Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/11/2010 11:38:48 AM EDT
The original post is below, but I had to update it once again to say that the company is a joke. I have called, emailed, and left voice mail many times over the last 3 months for my regional representative Jeff Jira and his boss, George Lezon who is the big man in CA. Long story short I am $4,300 out of pocket, 22 days without my vehicle, 2-3 days away from work, and countless hours on the road...yet my truck still has adhesion issues and more to come no doubt. Corporate has done NOTHING for me thus far. Now that it is actually showing up in the bed it falls under their supposed warranty. We'll see how it goes. I filed petition in small claims court against the original location for all of my original receipt money back. I am still out of pocket on the repairs. Get this, the sprayer at this shop is a grunt for the leading shop that has been performing the repairs. He does NOT serve in this capacity at this location and has ZERO certification.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-
I'm finally foing.

Can't find a link now, but I know CMMG has a fancied up truck...anyone else? Pics?

My pics will be up in about a week or less. Gonna have the shop tied up for at least 5 days getting some Xtra shot down. Here is a dated shot of the before, excluding the new wheels, tires, and a lots of go fast parts. She's also sporting a BFL and 5.56 Inside vinyl on the back glass.

Here's a link to some cool Line-X pics: http://www.linexfortworthtexas.com/photogallery.htm
Here's my gallery: http://s493.photobucket.com/albums/rr296/JackalAR/Trucks/

UPDATE: Long story short, another $1,500 work and 22 days away from home, new texture and 2 more coats of black kevlar topcoat. Put some new lighting in as well.

BULLETPROOF
"Hurst Equipped"
2001 F-150 XLT 4x4
- 4.6L PI Romeo 5-Speed
Mods:
- Full Body Line-X Xtra
- SCT Xcal2 (Dyno Tuned)
- P&P TB / Elbow / Manifold
- WMS Velocity Tube (Ceramic Coated, K&N, Chopped Airbox)
- Custom Stainless Longtubes, Magnaflow Spun-Cats, Dynomax Race Bullet
- Ford Racing 4.10's w/ Cobra LSD
- Pro Comp X-A/T 305/65R17's
- T.P. E-Fans & Pulleys w/ Gatorback
- Denso Iridium Plugs
- Hard Anodized Plug Threads
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Where's the line-x you got crazy with?

My bumpers on my Tacoma are starting to flake chrome. I think I'm gunna sand blast them and have them line-x'ed
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Line-x is junk..fades and looks like shit in 6 months...Check out any truck bed in the parking lot near you and see what I mean. It won't protect against dents and promotes rust...remember they DA your whole truck bed to get it to adhere..
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#3]
RIF
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Line-x is junk..fades and looks like shit in 6 months...Check out any truck bed in the parking lot near you and see what I mean. It won't protect against dents and promotes rust...remember they DA your whole truck bed to get it to adhere..

Sorry bud, but you know not of what you speak.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]
when I had my full sized chevy, I had the bed done in line-x. lasted years, no rust, no fade, was tough as nails.

As with all things, YMMV

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You really do not know what you are talking about. The crap you buy in the store is junk and does fade without applying constant uv protection. Line-x is far superior. Any plastic will fade in UV over time. This shit is bomb proof!!!! http://www.paxcon.com/user_pages/home_0.shtml?page=Home
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to agree, My truck has been Line-Xed for 2 years now and still looks great.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. 05 dodge line-xed in 05 still looks great.

And any spray on bedliner has to have the surface roughed up. It's not like it's a unique requirement or anything
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#9]
...and ya'll are talking about standard black Line-X correct? This shit is different...Line-X Xtra with kevlar micro pulp = WIN

Lifetime guaranteed all across the country to NEVER lose it's glossiness.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I will admit, my Line-X bedliner has faded in color from black to a dark charcoal gray, but it has done a great
job of protecting my bed and I would buy it again for any new truck without hesitation. Mine was sprayed
7 years ago and is still tough as nails and looks great.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah,  after 38 fucking years in the truck and performance aftermarket  I don't HAVE A CLUE....

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will admit, my Line-X bedliner has faded in color from black to a dark charcoal gray, but it has done a great
job of protecting my bed and I would buy it again for any new truck without hesitation. Mine was sprayed

I have seen this with my own eyes...however this is unpossible with Xtra.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah,  after 38 fucking years in the truck and performance aftermarket  I don't HAVE A CLUE....

Old people are funny when they get mad. You Rhino line that walker yet ol chap?
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Old people are funny when they get mad. You Rhino line that walker yet ol chap?

So now the truth comes out, ..someone with no experience..

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Another vote for "anyone who thinks linex is crap obviously hasn't owned it"

We used to get all of our UTV's sprayed with the stuff, and it really stands the abuse.

Also, how the hell can scuffing clearcoat to promote adhesion damage the corrosion resistance?

Its not like they are cutting through the clear, and if they did, linex is a membrane that seals against moisture.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup. 05 dodge line-xed in 05 still looks great.

And any spray on bedliner has to have the surface roughed up. It's not like it's a unique requirement or anything

As yet another happy Line-X customer, I have to agree with yall.  Usually, the only people that I find bashing Line-X like that are people that sell the competitors' products.

I had the bed sprayed on my 05 Chevy Colorado, and it still looks great.  In the 2002 Wranger I had before my truck, I had a custom speaker box that held 2 12" Subs that was coated in Line-X instead of being carpeted.  

Now, my brother in law went a lot crazier with Line-X on two of his previous vehicles.  He had a Jeep Wranger that he ripped out all the carpet and had the whole tub coated in Line-X.  He also had a set of Pro Comp off road light that he sanded the chrome off the back sides of and had them coated also.  Then he had a Ranger on which he  coated the fiberglass tonneau cover.  Before the had the cover sprayed, he took sheets of the foam rubber that had the adhesive strips on the back side and cut out a tribal style pattern to put on the top of the cover.  He then had the cover sprayed which gave it a raised tribal graphic on the top of the cover.

The speaker box that I had was originally his.  On the top of the box, he used the same foam rubber to make a copy of the Line-X logo so that box had a raised logo built into the coating.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in regards to Line-X it seems
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Also, how the hell can scuffing clearcoat to promote adhesion damage the corrosion resistance?

Its not like they are cutting through the clear, .

You can bring that bitch down to bare metal and it woud not matter. As long as you spray it before you let it sit in the weather it dont matter.. How he thinks LineX promotes rust is beyond me.. Maybe with his 38 years experience with it, he can explain WTF he is talking about.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Yea, I would like to have my custom speaker box, which in and of itself is a true work of art if I must say so myself, sprayed too, but there will be so much of the shit when it's done I don't want it on the inside too. I also spent a shit ton on OEM carpeting for the box.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive seen the typical stuff:
Entire vehicles coated in the stuff
bumpers.step sides
rocker panels
gun stocks

Nothing too crazy, Just keep it off your hootus
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#21]
we have it in on our farm truck, has stood up to everything including rolls of barbed wire thrown on it. has faded a little but I didn't buy it for it's looks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#22]
There's some folks who use it to line the engine compartment of air cooled VW's, and they swear by it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#23]
When I had my TJ, I had the entire interior and rollcage sprayed.  It was one of the best things I could have done.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I've had it in my truck for 8 years.  No problem.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There's some folks who use it to line the engine compartment of air cooled VW's, and they swear by it.

ive seen guys coat the bottoms of their boats with it. Holds up great to the oil and gas but its alot heavier than traditional paint or gel.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  The bed of my truck was sprayed 9 yrs ago.  Yes, it doesn't have the shiney finish anymore, but who cares?  Certainly not me.  It's in the bed of my truck, protects the metal and works great.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
bumpers.step sides
rocker panels
gun stocks

ETA: Nevermind.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  The bed of my truck was sprayed 9 yrs ago.  Yes, it doesn't have the shiney finish anymore, but who cares?  Certainly not me.  It's in the bed of my truck, protects the metal and works great.

This can be "corrected".
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

bumpers.step sides

rocker panels

gun stocks

Wow I learned something new today. How did I miss that over there?

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have a plastic liner in the bed of my truck that I'm really happy with. Yes, it may scrape the paint over many years in certain contact points, but I'm never taking it out so I don't care. The nice thing about the plastic liners is that your can chunk stuff in the back with the worry of denting it like you would with Line-X. Granted, this is a minor concern to most people. The Line-X stuff looks great though and I went round and round for a couple of days deciding on the pros and cons.

The ARFCOM way would dictate you to get both. Line-X it, then put in the plastic liner
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#32]
there is a bike builder in my town that did a chopper with that stuff. pretty neat looking. i had it on the bottom of a bass tracker that i left in the lake all year, held up great and didnt leak or peel. pretty good stuff in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Fail.

Color Matched Line-X Xtra Rocker Panels and Flare and just for the OP's peace of mind these were done at Line-X of Fort Worth.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#34]
You can never use to much
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I have the bed in my Tacoma Line-x'd, love it.  It does fade but doesn't affect it otherwise.  I had the inside of my truck toolbox Line-x'd as well

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#36]
buddy of mine used this stuff on a free float tube for his AR.... worked pretty well....

but why not just spray down the whole truck?
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Saw a local jeep that had all the seats and in stuff removed, then the interior 1/2 sprayed down.  Dude said is was great for off road since his shoes could get a grip, and afterwards at the carwash was a breeze.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I've got the rocker panels on my truck Rhino lined. Best money I've ever spent on a vehicle.

I really don't have a preference between Rhino and Line-X, but Rhino tends to be cheaper.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Saw a local jeep that had all the seats and in stuff removed, then the interior 1/2 sprayed down. Dude said is was great for off road since his shoes could get a grip, and afterwards at the carwash was a breeze.

That is why my brother in law did his Jeep that way.  After offroading, he would pull the drain plugs in the floor and wash down the tub.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#41]
IMO, I think the long-standing Line-X/Rhino Liner/Herculiner debate should be settled once and for all... thusly:

Which one will bond a man's "Hootus" to other inconvenient parts of his anatomy the longest?
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Rhino, Superior, Linex, etc.  I have had experience with all in a fleet application.  They all peel and fade if you have a large enough sample size.  It may have more to do with the install than the product, but they are priced too high for what you are getting.  

I had two show trucks done, one with Linex, one with Rhino.  Both faded substantially within a year.  Our local Rhino dealer sprayed an entire Ford Ranger body with product.  They hide it in the back lot because it has faded so badly.  

I hate the whiney dealers.  They promise you the moon and stars, until you have a warranty issue.  I had a tailgate peel off in one continuous sheet, the worst install ever.  The dealer whined like a little bitch.

I am done with them.  I used a Raptor product, and sprayed it in myself on the last truck I built.  $120 and it is color-match tinted.  Even if I have to respray it, I will be able to do it 3 more times before I am in the Rhino/Linex price range.  

Would I put any of these products on a rifle?  Hell fucking no.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fail.

Color Matched Line-X Xtra Rocker Panels and Flare and just for the OP's peace of mind these were done at Line-X of Fort Worth.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/mordifie/4-6-09019.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/mordifie/Stuff018.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/mordifie/4-6-09034.jpg

Nice...yea I was seriously going to head to Ft. Worth to have "Truckgasm" work his magic, but it just never works out. Been talking about it with him for YEARS. He said he doesn't like to touch wheels though...which may or may not be of any concern.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
http://i44.tinypic.com/20jn6es.jpg

Yours? BADASS...Xtra or Nason?
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Rhino, Superior, Linex, etc.  I have had experience with all in a fleet application.  They all peel and fade if you have a large enough sample size.  It may have more to do with the install than the product, but they are priced too high for what you are getting.  

I had two show trucks done, one with Linex, one with Rhino.  Both faded substantially within a year.  Our local Rhino dealer sprayed an entire Ford Ranger body with product.  They hide it in the back lot because it has faded so badly.  

I hate the whiney dealers.  They promise you the moon and stars, until you have a warranty issue.  I had a tailgate peel off in one continuous sheet, the worst install ever.  The dealer whined like a little bitch.

I am done with them.  I used a Raptor product, and sprayed it in myself on the last truck I built.  $120 and it is color-match tinted.  Even if I have to respray it, I will be able to do it 3 more times before I am in the Rhino/Linex price range.  

Would I put any of these products on a rifle?  Hell fucking no.

It is all in the install, and with Line-X I'm not tied to any one dealer. Believe I can take it anywhere I choose.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i44.tinypic.com/20jn6es.jpg

Yours? BADASS...Xtra or Nason?

Not mine, just an interweb photo
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said it.

My Line-X is in MINT condition, going on 6 years now, 3.5 of which have been in the constant sun of the desert here in western Colorado.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Here's a picture of the FJ60 I used to own. The sprayed on liner was about 3 yrs old in that picture. Should not have ever sold it.

BTW- oil spots were from an old E30 BMW I had.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#49]
was the first major option purchase I made for my new truck last year. Best $500 you can spend on your truck. Tough as nails, no rusting or scratches and looks great. Lifetime warranty to boot.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here's a picture of the FJ60 I used to own. The sprayed on liner was about 3 yrs old in that picture. Should not have ever sold it.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7874/img1835zi.jpg

BTW- oil spots were from an old E30 BMW I had.

You fool, that was a rig you had there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top