rooms. One time while working late there one night with everyone in one room a shelf and its contents were thrown across the room in another room. Often wooden blocks would be found thrown around. There were multiple instances, and I don’t remember them all, but one stands out.

When the spirit acted up V could talk to it and it would disappear for a while. One day they had few kids in the daycare and the spirit had been acting up. V put a sheet of paper and some crayons on one of the tables and told the spirit that they were going to leave the room and asked it to draw something for them. Everybody was accounted for and they closed the door and waited. No one could get into that room without being seen by everyone else. When they went in they found simple marks on the paper.  One was almost a circle, but most were just scribbled lines.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By MongoCaver:

This is a story a friend told me, and her husband backed her up. I trust them completely.
View Quote

My friend, I will call her V, opened a daycare in Oklahoma along with her sister. The building the daycare was in had been a daycare for many years and V knew and had worked for the previous owners. It was in the middle of a strip shopping center. Even though most of the customers didn’t know it, there had been several different sightings of a dark shadow man at this daycare for many years. It didn’t attack anyone, but would be seen entering or leaving the room. While V owned the daycare several strange things occurred also.

There was a front door with an electronic bell and a back door with several rooms in-between. The back door was not something that could easily be opened and slipped through. While there were not clear lines of sight, if you stepped to the doorway of most rooms you could see all the doors of the other rooms. One time while working late there one night with everyone in one room a shelf and its contents were thrown across the room in another room. Often wooden blocks would be found thrown around. There were multiple instances, and I don’t remember them all, but one stands out.

When the spirit acted up V could talk to it and it would disappear for a while. One day they had few kids in the daycare and the spirit had been acting up. V put a sheet of paper and some crayons on one of the tables and told the spirit that they were going to leave the room and asked it to draw something for them. Everybody was accounted for and they closed the door and waited. No one could get into that room without being seen by everyone else. When they went in they found simple drawings on the paper.

Drawings of . . . what??

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By kozaki:
Drawings of . . . what??

View Quote

Sorry, that was a bit non descriptive.  I edited it to say they were just marks, one was almost a circle and the others were just scribbled lines.  It could have been a lot cooler, but I bet it is a bitch to hold a crayon when you are a spirit.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Sorry, that was a bit non descriptive.  I edited it to say they were just marks, one was almost a circle and the others were just scribbled lines.  It could have been a lot cooler, but I bet it is a bitch to hold a crayon when you are a spirit.  
View All Quotes

Drawings of . . . what??

One should NEVER ask the spirit world for ANYthing.

Ever.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:58:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kar98k] [#40]

It's close to Halloween, and this reminds me...  We used to run the local haunted fright trail.  The last year that we did it (2010) some of the older volunteers (all basically HS kids) told the newer ones typical scarey stories about the area we were in and the "strange goings on".   Mind you, this is a city park with some wooded areas and the trail was a gravel road about 1.6 miles long with "stations" along it.  Very primitive appearing but has houses on 2 sides of it, and a fire station and major road on the other 2 sides.   We had some of the kids psyche themselves so badly from the stories that they were panicking and calling (and texting) for help because they were sure that some creature was out to get them.  I personally had escort some kids back to the staging area.   The funny part to me was that here we were - a bunch of actors dressed as evil critters running around out there as part of the fright trail... and our volunteers were now so scared of the actors (and anything else that rustled the bush)  that they couldn't run their stations alone.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:24:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xXNuggettXx] [#41]
I'll share a story that happened to me. 100%, no embellishments. I apologize in advance for the length.

Before getting to the story there are a few things that I need to explain as a preface. My grandfather was born in the 20's and never knew his father. His father had ran off with another woman leaving him and his mother to fend for themselves. This would be tough on any kid but it was especially tough on my grandfather, being that it was very uncommon in the 20's and 30's, when he was growing up. Of course this had a lasting impact on my grandfather and vowed not to ever divorce his wife, no matter how bad it got.

Fast forward twenty years, my grandfather is now married with four children, my father being the oldest. My grandmother, whom I never really knew, was apparently very abusive to my grandfather. My dad will tell stories about my grandmother screaming at and hitting my grandfather (this will be important in a minute) and my grandfather doing nothing to defend himself. This same spirit of animosity by the wives towards the husbands in my family had apparently begun as early as my great-grandparents and been a curse passed down from generation to generation. This spirit, which I believed to be demonic, manifested itself in literally every relationship in my father's family. (My family, myself included, do not believe in ghosts. However, we are all strong Christians and do believe in evil spirits, I.E. demons.)

Fast forward another twenty years and I am four or five and living with my parents and brother and sister in a house owned by our extended family while we wait on our house to be built. The house only had two bedrooms and since it was temporary, my brother and I shared a bedroom, my sister had a bedroom, and my parents had converted the den into a temporary bedroom. To get a better feel for the layout of the house, when you walk into the house you walk into the living room. Down a short foyer and to the left was the den. Around the corner from the den was a long hallway with the room I shared with my brother at the end on the left and my sister's at the end on the right.

One night, with everyone asleep but my parents, I woke up and went into their "room" to ask a question. After being told to go back to bed, I rounded the corner to head back down the hallway. When I turned the corner I saw an old woman standing at the very end of the hallway facing me, in front of the two back bedrooms. I can picture her perfectly to this day. Tall, slender, gray/white hair in a 50's style bobbed haircut. She was wearing a yellow sweater, blue jeans, white tennis shoes, and large, plastic framed glasses.

When I saw her, it frightened me but not as much as it should have. I turned around and walked back to tell my dad, who of course did not believe me. He picked me up and turned the hallway to head back towards my room. When we rounded the corner again, the woman was standing all the way at the close end of the hallway, 2 or 3 feet from the corner to the den. I could see her clearly but my dad saw nothing. As I freaked out, he carried me past the woman, who calmly moved to let us pass, to my bedroom. As we walked she followed closely behind, with my staring at her over my dad's shoulder.

When he got to the door of the bedroom, he looked in and all was normal. However, I could still see the woman just over his shoulder, glaring at us. As he turned back around and carried me back to the den, the woman once again turned to let us pass. As we moved towards the den she stood stationary at the door to my bedroom. However, when we got almost to the den, she ran down the hallway towards us, screaming this awful, guttural scream. When she caught up to my dad, she began beating on his back but he still did not feel or hear anything.

As we turned the corner into the den, the woman stopped. At this point I am past panicked so my parents let me hang out with them until they were ready to go to bed. When they went to bed my dad once again carried me back towards my bedroom. But this time, the woman was nowhere to be found. We entered my bedroom and I climbed into bed. When I looked up I saw the back window was open and the blinds were blowing in the breeze.

For years after this event, I told my parents the story and they never remembered the night. They were convinced I had dreamed the whole thing. I knew I had not. I began to have reoccurring nightmares with this same woman. In each one she would attack my father in some way.

As I got older, the dreams began to fade and I was starting to convince myself that the whole incident had been a dream.

One winter night when I was 13 or 14, my dad was reading the newspaper. As he discarded sections he didn't care for, the obituary section landed face up on the floor. Who do I see on the front page? None other than the woman who I had seen that night and in each dream since. I began FREAKING out. It confirmed for me that what I had seen was not a dream at all. From that point on, my dad never doubted the story.

ETA: If anyone wants more stories I have a couple more. If this one entertained you I will tell some shorter ones.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By xXNuggettXx:

ETA: If anyone wants more stories I have a couple more. If this one entertained you I will tell some shorter ones.
View Quote

Please do!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By walshy184:
Please do!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walshy184:

Originally Posted By xXNuggettXx:

Please do!
It is almost halloween...so go for it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Sorry, that was a bit non descriptive. I edited it to say they were just marks, one was almost a circle and the others were just scribbled lines. It could have been a lot cooler, but I bet it is a bitch to hold a crayon when you are a spirit.
View All Quotes

Drawings of . . . what??

Sorry, that was a bit non descriptive. I edited it to say they were just marks, one was almost a circle and the others were just scribbled lines. It could have been a lot cooler, but I bet it is a bitch to hold a crayon when you are a spirit.

Gotcha; and thanks for filling in the blanks!

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#45]
One more short one for tonight and I'll save others for later.

After my grandmother passed away, my uncle moved in with grandfather to help take care of him. My grandfathers favorite spot was in his La-Z-Boy chair in the living room, usually watching some sporting event. One night he fell asleep watching the TV in his chair and my uncle decided to let him sleep there. He woke up several hours later with all the lights on in the room and said it was eerily quiet. As his eyes adjusted to the light, he said he saw that the room was packed with people. He estimated it at 40 or more people all crowded in his living room. Some were sitting, some were standing, but they were all staring at him and they were all deathly quiet. He said that as he looked at them looking at him it was as if they were waiting on him.

After what he claimed was four or five minutes of staring at these people in utter disbelief, they just faded away. He said as they faded, the light in the room went down to normal levels and he could again hear the TV.

I know it could have been sleep paralysis but I'm not so sure. My grandfather never exaggerated or lied. He described it as if they were waiting on him to join them.

My grandfather passed away 3 weeks later.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:49:21 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll share my two stories. Not as scary as some here, but all I have.

Both are from the same time period (2005/6/)

I was in Fallujah as a Marine Grunt in about January 2006, short story is we had taken some contact in the city, well we had this one kid named Brown, who was complaining of having nightmares of his vision going red and waking up scared to death. On at least one instance (I wasn't there), he was tail end charlie on a night patrol and stopped the patrol because he thought he saw something that he later described as "the mothman" following him. A sweep of the area didn't locate anything. Brown said he could see this figure scampering around on rooftops in his NVGs.

On Jan 7 2006, Brown was the last man on a patrol and was shot in the back of the head by a sniper and killed. Several people can testify to him having premonitions of his death.

Now, my little personal story. I have never had a super natural experience at all. This is about May of 2006. I had come home on a 72 hour leave before I left the Marines mostly to transport some guns home I had bought. My parents were in the process of moving to a new house that was under construction. They were living in an RV at an RV camp in our home town, real small place called Soddy Daisy TN. This camp is very small and is right next to a popular ghost hunter's destination called Shipley May Cemetary. Well, my father tells me an account of how one night when he was sleeping in the RV at the camp that he heard a really loud "hrummmpff" in his ear. He said it sounded like a spiritual voice and that it really shook him up. My dad never lies and would have no reason to make that up. I could tell he was very scared when he told us about it. That night, as I am laying down on the couch in the RV trying to sleep, I am absolutely terrified and over come by just an insidious sense of doom and absolute terror. I had this feeling that something was there that didn't want me there. Now, you must understand I at this time and a hardcore 22 year old combat vet out of Fallujah that has only been home for like 4 weeks. I was so scared I almost left. My little sister was working at a restaurant at the time waiting table and came home at probably 1 AM. I was so relieved to have company! I went back to Camp Lejeune and did my last two months, got discharged out and we still lived there when I got back for a few weeks. I never had a problem or bad feeling after that night. I don't know what it was but I was scared.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Bump
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Bump
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:08:04 AM EDT
[#49]
As a teenager I explored a lot of abandoned buildings/compounds at night.

As an adult I observed a lot of locations and buildings/compounds with IR/thermals. Locations I know for a fact many people died very violent deaths. Because I took part in shooting them.

Never did I see a ghost or anything paranormal. Nor did any of my bros.

I do have a few creepy stories from exploring the abandoned buildings, but they're all explainable and in no way are paranormal.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:20:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rabidus] [#50]
I teach at a high school built in the 1950s.

A teacher across the room from me has a mini office attached to her room and a door for it. A few times, students are in class and the mini office light is off, the door has slowly closed. The main door is not open nor are any windows so no breeze could have pushed it yet this door would slowly close. She also had her computer mouse cursor move around when she is teaching power points. She is not near the computer nor are any other students yet, the mouse cursor would move and the slides would shift.

The entire class witnessed this.

Teacher next to my room has been in her room early the past month, we share a door like hotels do, we each have a key that can unlock the door, but we normally keep it locked so students cannot cut through. Well, about a month ago, she was in her room at 6:30 am and she heard a desk in my room move what sounded like 4." Our rooms have sensor lights and she could see under the door that the light was off.

I got to work that day and she came to me and said was I in my room about a half hour ago? I said no and then she told me the story.

Same teacher, same room, two weeks ago this time there were 3 students in the room and they heard the door handle of the door we share wiggle from inside my room. Students heard it too, she went out to the hallway and did not see anybody there, it's impossible for someone to wiggle the handle and run off.

Even more interesting, both teachers lost their sons, one at a few months old and the other at 8.

Maybe they're playing with their Moms? They'll be reunited again one day, I'm sure of that.

I also forgot to add, a student said they came to my room last month and wiggled the handle. He looked inside and did not see anybody in the room, it was dark, he started to back up to figure out what he's going to do next then hears the handle wiggle from the inside. The teacher next to my room who saw things was not in the room yet...I showed up about 15 minutes later and I never told that student about what the teacher next door heard.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top