Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/2/2014 5:07:26 PM EDT
Bought a used Glock 19 gen2. shoots great, dim night sights, after a year decide to give it to the son-in-law for his birthday.
He's a good kid, takes good care of my daughter, treats her well, etc.
Pics of said gen2

Decided a trip to Glock was in order for the 2 necessary upgrades and new night sights - wanted to do it right.
Shipped it last Monday, got a call Wednesday, "Sir, the frame is cracked but we'll replace that along with all internals under warranty"
Arrived today. cue "it's beautiful" meme...

All in all, shipping it back to Glock included, I came out $44 ahead of buying a blue label gen4.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Finger grooves.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
In my experience, most sellers seem to think their old Glocks are made of gold.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Still ugly as hell.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess you buy new so you don't get a Glock with a cracked frame and shoot it for a year without knowing it has a cracked frame.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I would rather have the Gen 2 frame. The new ones are designed for someone else s hand
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess you buy new so you don't get a Glock with a cracked frame and shoot it for a year without knowing it has a cracked frame.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. A gen 1 G17 is not worth any more than a new one. Sellers think their gun is a collectible. Nope, its a Glock.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a Gen 3 now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Because Gen 4 works for me.  I don't give a damn what everyone else thinks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Used G19 is a very rare duck.  I bought the last one I saw and that was five years ago.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I came here to post that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have one I can't give away.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Last time I bought new it was a gen 4 23. 420, shipped.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Is a Glock with a cracked frame worth more?  

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Where was the frame cracked?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take it!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Rarely see used ones selling for the $400 you can buy a new one for
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This. A gen 1 G17 is not worth any more than a new one. Sellers think their gun is a collectible. Nope, its a Glock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just sold my Gen 1 17 for $550 + shipping, so apparently someone thinks they are.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I just sold my Gen 1 17 for $550 + shipping, so apparently someone thinks they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where are all these $400 new Glocks at? That's $40 under dealer cost.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Finger grooves.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Every time I see a glock for sale...

I see the seller trying to get a brand new price for it...

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Still worked though apparently
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I was at the Kittery Trading Post this weekend (a place not known for their reasonable prices, yet the inventory turn-over is crazy).

In their used Glock pile they had 2 G19 Gen 3s.

The first one was basically brand new and listed for $440.

The second one was slightly used with Trijicon HDs. Stippled thumb rest, undercut trigger guard, mag stripping reliefs on the bottom of the grips. All obviously done by a dremel wielding maniac. Listed for $535

If was done properly with some proof of competency such as receipts from ATEI, Glockworx, etc... I could see the work adding some[value. But it was an obvious home job and they wanted ~$100 more for it than a barely used factory version.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Used glocks in my neck of the woods have owners asking $550.

no thx, I'll save a few bucks and buy new.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Finger grooves.
View Quote

Gen 3 is best glock.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Around here, people ask MSRP plus the tax they paid, for their used Glock.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Used G19 is a very rare duck.  I bought the last one I saw and that was five years ago.
View Quote

Maybe where you live. Luckily a live near a police supply store. Last time I was there (last week) they had a number of 19's and 17's.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Maybe where you live. Luckily a live near a police supply store. Last time I was there (last week) they had a number of 19's and 17's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does this store only sell to police officers? If not, where and how much were they going for, if you don't mind.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Gen 3 is best glock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Finger grooves.

Gen 3 is best glock.
This

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Finger grooves.
View Quote

If you don't like finger grooves, put a Hogue slip-on grip.  It also helps with people who have long fingers and want to increase the girth of the grip.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

last month dan's had gen 2 19's for $309
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Still ugly as hell.
View Quote

Good
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Glock made best gen, meh gen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Finger grooves.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I got a lightly used Glock 21SF it had a tungsten guide rod assembly, trijicon sights , stainless pins and upgraded trigger for less than a stock 21SF.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I got a lightly used Glock 21SF it had a tungsten guide rod assembly, trijicon sights , stainless pins and upgraded trigger for less than a stock 21SF.
View Quote

Now you gotta spend money taking all that dumb shot out and taking it back to stock (except the trijicons)
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Glock owners are fucking disgusting slobs.  Seriously, I have never seen more dirty - fucking filthy ass guns, and I'm not talking GSR or scuffs from use, but goddamn food in the butt (btw is that mashed potatoes or cake frosting you fat, unshowered fuck?), dead skin filling in the factory grip texture like some sort of organic bondo, something sticky is on every single sonofabitching used glock I've seen.  I shouldn't have to put on a hazmat suit and use tongs to pick up your overpriced piece of plastic shit.  Glocks are like magnets to fat, lazy fucks like small import cars are to people who will never change their oil.  They've seen the "torture" tests, they've got to hold up to their gluttony and negligence.  I swear one smelled like it had embedded itself into the bedsore-ridden oozing corpse of some Jabba that probably wasn't discovered for weeks after choking to death on a chicken bone.  Fucking disgusting, you really don't see this epic level of filthiness with other brands of used guns.  No thanks, I'll buy new if I want a shit gun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was at the Kittery Trading Post this weekend (a place not known for their reasonable prices, yet the inventory turn-over is crazy).
View Quote

I actually got a good deal on a Benelli Nova there about 11 years ago. I was on my way to the North Woods for a bear hunt. Good times.

Not a fan of Glock Gernades OP.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Glock owners are fucking disgusting slobs.  Seriously, I have never seen more dirty - fucking filthy ass guns, and I'm not talking GSR or scuffs from use, but goddamn food in the butt (btw is that mashed potatoes or cake frosting you fat, unshowered fuck?), dead skin filling in the factory grip texture like some sort of organic bondo, something sticky is on every single sonofabitching used glock I've seen.  I shouldn't have to put on a hazmat suit and use tongs to pick up your overpriced piece of plastic shit.  Glocks are like magnets to fat, lazy fucks like small import cars are to people who will never change their oil.  They've seen the "torture" tests, they've got to hold up to their gluttony and negligence.  I swear one smelled like it had embedded itself into the bedsore-ridden oozing corpse of some Jabba that probably wasn't discovered for weeks after choking to death on a chicken bone.  Fucking disgusting, you really don't see this epic level of filthiness with other brands of used guns.  No thanks, I'll buy new if I want a shit gun.
View Quote

LMFAO
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Around here anyway. You can buy G22s all day long, and if you look G17s. But I have seen exactly 2 used G19s in a gun case of a gunstore.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

LMFAO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMFAO

That's a man who's never seen a stereotypical XD owner.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey, I'll sell you a Glock 19 for $500. It's a steal as it only has 3k rounds through it, only has 2 mags, and it's a Gen 3 frame!

That's usually the one's I see

Quoted:
That's a man who's never seen a stereotypical XD owner.
View Quote

Don't even; the one guy I know that has an XD is the most fucking disgusting person that I've ever known. Roaches and shit in room, furniture, and clothes, dirty dishes that haven't seen a sink since I've known him (Not even kidding).
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah, but I got nowhere with Glock when I tried to get my porcelain frame replaced on my Glock 7.  Damn thing has been through airports all over the world, and even fended off terrorists back in the 80's.  No way am I settling for a PLASTIC frame "upgrade".

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glock guys are like Harley guys (I have 2 of them. Harleys. Not Glocks).

They think theirs is a special snowflake.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Used glocks bring good money because tin foil types don't like 4473's.

by the way how come there is no subscribe button on this thread????
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Used glocks bring good money because tin foil types don't like 4473's.

by the way how come there is no subscribe button on this thread????
View Quote

It's a feature for paying members.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#49]
That's why I buy Glocks from friends.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Around here, people ask MSRP plus the tax they paid, for their used Glock.  Seriously.
View Quote

You're talking to the wrong people.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top