Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2011 6:11:52 PM EDT
Anyone else, not agree with spacex receiving big contracts??
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thats it? no article? no background nothing?

It'd be nice if I knew what you were talking about referring to.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You'd prefer we use the russians even more?

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You'd prefer we use the russians even more?    

no i prefer the use of standing private companies who can actually perform..
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Join Date, low post count...

Just a pathetic troll bored with life and living in his mom's basement.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

no not a troll just wanted to see if anyone else agreed with me.. seems like money could be spent better elsewhere is all.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no not a troll just wanted to see if anyone else agreed with me.. seems like money could be spent better elsewhere is all.
another one of u huh?

dont tell me, NASA shouldve never been created either?

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And location.  And name?  LOx is liquid oxygen.  

SpaceX is actually getting things to orbit. May not be at the point of unmanned replenishment missions to ISS but eventually..

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

FUCK YEA! I hate it, mother fuckers.

What am I hating, again?

Everything.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

another one of u huh?

dont tell me, NASA shouldve never been created either?

Nope love NASA. just wish other companies would get the recognition and air time the news gives SpaceX
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

SpaceX is actually getting things to orbit. May not be at the point of unmanned replenishment missions to ISS but eventually..

I agree SpaceX is getting to low earth orbit.. But why not more contracts to a dependable company such as ULA?
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree SpaceX is getting to low earth orbit.. But why not more contracts to a dependable company such as ULA?

Because the competitive nature of a small upstart?  Lowest bidder and stuff.  Instead of Lock-Mart-Boe.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, because I applied for an engineering position with them and didn't get it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Dont worry there loss you cant be worse than most of the hacks working there now..
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the competitive nature of a small upstart?  Lowest bidder and stuff.  Instead of Lock-Mart-Boe.

I see your point. it just seems like if I was spending the money I would want the best chance to getting my payload where it needs to be.. And after two successful tests the consensus is that they are working on borrowed time..
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont worry there loss you cant be worse than most of the hacks working there now..

Wow.  Brave for a newbie.  Hacks don't get loads to orbit.

How long was it before NASA got something in orbit?  

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So how much shit have you fired into orbit?

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I see your point. it just seems like if I was spending the money I would want the best chance to getting my payload where it needs to be.. And after two successful tests the consensus is that they are working on borrowed time..

You mean like Scaled Composites and their discovery that N2O is explosive?  

How many Titans and Atlas rockets have CATOed?  

I've got no dog in this fight.  Sounds like you have a very dull axe and have chosen a dolomite whetstone to rectify that problem.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So how much shit have you fired into orbit?

His ego?

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree it took NASA many many many tries to get to orbit.. but they were also the first Americans to attempt this, not just replicating what has been done..
I was referring to them being hacks because a good portion of the staff has been fired for doing a less than stellar job.. at other aerospace companies including the director of florida launch operations at SpaceX
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like Scaled Composites and their discovery that N2O is explosive?  

How many Titans and Atlas rockets have CATOed?  

I've got no dog in this fight.  Sounds like you have a very dull axe and have chosen a dolomite whetstone to rectify that problem.

There has been no vehicle failures of the Atlas II Atlas III and Atlas V launch vehicle..
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok LOXDOX I'm going to ask the question.

What is your connection to the aerospace industry and or NASA?
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hating SpaceX is as wrong as a straight man hating Jennifer Anniston's ass and rack.

Sir you have posed a moral dilemma for myself now.. keep hating spacex or keep on loving jennifer anniston
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree it took NASA many many many tries to get to orbit.. but they were also the first Americans to attempt this, not just replicating what has been done..

I was referring to them being hacks because a good portion of the staff has been fired for doing a less than stellar job.. at other aerospace companies including the director of florida launch operations at SpaceX

Thousands of reasons for termination.  Impugning someone's character or that of a company's staff based on a termination smacks of bias.  How many launches?  How many people have died at SpaceX operations?  

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah, because NASA has such a great SAFETY track record.

Let's let the private guys have a whack at blowing shit up upon accent and decent.

Chris

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No immediate personal connection between NASA and myself i do have a stake in the fact that I have grown up in the business between five uncles and three aunts working on the NASA side and my father working for ULA where I am starting to join him.. I guess it just breaks down to a wanting to look after the family  frame of mind
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No immediate personal connection between NASA and myself i do have a stake in the fact that I have grown up in the business between five uncles and three aunts working on the NASA side and my father working for ULA where I am starting to join him.. I guess it just breaks down to a wanting to look after the family  frame of mind

Ok you answered half the question. Do you have any connection to the Aerospace industry?
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thousands of reasons for termination.  Impugning someone's character or that of a company's staff based on a termination smacks of bias.  How many launches?  How many people have died at SpaceX operations?  

We well have to wait and see SpaceX is a long way off from any manrated missions..
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok you answered half the question. Do you have any connection to the Aerospace industry?

Not yet but in the coming months after graduation i will have a job working helping move everything forward..
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And there is your neurosis.  This isn't your family business.  Did you know trade alliances exist in nearly every other field?  But you want to get sole sourcing of government contracts because that is very easy.  

If there were no other supplier of AR15s but Colt, we would be stuck with screw pivot pins, large diameter fire control group pivot pins, sear blocks and cut-away carriers.  It was the competetion in the AR15 market which forced Colt to discontinue these abominations.

Who wins because of SpaceX?  The citizens of the United States.  I guess you didn't make cheerleader tryouts in high school either.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

And there is your neurosis.  This isn't your family business.  Did you know trade alliances exist in nearly every other field?  But you want to get sole sourcing of government contracts because that is very easy.  

If there were no other supplier of AR15s but Colt, we would be stuck with screw pivot pins, large diameter fire control group pivot pins, sear blocks and cut-away carriers.  It was the competetion in the AR15 market which forced Colt to discontinue these abominations.

Who wins because of SpaceX?  The citizens of the United States.  I guess you didn't make cheerleader tryouts in high school either.

Thanks for helping me figure it out.. Im serious where would i be if you didnt help me see the other side id be right back where i was before. atleast you talked about it unlike everyone else thinking i was just a troll account looking for fun.. and no i didnt make it my hips are to wide damn skirt wouldnt fit..
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for helping me figure it out.. Im serious where would i be if you didnt help me see the other side id be right back where i was before. atleast you talked about it unlike everyone else thinking i was just a troll account looking for fun.. and no i didnt make it my hips are to wide damn skirt wouldnt fit..
Judging by your grammar, I hope that your only contribution to the space industry is a few sprays of Windex on the windshield of the space shuttle.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#36]
You do know that NASA was the one thing we got right in encouraging investment... velcro... Tang... space pens... microcomputers... you know that thing your using to bitch about it all
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Hate the game, not the player.  

SpaceX is the leader in COTS.  Right behind is ATK.  Which is the parent of CCI, Speer, Federal etc.  And is a giant compared to SpaceX.

Lock-Mart-Boe, also know in sanitized form as United Launch Services, isn't a participant in CRS...

How is that axe sharpening venture with the dolomite whetstone?  Hint, Mohs hardness of 4 isn't going to work.  Try something over 7...preferably 9.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Judging by your grammar, I hope that your only contribution to the space industry is a few sprays of Windex on the windshield of the space shuttle.

You need to meet more Aerospace engineers and employees at KSC im sure you will be pleasantly suprised at the lack of proper grammar
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to meet more Aerospace engineers and employees at KSC im sure you will be pleasantly suprised at the lack of proper grammar

That is the attitude why NASA had to start COTS.  Does NASA fire people for using correct grammar?  

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hate the game, not the player.  

SpaceX is the leader in COTS.  Right behind is ATK.  Which is the parent of CCI, Speer, Federal etc.  And is a giant compared to SpaceX.

Lock-Mart-Boe, also know in sanitized form as United Launch Services, isn't a participant in CRS...

How is that axe sharpening venture with the dolomite whetstone?  Hint, Mohs hardness of 4 isn't going to work.  Try something over 7...preferably 9.  

SpaceX may appear to be the best choice in COTS but there is plenty of talks on the table with ULA still about providing heavy lift aspects that Spacex is far from..
Never underestimate the governments ability to come out of left field in a hurry with a whole new idea..
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the attitude why NASA had to start COTS.  Does NASA fire people for using correct grammar?  

No way they only fire people for leaving their cocaine on the floor in high bay three..
I guess to many workers skipped english class in college, couldnt stand to wake up in the morning after the millionth Differential equation problem assigned..
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hating SpaceX is as wrong as a straight man hating Jennifer Anniston's ass and rack.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#43]
This thread has potential.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Space-X created a man rated launch vehicle, included the first new American made kerolox engine in living memory in under 8 years for under a billion dollars. They are basically our only hope for significantly reducing the cost of reaching space.

They represent what the free market can do. The fact that you 'hate them' means either you work for a legacy contractor that is going to loose their shirt or you don't understand what they have accomplished. Either way sit down and shut up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Space-X created a man rated launch vehicle, included the first new American made kerolox engine in living memory in under 8 years for under a billion dollars. They are basically our only hope for significantly reducing the cost of reaching space.

They represent what the free market can do. The fact that you 'hate them' means either you work for a legacy contractor that is going to loose their shirt or you don't understand what they have accomplished. Either way sit down and shut up.

+1

Link Posted: 2/12/2011 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#46]
So you are basically just supporting your family and not looking at things objectively?  Gotcha, carry one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't see any reason to hate SpaceX. Seems like to me they also have competition from Orbital Sciences on government contracts.

Hell, we're trying to get our foot in the door with both companies for sub contract work.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#48]
SpaceX has impressed me since they started being successful instead of just blowing things up.

ULA is impressive too.

May the competition begin!
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#49]
I live on the space coast, while I do not work at the KSC, my father, and 75% of my church works there, and this is what I've heard from them on the issue.

space x is about as independent and private as NASA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top