Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 236
Posted: 7/3/2014 8:59:00 PM EDT
I know who they are and have watched a number of their vids, but I'm curious - what kind of experience do Cory and/or Erika have as instructors? Where are they getting their knowledge from for these training classes?

Are they just firearms enthusiasists that enjoy filming themselves shooting or do they have any kind of real world shooting/combat experience?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aimless:
"MAC" is now sporting Colonel rank badges in his videos. He's a colonel like Col Sanders   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_colonel

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKengineer:
Originally Posted By Moses_J:
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:
I wonder how hard it is to do anything in the shooting realm without making a sea of haters.

Be yourself. Look at Hickok45. I've never read one bad comment about him.

Look at Jerry Miculek, MAC, or even Carnik.Most people don't hate watching anyone that is not a FUDD, neckbeard, or trying too hard to look "tactical".

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
"MAC" is now sporting Colonel rank badges in his videos. He's a colonel like Col Sanders   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_colonel

Meh.

One of the biggest names in the gun media was drummed out of the Marine Corps for wearing Brigadier General rank that he was not authorized (while in a war zone no less).  Nobody gives a fuck.  Most people here prolly don't even realize who it is.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MovinMan:

Exactly....the fat ass losers around here simply cannot handle someone else doing something they love, being good at it, getting paid for it and getting better looking trim than they could ever hope to pull down.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sigshooter3:
Originally Posted By sribble1:
What has Costa done that's so great?  Has he ever taken live fire?

Why hate Cory and not Costa?  The latter has done very little except instruct more classes.  How many more hours until Cory is legitimate?

I watch for their product reviews, and he is obviously pro-gun.  General GD is a bunch of overweight hypocrites jumping on leftist gun-grabbers and then holding their own hostage a minute later.

Go lift a weight or climb the side of a mountain and support your pro 2A'ers, at least lay off them.

Yup, as was stated earlier, GD hates everything, including... Hell, especially fellow gun owners. It's easy to see why GD hates Cory though, he shoots for a living, he is a good shooter, and his gf is smoking hot.

Exactly....the fat ass losers around here simply cannot handle someone else doing something they love, being good at it, getting paid for it and getting better looking trim than they could ever hope to pull down.

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes
I wonder how hard it is to do anything in the shooting realm without making a sea of haters.

Look at Jerry Miculek, MAC, or even Carnik.Most people don't hate watching anyone that is not a FUDD, neckbeard, or trying too hard to look "tactical".

Wow, now we are hating on MAC? And some people wonder why the anti's are able to get shit done. The gun community is far to busy bitching and whining about each other over stupid shit.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Zaminsky:

Meh.

One of the biggest names in the gun media was drummed out of the Marine Corps for wearing Brigadier General rank that he was not authorized (while in a war zone no less).  Nobody gives a fuck.  Most people here prolly don't even realize who it is.
View All Quotes

Meh.

And it is?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]

http://i.imgur.com/5PqPiu7.jpg
View All Quotes

Why hate Cory and not Costa?  The latter has done very little except instruct more classes.  How many more hours until Cory is legitimate?

I watch for their product reviews, and he is obviously pro-gun.  General GD is a bunch of overweight hypocrites jumping on leftist gun-grabbers and then holding their own hostage a minute later.

Go lift a weight or climb the side of a mountain and support your pro 2A'ers, at least lay off them.

Yup, as was stated earlier, GD hates everything, including... Hell, especially fellow gun owners. It's easy to see why GD hates Cory though, he shoots for a living, he is a good shooter, and his gf is smoking hot.

Hickok45 also gets paid to do what he loves and is extremely good at it, yet he doesn't have to pretend to be a commando complete with stenciled beard, sunglasses, and lie about being in the military to help sell himself. He just shoots for fun and doesn't pretend to be something he's not.

That's the difference.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:39:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zaminsky] [#8]
Boddington

Eta: response to hauslp
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Boddington

View Quote
So was his promotion not legit of what? It was hardly a secret as they trumpeted it pretty good in G&A. Was it some sort of issue with him being a reservist?

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
So was his promotion not legit of what? It was hardly a secret as they trumpeted it pretty good in G&A. Was it some sort of issue with him being a reservist?  
View All Quotes
Boddington

He was indeed selected by the US Senate for promotion to Brigadier General.

His superior, a Lt Gen frocked him, which is apparently a no-no with General Officer ranks, at least in the Marine Corps.

He was in an O-7 command position in Iraq at the time.  The Lt Gen was also retired over this.

Notice he stopped using his military rank long ago on his gun articles.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Bedouin2W:

Must be some kind of error. I'm no gov't yes man. No way I'd serve under Obama.
View All Quotes

Lol, yeah bro. Cory is more of a military guy than I could ever be. If one of those drill sergeants got in my face I'd hit them. Thank God for my flat feet, it saved a few drill sergeants from ass beatings.

Your account shows as military?

Must be some kind of error. I'm no gov't yes man. No way I'd serve under Obama.

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By SilentType:
Good for you recognizing that fact, which I think most folks deny.  

The shooting community is no longer just veterans and hunters and it honestly couldn't stay that way if we want the Second Amendment to survive. Some folks may not like that, but times are changing.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilentType:

After being in the gun biz for pushing 20 years , for better or worse Corey and Erika are a pretty accurate representation of the "gun culture" nowadays and are replacing people like Hitchcock 45 as the archetype gun owner

Good for you recognizing that fact, which I think most folks deny.  

The shooting community is no longer just veterans and hunters and it honestly couldn't stay that way if we want the Second Amendment to survive. Some folks may not like that, but times are changing.

Still up for debate but by and large

I do not think gun hipsters that did not discover firearms until adulthood , watched a magpul video , and are now  out there desperately playing tactical Halloween trying to prove how awesome they are , are a big plus to the gun community

However they are a huge boon to the gun INDUSTRY as they buy massive amounts of stuff , and are occasionally amusing when they bleed all over the store because they think all weapons manipulation must be done like Forest Gump in boot camp

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Spray paint beard was an 11B? Makes sense with the knuckle tattoos.

Lol. Army.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:16:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Wow, now we are hating on MAC? And some people wonder why the anti's are able to get shit done. The gun community is far to busy bitching and whining about each other over stupid shit.
View All Quotes

Sigs suck.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#16]

His superior, a Lt Gen frocked him, which is apparently a no-no with General Officer ranks, at least in the Marine Corps.

He was in an O-7 command position in Iraq at the time.  The Lt Gen was also retired over this.

View All Quotes
Boddington

And see?  Not one fuck given.  I posted this 12 hours ago and no reply.

Nobody gives a shit.  This causes me to ask, do people really care or do they use it as a means to attack someone they already dislike.

I'm betting it's the latter...
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

I'm a TN Colonel

All it means is that I have a piece of paper signed by Gov. Haslam and I get a regiment if the state goes to war
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Hickok45 also gets paid to do what he loves and is extremely good at it, yet he doesn't have to pretend to be a commando complete with stenciled beard, sunglasses, and lie about being in the military to help sell himself. He just shoots for fun and doesn't pretend to be something he's not.

That's the difference.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

That's the difference.

he was my 7th grade English teacher
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#19]
This thread needs less words and more pics....
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Erika is pretty much out of it now between being a mom and going to school.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By teamr2:
This thread needs less words and more pics....
View Quote

Right?  This thread is a tease.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Moose:

IIRC, they're the two closest shooters.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3915/14589358273_57cb8f26b9_c.jpg

I didn't realize they're teaching classes now, but I did check their site and it does appear they have a few combat veterans on staff also. If they can get more people into shooting and training them in the Basics, good for them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sgt_Fish:
And not a single frigging picture has been posted.

I didn't realize they're teaching classes now, but I did check their site and it does appear they have a few combat veterans on staff also. If they can get more people into shooting and training them in the Basics, good for them.

Whomever thought it was a good idea to put the "photographer" down range is a tool.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:15:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LineRider] [#23]
Bottom line:  If you had shot and killed someone in self defense and it goes wrong and you end up in District Court or Federal Court would you want either  of them testifying in your behave.  

Not no, but HELL NO!!    

There's lots of well established training schools out there.  Ex. Gunsite, Rangemaster  International Tactical Training  The staff at these schools have been there, done that, gone to trial on it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I got this from Facebook, so take it with a block of salt, but:

Date of incident 2001, 0424/1300
Absent from 30th AG BN Reception Ft. Benning, GA
Cory DOB 5 Jan 78
Unit affiliation, Alpha company, 30th Adjutant General Battalion (Reception) Fort Benning, GA
Full Name: Jackson, Cory Alan
On about 1300 hrs, 24 April 2001, without authority, absent himself from this unit, to wit: Alpha Company, 30th: Adjutant General Battalion (Reception), located at Fort Benning, Georgia, and did remain so absent until he was apprehended
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#25]
When did tattoos become a shooting accessory?  I went to a gun show the other day and there were even people wearing fake tattoo sleeve shirts.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#27]

And see?
--snip---
View Quote

Damn, I never knew about any of that. Had to google up the Stripes article

As bad as communications were back then, how the hell would you go about fact checking a 3 star.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
Whomever thought it was a good idea to put the "photographer" down range is a tool.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

Dems "Big Boy" rules...

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Everything about that guy oozes trying to hard. Like he wakes up in the morning and goes down a checklist of what to do to be cool and he comes off as a giant ass clown.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skytrooper01] [#30]
Originally Posted By dookie1481:

View All Quotes

Cory DOB 5 Jan 78
Unit affiliation, Alpha company, 30th Adjutant General Battalion (Reception) Fort Benning, GA
On about 1300 hrs, 24 April 2001, without authority, absent himself from this unit, to wit: Alpha Company, 30th: Adjutant General Battalion (Reception), located at Fort Benning, Georgia, and did remain so absent until he was apprehended

..... 30th AG is reception. If he never made it then he was never in the fucking army and certainly didn't have crossed rifles

Bergdals brah??

ETA: How much you wanna bet he was wearing on of these??

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:41:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skytrooper01] [#33]
whoa-course could just be bullshit  
View All Quotes

Cory DOB 5 Jan 78
whoa-course could just be bullshit  

Ugh my Heart!!

DS "You dont need a heart private!"

Cory "Mommyyyyyyy!!!"
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By skytrooper01:

..... 30th AG is reception. If he never made it then he was never in the fucking army and certainly didn't have crossed rifles

Bergdals brah??

http://www.harrysarmysurplus.net/assets/images/rothco/9524_big.jpg
View All Quotes

Cory DOB 5 Jan 78

Bergdals brah??

Are you questioning the badassery of a loved YouTube gun celebrity? You MUST be a fat loser.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Blacktide:

Are you questioning the badassery of a loved YouTube gun celebrity? You MUST be a fat loser.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blacktide:

Cory DOB 5 Jan 78

Bergdals brah??

Fat on life son!
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Kleinman:

They're actually shooting with that camera guy in front of them!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kleinman:

They're actually shooting with that camera guy in front of them!

[Grant]"big boy rules"/[Grant]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Cory and Erika seem like good people and they're pro-gun. What's not to like!?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok so what I'm taking away from this thread is that I need to get a hot piece of ass to put on youtube so I can become a famous shooting instructor, ok got it thanks ;)
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#39]
My girlfriend is hot, maybe I will try their formula for success in starting an instructing school.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Jesus people.

Dude got out due to some medical thing his recruiter told him to lie about. Lots of people "forgot" about the asthma that cleared up by the time he was 12.

The Lance Corporals and Corporals running the range at MCRD PISC had just about the same time as these two have. Train at anything for 4000 hours and you would be an expert in most peoples eyes.

Col Bodington got hosed. He was frocked by a superior to the rank of his billet. This was a very common practice in the Corps at this time. His S1 dropped the ball by not knowing the regs.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:57:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sketti] [#41]
First off, you guys rambling on about having a hot GF, we all know that's not even remotely true! Hot chicks aren't into fat lazy fucks GD's perceived elite! And as far as you starting a range business, no one is stopping you; get off your ass and do it. If not, then stop whining about Cory and Erika's business; it makes you look like a tool!

Respectfully
Sketti
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:01:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skytrooper01] [#42]
Bout to take after Belzarian and start making gun videos featuring my Cat and hot chicks
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Thread about some dude with a gun = 5 replies.  

Thread about the same dude and his hot girlfriend with a gun = 5 pages.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:09:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firedog51d] [#44]
Bout to take after Belzarian and start making gun videos featuring my Cat and hot chicks
View Quote

Link?

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By FlashHole:

View Quote

I did a photoshop of Chris Costa and the thread went 10+ pages lol.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By Mister_H:
View All Quotes

Was it this?

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
When did tattoos become a shooting accessory?  I went to a gun show the other day and there were even people wearing fake tattoo sleeve shirts.
View Quote

They're like VTEC stickers, they help you drive your platform faster.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Sealy:
Was it this?  

http://i42.tinypic.com/e68u4p.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sealy:

Was it this?  

http://i42.tinypic.com/e68u4p.jpg

Yeah.

Looooooonnnngggg Grip!
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Mr. H, this bio reads like one of your parody posts:

"I'm a NRA Range Safety Officer Instructor, Pistol & Rifle Instructor. Since 2001 ive had between 96 and 112 hours of training each year from some great instructors. So around 1,250ish hours of defensive handgun and Rifle classes. And also instructors classes, where you learn how to work with and build up the students. Also Army 11b. I'll have this all in detail on our website when it goes up. "

He should have added the amount of hours he has watched training DVD's.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 236
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top