Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/8/2010 12:14:24 PM EDT
<minor rant>

Why the hell are they sending out letters telling people that they will be getting a letter with the census form in it? A simple "This is your census form" note, in big black  letters, with the actual census form would be too confusing?  No let's just send out tens of millions of extra pieces of paper for no reason; after all it's not their money the census folks are spending...

</minor rant>

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wait.

You'll get another with "Three days from now....."
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Might be double checking addresses.  If it comes back as undeliverable they send out the Census SWAT team to track you down.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Might be double checking addresses.  If it comes back as undeliverable they send out the Census SWAT team to track you down.

Like they don't have a valid addresss on file from, say, the IRS
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This what pisses me off. They get an accurate picture of legal Americans EVERY fucking year with the IRS.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
subsidizing the post office
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might be double checking addresses. If it comes back as undeliverable they send out the Census SWAT team to track you down.

This what pisses me off. They get an accurate picture of legal Americans EVERY fucking year with the IRS.

Egg-fucking-zakly!
Why do they need to collect info on the non taxpaying anyways? Oh yeah, so they know who to send OUR taxes to and to create new voter power base lists.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

<minor rant>

Why the hell are they sending out letters telling people that they will be getting a letter with the census form in it? A simple "This is your census form" note, in big black  letters, with the actual census form would be too confusing?  No let's just send out tens of millions of extra pieces of paper for no reason; after all it's not their money the census folks are spending...

http://www.chernicoff.com/images/census.JPG

</minor rant>

Haha the missus and I were just talking about that today!

Nevermind the Superbowl ad...

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Let us not forget the Superbowl commercial...or the constant bombardment on the radio and TV...hell of a waste of money we dont have yet again...
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Let us not forget the Superbowl commercial...or the constant bombardment on the radio and TV...hell of a waste of money we dont have yet again...
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought the exact same thing when I just got my mail. pissed me off.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#13]
The constitution requires the enumeration every ten years... so raid the IRS DB's every ten fucking years and save the pain and waste of sending dipshits out every ten years to steal SSN's.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I got the exact letter today.  That's just our tax dollars hard at work.

We should all be researching candidates for the upcoming November elections right now and finding out who we agree with.  Then get out and campaign to get them elected.  Even with our screwed up system it's all we can do.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Just opened mine a couple of hours ago  

Quoted:
I got the exact letter today.  That's just our tax dollars hard at work.

We should all be researching candidates for the upcoming November elections right now and finding out who we agree with.  Then get out and campaign to get them elected.  Even with our screwed up system it's all we can do.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#16]
got mine today...thought pretty much the same..."how many millions are being wasted on sending out these letters."
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Holy shit, a quad tap from fosters!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Just picked up the mail, yep, I had one too. Fucking waste of fucking money
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy crap,  I think only arfcom members got the notice today.  I think they have plans for us.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Got mine today too and I said the exact same words.  What a waste of money.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#21]
got mine too...hmm....
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#22]
mine came today what a waste of $0.41
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I already knew the waste of money going into this so when I got mine today I just started wonder how much I would fill out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got through showing the letter to my son about 5 minutes ago and ranting about how wasteful the gov is.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Got mine, gave it to the wife, she proclaimed it a waste of time and money, and my 1 year old took it to the trash.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#26]
"Fair Share"

There is no such thing fuckers.. You can take your fair share bullshit and shove it..  
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#27]

I got that today as well, what a waste.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#28]
deleted pic
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I got that letter a few weeks ago and thought it was a stupid waste of money too.  Then last week and elderly couple stopped by the house and hand delivered the census form.  

My JRT scared the hell out of the poor woman!  I told her the dog was just doing her job. We live out in the sticks, and nobody ever comes up to the house without the dog doing nuts!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Amazing.  I said the same thing to the hubby when I read the letter ten minutes ago, opened ARFCOM, and found this thread.

Great minds think alike...
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#31]
LMAO!!! I got that letter today and was going to post it up on ARFCOM... damn you DavidC, you beat me to it!
Yea, EFFICIENCY at its finest.
And these assclowns think they can run the healthcare industry?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I just got one of those today too. Should I hide my cats? Am I going to be shot if I refuse to answer their stupid questions??
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Write how many people live in your house and send it back.

GM
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#34]
I also got one of these today. I had to wonder how much of my tax dollars were wasted sending this crap out?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#35]
     Of course you know,

That letter only went to arfcom'rs
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Got the same trash today.

It's actually the paper I used to surround the stencils I used when refinishing my ammo cans earlier this evening.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I got mine, too.

And when the full census form arrives, I intend to mark it "1 adult" and....

FUCK OBAMA!

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nope won't go back
I got mine and it Me or current resident

What a waste
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point, never thought of it that way before.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The constitution requires the enumeration every ten years... so raid the IRS DB's every ten fucking years and save the pain and waste of sending dipshits out every ten years to steal SSN's.

Not everyone pays taxes or files a return.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Got mine, gave it to the wife, she proclaimed it a waste of time and money, and my 1 year old took it to the trash.

It's bad for the environment too.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

"If we didn't have the census, we wouldn't know how many teachers/stop lights/air raid sirens/traffic cops/mounted walrus patrols/ACORN offices/etc. to have, cause your town is too fucking stupid to figure that shit out!"

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#43]
SO if I live in a van by the river on 4-1 could I  answer it accordingly

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
"Fair Share"

There is no such thing fuckers.. You can take your fair share bullshit and shove it..  

I got mine today and that is almost word for word what I said.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#45]
I got that in the mail today and made the same rant about it to my wife.

If they are so worried about co2 why the fuck are they cutting down trees to waste paper.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#46]
This pisses me off!

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Got mine today too, fucking waste of money. And the postal service says it's loosing money, and they go and do something like this.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#49]
I like how they appeal to your sense of greed, "your fair share of government funds."

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#50]
I told my wife the exact thing.  "Here's a letter to tell you that you are getting a letter".....idiots!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top