Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/12/2011 6:47:34 AM EDT

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Please fix the stock immediately.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#2]
With the upgrades and all those mags, yes, you did good.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:52:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Not too shabby. That stock in an abortion and needs to be remedied.

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:52:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Ummm, no.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:54:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This....

Be prepared for the AK purists to hate on you for having "AR" parts on your rifle...
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:57:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually, I wouldn't mind a set of OD green furniture for it with a fixed stock. Anyone got a source?
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Not bad.

20 mags X $10 - $200
rail - $25
m4 stock - $50

You got a Saiga for about $500. I wouldn't complain unless the barrel is trashed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:59:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Actually, I wouldn't mind a set of OD green furniture for it with a fixed stock. Anyone got a source?

Tapco?
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+1

First post and all...
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16216&cat=251&page=1

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tapco?

Anyone have that "Ban Him" pic handy?
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:03:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#16]

What brand of stock is it, btw?
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#17]
An Arsenal converted Saiga goes for about $800 new, you did well with all the mags.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:06:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Not bad.

20 mags X $10 - $200

rail - $25

m4 stock - $50

You got a Saiga for about $500. I wouldn't complain unless the barrel is trashed.

Gun has barely been shot. He also threw in 300 rounds of 5.45, and a few hundred rounds of 9mm self defense ammo.

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It's a Vltor stock. It's got these two sweet little hollow tubes on the side. I guess that's for beef jerkey storage or something.

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Original stock is needed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:16:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like a decent deal. Definately no room for you to complain.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's for a milled receiver. I think this one is stamped. How do I tell the difference?

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll be the dissenter: Check someone else's factory stock first. I find the original stock to be of good length but it totally digs into my shoulder in a way that AR stocks don't.

I think you did very well and would not change anything.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I got mine for $239.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:20:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep...easy $200 in mags and another $200 in SOPMOD (if it is a SOPMOD) that you should put on an AR...immediately.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Did you get a sex dildo included for that price?

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's for a milled receiver. I think this one is stamped. How do I tell the difference?

Yeah, I didn't check that part

You have a stamped receiver AK.  Look at the mag dimples.

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Did you get a sex dildo included for that price?

Kharn

No. Should I have held out for one? Is there any such thing as a non-sex dildo?

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#31]

IM sent
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Wouldn't say you did bad. But its not my cup of tea, so I wouldn't have done it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

First post and all...

Oh please, the fixed OEM stock on an AK is nearly worthless. The Vltor tube and stock makes it a lot more adaptable.

Of course, this site is full of idiots who think KISS rifles are a great idea, and that accessories that make the gun more effective are "extra junk".

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:49:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Oh please, the fixed OEM stock on an AK is nearly worthless. The Vltor tube and stock makes it a lot more adaptable.

Of course, this site is full of idiots who think KISS rifles are a great idea, and that accessories that make the gun more effective are "extra junk".

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

KVAR.  Actually, I do like the SAW grip on my SLR 106 FR.  But as mentioned above, that stock does not belong on that rifle.  

$800 for a converted Saiga seems rather high to me.  You do get a lot of mags with it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Quoted:

this. K-var is the shizzle.

ETA:

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

First post and all...

Nearly worthless?

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a Vltor stock. It's got these two sweet little hollow tubes on the side. I guess that's for beef jerkey storage or something.

Well duh, the jerky storage compartments (JSC's) were added at SOCOM's request. Where else were the SEALs going to keep their jerky? SEALs always have the best jerky...
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Not too shabby. That stock in an abortion and needs to be remedied.

this
remove that fugly stock right now.
sell it and buy ammo with the proffit
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 8:02:03 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

First post and all...

Nearly worthless?

It's narrow, too short, hollow plastic, and has a metal buttplate. Sounds like a great design.

It's not COMPLETELY worthless, but it wasn't designed with utility in mind. It was designed to save money.

The Vltor stock is so much better, there is practically no comparison.

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

First post and all...

Nearly worthless?

It's narrow, too short, hollow plastic, and has a metal buttplate. Sounds like a great design.

It's not COMPLETELY worthless, but it wasn't designed with utility in mind. It was designed to save money.

Please, continue.

I'm not a big guy so I don't get the "too short" complaints.  Even so, get a Warsaw pact length stock and call it a day.

Hollow plastic?  So?  What else should it do?

Metal buttplate?  OH NO.

Narrow? OH NO!

Now if we were talking about bone-stock AK sights we might have a viable complaint.  But these complaints about the buttstock? rofl.  I've never had any of those complaints with my AKs in the tens of thousands of rounds I've put through them.

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

First post and all...

Nearly worthless?

Please, continue.

I'm not a big guy so I don't get the "too short" complaints.  Even so, get a Warsaw pact length stock and call it a day.

Hollow plastic?  So?  What else should it do?

Metal buttplate?  OH NO.

Narrow? OH NO!

Now if we were talking about bone-stock AK sights we might have a viable complaint.  But these complaints about the buttstock? rofl.  I've never had any of those complaints with my AKs in the tens of thousands of rounds I've put through them.

The AK has a lot of great features, but the furniture was never one of them. Narrow stock + metal buttplate = uncomfortable. This is not a new problem.

There are certain features the AK needs to bring it up to the standards of a modern fighting carbine. There's nothing wrong with that. What's irritating are the fanboys who insist the decades old design is perfect, and scream bloody murder when you change something.

I love 1911s, but the recent changes that have been made to the original are great.

-extended beavertail/grip safety

-checkering

-grips

-night sights

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Jesus Christ.

he just bought the gun, he didn't build the fucking thing from scratch.

To answer the question that was asked before all the turd-to-noise ratio occurred.....yes you got a deal on a good rifle. One of the better AK's you can buy now.

Whether he keeps the stock on the gun or not, it is worth about $200, with about $200 in mags....and it is a factory SGL rifle that goes for about $800 new.

So the answer to the question posed is indeed, yes.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Please, continue.

Thank you, I will.

For the average shooter, the stock on an AK is fine, albeit simple.

For what the rifle is designed for, military use, its archaic.

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#46]
I would not give half that for an AK, but if you're happy, thats all that matters...
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

First post and all...

Wonders if your serious...

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#48]
I would have been happy with that deal.

And as far as the stock discussion - mine has a fucking wire folder on it.

It's all metal, and skinny and shit... works just fine.

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

First post and all...

Wonders if your serious...

Wonder if my serious what?

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Great deal on a great rifle. As an owner of a triangle stocked Bulgarian AK74, having the AR butt stock on there looks strange to me. In reality, the AK's really do need an adjustable butt stock and the stock being used on there is one of the better ones. so I would just leave it on and shoot it that way. Be sure to use lots of hot soapy water when you scrub it down after shooting, and make sure you get the muzzle brake and the gas tube.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top