Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 7/2/2017 7:12:11 PM EDT
This is the only film I'm looking forward to this summer.

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks pretty good
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be going.  Looks to be right up my alley.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm usually a Flix Brewhouse or Alamo Drafthouse kind of guy, but I may have to go to IMAX to see this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Kenneth Branagh usually can be trusted to not fuck up a good story, so I may actually go see this one in the theater.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll have to wait until I get back to the states in the fall
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Kodi and exodus.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I need to go just to piss off some lefties.
I hope it kicks ass in the box office.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]
really looking forward to it but am I the only one who cringed when I saw Hans Zimmer on the credit roll? I felt that his scores totally overpowered and ruined The Dark Knight.  I rarely notice a composer or score but I remember seeing the movie in theaters and feeling that the music was lording over the whole movie, making dialogue unlistenable, and fucking up the pacing of every scene. I thought maybe it was just the theater until I watched it again on streaming and it was mixed exactly the same.

hoping that Nolan tones down what I felt was a very distracting influence on some of his recent partnerships with Zimmer
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't go to theaters anymore, but I would be tempted to see Dunkirk in the theater.

Explanation:  In-Laws bought us a 55in 4K TV as a housewarming gift, it's cheaper to pay Amazon Prime $9 to rent or $19 to buy a streaming movie than pay $45 to get my family in the theater, snacks are cheaper at home, I can go pee without missing anything thanks to the ability to hit Pause, and unlike my local theaters my house does not have fleas.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
really looking forward to it but am I the only one who cringed when I saw Hans Zimmer on the credit roll? I felt that his scores totally overpowered and ruined The Dark Knight.  I rarely notice a composer or score but I remember seeing the movie in theaters and feeling that the music was lording over the whole movie, making dialogue unlistenable, and fucking up the pacing of every scene. I thought maybe it was just the theater until I watched it again on streaming and it was mixed exactly the same.

hoping that Nolan tones down what I felt was a very distracting influence on some of his recent partnerships with Zimmer
View Quote
Previews look promising especially the Enfield pron
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Will watch.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to give them my money. I guess that being in the midst of the 100th anniversary of The First World War, it would be asking too much to have some stories of that war put on film.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll definitely see it. I heard on WBAL that the SJW were upset because there are too many white people in it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah same here I'm excited to see this as well.

I have to wonder why they have cillian murphy playing the coward and not harry stiles though?

I hope England survives Dunkirk, goes on to defeat Germany and their future citizens champion gun rights!
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have to wonder why they have cillian murphy playing the coward and not harry stiles though?

I hope England survives Dunkirk, goes on to defeat Germany and their future citizens champion gun rights!
View Quote
I think Cillian Murphy is an excellent actor
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm looking forward to this trip to the theater.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Any Nolan is an instant watch for me now.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#19]
My son and I are going IMAX for this.  He has been talking about this movie since he first saw the preview.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'll definitely see it. I heard on WBAL that the SJW were upset because there are too many white people in it.
View Quote
but a lot of those white people get killed, so it's like dividing by zero for the SJWs...
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I intend to.

Not opening weekend though. I never see anything on opening weekend.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Going to see it in theater.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Will definitely see it in the theater.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#24]
It's been a while since I've been to the cinema so I'll probably see it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Any Nolan is an instant watch for me now.
View Quote
have you seen Following or Memento? Great movies from Nolan's early work.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#26]
The Mrs wants to go. So it's possible.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#27]
FUCK THE Movie Theater.  DVD at Home, yes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#28]
I've wanted to see it since I heard about it months ago on arfcom. Wife saw a preview in the theatre and wants to see it. Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, one of the best working in the movie business today - watch peaky blinders if you haven't already
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I plan on seeing it with the wife. This is the type of movie I want to reward them for making.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm not sure Dunkirk is a British success as much as it is a German failure.

I liken it to Apollo 13. Just when everyone thought they were doomed, they pulled off a mini miracle. Although, they didn't save themselves like our Apollo 13 guys did (with help.)

I'll watch it. Looks good.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't go to theaters anymore, but I would be tempted to see Dunkirk in the theater.

Explanation:  In-Laws bought us a 55in 4K TV as a housewarming gift, it's cheaper to pay Amazon Prime $9 to rent or $19 to buy a streaming movie than pay $45 to get my family in the theater, snacks are cheaper at home, I can go pee without missing anything thanks to the ability to hit Pause, and unlike my local theaters my house does not have fleas.
View Quote
55",,what is that for ? The guest bath or something ?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#33]
We will see it in the theater.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hahaha, it doesn't measure up to a 65" or 75", but for our house it works. Our living room isn't very big.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
really looking forward to it but am I the only one who cringed when I saw Hans Zimmer on the credit roll? I felt that his scores totally overpowered and ruined The Dark Knight. I rarely notice a composer or score but I remember seeing the movie in theaters and feeling that the music was lording over the whole movie, making dialogue unlistenable, and fucking up the pacing of every scene. 
View Quote
???????????????????

The Dark Knight - Garage scene HD

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Part of the reason I like Interstellar so much is due to Zimmer's work with it.

As for Dunkirk, don't know if I will get the chance but I would like to see it in the theater if I can.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

hahaha, it doesn't measure up to a 65" or 75", but for our house it works. Our living room isn't very big.
View Quote
My living room is tiny, I have a 73" in it though
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes, I will.  We needed a good movie about the Miracle of The Little Boats!
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think my biggest is a 55."  It's Big enough when you're only about 10' back. :/
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#40]
I will be seeing it.

X 1000 internets if you wear one of these into the movie.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why yes. You are the only one.
Try watching it again at home. Sounds like you had a shitty audio experience at that theater.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Even though I've never had an interest in one, should I be buying a Lee-Enfield right now as the prices will probably double after this movie comes out, similar to the price of WWII era M1 helmets after Saving Private Ryan hit the theaters. What model SMLE would be the correct one for that era, anyone know?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Meh.  Probably not.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll def watch it, idk about in theaters...

The pull out from Europe. Wouldn't be back for... years?

And only when Russia turned Germany around and would capture all of Europe if European militaries didn't strart actually fighting?

D-Day was mostly to deny the Russians from getting Europe while they were gone? lol
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#45]
YES
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I will be seeing it.

X 1000 internets if you wear one of these into the movie.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/139619/bb9000w--5-244476.jpg
View Quote
Double that if you carry your SMLE to the theater.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'll def watch it, idk about in theaters...

The pull out from Europe. Wouldn't be back for... years?

And only when Russia turned Germany around and would capture all of Europe if European militaries didn't strart actually fighting?

D-Day was mostly to deny the Russians from getting Europe while they were gone? lol
View Quote
I think you're forgetting the entire North Africa campaign somewhere in there.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Try watching it again at home. Sounds like you had a shitty audio experience at that theater.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
really looking forward to it but am I the only one who cringed when I saw Hans Zimmer on the credit roll? I felt that his scores totally overpowered and ruined The Dark Knight. I rarely notice a composer or score but I remember seeing the movie in theaters and feeling that the music was lording over the whole movie, making dialogue unlistenable, and fucking up the pacing of every scene. I thought maybe it was just the theater until I watched it again on streaming and it was mixed exactly the same.

If the soundtrack overpowers dialogue, that's the fault of the sound editor, not the composer.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Even though I've never had an interest in one, should I be buying a Lee-Enfield right now as the prices will probably double after this movie comes out, similar to the price of WWII era M1 helmets after Saving Private Ryan hit the theaters. What model SMLE would be the correct one for that era, anyone know?
View Quote
No. 1 Mk III
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Number 4 Mark 1

There might have been a few Number 1 Mark 3s but most of those would have been wire wrapped and used as dedicated rifle grenade launchers af that point.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top