Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 330
Posted: 11/21/2010 12:25:36 PM EDT
Ok, so this is a list of movies that are available for instant streaming from Netflix that all arfcom should have seen.  I'll start it off and everyone keep adding:

1.  HEAT
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Don't waste your time.  It sucked.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:

About to watch Kill me Three Times.......will report back.

Don't waste your time.  It sucked.

Yes......yes it did.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:02:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AJ-IN-JAX] [#2]
dt
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By PaDanby:
The new one or the old one?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PaDanby:

Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:

Hercules was better than I thought it was going to be....worth watching if nothing else is on.

The new one or the old one?

The one with the Rock

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Have we talked about "Rectify" yet?

Guy gets out of prison after 19 years on a rape murder. DNA evidence technicality.  So the law's still after him and you have to unravel what really happened.

Great reviews.  I'm two episodes in and hooked.  Abigail Spencer is hot as the sun.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Hater:
Have we talked about "Rectify" yet?

Guy gets out of prison after 19 years on a rape murder. DNA evidence technicality.  So the law's still after him and you have to unravel what really happened.

Great reviews.  I'm two episodes in and hooked.  Abigail Spencer is hot as the sun.

View Quote

I watched both seasons and really enjoyed it. Mentioned it here also.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cofi:

whoa that movie was fucked up

thanks for the recommendation it was the  first good movie we have watched on netflix in a while
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wolverine1776:
Just saw that These Final Hours is streaming. I loved this movie and thought it was one of the better movies I've seen in recent years.

It's an Australian film, the basic story is that a meteor has hit the earth or something cataclysmic (it's never really explained what happened) is going on that is causing the entire earth to be consumed in a wave of fire and destruction. Australia is the last to be affected and the movie takes place in the last few hours before Humanity ends. The main character is a guy trying to get to this great "End of The World Party", while dealing with some personal conflicts, and is also trying to reunite a young girl with her father. Along the way you see the various ways people are coping with the reality of facing certain death; everything from hedonism, brutality, fear, acceptance, etc.

It's a low budget indie film, but certainly doesn't feel like it. I thought it was very well put together.

thanks for the recommendation it was the  first good movie we have watched on netflix in a while

Same here.  I really cared about the characters in this one, which doesn't happen often.  Usually it's an eyeroll or two at a typical character, but in this one I could see the guy gaining his humanity while trying to lose it, and thought the story was really awesome.  

See, great stories don't need special effects or large budgets to be, well, great.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:

Just started. Good writing and a few good characters.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:
I finished the Netflix original series 'Bloodline.'  It was pretty good I thought.  Though if you have ADD and need constant action it might not be for you.

It currently has a 8.4/10 IMDB rating and a 9.5/10 tv.com rating.

http://youtu.be/jWL0UcXUXSE

Just started. Good writing and a few good characters.

Just finished watching all the episodes of Bloodline.  I thought it was really great.   Good writing and acting.  Edge of the seat situations with a totally dysfunctional family.  Good entertainment when it's not YOUR family!
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
if you have a VPN that provides a server in The Netherlands, Penny Dreadful is really good.  It's a Netflix produced series so i dont get why its not available here yet.  its got Eva Green, Timothy Dalton and Josh Hartnet

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37100000/Penny-Dreadful-wallpaper-penny-dreadful-37151367-1920-1200.jpg
View Quote

She has amazing tits.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Creep was good had Pete from the league in it and he is fucking creeeepy
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally got around to watching 'In Bruges.'  Very good movie.  It's a dark comedy about two hitmen and the aftermath of a botched hit.

Highly recommended.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#11]
"Whitey" about Whitey Bulger - Boston criminal and FBI informant.

We liked it a lot. He's loosely the inspiration for Jack Nicholson's character in The Departed (with the exception of The Departed being a line-for-line remake of a Chinese movie that came out 4 years before it)

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#12]
4 stars?

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DangerJ:

We liked it a lot. He's loosely the inspiration for Jack Nicholson's character in The Departed (with the exception of The Departed being a line-for-line remake of a Chinese movie that came out 4 years before it)

View Quote

agree, was very good.

so what do you believe?.... you think he was a real informant, or was that bull?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I finally got around to watching 'In Bruges.'  Very good movie.  It's a dark comedy about two hitmen and the aftermath of a botched hit.

Highly recommended.

View Quote

I liked it quite a bit... great cast really helps.

never heard of it before this thread..
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By byron2112:

agree, was very good.

so what do you believe?.... you think he was a real informant, or was that bull?
View All Quotes

agree, was very good.

Bull
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

It was a low budget, creepy movie, that maybe a governmental loving hipster would find entertaining, but not a movie an average ARFCOMER would relate to. I won't spoil the movie. It did have a great ending in my mind.  Worth watching, but not no fucking great flick.

A great movie documentary is Parking Lot. Give it ten minutes. I'm not sure if it's on NadFlix anymore. It's about parking lot guys in an area filled with entitled college kids. It's very entertaining.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I always thought he had that "registered sex offender" look to him.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:00:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rightwing87] [#18]
The Woman in Black 2:  Angel of Death
During World War 2, a small school is forced to evacuate London.  They are placed in an abandoned home in the countryside.  Little do they know, this home is haunted by the ghost of a woman in black.

I'm a big fan of the 1989 Woman in Black film.  Definitely watch it if you can.  The Woman in Black remake was okay, nothing special.  The Woman in Black 2 is supposedly a sequel to the remake, but doesn't reference the remake at all so there's no reason to see the remake beforehand.  The first half of WIB2 was pretty good.  They did a good job of introducing the characters and creating a creepy atmosphere.  The lead girl is mostly good and the movie even does a good job with the kid characters (kid actors usually annoy the hell out of me).  After the first half though, the movie really goes downhill.  Nearly every scare in the last half of the movie is the "boo scare" variety.  There are so many boo scares, it really gets annoying to be honest.  The character's actions that drive the plot are way too convenient (particularly the lead girl), almost to the point of psychic ability.  The ending was fairly lackluster too.  Overall I'd only recommend WIB2 if you need 90 minutes to kill, but don't expect too much.  2 out of 5
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By M15A2:

Bull
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M15A2:

agree, was very good.

Bull

I don't know one way or another. I mean, the whole universe he lived in was corrupt. The way the doc was formatted, it was a bit confusing because they flipped between "he's an informant" and "no, he never was" frequently.

I agree on the point that "you don't get to be that big of a player on the scene without some guys on the other side clearing the path for you"

The stuff about his informant file was fishy as hell. Stuff scrapbooked together from other files, and it being a fraction of the size of someone his notoriety should have had.

All good, thought-provoking points as to why it's a good doc to watch.

Oh, and the complete and total bullshit about the one guy being killed during a work-related dispute...by getting poison in his coffee. Bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Signal25:

watching this now. will report back.

Good flick. I give it 1.5 thumbs up.
View All Quotes

Just saw that These Final Hours is streaming. I loved this movie and thought it was one of the better movies I've seen in recent years.

It's an Australian film, the basic story is that a meteor has hit the earth or something cataclysmic (it's never really explained what happened) is going on that is causing the entire earth to be consumed in a wave of fire and destruction. Australia is the last to be affected and the movie takes place in the last few hours before Humanity ends. The main character is a guy trying to get to this great "End of The World Party", while dealing with some personal conflicts, and is also trying to reunite a young girl with her father. Along the way you see the various ways people are coping with the reality of facing certain death; everything from hedonism, brutality, fear, acceptance, etc.

It's a low budget indie film, but certainly doesn't feel like it. I thought it was very well put together.

... Didn't care for the ending. He made a bad decision in the end, IMO
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Watching Turn right now.  It's pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I Dream of Wires was pretty cool. If you're into electronic music/synths, I recommend it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RED_5:
I Dream of Wires was pretty cool. If you're into electronic music/synths, I recommend it.
View Quote

I watched the whole thing but the electronic noise got on my nerves.
They could have played some well known music to appeal to the 99% of watchers who aren't geeks for synth.
Interview Gary Newman and not play part  of "Cars"???!!!!!
WTF?
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:

Were there any good decisions to be made?

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#25]
http://whatthehellshouldiwatchonnetflix.com

Interesting site....found a few things I don't think I would have found blinding searching.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:01:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I thought 'The Hole' (2001) was decent.  It's about four prep school students who ditch a field trip and spend the weekend partying in an abandoned bunker.  Later they realize they are locked in and start to turn on each other.

Keira Knightley is one of the four students and she has a brief topless scene.  Of course later I found out she was 15 when it was shot.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Watched "The Iceman". Based on a true story about a dude that was a hitman/serial killer.

Michael Shannon, Ray Liota. Worth a watch
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

She has amazing tits.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:
Originally Posted By mcantu:
if you have a VPN that provides a server in The Netherlands, Penny Dreadful is really good.  It's a Netflix produced series so i dont get why its not available here yet.  its got Eva Green, Timothy Dalton and Josh Hartnet

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37100000/Penny-Dreadful-wallpaper-penny-dreadful-37151367-1920-1200.jpg

She has amazing tits.

It's a Showtime series and yes she does.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead

Australian Zombie flick with just a few bits of black humor.  Not too bad.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:05:51 AM EDT
[#30]
The new Netflix original series 'Narcos' is now up.  

It looks pretty promising.  It's supposed to be a cross between 'Goodfellas' and 'The Wire.'

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:07:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M15A2] [#31]
The new Netflix original series 'Narcos' is now up.  

It looks pretty promising.  It's supposed to be a cross between 'Goodfellas' and 'The Wire.'

http://youtu.be/U7elNhHwgBU

View Quote

Thanks! You are on your game.

EDIT: It's not available to me yet.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:33:58 AM EDT
[#32]
The Killer Speaks is a very good show. Interviews with convicted murderers, the cops that hunted them, and victims' family members. Its dark, but worth a watch if you want to get into the psychology of a murderer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:50:51 AM EDT
[#33]
I liked the movie Stretch. Not sure if it was mentioned but a cool movie.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#34]
As mentioned above Narcos season 1 is now up.

Also added or readded...
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit / The Sixteenth Year
Survivor stars: Milla Jovovich, Pierce Brosnan, Dylan McDermott, Angela Bassett dir. James McTeigue
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) stars: Megan Fox, Will Arnett, William Fichtner, Alan Ritchson dir. Jonathan Liebesman
Revenge season 4
Once Upon a Time season 4
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By bg10:
Watched "The Iceman". Based on a true story about a dude that was a hitman/serial killer.

View Quote

That part where he kills Captain America, yeah, didnt see that coming
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Horse-Power:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Horse-Power:
Originally Posted By bg10:

Me neither

Anybody checked out "Narcos" yet?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I just started the third episode Narcos, so far its as addicting as cocaine
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm finally getting around to watching Walking Dead. Season 2 was so boring, but the first episode of season 3 really turned it around, and I'm on episode 13 of this season so far. When does season 5 come onto Netflix, anyone know?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By strider98:
I'm finally getting around to watching Walking Dead. Season 2 was so boring, but the first episode of season 3 really turned it around, and I'm on episode 13 of this season so far. When does season 5 come onto Netflix, anyone know?
View Quote

Typically it's when the new season is on, so probably around October.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I have been enjoying Lillyhammer, so thank you to whoever suggested it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Narco season 1 is up! Haven't seen it yet, but the previews looked pretty good!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By Munzy:

View Quote
Awesome!  Can't wait to start this series.    

By the way, is there a thread like this for Amazon Prime Video?  Searched for it and no dice.  I watch Netflix the most, but I definitely spend some time watching shows on Amazon (Justified seems pretty solid right now!)

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By KPtexan:
By the way, is there a thread like this for Amazon Prime Video?  Searched for it and no dice.  I watch Netflix the most, but I definitely spend some time watching shows on Amazon (Justified seems pretty solid right now!)

View Quote

Some pop up from time to time, but they don't last long and end up getting archived.  I guess there's just not much interest in Amazon Prime content.

Feel free to start a new one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Well done series imo.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SeanC:

Well done series imo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SeanC:

Well done series imo.

It's good. I will probably finish it today.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#46]

A little melodramatic in parts, but overall I'd give it 4.5 stars.

But, then again...I love this genre of films.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:36:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pariahcarey] [#47]
My wife and I just finished Bloodline and are going to start on Narcos. She's from Colombia and grew up in that shit. If you want to read a good book on the subject, check out Killing Pablo by Mark Bowden (Blackhawk Down).  Some people in Colombia still see Pablo as kind of a folk hero.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:15:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#48]
Originally Posted By Squatch:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-O6XPFyne5yM/VK_f-e1ULuI/AAAAAAAALfY/zUht82jF7bM/s1600/The-Admiral-Roaring-Currents-2014.jpg

A little melodramatic in parts, but overall I'd give it 4.5 stars.

But, then again...I love this genre of films.
View Quote

Mentioned that movie being available over a week ago. Thought it was good even if some of the parts were unbelievable (speed of the ships which were obviously towed or motorized) and the script/storyline at times made no sense (like they cut out something earlier in the movie). Gave it four out of five stars.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#49]
tag for later watching
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By stangboy555:
Caught in a battle between Allied and German Forces, the passengers of a modern day 757 fight to stay alive after their plane mysteriously travels back in time to 1940. In their desperation to stay alive and return home safely, they manage turn the tide that wins the war in Europe.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91nBS%2BeigPL._SY606_.jpg

View Quote

BASED on TRUE EVENTS...
IE there were people in WWII...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 330
Top Top