Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 331
Posted: 11/21/2010 12:25:36 PM EDT
Ok, so this is a list of movies that are available for instant streaming from Netflix that all arfcom should have seen.  I'll start it off and everyone keep adding:

1.  HEAT
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sbhaven:
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 is now up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Sabotage
With Arnold Schwarzenegger lending his intimidating presence, this action drama tracks a crack team of DEA agents plotting their own heist.

30 for 30: Brian and the Boz
Former NFL linebacker Brian Bosworth remembers his promising football career and the boastful media persona that dragged him into a downward spiral.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else watched this yet?   Started watching it but haven't finished.

It's good from what I've watched so far, though it doesn't do the best job of describing wtf is going on at times.
(SUBTITLED)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2054790/

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Buzz69:

http://i.imgur.com/KT5AFQf.png
View Quote

I woke up and was going to binge watch on my ipad this morning.. but thought better of it, I'm off for the next 2 weeks
so I should pace myself
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RED_5:

I woke up and was going to binge watch on my ipad this morning.. but thought better of it, I'm off for the next 2 weeks
so I should pace myself
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

so I should pace myself

I will space it out over a week as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:20:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ridgerunner9876] [#7]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:

You owe me 90 minutes of my life back.  That wasn't hilarious.  It was barely even watchable.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP:
I can't remember if I posted it earlier (I searched), but
Tucker and Dale vs Evil was hilarious.

You owe me 90 minutes of my life back.  That wasn't hilarious.  It was barely even watchable.

You realize that that movie is probably the most mentioned one in this thread? Almost every mention is accompanied with praise for it.

You're the ONLY person who hasn't liked it.

+1 for Lilyhammer. Very enjoyable show.

Tried to watch John Dies at the End upon a recommendation from a friend who likes weird movies like Cabin in the Woods (which I enjoyed). But I just couldn't get through it. Kept waiting for it to get better.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:
... Netflix© movie recommendation of November, possibly the whole year - Nebraska (2013) Somewhat melancholy, but humorous, saddening and feel-good. Runs the full gamut of emotions. A movie everyone can watch, and perhaps everyone should. Bruce Dern’s finest acting. You’ll thank me later.
View Quote

Better than Silent Running?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:19:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tboy] [#9]

View Quote

Just finished.  Great entertainment.

ETA - I love Roy - for a little dorky looking guy, he's committed.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:44:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:

You realize that that movie is probably the most mentioned one in this thread? Almost every mention is accompanied with praise for it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP:
I can't remember if I posted it earlier (I searched), but
Tucker and Dale vs Evil was hilarious.

I watched about 1/3 of it a while back. Maybe I'll give it another chance, but....right now it is firmly in the category.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Sabotage
With Arnold Schwarzenegger lending his intimidating presence, this action drama tracks a crack team of DEA agents plotting their own heist.

View Quote

Watched this last night.. it's worthy of your time

also watched the first episode of Lilyhammer (new season)  good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#12]
The first season of The Almighty Johnsons is on there now I noticed. It's a good show from New Zealand about a family who are actually the avatars of Norse gods (more or less, mostly less at the moment) and was on Sci-Fi (I refuse to call it SyFy) not too long ago. Netflix is showing the unedited NZ version, so all the various and sundry ways to use the word fuck in sentence are left in...as well as some nice boobs in a few of the episodes.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I got my husband hooked on Longmire thanks to the recommendation of this thread.  Does the poor gun discipline and shotty police work bother anyone else?  It's like fingernails on the chalkboard to me to watch them running through the woods with their pistols out and finger on the trigger--not to mention the non existence of preservation of evidence.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: maggiethecat] [#14]
Found one last night. Helix. 1 season so far.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70286533?trkid=13462100
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
Sabotage

Okay, I am weak. Watched episode one last night, woke up this morning and watched up to episode 7.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Narco Cultura was pretty crazy documentary about the drug trade in Jaurez and the corridos which is a new-ish style of Mexican music that glorifies drug cartel lifestyle.

Definitely worth a watch. It's subtitled though, so if that offends you, don't bother.

Nebraska was shit. Not sure what the draw to that one was. Painfully slow and anticlimactic.

Inside Combat Rescue is awesome as well. Only 6 exisodes though. Follows special helicopter evac unit in Afghanistan. Intense footage.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PantherArms762:
Narco Cultura was pretty crazy documentary about the drug trade in Jaurez and the corridos which is a new-ish style of Mexican music that glorifies drug cartel lifestyle.

Definitely worth a watch. It's subtitled though, so if that offends you, don't bother.

Nebraska was shit. Not sure what the draw to that one was. Painfully slow and anticlimactic.

Inside Combat Rescue is awesome as well. Only 6 exisodes though. Follows special helicopter evac unit in Afghanistan. Intense footage.
View Quote

Hmm.  I enjoyed it a lot.  Different strokes I guess.  

I guess I just saw it for what it was as a story about a son who's disconnected to his dad, and comes closer to him in the process and his aging Dad gets a little happiness in his old age.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:07:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Laramie:

I guess I just saw it for what it was as a story about a son who's disconnected to his dad, and comes closer to him in the process and his aging Dad gets a little happiness in his old age.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Laramie:

I liked Nebraska as well, but I'm in to the quirky and understatedly humorous.

I liked "Broken Flowers" with Bill Murray.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Out of the Furnace is worth a watch.

Very good acting in it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Just starting Ken Burns The Dust Bowl
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
View Quote

Nobody makes documentaries like Ken Burns. All his are worth watching
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:18:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FudgieGhost1] [#22]
Carnage:  funny, yet pointed critique of modern day urbanites and how they think. . . very entertaining and illuminating. . . no car crashes, no explosions,--- it's a movie for grown ups.

Great cast:

Jody Foster

John C. Reilly

Christopher Waltz

Kate Winslet---who does a great American accent. . . .

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:10:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By maggiethecat:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By maggiethecat:

I give The Dust Bowl two thumbs up.  Favorite quote:  

"It is good to remember that the laws of the universe recognize no favorites and cherish no hostilities or small vindictiveness; that before sun and rain, stormy winds, or summers kind beneficence, we all stand upon one common level. " Caroline Henderson
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Like others have said; Blue Ruin is good.

A Hijacking came up as a suggested movie. It was also very good.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I got my husband hooked on Longmire thanks to the recommendation of this thread.  Does the poor gun discipline and shotty police work bother anyone else?  It's like fingernails on the chalkboard to me to watch them running through the woods with their pistols out and finger on the trigger--not to mention the non existence of preservation of evidence.
View Quote

Is the latest season out?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Intimate enemy.

It is subtitled, and it is about the French expedition into Algeria in 1959 to fight against the national liberation front.   Already saw a sweet looking Bren lmg in the opening battle.  Looks good so far.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I finally got around to watching 'Silver Linings Playbook.'  Pretty good flick.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:56:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By ontime1969:

Intimate enemy.

It is subtitled, and it is about the French expedition into Algeria in 1959 to fight against the national liberation front.   Already saw a sweet looking Bren lmg in the opening battle.  Looks good so far.
View Quote
I thought it was very good.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:06:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Rampage was complete shit. The movie was bad and they should feel bad.

Some Occutard wrote the script to that shitbag. I hope they get ass AIDS. They earned it.
View Quote

There is a sequel to it on Netflix now, called Rampage: Capital Punishment. It's even worse than the first one, and pushes the same agenda.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:30:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blade_Runner79] [#30]
I've watched this one a coupla times now, good stuff. What makes it even better for me is that I'm a chauffeur myself......

ETA The movie is Stretch. Every time I post a picture, it works for a day, then somehow the link fucking borks itself. Watch the movie, it's good shit.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I was enjoying Last Man Standing till last night

I watched the first episode of season 2.
they made some huge changes,
namely oldest daughter Kristin (Alexandra Krosney) was replaced by Amanda Fuller.
Amanda is not as good looking as Alex was, and now the character is a left leaning pos as is the father
of her child, who is now 5)  she doesn't fit in like Alex.

I was so put out by this, I actually went on-line trying to find out what/why Alexandra was no longer there.
seems I"m not alone.  not too many people were too pleased with the change(s)

I don't know that I'll continue with this show.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#32]

namely oldest daughter Kristin (Alexandra Krosney) was replaced by Amanda Fuller.
Amanda is not as good looking as Alex was, and now the character is a left leaning pos as is the father

I was so put out by this, I actually went on-line trying to find out what/why Alexandra was no longer there.

View Quote

Baby/bathwater. The show has been excellent all the way through and the left side is basically just a source of talking points.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Is that the really hot one? I've only seen a few episodes and it was okay, but if she's off the show I'll remove it from my "watch when I get bored enough" list.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By sleevefullofaces:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sleevefullofaces:
Intimate enemy.

I finished it and it was totally good and well worth it.  I was unaware of this conflict, and read up about it after the movie.  Algeria is very interesting, 10th largest country in the world, now islamic controled.  Glad I took the time to watch the movie.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:16:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Is that the really hot one? I've only seen a few episodes and it was okay, but if she's off the show I'll remove it from my "watch when I get bored enough" list.

View All Quotes

yep

this:

vs

this  

I wouldn't kick either out of bed, it's just that I had fallen in lust love with Alex
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Jim Jeffries has a couple of stand up comedy specials that just about had me pissing myself.  Definitely worth a watch.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:27:34 AM EDT
[#37]
I just watched "The Way Back"  Ed Harris, Colin Farrell and group escape from a Soviet labor camp in Siberia during WW2.  Not bad and probobly worth a watch.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#38]

yep

this:

http://www.mancrushes.com/sites/default/files/alexandra-krosney-last-man-standing-0.jpg

vs

this  

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/amanda1.jpg

I wouldn't kick either out of bed, it's just that I had fallen in lust love with Alex
View All Quotes

yep

this:

http://www.mancrushes.com/sites/default/files/alexandra-krosney-last-man-standing-0.jpg

vs

this  

I was talking about this one:

So she's still on the show?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#39]

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4875234/lastdckstanding-o.gif

View All Quotes

yep

this:

vs

this  

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4875234/lastdckstanding-o.gif

ohh yes

thats the middle daughter, Mandy (Molly Ephraim)
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but Sabotage with Ahhhhrnold Shwatezenegggerrerer was pretty good. Worth checking out. Nothing deep and meaningful but a good action flick.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but Sabotage with Ahhhhrnold Shwatezenegggerrerer was pretty good. Worth checking out. Nothing deep and meaningful but a good action flick.
View Quote

mentioned earlier in this thread, but thats okay.. was a good flick.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By sywagon:
Baby/bathwater. The show has been excellent all the way through and the left side is basically just a source of talking points.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sywagon:

Give it an episode or two for the show to get it's stride back and Tim Allen shines through the lib BS

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Good stuff coming up.

Anchroman 2, Sharknado 2 and season 3 of Bourdains Parts Unknown.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Good stuff coming up.

Anchroman 2, Sharknado 2 and season 3 of Bourdains Parts Unknown.
View Quote
And season three of American Horror Story. Yusssss!

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I just watched Everything or Nothing, and thought it was pretty good. It's a 007 documentary, but it's more about the history of the franchise itself and the people involved, rather than the actual films. I'm a pretty big Bond fan and I found it interesting and even a few new things.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#46]
I just watched "The Way Back"  Ed Harris, Colin Farrell and group escape from a Soviet labor camp in Siberia during WW2.  Not bad and probobly worth a watch.
View Quote

Read the book, it's a lot better. ( The movie was good )
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

I thought it was barely watchable.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. Well worth watching.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HK45USER:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HK45USER:

Aside from the unbelievably cheesy ending I liked it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:43:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rippleadder] [#50]
Originally Posted By BaronVonRiktoven:
Jim Jeffries has a couple of stand up comedy specials that just about had me pissing myself.  Definitely worth a watch.
View Quote

I pissed myself laughing at his live show all the way up to his 2nd amendment rant including bullshit statistics and liberal feels. I'm glad he lost his show on fx and I will never support him again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 331
Top Top