Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/13/2010 7:28:45 AM EDT

Far be it for an American President to publicly congratulate (let alone even mention) AMERICAN ingenuity and AMERICAN PRIVATE ENTERPRISE for the miracle rescue of the Chilean Miners.
Schramm Inc. of West Chester, Pennsylvania built the drills and equipment used to reach the trapped miners.
Center Rock Company, also from Pennsylvania, built the drill bits used to reach the miners.  
UPS, the US shipping company, delivered the 13-ton drilling equipment from Pennsylvania to Chile in less than 48 hours.
Crews from Layne Christensen Company of Wichita Kansas and its subsidiary Geotec Boyles Bros. worked the drills and machinery to locate and reach the miners and then enlarge the holes to ultimately rescue them.

Jeff Hart
of Denver Colorado
was called off his job drilling water wells for the U.S. Army's forward
operating bases in Afghanistan to lead the drilling crew that reached
the miners.
Atlas Copco Construction Mining Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin provided consulting on how to make drilling equipment from different sources work together under differing pressure specifications.

Aries Central California Video of Fresno California designed the special cameras that were lowered nearly a mile into the ground sending back video of the miners.
Zephyr Technologies of Annapolis Maryland, made the remote monitors of vital signs that miners will wear during their ascent.
NASA Engineers designed the "Phoenix" capsule that miners would be brought to the surface in, and provided medical consulting, special diets and spandex suits to maintain miners' blood pressure as they're brought back to the surface.
Oh, and Candadian-based Precision Drilling Corp. and South-African company Murray & Roberts, drilled a backup rescue shafts in case the American rig failed. Which it didn't.

FUCK OBAMA.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Good Job Fellas....
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice write up sir

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#3]
America, Fuck YEA!
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, if it happens here they (Barry Soetero Administration) will call in the Chilean Mining company to help us since they are the experts.

I thought he'd call the Chinese - seeing as how Bush shipped all our manufacturing over to China.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Yahooo!  Get 'er dooone!
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

UPS, the US shipping company, delivered the 13-ton drilling equipment from Pennsylvania to Chile in less than 48 hours.

Holy fuck.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#10]

I know its kind of cheesy but I love that movie for exactly why you posted the picture.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Nice write up sir

Yup.  Little thanks to the US would be nice.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#12]
i was watching the live local feed last night.  < in spanish >

thier pres did thank the right  people..  no one is taking credit away from the people that did what they did..

or at least i have not seen that ..  

the local reports in Spanish were VERY proud of their country men BUT not once did not not give credit to the world crews..    

example..    our great / proud chilien<sp> men working side by side with experts from around the world   blah  blah ..

seems very classy and humble  yet proud at the same time..

who is taking anything away from the Americans?

Oh, and Candadian-based Precision Drilling Corp. and South-African company Murray & Roberts, drilled a backup rescue shafts in case the American rig failed. Which it didn't.

this is not  a slap to the Americans..  it was the correct thing to do ,.

did we watch the same thing ?
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Food for thought, thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I guarantee you that if this happened during the Bush Administration that Bush would have been on TV thanking these AMERICAN COMPANIES.

zero wont say a word. Because they are "Evil Corporations"
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Great info, the USA is still the place where the world goes to when they want the job done, period....despite Obongo's attempts to destroy us.  FUCK OBONGO!
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:47:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice write up sir

again i was watching the local feed  not the fox or msnbc feeds     every reporter there first thanked the world crews  then spent 99% of thier time making thier country men into gods..   but who doesnt ?

hell they even had segments during the wait between miners coming up the shaft that detailed who did what and how greatfull they were and how much they have learned from all the people helping.

did we watch the same event  ?

edit

oh i see you expected a pat on the back from Obama..     now i see why i didnt understand..

lol..

the people that were helped...   they were thankful and gracious.  

i dont expect spit from obama    this is why i was at a loss what the hell yall were talking about
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I guess it's just me, I take pride in knowing that America had the key role in the miners rescue but I don't find it necessary to have lavish praises heaped upon us as a country. Knowing is enough, a wink & a nod, it's just what America does and always has done. Let Chile have their moment.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Funny how they don't seem to mention that
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#20]
But obama and his supporters hate America, they would never give us credit for anything. I am suprised the kenyan in chief didnt blame the US for the miners being trapped in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice write up sir

again i was watching the local feed  not the fox or msnbc feeds     every reporter there first thanked the world crews  then spent 99% of thier time making thier country men into gods..   but who doesnt ?

hell they even had segments during the wait between miners coming the shaft that detailed how did what and how greatfull they were and how much they have learned from all the people helping.

did we watch the same event  ?
edit

oh i see you expected a pat on the back from Obama..     now i see why i didnt understand..

lol..

the people that were helped...   they were thankful and gracious.  

i dont expect spit from obama    this is why i was at a loss what the hell yall were talking about

Sorry about that, but yup it's more of an Obama thing.  He spends most his time telling us how bad we are as a country.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Doesn't matter.

The miners would never have been there in the first place if it wasn't for the evil American's greed for the minerals they were mining.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I guarantee you that if this happened during the Bush Administration that Bush would have been on TV thanking these AMERICAN COMPANIES.

Yep.

And Bush would be accused of being heartless and jingoistic by all those "compassionate" Leftists - the same ones who work so hard to destroy American Private Enterprise.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Macallen.  

the President of Chile.
was thank full and gracious.  

the local reporters seemed to thank the world crews first every chance they got.

they even had 20 minute segments of what the int community did and how tey wil incorp what they learned into their industry .,  < and tried to sell Chile every chance they got     hey cant blame them for that >  

if this never made it to the US outlets..   i dont know what to say .

your analogy is off a little bit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I guess it's just me, I take pride in knowing that America had the key role in the miners rescue but I don't find it necessary to have lavish praises heaped upon us as a country. Knowing is enough, a wink & a nod, it's just what America does and always has done. Let Chile have their moment.

I have to agree with this.  People will know who helped out and brought in the A-team.  Chile knew that "we need the best" and they found them.  Trying to make it a political thing is juvenile and takes away from the efforts that the American Companies have given.  

Just enjoy it and act like you have been there before, like Barry Sanders.   Throw the ball (aka, the miners into the awaiting arms of their President) and tip your hardhat to their wives and loved ones.  

Why all  the need to be an attention whore?  Just my $0.02.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

And Bush would be accused of being heartless and jingoistic by all those "compassionate" Leftists - the same ones who work so hard to destroy American Private Enterprise.

Like the time he sent three aircraft carriers to the Pacific rim to do humanitarian work after the tsunami.

The libs were appalled. After all, the French sent a team of almost forty doctors!(retired gynocologists from the whorehouses of Paris)

What was Bush thinking? Gee whiz!

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Frankly, I haven't seen any mention of American involvement in any of the news that I see. Sad that the only honest news I see is relayed on Arfcom. Through all of the news on this situation, I was left to think that the Chileans were doing all of this "in house". I recall reading that the rescue capsule was designed or built by the Chilean Navy. I was impressed and surprised with their capabilities. Now I get it.

Add this to the list of wars fought, money spent, technology shared, charity extended, lives given and saved by the United States, to help people and nations all over the world. Sadly, more often than not, these same nations and people will go back to hating and trying to defeat this country and in some cases, trying to kill us, once the crisis has passed.

I am glad to see those men saved and reunited with their families.

ETA...Maybe I need to change where I get my news from.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

But obama and his supporters hate America, they would never give us credit for anything. I am suprised the kenyan in chief didnt blame the US for the miners being trapped in the first place.

Bush trapped them there.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Originally Posted ByQuoted:
It doesn't matter who rescued them, it's the fact that the got rescued that's important

If a stranger steps up and saves the life of your loved ones, do you thank them or do you ignore them and say "Meh, it doesn't matter who saved them".

For fuck sake give it a rest.  There's still 17 men in the hole.  Try to focus on what is important rather than your bruised ego.  You should be ashamed of yourself.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Macallen.  
the President of Chile.

was thank full and gracious.  

the local reporters seemed to thank the world crews first every chance they got.

they even had 20 minute segments of what the int community did and how tey wil incorp what they learned into their industry .,  < and tried to sell Chile every chance they got     hey cant blame them for that >  
if this never made it to the US outlets..   i dont know what to say .
your analogy is off a little bit.

That's why I deleted it.

My post is about Obama ignoring American ingenuity and American private enterprise stepping up to do what NO gov't program could ever have done.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#32]
If this had happened in the US, obama would have called for a coal mining tax and revoked a bunch of mining permits.

Fuck obama.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted ByQuoted:

It doesn't matter who rescued them, it's the fact that the got rescued that's important

If a stranger steps up and saves the life of your loved ones, do you thank them or do you ignore them and say "Meh, it doesn't matter who saved them".

For fuck sake give it a rest.  There's still 17 men in the hole.  Try to focus on what is important rather than your bruised ego.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

I deleted it after about 40 seconds so as not to get people like you so butthurt.
FUCK OBAMA.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#34]
At least some of the media reports have mentioned the American involvement.  As far as Obama, knowing arfcom if he had said anything this board would have been all over him for taking credit for it.  I think him staying out of it, at least for now, is the correct path.  This is a Chilean show, let them have their moment in the sun.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Obama will direct his AG to look into the racial make-up of the companies involved.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

FAIL.

That's like saying; it doesn't matter how we became a free country, it only matters that we are free.

Epic FAIL.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FAIL.

That's like saying; it doesn't matter how we became a free country, it only matters that we are free.

Epic FAIL.

Careful. You're gonna get sand in some folks' manginas here.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Obama will direct his AG to look into the racial make-up of the companies involved.

that shit is so funny that its sad, ,because...  it can actually happen .

gentlemen  .

America is Strong...  

She has a bad case of the clap right now   but  

gentlemen   America is and will always be strong..

no Indivdual from chicago can change that ,,, even if that douche bad is the CIC .
hell even with that much power its turning out that ruining America is hard..

no matter how fucking hard he tries.

we do have to ride this shit out...  but ride it out we will.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Frankly, I haven't seen any mention of American involvement in any of the news that I see. Sad that the only honest news I see is relayed on Arfcom. Through all of the news on this situation, I was left to think that the Chileans were doing all of this "in house". I recall reading that the rescue capsule was designed or built by the Chilean Navy. I was impressed and surprised with their capabilities. Now I get it.

Add this to the list of wars fought, money spent, technology shared, charity extended, lives given and saved by the United States, to help people and nations all over the world. Sadly, more often than not, these same nations and people will go back to hating and trying to defeat this country and in some cases, trying to kill us, once the crisis has passed.

I am glad to see those men saved and reunited with their families.

ETA...Maybe I need to change where I get my news from.
I was watching last night as they got the first guy out.  Actually I was just flipping channels and spotted them working on the capsule in the mine and just knew this was going to be way beyond cool.  The commentator mentioned that the Chileans went for the best and brightest, and they mentioned that it was an American company that provided the drill that cut through 2,000 feet of rock and hit the target in the mine shaft.  Is this a great country or what?

I had no idea UPS delivered it.  That's quite a display of logistical expertise.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FAIL.

Epic FAIL.

They don't even have them all out yet and you're mad because we aren't getting credit?  Classy.  Very classy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Far be it for an American President to publicly congratulate (let alone even mention) AMERICAN ingenuity and AMERICAN PRIVATE ENTERPRISE for the miracle rescue of the Chilean Miners.
Schramm Inc. of West Chester, Pennsylvania built the drills and equipment used to reach the trapped miners.

Center Rock Company, also from Pennsylvania, built the drill bits used to reach the miners.  

Crews from Layne Christensen Company of Wichita Kansas and its subsidiary Geotec Boyles Bros. worked the drills and machinery to locate and reach the miners and then enlarge the holes to ultimately rescue them.

Jeff Hart
of Denver Coloradowas called off his job drilling water wells for the U.S. Army's forwardoperating bases in Afghanistan to lead the drilling crew that reachedthe miners.

Atlas Copco Construction Mining Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin provided consulting on how to make drilling equipment from different sources work together under differing pressure specifications.

Aries Central California Video of Fresno California designed the special cameras that were lowered nearly a mile into the ground sending back video of the miners.

Zephyr Technologies of Annapolis Maryland, made the remote monitors of vital signs that miners will wear during their ascent.

NASA Engineers designed the "Phoenix" capsule that miners would be brought to the surface in, and provided medical consulting, special diets and spandex suits to maintain miners' blood pressure as they're brought back to the surface.

FUCK OBAMA.

God Bless the good folks that stepped in and helped those trapped miners. American ingenuity helped saved the day. We don't need to take the credit because those that helped know that they did good. That's what makes America great. They did what they did because they'd want the same done if they were stuck under the ground.

God Bless America and those that stepped in to rescue those that needed it and thank God that those miners are getting out.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sure it matters. If it didn't, nobody would know who to turn to next time it happened.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter.

The miners would never have been there in the first place if it wasn't for the evil American's greed for the minerals they were mining.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter.

I LOL'd
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If this had happened in the US, obama would have called for a coal mining tax and revoked a bunch of mining permits.

Fuck obama.

A six month moratorium on mining- minimum.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Which goes to show, still the best damn country in the world.

We are represented by our citizens and our drive much moreso than our government.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FAIL.

Epic FAIL.

They don't even have them all out yet and you're mad because we aren't getting credit?  Classy.  Very classy.

I bet you waited until Apollo 11 astronauts were back on the aircraft carrier to begin to feel any pride in what we accomplished or wave the flag.

Or did you ever?

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy fuck.

What can Brown do for you?

Quite a bit, apparently...  
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

FAIL.

Epic FAIL.

Careful. You're gonna get sand in some folks' manginas here.

Who got bent out of shape and started a thread because they didn't think the world wasn't giving them enough attention?  Wasn't me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#50]
My goodness why does this have to be a freakin Obama vs Bush thread?? Why would he have to go on tv thanking these companies? I heard a blurb before the rescue that he sent prayers and the American people have their support or something like that, what more is needed...

We don't need a pat on the back, we do what we do because we know how and we can do it. . I did hear them mention the American companies on tv btw and I said way to go USA but we don't need the pat on the back on TV. Getting them out was more than enough reward...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top