Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:40:03 PM EDT
What ever happened with the Arfcomers who bought from them?

I  am wanting to order one. GTG?
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm assuming you're wanting the new Arctic Laser. Here's the thread with some AAR's.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1052046
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Ordered mine in the beginning of June.

Canceled my order in August after the announcement regarding new "safety features" to be built into the design.

Received conformation of my canceled order. I still haven't received my $357.41 refund...and it's fucking October now. Repeated emails and service tickets on the matter have gone without reply.

Since there's no outright fraud (stolen card, unauthorized purchase, etc.), my CC company is not interested in helping. I'll be cancelling the card as soon as the refund is issued.

That's been my experience with Wicked Lasers.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm assuming you're wanting the new Arctic Laser. Here's the thread with some AAR's.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1052046

thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ordered mine in the beginning of June.

Canceled my order in August after the announcement regarding new "safety features" to be built into the design.

Received conformation of my canceled order. I still haven't received my $357.41 refund...and it's fucking October now. Repeated emails and service tickets on the matter have gone without reply.

Since there's no outright fraud (stolen card, unauthorized purchase, etc.), my CC company is not interested in helping. I'll be cancelling the card as soon as the refund is issued.

That's been my experience with Wicked Lasers.

This is the shit that has kept me from ordering. Thanks for your input.

I just want a lightsaber.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a green laser from them.  The first was underpowered and its beam spread out faster than advertised.  I got a replacement, and it's OK, but I still wish I had gone with a different company.  I've also heard a lot of complaints about them.  I've heard that Dragon is good, and there are a few other good companies out there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This is the shit that has kept me from ordering. Thanks for your input.

I just want a lightsaber.

No problemo.

Link Posted: 10/6/2010 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got mine a few weeks ago after months of waiting but I am glad I did. It's fucking awesome!
I'll post some pics when I get home.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#9]
There's an incredibly boring unboxing video over at gixxer.com.  IIRC it took 3 months to deliver.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Update:

Finally got a response from Wicked Lasers support.

Hi ******,

We did not process your request to cancel your order, due
to a lots of emails of that were receiving everyday. Your order was shipped out.
Here is your tracking number: ********************, shipped via EMS.  

If you really
want a refund, refuse to sign and do not accept it once the package's delivered
so it will be returned back to shanghai.

After that we can give you a
refund.

Best Regards,

Iya Trinidad

Customer Support
Team

Wicked Lasers

...which is bullshit, as I still have the cancellation email (as well as all other emails) saved in my "Orders" subfolder.

I checked the EMS website and the tracking number doesn't show up as valid...but they may have just mailed it out today, after my latest barrage of Baueresque/Wolf Stare emails.

I won't bother mailing it back to Shanghai. Most likely I'll toy with it for a week or so and sell it/trade it off.

First they kidnap Bauer...now this. China: I am disappoint.

Link Posted: 10/6/2010 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Wicked Lasers is ok, but not for the guys expecting next day delivery.
If you are really into lasers, you'll be OK with the wait.
If you just wanted the latest toy NOW...you should just go shop at Toys-R-Us and by a really cool LED flashlight.

Their latest internet sensation caught them a little off guard with demand, brought out panic from whiners and people that aren't good at managing their personal email.
;-)

If you pay, you will get your product......just not overnight.
I bought the Artic. I recieved it after a several month wait.
It's kinda cool, but nothing to lose sleep over.

::shrug:::
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I have no problem with waiting. My PSL build took Jim Fuller almost a year to the day to complete due to demand, for example.

It's when I cancel an order, receive confirmation via email of the cancellation and then don't see my money (nor a reply to multiple emails and service tickets) for months on end that I tend to get a little bit pissed off.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have no problem with waiting. My PSL build took Jim Fuller almost a year to the day to complete due to demand, for example.

It's when I cancel an order, receive confirmation via email of the cancellation and then don't see my money (nor a reply to multiple emails and service tickets) for months on end that I tend to get a little bit pissed off.

Then you are in the minority of people that didn't get a refund in a reasonable time.
In spite of the "internet bad ass, I told WL to fuck off and give me a refund NOW" group, I found courtesy and tact to be effective in communication with them while waiting for my stuff.

Those are real people on the other end of the internet ya know..
In another country. And they don't spend time in GD looking for who they should, or shouldn't "cower down" to.
;-)

Link Posted: 10/6/2010 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Allrightythen. Gonna pull the trigger on a death ray.

I can't stand waiting, but I guess I have no other options.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Then you are in the minority of people that didn't get a refund in a reasonable time.

In spite of the "internet bad ass, I told WL to fuck off and give me a refund NOW" group, I found courtesy and tact to be effective in communication with them while waiting for my stuff.

Those are real people on the other end of the internet ya know..

In another country. And they don't spend time in GD looking for who they should, or shouldn't "cower down" to.

;-)

Your sarcasm meter is in need of calibration.

All I can speak on is my own experience with the company. The OP asked for experiences/opinions. I simply shared mine.

If they don't want bad press, then they should get their shit wired tighter.

*shrug*

Link Posted: 10/6/2010 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#16]
What "safety features"?
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I got my artic monday.  it is cool, i ordered in june.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I read mixed reviews so I didn't order one. Plus I wasn't sure what to do once I had it, I didn't feel like blinding any pilots or anything. It's just one of those cool things to have.
Link Posted: 10/7/2010 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#20]
My tracking number is now working. Says that it's been delivered to Customs in Alabama.

After reading the thread, I'm hoping that the extra goggles, lens cleaning kit, extra lenses, extra battery and other goodies I ordered will arrive with the laser unit itself. Sounds like Wicked is having trouble supplying the extra items.

What a headache this whole thing has turned out to be.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top