Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/23/2016 6:08:57 PM EDT
Does anyone make a legit 80% DIAS?  I want to hand them out at the next gun show.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone make a legit 80% DIAS?  I want to hand them out at the next gun show.  
View Quote

This is totally not the ATF. I would like to supply you with the material. Please send your name and address. Again, this is absolutely not the ATF.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear Shotgun News use to be a popular place to buy such items.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Could you print one on a 3D Printer?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is totally not the ATF. I would like to supply you with the material. Please send your name and address. Again, this is absolutely not the ATF.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Here you go.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]

No no, something more like this...

Only perhaps requiring a little more cutting than that one would, so that it isn't so close to complete.  And in the shape of a business card.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Japanese proverb

The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Japanese proverb

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Japanese proverb

lol
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Japanese proverb

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Japanese proverb

Ironic response, given your screen name...

I am asking simply if there is a legitimate source for 80% DIAS or LL kits, which are not firearms (just like 80% lowers), presumably used by FFL/SOT guys to manufacture post samples.  I would like to give these away at a gun show.  It would, legally speaking, be no different than giving away 80% lowers.  Which is effectively giving away paperweights.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No no, something more like this...http://i.imgur.com/VL9pu5M.jpg

Only perhaps requiring a little more cutting than that one would, so that it isn't so close to complete.  And in the shape of a business card.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You know... it would be an interesting project if someone put that pattern on a PDF printable on 8x11 paper.

JUST SAYING, YOU KNOW FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the idea
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You know... it would be an interesting project if someone put that pattern on a PDF printable on 8x11 paper.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#15]
You should put your company name on these 80% lighting links.

Spite's Tactical.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#16]
NFA is not the same as title 1. There is no 80% in the NFA world. It either is or is not.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You should put your company name on these 80% lighting links.

Spite's Tactical.
View Quote

It is Rearden Armament, actually.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
NFA is not the same as title 1. There is no 80% in the NFA world. It either is or is not.
View Quote

True.  So at what point is it a DIAS or LL?  When you own a piece of sheet metal?  When the sheet metal has a design sketched on it?  When half that design is machined out?

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Can't you just wink and hand out shoe strings?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

So it's no different than title one firearms.  They are either classified as a firearm or they aren't.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe you could have them laser cut to scale in thin stainless like a drafting shield. Then the template could be used to scribe the LL while the template itself would be unusable as a LL. Or die cut from card stock or plastic. Any material that could be a pattern but not usable in itself.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

True.  So at what point is it a DIAS or LL?  When you own a piece of sheet metal?  When the sheet metal has a design sketched on it?  When half that design is machined out?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Logic says that if it does not in its current form make a firearm fire more than one shot per pull of the trigger, it should be fine.

I think the problem will be with the NFA wording about "readily convertible"

Dont know that ATF has ever "deemed' to draw the line on that for us.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, it's out there.

But if the website has a ".gov" extension, keep scrolling.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Japanese proverb

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Japanese proverb

The nail that sticks out gets tentacle poop hammered.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I am asking simply if there is a legitimate source for 80% DIAS or LL kits, which are not firearms (just like 80% lowers), presumably used by FFL/SOT guys to manufacture post samples.  I would like to give these away at a gun show.  It would, legally speaking, be no different than giving away 80% lowers.  Which is effectively giving away paperweights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Japanese proverb

yeah sure that was your thread motive

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#27]
You could always send them a letter.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I was under the impression that one could own as many "lightning link"s as they wanted,just so long as there was no AR for them to go in. Under some decision,they're just pieces of metal unless near an AR-15. I have no idea if there has ever been a determination about which point these pieces of metal become illegal in formation.For example,would it be legal to have the outline of one printed on a metal business card or would the outline alone be "constructive intent"?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes there is if you know the right people.

Even then your looking at $120 shipped per unit.

The right people won't sell to you either.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Logic says that if it does not in its current form make a firearm fire more than one shot per pull of the trigger, it should be fine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps a letter to BATFE is in order?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#31]
With no intent, no rational person would be critical of this.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Could you print one on a 3D Printer?
View Quote

There are 3D printers that print titanium. So, yes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a whole bundle of them.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Japanese proverb

Pure genius.  I love it!
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I have seen 80 percent FSSGs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what i understand, if i tie a pink ribbon on a barrel an INTEND it to suppress the report of the rifle the ATF scum may come after me for an unregistered suppressor. Thats's assuming I'm not politically connected, a LEO, or other protected class.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I got an 80% Glock auto sear of sorts.

Then again, I'm an 07/02 so I'm not wetting the bed everytime some people talk about F/A parts.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Japanese proverb

What motive do you suppose I have sir?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#39]
"It was all I could stand to allow those babykilling assault rifles exist but now that they are easily convertible to machine guns they gotta go - some even have shockwave blades on them!"

-dems
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please explain ..................

I have an 80% Philadelphia Ordnance BAR receiver.

Can be machined to 100% and made into a Post Sample NFA weapon by a SOT with the proper licensing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#41]
In the 80's - 90's you could buy a sheet of paper at the gun show with the specs. on it for $5
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#42]
If Hillary wins then the "rule of law" becomes merely a suggestion.  That means the COC violation for discussing something illegal no longer applies.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#43]
So you attract the attention of the eye of Mordor.   What could go wrong ?

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Can be machined to 100% and made into a Post Sample NFA weapon by a SOT with the proper licensing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's both right and wrong.  There's no 80% in Title I firearms either. It's either a receiver or it's not.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#45]
mr. ATF  I lost all my firearms in a boating accident  and since then  I find all guns icky  ......
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Op is going to get loved tenderly
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He's both right and wrong.  There's no 80% in Title I firearms either. It's either a receiver or it's not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the truth .
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Japanese proverb

Isn't OP the guy who was selling grenades at gunshows?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#50]
You buy those 80% glock kits all day on line ain't cheap though
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top