Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/24/2011 12:05:11 AM EDT
http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/124440464.html

A proposed low-income housing project was halted when the locals got (understandably) restless.

A little background, NB is a nice middle-to-upper class suburb of Milwaukee. Taxes are high, property values are high.

I sure as hell wouldn't want some low-class trash moving into MY neighborhood. Like some of the comments say, if you want to live here, make enough money to afford it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess I'll call in.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 1:15:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Poor is not a race.
Hood rat is not a race.  

Sure, many happen to BE of a particular race, and I find it perfectly rational not to want low-income housing built next to your nice neighborhood.  It doesn't benefit ANYONE to do that shit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 1:17:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Someday, in the natural progressive-movement progession, middle class families will be forced to allow section 8 families move in with them, and get the master bedroom because it would be racist for you to make them sleep on the couch.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 1:19:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Poor is not a race.

Hood rat is not a race.  

Sure, many happen to BE of a particular race, and I find it perfectly rational not to want low-income housing built next to your nice neighborhood.  It doesn't benefit ANYONE to do that shit.

It benefits the hoodrats. Nice neighborhoods are target rich environments to them.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 1:30:21 AM EDT
[#5]
They need to build the low income housing in the rich neighborhoods, how else are those poor kids going to get to go the good schools supported by someone else's tax money?
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 1:32:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Fuck this shit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I can finally move into a rich neighborhood
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 1:40:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Poor is not a race.
Hood rat is not a race.  

This. The prosecutors are the racists here, by assuming that these poor people = black people.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 1:55:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Poor is not a race.

Hood rat is not a race.  

This. The prosecutors are the racists here, by assuming that these poor people = black people.

Not surprising coming from the party of Robert Byrd.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 2:01:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poor is not a race.
Hood rat is not a race.  

Actually, the judicial reasoning they're using is probably that "a disproportionate number of indigent persons are of minority status and hence discrimination against indigent persons is by consequence an act of racial discrimination, if not by primary intention then most definitely by result."

See, if you were to say that most criminals are black or hispanic you'd be called a racist. However federal prosecutors can claim that being poor = being black or hispanic and SUE YOU FOR RACISM.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 2:05:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Someday, in the natural progressive-movement progession, middle class families will be forced to allow section 8 families move in with them, and get the master bedroom because it would be racist for you to make them sleep on the couch.

Why not?  We're already paying for their shelter, food, clothing, healthcare, etc.  Actually having them as roommates is the obvious next step.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 2:18:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Happened here.You guys need to look at the bright side.The price of drugs goes down and availability goes up
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 2:26:09 AM EDT
[#13]
pretty soon I'm gonna flip the fuck out
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 2:31:14 AM EDT
[#14]
And adding to the upbeat tone of this thread . . . .

Did you hear? It was announced yesterday (or, at least I HEARD it yesterday!) that for the first time, white babies born in the US are the MINORITY! And that's NOT a combined figure. More blacks are being born in the US than whites. More Hispanics, more Asians . . . etc, etc. "We" are being bred out of the population!

Sure makes one confident of a bright, prosperous future for the country - huh?

(I don't subscribe to the view that such a statement is, in itself, racist! If it's true that a higher proportion of "poor" are black, Hispanic . . . whatever, it's only logical to conclude having MORE of them in society is NOT a good thing! No?)

Disagree? Too fuckin' bad!
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 2:38:16 AM EDT
[#15]
They've been beating the "affordable housing" drum here for years. A whole bunch of section 8 complexes went up as a result.

One village of 2500 people beat off a similar section 8 complex of hundreds of units that would have forever changed the charecter of the place, and you should have heard the howls of "racism!" afterwards.....
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 2:47:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They've been beating the "affordable housing" drum here for years. A whole bunch of section 8 complexes went up as a result.

One village of 2500 people beat off a similar section 8 complex of hundreds of units that would have forever changed the charecter of the place, and you should have heard the howls of "racism!" afterwards.....

Not to insult you, but you are one of our more liberal posters here. How did you feel about that if I may ask?
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 3:16:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not to insult you, but you are one of our more liberal posters here. How did you feel about that if I may ask?

You think I'm a liberal? Thats YOUR label for me.

I think your meter needs calibration and you need to look around and notice the political spectrum that posts here.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 3:19:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Poor is not a race.
Hood rat is not a race.  

But it sure goes a long way towards fulfilling the Dems goals.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 3:22:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think I'm a liberal? Thats YOUR label for me.

I think your meter needs calibration and you need to look around and notice the political spectrum that posts here.

Not a liberal maybe, but farther to the left than most here. Again, just curious on your thoughts from when it happened in your town?

How about this, you are not an extreme right wing nut like me
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 3:32:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not a liberal maybe, but farther to the left than most here. Again, just curious on your thoughts from when it happened in your town?

There are a TON of varied political spectrums here that I think you're missing.

I already posted that it already happened in my town. They promoted these complexes as being for "working class" people. The buses had ads on the side that said they'd be for nurses, firemen, cops, etc...people that they said deserved 'affordable housing". Once they were built and opened, it came out that the income limits on applicants meant that anyone who made more than minimum wage made too much to live there. They are also built in places with some of the best views in a county where "viewsheds" are taken into consideration on your homes assessed value.

I wasn't in favor of any of these complexes when they were built. The county seat is currently moving forward with plans to take the last developable section of the city and build an entire low income community that will supposidly be fixed as low cost housing. There are already parts of that city with that sort of housing, and they aren't the good parts of town. The PD spends a ton of time in those areas, but was very happy to see so many residents in those areas of town move out into the county where we have to deal with them now. Problem being is that they had 3 x the number of officers on shift and could afford to throw manpower at those parts of town. We've seen the number of calls for service in the parts of the county with the new complexes go up significantly. Meanwhile the county politicians are back to their old mantra that they can do away with county law enforcement and give the state all law enforcement road patrol duties. They see that was a way to throw more money at social programs. They are nuts.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 3:45:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Fair enough. Thanks for your thoughts. The first house I bought was beside a federal low income housing project. I was very leary of buying there until I went and talked with a few people in the neighborhood and found out they were NO trouble. I lived there about 13 years and the grass was always cut, the cops were not there 24/7, no noise, etc. That said I am against subsidized housing, people should live where they can afford and taxpayers should not have to pay for your failures in life.

On the other end of town though, there are a few state housing projects. That there is the ghetto and its nothing to drive by and see someone being held at gunpoint by one of the cities finest
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 4:25:54 AM EDT
[#22]

i'd like to know the voting patterns of those locals before i decide if i care about this or not.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Keep the rabble in the inner city where they belong.  There's no reason to import them in nice areas.  Doesn't matter what color they are; poor is poor, and hell tends to follow in their wake.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 4:41:29 AM EDT
[#24]
All housing is "affordable".

Gov't just gets upset when it isn't "affordable" to the kinds of people they want to see receive goodies.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 4:45:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Keep the rabble in the inner city where they belong. There's no reason to import them in nice areas. Doesn't matter what color they are; poor is poor, and hell tends to follow in their wake.

Let the local cops deliver hickory shampoo to undesirables again then. Hell, I'd personally buy my entire towns police force new PR-24 if they'd start beating our 'guests' from Detroit...

Barring that, the days of 'good neighborhood/bad neighborhood' are going to come to an end, as they are in many parts of America.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 4:45:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

i'd like to know the voting patterns of those locals before i decide if i care about this or not.

From the Wiki:
Politics
Waukesha County is recognized nationally as one of the Republican Party's most solid urban strongholds.[citation needed] In 2008, John McCain carried the county by a 25.7% margin over Barack Obama, when Obama won Wisconsin by 13.9% over McCain.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 4:46:00 AM EDT
[#27]
The comments at the link are all extremely liberal. I suspect they are deleting anything against the proposed housing project.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 4:47:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Poor is not a race.
Hood rat is not a race.  

Sure, many happen to BE of a particular race, and I find it perfectly rational not to want low-income housing built next to your nice neighborhood. It doesn't benefit ANYONE to do that shit.

but the burglaries and home invasions, and drug sales to kids , and adults alike will be more profitable.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Fuck subsidized housing! I'm going to one of our job sites today that is subsidized housing in the middle of Long Beach, Ca. I can't wait to see how shitty this project looks since the 1st phase is only 8 months old and the 3rd phase is 3 weeks old. I bet you it's trashed to shit. I'll try and get some pictures.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter what color they are; poor is poor, and hell tends to follow in their wake.

This

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 5:03:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck subsidized housing! I'm going to one of our job sites today that is subsidized housing in the middle of Long Beach, Ca. I can't wait to see how shitty this project looks since the 1st phase is only 8 months old and the 3rd phase is 3 weeks old. I bet you it's trashed to shit. I'll try and get some pictures.

The complexes I mentioned earlier look decent enough from the outside because whatever management company they have is keeping stuff fixed up. Once you get inside the apartments though,,,another issue completely.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 5:11:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Social Engineering FTW!
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Trash attracts scavengers.    Low income housing attracts low income types.

If I had anything to do with it,  the zoning in the county I live in would uniformly demand that all single family residences be built on minimum

1/4 acre lots.    And there would be no high density housing AT ALL.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 5:54:37 AM EDT
[#34]
All this because people get drunk and screw too much. The for the children angle doesn't work on me anymore. All I see is crotch fruit. Nasty people and their crotch fruit should live in shanty towns like third worlders, since they act like third worlders.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 5:55:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If I had anything to do with it,  the zoning in the county I live in would uniformly demand that all single family residences be built on minimum
1/4 acre lots.    And there would be no high density housing AT ALL.

You'll never get that passed. Some people prefer a communal style of living. We have this place called Ecovillage here that wouldn't fly under your restrictions. Not welfare bums by any means ( esp given the costs of their crappy housing units )  , but the style of living is one they term more of a European thing, with co-located homes and a lot of open space thats left undeveloped. Harmless enough except for their effects on the local political scene.

http://ecovillageithaca.org/evi/
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 5:56:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Section 8 invading nice neighborhoods at taxpayer expense isn't all that much different than British soldiers demanding free room and board in 1765
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Yeah, I live in a town that has $1m homes two blocks from Section 8 housing.

We get lots of thefts, car break ins, etc. in the nice areas.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Social Engineering FTW!

Yeah, thats their grand plan. Oh we'll get rid of inner-city ghettos and projects by moving the poor down trodden to the burbs and more "opportunity". When the ground truth is they just create a bunch of little ghettos and spread the anti-social ingrained criminal behavior out into the burbs, then cry when the evil "white flight" occurs.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:00:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Poor is not a race.

Hood rat is not a race.  

It benefits the hoodrats. Nice neighborhoods are target rich environments to them.

The hood rats create quite a nice target rich environment also if they try to target me

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:01:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well, that certainly was an accomplishment. Did they at least wash their hands between turns?
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:04:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Social Engineering FTW!

Done by moron libs, about as well as they could build a bridge.

TXL
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:07:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I sure as hell wouldn't want some low-class trash moving into MY neighborhood. Like some of the comments say, if you want to live here, make enough money to afford it.

Here is the current government view on that thinking, you are a racist and want to deny low income people the same oppertunties that you have to be safe, get a good education, live in a nice house, and get good job.  See the thing that will fix the entire class structure is simply oppertunity.  If you let the low life, poor kids, with no values, morals or drive move into your neighborhood, interact with your kids, attend their schools, then they will magically excel.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Social Engineering FTW!

Yeah, thats their grand plan. Oh we'll get rid of inner-city ghettos and projects by moving the poor down trodden to the burbs and more "opportunity". When the ground truth is they just create a bunch of little ghettos and spread the anti-social ingrained criminal behavior out into the burbs, then cry when the evil "white flight" occurs.

Same thing when they began 'bussing' in the 70s.  The moral goal/imperative was to give poor kids a chance to enjoy the fruits of the rich kids' parents.

The actual intent was forced integration at the grade school level.  I started school after the big fights of the early 70s.  I never saw the racial problems of the kids that were a few years older than me.

It was not until I was older that I understood the destruction of the educational system that occurred as a result of these idiotic, unnatural, goals.

Schools, prior to the forced integration, were community based.  Kids saw their teachers in the local grocery store, the shopping centers, the parks.  After bussing them tens of miles away, it removed the social connections between parents and teachers.

The same result is garnered from Section 8 housing.  

TRG
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:16:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Reminds me of the neighbor who was the "hardcore" liberal.   Govt' needs to do this help with that.  But when a house 2 doors down from his was going to be  rezoned as a residence for physically imparied care he went off.  What a dick.  

Typical liberal that I run into talk the talk but when it comes down to him sacraficing screams like a little bit**
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Social Engineering FTW!

Poverty distribution.

Got to "spread it around."
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Poor is not a race.
Hood rat is not a race.  

Parasites always seek to attach themselves to the fattest, healthiest host available.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

A proposed low-income housing project was halted when the locals got (understandably) restless.
A little background, NB is a nice middle-to-upper class suburb of Milwaukee. Taxes are high, property values are high.I sure as hell wouldn't want some low-class trash moving into MY neighborhood. Like some of the comments say, if you want to live here, make enough money to afford it.

It is not like the Section 8's are going to be paying any of those high property taxes.

Parasites always seek to attach themselves to the fattest, healthiest host available.

Haven't you heard the quotes from POTUS and Barney Frank to the effect that, if someone wants a house, you should not deny them just because they can't afford to buy it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't matter what color they are; poor is poor, and hell tends to follow in their wake.

This

And the reason for that is, in America, you have to work really hard and make many wrong decisions and screw up "second" and "third" chances to be poor in America.

No one in their right mind immigrates to America to be poor.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Well, that certainly was an accomplishment. Did they at least wash their hands between turns?

Your mind is in the gutter.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A little background, NB is a nice middle-to-upper class suburb of Milwaukee. Taxes are high, property values are high.I sure as hell wouldn't want some low-class trash moving into MY neighborhood. Like some of the comments say, if you want to live here, make enough money to afford it.

It is not like the Section 8's are going to be paying any of those high property taxes.

Haven't you heard the quotes from POTUS and Barney Frank to the effect that, if someone wants a house, you should not deny them just because they can't afford to buy it.

Don't be a hater man....EVERYONE (Regardless of income) DESERVES to own their own home (!)...."American dream" and all that....duh!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top