Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/13/2011 5:09:41 PM EDT
What do you get when you cross a loaded semi with a $2,000,000 logging truck driven by an East Indian who's spending his first year working the oil patch driving on ice roads in the-middle-of-fucking-nowhere oilsands Alberta?

You get a fucking mash-up!  

This happened about 2:30 this afternoon.  

The tools on the back of that 1-ton are worth $2 million and change, but they didn't think there was any damage to them.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Buff out, that won't.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Those idiots from east Indiana are always doing stuff like that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#3]
silly ford...you wont fit under there
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#4]
hopefully he did not hurt him self - his pride perhaps

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
at least he didn't run anyone over
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#6]
What am I looking at in the back of that pickup that are worth 2 million plus?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#7]
whats it like up there north of mcmurray, weather, any other concerns?

we have to go up to the CNR horizon oil sand refinery that blew up next week

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Looks like downhole logging tools.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#9]

That's going to take a professional buffing machine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All I can tell from my monitor they look like perf gun tubes. Not saying thats what they are or not, but damn if I ever seen Halliburton or Horizontal running around with the expensive shit just hanging out on the back of a pickup.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Driver
Returns
On
Foot

Sorry, it just fits!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, if I were carrying 2 million in the bed of my truck, I think I would secure it better than that. At least on lumber racks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

All I can tell from my monitor they look like perf gun tubes. Not saying thats what they are or not, but damn if I ever seen Halliburton or Horizontal running around with the expensive shit just hanging out on the back of a pickup.

You're probably right. Unless perhaps they were just moving them a (very) short distance.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

they are well logging tools, logging tools are $$$ high dollar $$$

perf guns have a spiral set of holes for the explosives and it doesn't look like a lubricator either.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Well, if I were carrying 2 million in the bed of my truck, I think I would secure it better than that. At least on lumber racks.

That's how they always carry them no matter the distance.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Sucks to be you.  

All I have to say is FUCK FORT MCMURRAY.

Why people live in this city, I'll never understand.  Mobile homes go for $400K, traffic is fucked, there is construction everywhere.  Oh, and watch out for the bums that threaten to stab you with a used needle full of AIDS blood....Yeah, stay classy Fort Mac bums.

I'm not kidding when I say this, but Fort McMurray is the asshole of Alberta.  Unfortunately, it's also where all of the $$$$ is too....

Expect 32 degree weather during the day and just below freezing at night.  No major other concerns, really, just bring lot's of pain killer because your going to need it.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

They drop those tubes downhole to measure things like porosity, permeability, oil, radiation, water content, electrical activity, hole size, etc...

It's big money stuff, even for the oil patch.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

they are well logging tools, logging tools are $$$ high dollar $$$

perf guns have a spiral set of holes for the explosives and it doesn't look like a lubricator either.

Hmmm.....

Down here in America, most of our trees grow up on the surface, not down in wells.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Baker Atlas?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sucks to be you.  

Why people live in this city, I'll never understand.  Mobile homes go for $400K, traffic is fucked, there is construction everywhere.  Oh, and watch out for the bums that threaten to stab you with a used needle full of AIDS blood....Yeah, stay classy Fort Mac bums.

I'm not kidding when I say this, but Fort McMurray is the asshole of Alberta.  Unfortunately, it's also where all of the $$$$ is too....

Expect 32 degree weather during the day and just below freezing at night.  No major other concerns, really, just bring lot's of pain killer because your going to need it.

a big bottle of 222's?

I knew someone who grew up in Ft McMurray, he said that mcdonalds started at $15/hr (this was early 2000's).
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Potato gun?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#22]
So....what do you care, it's not your shit.
It is not like the line truck got hit.
Bet the rig crew (which you are not part of) laughed...
"Yay, smoke break!"
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sucks to be you.  

a big bottle of 222's?  

I knew someone who grew up in Ft McMurray, he said that mcdonalds started at $15/hr (this was early 2000's).

The "minimum wage" in this city is like $20/hour.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

So....what do you care, it's not your shit.

It is not like the line truck got hit.

Bet the rig crew (which you are not part of) laughed...

"Yay, smoke break!"

Cool.  Thanks for coming out.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#25]
More giggles and hijinks from America's hat ..................... whoops, stole somebody's thunder there.

Give that truck driver a break, he's probably used to Surrey B.C. where all he has to worry about crushing is rusty Dodge Neons and the odd Senior in a Buick.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

More giggles and hijinks from America's hat ..................... whoops, stole somebody's thunder there.

Give that truck driver a break, he's probably used to Surrey B.C. where all he has to worry about crushing is rusty Dodge Neons and the odd Senior in a Buick.

I never got the whole "America's hat" thing.  Hats are useful.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#27]
So, in that picture.....  Pickup $$$>Semi-truck $$$?

That's messed up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They drop those tubes downhole to measure things like porosity, permeability, oil, radiation, water content, electrical activity, hole size, etc...

No trolling... serious... cause i just dont understand.

How are those things worth 2 million?  what are they made of?  how do they work?  i mean, even if you send me a link to the manufactures web site, that would be OK too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#29]
How can an East Indian get a job in Canada? They seem to be very restrictive in who they let work up there.  My brother tryed landing a job up there as a timber faller and there seemed to be a bunch of impossible hoops to jump through.

I work in NDT and would love to work up there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How are those things worth 2 million? what are they made of? how do they work? i mean, even if you send me a link to the manufactures web site, that would be OK too.

All I can tell you about wireline is their shit is radioactive, they got the most comfortable chairs and the biggest LCD's on the locations.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How are those things worth 2 million?  what are they made of?  how do they work?  i mean, even if you send me a link to the manufactures web site, that would be OK too.
http://www.sondex.com/products/drilling/drilling_measurements/index.php

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never got the whole "America's hat" thing.  Hats are useful.

yeah i thought it should be like Canada, Americas cowlick

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd say the Ford is gonna track a little sideways now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Ouch. That won't buff out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#35]
no air bags?  must be a ferd.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Whoa,dude.......I resemble that!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone who has seen IRT Deadliest Roads in India knows about Indian drivers...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How can an East Indian get a job in Canada? They seem to be very restrictive in who they let work up there.  My brother tryed landing a job up there as a timber faller and there seemed to be a bunch of impossible hoops to jump through.

How do Somalis that can't read get the green cards to drive taxicabs in Washington DC, and tell passengers they need directions from to go where they want to go?

And don't say diversity lottery - you must have finished high school for that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Crunch!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Rear wheel steering...

.... I didn't know Ford offered that
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Never been to Surrey eh?

From my time living there I would say 90% of the people you visibly see in the city are East Indian...

Wikipedia disagrees with my observations:

The predominant religion in Surrey is Christianity. More than 60% of people in Surrey are Christian. The next largest religious group of people in Surrey are Sikh. There are approximately 19.2% Sikhs in Surrey, with the majority being in the Newton area of Surrey which is home to nearly 50,000 Sikhs.

As of 2006, the population of Surrey is 394,976, a 13.6% increase from 2001. The non-minorities population is 211,445, or 53.9% of the city's population. The foreign-born population is 150,235, constituting 30.3% of the city's population. Visible minorities number 181,005, or 46.1% of the population, while Aboriginal people constitute 1.9% of the population.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrey,_British_Columbia#cite_note-StatCan-3][4][/url]

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Wtf happened to the rear axle?  It seems displaced, but not sure why.

I'm digging all the oilpatch threads lately.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never been to Surrey eh?  

From my time living there I would say 90% of the people you visibly see in the city are East Indian...

Surrey is full-blown East Indian depressed, colored minority.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sucks to be you.  

Expect 32 degree weather during the day and just below freezing at night.
 No major other concerns, really, just bring lot's of pain killer because your going to need it.

We speak Farenheit here.  32 is freezing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#45]
It could be worse. Over in ND, Sanjel blew up a well and it burnt 10 of their high pressure fraking trucks.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-regional/article_5311841c-49d9-11e0-a074-001cc4c03286.html
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:00:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Canadian dollars?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That they are.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Pickup has all wheel steering now...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

well logging tools, like density and porosity would be my guess
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top