Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2001 8:15:09 AM EDT
Shopping scope for my new Remington 700PSS, $ is not a issue, want ot hear your options. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:47:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell, if money is no option, get a Leupold Mk4.

That'll be about $1100.

If that too much scope for you, Leupold VariXIIIs can be had for around $500, and they work fine.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm glad $ is not an issue for someone.
HKocher is correct.
 Now, do you need the 10 or 16x?
 How about some of these "Bob Bitchin'" mounts and 30MM rings for only an additional $X00.00?
Of course, we carry the additional sunshades that can be stacked into next week, and, let's not forget about those Butler Creek flip-up scope covers (mounted sideways and flat-blacked on the inside to avoid flashing your whereabouts).  Don't forget the Tennebrax(sp.) killflash device to keep your scope from giving you away, also. I'm sure I've forgotten something.  OH!  The Variable power spotting scope; lens pen; scope protector with "L" logo, and, last, but, not least, the Leupold cap to wear backwards when your shooting so everyone knows YOU know your stuff!  They don't call it the Golden Ring for nothin'!
MAN, DO I LOVE TO SPEND OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy a zeiss or a khales-awesome optical clairity. Or opt for a leuopold (tactical 4-14x w/ mil dot reticle). Get a real pro to set you up with a quality install job. Then go and shoot your buns off and preferably w/ a shooting coach(ie-real good buddy) for the next 3 months! Then you will finally relaize the true worth of your investment! BTW, never needed anything more than 14x, except for a spotting scope.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Even though I have a Leupold Mk4 on my Blaser R93 LRS and love that scope, there are plenty of other options. I have a Rem PSS I bought at a gun show about 8 months ago. Still haven't scoped it (or fired it).

On my PSS I'm probably going to go with a Springfield Government Model (the latest gen. with sun shade etc) or maybe a Bausch & Lomb or Pentax.... or maybe a Vari X III.

I know I'll get flamed but I think the MK IV is too much scope for a Rem PSS. The MK IV belongs on a more accurate rifle in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's my opinion.

Buy a Nightforce NXS. I'd suggest a 3.5-15X56. You can have your choice of reticles: mil-dot, thin crosshair with 2MOA hash marks, etc. You'll get 110MOA of elevation adjustment and 65MOA of windage. It also has a lighted reticle for low light. It has a side focus turret instead of an adjut. objective. These scope are rated for .50BMG rifles and will survive 1500 G's both positve and negative. If you decide you don't like your reticle and want a different one, Lightforce USA will switch it for you ($50.00 or so I think).

I bought a 5.5-22X56 NXS and I love it. Go to www.scopeusout.com, they have the best prices in the country for Nightforce. The 3.5-15 is around $1150.00, or there abouts. Put Nightforce tapered bases (75.00) and add 20 MOA to your adjustment range. Buy Luepold quick detach rings and lap them so you don't put ring marks on your scope or cause it to bend.

Check out the link below.

http://www.lightforceusa.com/nightforce/
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
On my PSS I'm probably going to go with a Springfield Government Model (the latest gen. with sun shade etc) or maybe a Bausch & Lomb or Pentax.... or maybe a Vari X III.

I know I'll get flamed but I think the MK IV is too much scope for a Rem PSS. The MK IV belongs on a more accurate rifle in my opinion.
View Quote

That's a good point.  Putting a $1100 scope on a $700 rifle does seem a bit silly.

I had a SA govt. for my PSS (I couldn't afford the MK4 at the time) and had no complaints, other than it was to friggen heavy.  But I guess that's my fault for picking the biggest damn scope (6-20x56) that I could afford.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Common practice among professional marksmen is spending more money on glass than steel.  Mk4 M1 16 is the most proven optic there is.  Shooting 2" groups at 500 yds with GM308M out of a box-stock LTR is common.  NSX glass may prove reliable over time.  If price is no object look at US Optics new SN9.

Arock out.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#9]
[url]www.usoptics.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Saw a USMC M40A1 Riflescope sell at US Optices  for $2500. Is this scope really wortrh that much?
www.usoptics.com/M40A1riflescope.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top