[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

If QI was stripped, LE would stop.

Don't want drug raids and swat teams. Shut the funding down for those areas. The budget is 100% controled by the politicans.

I don't "not want" SWAT teams and drug raids. I want them done more carefully, less cavalierly, less frequently - and by fewer and better trained people. It seems like every bumblefuck agency has some sort of HSLD team now, but most don' t have the resources to do it right.

If you make fuck ups hurt more, people fuck up less. It's the basic concept of deterence and the main purpose of tort law (and criminal law for that matter).

The above addresses your issues.

Not really. Politicians don't control operational planning, SOPs, policies for when and how SWAT gets used, and things at that level of detail. They just decide whether to fund the team and how much to give them.

All of that costs money, which the politicians ultimately control.

Politicians also control who gets promoted to positions in the command structure, whether you believe it or not, those people make the decisions, formulate SOPs and policies.  Those same people are politically "protected" class, and will let shit roll down hill in a heartbeat, rather than be leaders and take responsibility.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just remember, the next ND could be another officer, a family member, etc..

You want to hear something really messed up?

There is an idea out there that "professionals" don't have accidents. I know of more than one team in law enforcement that operates with muzzles high in a stack (meaning that your muzzle is up rather than down...which puts the barrel in line with the base of the skull of the man in front of you) frequently with safeties off.

Why?

Well, because somebody somewhere got the idea that was the high-speed way to do things and since then it's become THE way that a "professional" handles their weapon...and if you have any objections to a guy's weapon pointing at the base of your skull with the safety off then by-gum you aren't professional enough to be on that team. Being a "professional" means that your teammates are going to point guns at you, apparently...so get used to it.

I kid you not.

There is some seriously goofy shit out there masquerading as an SOP for "professionals".

I'm sure it's the politicians' fault. Their Board of Supervisors probably took time away from approving land developments and budgets to dictate that the police department run its stack with shoulder weapons muzzle up and off safe.

Sort of yes...........they appointed the people in command, and the best guy, or most competent guy doesn't always get picked = good ole' boy system/friends and family plan.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is an idea out there that "professionals" don't have accidents. I know of more than one team in law enforcement that operates with muzzles high in a stack (meaning that your muzzle is up rather than down...which puts the barrel in line with the base of the skull of the man in front of you) frequently with safeties off.

Why?

Well, because somebody somewhere got the idea that was the high-speed way to do things and since then it's become THE way that a "professional" handles their weapon...and if you have any objections to a guy's weapon pointing at the base of your skull with the safety off then by-gum you aren't professional enough to be on that team. Being a "professional" means that your teammates are going to point guns at you, apparently...so get used to it.

I kid you not.

There is some seriously goofy shit out there masquerading as an SOP for "professionals".

I'm sure it's the politicians' fault. Their Board of Supervisors probably took time away from approving land developments and budgets to dictate that the police department run its stack with shoulder weapons muzzle up and off safe.

Sort of yes...........they appointed the people in command, and the best guy, or most competent guy doesn't always get picked = good ole' boy system/friends and family plan.

This just demonstrates further the incredible mental gymnastics some people will go through to blame others for their own fuck ups.

Right. It wasn't the cop's fault for clearly fucking up. It was the corrupt system that put the political cronie in as chief, who put the wrong guy in charge of the team, who allowed him to let his gun hang off safe.

What the fuck ever happened to personal responsibility?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Politicians also control who gets promoted to positions in the command structure, whether you believe it or not, those people make the decisions, formulate SOPs and policies.  Those same people are politically "protected" class, and will let shit roll down hill in a heartbeat, rather than be leaders and take responsibility.

If LEA certification bodies were worth the paper their "cert' is printed on, they would yank accreditation from any agency that had SOPs allowing for off safe weapons-muzzle up-in a stack and departments that keep officers that negligently kill granpa proned out.  If there are states that allow LEAs to operate without state or national accreditation they should be pressured at the state house level for such. But mostly those (accrediting) entities exist for their own purposes, and are useless outside the average everyday police work standards.

Municipal and County politicians aren't effectively watching or caring until it's time to put out the fires and cover up the mess.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I kid you not.

This just demonstrates further the incredible mental gymnastics some people will go through to blame others for their own fuck ups.

Right. It wasn't the cop's fault for clearly fucking up. It was the corrupt system that put the political cronie in as chief, who put the wrong guy in charge of the team, who allowed him to let his gun hang off safe.

You make valid points.........

I'm just trying to give you an understanding of what goes on in a lot of departments, and a lot of fuck ups can be because of a direct result of training, or inadequate, improper or lack of training....because of lousy leadership....and that is where it starts, the rest spreads like cancer.

I have seen some agencies where you need to be one of the department ball-washers to even get selected for the team: No try-outs, no standards, etc.......just the buddy system.  Some agencies pervert the very meaning of "professional".

So....I am not surprised what I see sometimes from "other" agencies ...........and it isn't always the small ones. Some of the most qualified, professional, and well trained teams I have seen came from 50 man departments............I've seen some really shit teams come from 1000 man agencies.

Don't get me wrong, even the best of the best CAN have an accident.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If LEA certification bodies were worth the paper their "cert' is printed on, they would yank accreditation from any agency that had SOPs allowing for off safe weapons-muzzle up-in a stack and departments that keep officers that negligently kill granpa proned out.  If there are states that allow LEAs to operate without state or national accreditation they should be pressured at the state house level for such. But mostly those (accrediting) entities exist for their own purposes, and are useless outside the average everyday police work standards. Accreditation isn't worth the paper it's printed on.....it is just a "feel" good report card.

Municipal and County politicians aren't effectively watching or caring until it's time to put out the fires and cover up the mess.
 Politicians don't give a fuck, they have the option to pass the buck to save their own asses

Understand here: I'm not, nor have I, condoned what happened here........... a lot of what both yourself and dbrowne have said are very valid, and very good points, and I do agree with.  I'm just trying to paint the bigger picture of where some of the failure in SOPs and training doctrine stem from.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think it's so much an excuse as an explanation.

How does a PD not know that running around with off-safe long guns as a default position is a stupid idea? Lots of reasons. Lack of experience, training entirely within the bubble of their own department or the influence of bad training, complete lack of familiarity with firearms and how to use them in the real world (which isn't taught on B27 targets), internal politics, personality problems, etc.

There are lots of reasons why PD's do goofy things (including my bubble theory) but ultimately if your bullet ends up going through somebody else's heart, you are the one who has to live with it. Whether you're sued or not, fired or not, removed from the team or not...you're still going to have to live with having killed someone that didn't deserve it.

I'd rather take a bullet myself than have the ME dig one of my bullets out of an innocent.

Ultimately the practice, goofy as it is, will continue until the people that hold influential positions get replaced with somebody who has their shit dialed in, or until something like this happens to them. Why will it take something tragic and completely preventable to get them to reconsider? Because of the self-licking ice cream cone effect of considering ones-self "elite". While it's certainly not true of all SWAT teams or officers on them, it is possible for some SWAT guys to think of themselves as super studs with a full command of what life on the razor's edge is like. What happens to others won't happen to them, because only inferior specimens have problems....hence the comments about "professionals" earlier.

They're really convinced that somehow they're too awesome to have a problem.

Well said.

Being a type A personality that is humble is one of the best attributes of a SWAT cop = Hot heads need not apply  Unfortunately many become cocky or get selected because their team leader/commander is cocky = Bad Ju Ju.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If LEA certification bodies were worth the paper their "cert' is printed on, they would yank accreditation from any agency that had SOPs allowing for off safe weapons-muzzle up-in a stack and departments that keep officers that negligently kill granpa proned out.  If there are states that allow LEAs to operate without state or national accreditation they should be pressured at the state house level for such. But mostly those (accrediting) entities exist for their own purposes, and are useless outside the average everyday police work standards. Accreditation isn't worth the paper it's printed on.....it is just a "feel" good report card.

Politicians don't give a fuck, they have the option to pass the buck to save their own asses

Understand here: I'm not, nor have I, condoned what happened here........... a lot of what both yourself and dbrowne have said are very valid, and very good points, and I do agree with.  I'm just trying to paint the bigger picture of where some of the failure in SOPs and training doctrine stem from.

That the accreditations are "feel good" report cards is exactly what I suspected.  So the best way to normalize GOOD SOP and marginalize or eliminate DEMONSTRABLY BAD SOP is through the Accrediting bodies.

Am I correct in assuming that STATE accrediting bodies are a function of state government? As for National Accreditation I couldn't begin to figure out their parent.

Edited to unfuck quote. ETA: Took two tries.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That the accreditations are "feel good" report cards is exactly what I suspected.  So the best way to normalize GOOD SOP and marginalize or eliminate DEMONSTRABLY BAD SOP is through the Accrediting bodies.  No it is to have competent leadership, who select competent people who have prerequisite skills, who send their instructors to competent training schools to receive top notch training to bring back for more training. To have common fucking sense and develop good SOPs and to have the balls to get rid of Asshats regardless of "friendships"..........these are zero fail missions and should be treated with diligence.  That costs money and polititians don't like spending money and training is usually the first thing the cut.  State, or any, politicians are the last fucking people I want sticking their noses in Police Department SOPs.

Am I correct in assuming that STATE accrediting bodies are a function of state government? As for National Accreditation I couldn't begin to figure out their parent.

Edited to unfuck quote. ETA: Took two tries.
 I tried to unfuck it too

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There is a serious lack of ethics in almost all levels of gov't bureaucracy. Who you know, who you blow, and who you call brother will many times determine whether you get promoted or not in a gov't agency.
LE agencies are by no means exempt from this happening.
Some are really bad.
Unfortunately, often the incompetents who get promoted over the more qualified will go to all levels to cover their asses.
Including lying and falsifying records, no matter what the outcome is, just so long as it doesn't sully their records or hurt their chances of further promotions.
And they are very, very good at it.
It's very difficult to find an LE agency that will do a fair investigation of their own. They either whitewash a screw up or go overboard with a massacre, depending on who screwed up or who will get burnt.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I kid you not.

and and all rolled into one .
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
No knocks are always a bad idea...

After seeing 3 Cops and 1 marshall die in FL this year, because they didn't do a no knock with SWAT, I am starting to come around on no knocks.

The reality is no knocks are necessary in the ghetto, its a warzone there. Sounds elitist, but if I lived in the ghetto I would prefer cops no knocking then not knocking at all.

In this case the no knock wasn't the problem, they hit the right house. The problem is this cop had poor discipline or had a brain fart either way, he's toast. This is like the Cop in oakland who shot the guy in the back because he thought he was pulling his taser.

Oh jeez, you just added about 10 pages to this thread.

JOhn

I am glad to know I am not the only JOhn that forgets to let go of the "shift" key for the second letter of my name, been doing it for years.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#16]
This post has activated the crap-storm avoidance system. ~ JW777

<Account locked. Bama>
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#17]
lol
sorry bro
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I saw it before the edit.

I'm curious to see what happens.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
lol

lol? Advocating murder is lol to you?

See this?

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a thing. Color me wrongfullest.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So county boards actually spend time telling LEAs whether to run on or off safe during entries? Or dictate their handcuffing or weapons handling procedures?

BULLSHIT.

If they don't like they can cut off the funding for it. And yes certain .govs have that level of operational control. Generally speaking the local .gov approves or disapproves the SOP manual.

ie. they approve the funding for purchasing, training and policy deployment of tasers.

Yep, this is why we don't have a dept armorer, or issues long guns.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[/quote]

What would happen?  There was no coc violation posted just my wacky sense of humor.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

I kid you not.

Funny story....

A close friend of mine works for a small dept. He spent 25 years as a firearms instructor over SWAT, new recruits, etc. before he took this "small dept" job. The man is amazing. When the new dept. firearms instructor job came up, he didn't get the job. A guy that weighs about 290, and is almost legally deaf got the job.

Ever wonder why dumb weapons policies get put into place? The fucking politicians. And 90% of the time, it is their constituents the bitch and moan about police policy.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What would happen?  There was no coc violation posted just my wacky sense of humor.

JW777 should have left your comments so EVERY LEO on this board could read what you wrote.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

<Account locked. Bama>

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

<Account locked. Bama>

He deserved it. Shocking that he would push that hard to get locked.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I kid you not.

Funny story....

A close friend of mine works for a small dept. He spent 25 years as a firearms instructor over SWAT, new recruits, etc. before he took this "small dept" job. The man is amazing. When the new dept. firearms instructor job came up, he didn't get the job. A guy that weighs about 290, and is almost legally deaf got the job.

Ever wonder why dumb weapons policies get put into place? The fucking politicians. And 90% of the time, it is their constituents the bitch and moan about police policy.

It took me 5 years to get weaponlights on all of our Patrol Shotguns and Carbines. A particular dayshift Lt., who was looking to get promoted to Capt.,  fought me for years on this and would not purchase them.  Late last year we had an incident with n EDP shooting an AK47 randomly throughout a section 8 apartment complex.  The first officer to arrive had a Shotgun, and couldn't see a damned thing where the subject had fled, when i arrived with my personal patrol rifle - which has a light - we were able to take the guy in to custody without incident.

I had, had enough.........went to the Patrol Captain and walla! We got the weaponlights I wanted

Needless to say, yesterday, one of the junior firearms Instructors told me that Lt. was having a shitstorm because of the weaponlights and that we had to cut about 1" of foam out of the Rifle cases so they would fit. He asked him....how did you do that: he replied: With a knife...duh  

Bottom line....it wasn't his idea and he didn't think lights were necessary, and he is a fucking idiot..
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

I kid you not.

Funny story....

It took me 5 years to get weaponlights on all of our Patrol Shotguns and Carbines. A particular dayshift Lt., who was looking to get promoted to Capt.,  fought me for years on this and would not purchase them.  Late last year we had an incident with n EDP shooting an AK47 randomly throughout a section 8 apartment complex.  The first officer to arrive had a Shotgun, and couldn't see a damned thing where the subject had fled, when i arrived with my personal patrol rifle - which has a light - we were able to take the guy in to custody without incident.

I had, had enough.........went to the Patrol Captain and walla! We got the weaponlights I wanted

Needless to say, yesterday, one of the junior firearms Instructors told me that Lt. was having a shitstorm because of the weaponlights and that we had to cut about 1" of foam out of the Rifle cases so they would fit. He asked him....how did you do that: he replied: With a knife...duh  

Bottom line....it wasn't his idea and he didn't think lights were necessary, and he is a fucking idiot..

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your wacky "sense of humor" is not only a violation of the CoC, but the trolling you love so much.

I guess this shows the Mods and Site Staff will let you pull out enough rope to hang yourself.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen a family walk away with six figures for a very good shoot.

I really don't give a shit what it costs the tax payers so long as the shoot is legal and officer does not committ a criminal violation.

It's a part of doing business.

The North Hollywood shooters family sued the LAPD

People who aren't under the gun of the Personal Injury money-machine have NO CONCEPTION of what they're asking for... they simply don't get it.

The "Yeah!  Sue the bastards!" philosophy is a multi-multi-billion-dollar industry... and it literally drives up the costs of EVERYTHING.  Everything you buy, all the taxes you pay, what it costs you when you go to the pharmacy or hospital, what you pay for insurance, what it costs when you buy a pack of smokes...  you name it.  There's a "legal premium" built into almost everything.

And Bama's right... it's a "cost of doing business"... but you're a fool if you think it's a good idea to make it wide-open to yet more abuse and barratry.

The purpose of the tort system in the public policy sense isn't to make victims or their lawyers rich. It's to scare people like you into not behaving like reckless assholes.

I'm glad to see that it's having at least some effect on you.

Ah.... there it is.  I thought I smelled a lawyer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Sorry to hear this happened.  There can be accidental discharges (as opposed to negligent), it depends on the circumstances.

For example, officer goes in through the door expecting possible immediate trouble from criminals inside (safety off, finger outside the trigger guard), as he's moving, he trips, goes to catch himself with his hands and the weapon swings free, catches on some equipment and fires.  Accident.

Example 2:  Officer goes in through the door expecting possible immediate trouble from criminals inside (safety off, finger outside the trigger guard), but it turns out there's no trouble inside and everyone is cooperating.  So officers are questioning people, maybe cuffing some as a precaution until they can figure out what is happening and which of them are bad guys, if any.  While cuffing someone, he trips, goes to catch himself with his hands and the weapon swings free, catches on some equipment and fires.  Negligence.

It would be worse if when tripping he pulled the trigger with his finger, because he should not have his finger on the trigger at that moment, but in any case, it shouldn't happen either way.  Because at that point he should have had his safety on, so even if he trips and the equipment catches on the trigger, the weapon can not fire.  Now if he was doing as he was trained and following department policy (leave safety off all the time until all the arrests and everything is completely over) by having his safety off, which seems very unlikely, then it's not his negligence, but the department's for training him that way.  In that case, he would not be punished, but the department would have to change it's training policies on the use of safeties.

If, on the other hand, he had been trained to put his safety on when doing routine cuffing of suspects and so on, but he was careless and failed to put the safety on, then it's his negligence and I think he has to be fired, you can't kill innocent people through sheer negligence and not pay the price.  He's probably a good guy, too, but with something this serious, what else can you do?

Either way, the department is liable for damages.

Of course, if drug traffickers were wiped out (easy to do if you have actual men running the country, there is no real "war" on drugs going on), then you wouldn't have millions of Americans' (and their families) lives being destroyed by getting hooked on this poison, and drug-related incidents like this wouldn't happen, because there would be no need for the cops to be there to begin with.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sometimes shit just happens.

I can't really get too worked up about it, I've taken a header down a ladder on a ship while clearing it.  I understand Murphy rears his ugly head every now and again.

I'm getting a little tired of the shit just happens stuff though. He broke at least two of the rules of firearms safety, maybe three. That's negligent.

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear this happened.  There can be accidental discharges (as opposed to negligent), it depends on the circumstances.

For example, officer goes in through the door expecting possible immediate trouble from criminals inside (safety off, finger outside the trigger guard), as he's moving, he trips, goes to catch himself with his hands and the weapon swings free, catches on some equipment and fires.  Accident.

Nope, not accident. Negligent. Tripping and tripping hazards while making a fast, stressful entry into an unfamiliar building are entirely foreseeable, as is the resulting risk of an off-safe gun firing as a result.

Example 2:  Officer goes in through the door expecting possible immediate trouble from criminals inside (safety off, finger outside the trigger guard), but it turns out there's no trouble inside and everyone is cooperating.  So officers are questioning people, maybe cuffing some as a precaution until they can figure out what is happening and which of them are bad guys, if any.  While cuffing someone, he trips, goes to catch himself with his hands and the weapon swings free, catches on some equipment and fires.  Negligence.

This example is no different than the one above.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Major liability. Criminal? No.

Failure to use the safety will be the biggest complaint. The trigger catching on gear has been known for some time and is a major argument for using the safety.

Unfortunately, that may be what happened.  

Tragic... but not murder.

Murder? No. Manslaughter? Possibly. Again, the word 'negligent', in a legal sense, carries criminal culpability. Actus reus is easily provable. The mens rea is another thing - a savvy attorney could probably convince to the right jury some degree of intent (––> negligence).

Check the Cato Institute. There have been loads of SWAT shootings on innocent people, AD's, wrong houses, etc. I wrote a paper this last term regarding paramilitary policing as it relates to COP (Community Oriented Policing) and the trends are frightening, especially for those like myself who view the Constitution sacrosanct.

Edit for link:
http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

<Account locked. Bama>

Let me just say that I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I go to the movies, come back, and JF is locked.... How about a friendly IM as to what happened?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I go to the movies, come back, and JF is locked.... How about a friendly IM as to what happened?  

Someone copy me as well!  I just replied to him in another thread.  This done made my Monday.

(Does anyone know what his new screen name will be?)

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone copy me as well!  I just replied to him in another thread.  This done made my Monday.
(Does anyone know what his new screen name will be?)

A_nother_D_ude

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I missed it.  Someone get there panties in a wad?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Now that someone is in trouble, the thread will die...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How about a friendly IM as to what happened?  

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
shit dude, being a buckeye and all, my offer to bama stands for you as well.  if you're ever headed this way give me a heads-up and dinner is on me.

Likewise....well maybe for like 2 more years, I might be gone by then
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Damn that sucks. But I can see this is going to be a "Fuck Cops, glad they made it home safely, hope they sue everyone involved" thread. I'm sure no one else makes mistakes. Just cops, I'm sure.

Mistakes by non-Cops involving guns in other people's homes almost invariably lead to very bad things for the person that did it.  Same standards should apply.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JW777 should have left your comments so EVERY LEO on this board could read what you wrote.

Man, I always miss the good stuff. Can you give a hint to what was said?

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, I always miss the good stuff. Can you give a hint to what was said?

It's long been acknowledged that he does/did not speak for all of us. I hope it was known, anyway.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

<Account locked. Bama>

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I hope it was known, anyway.

It has by anyone paying attention.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top