Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 24
Posted: 3/23/2024 1:42:12 PM EDT
twice as long

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article287009720.html

Most Americans intuitively know that higher education has become disproportionately expensive for younger generations—thanks to millions of graduates trapped in student debt. But are education costs really so out of reach for younger generations, considering new career opportunities and wage inflation? Creditnews put that theory to the test by comparing the college tuition costs of Baby Boomers and Millennials against what both generations earned after graduation.

Our analysis revealed a stark difference in the "purchasing power" of a college degree in the 1980s and today, driven by the growing disparity between tuition costs and wages. Even though Baby Boomers had it much easier back in the day, student debt is catching up with them, too.

In a twist, Boomers' student debt balances have recently exploded as many Boomers take out loans to put their kids through college.
View Quote

Must've been nice to buy a single family home for $88k and flip it for $800k with no renovations
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kashtin:

The problem is people that think a house like this one is not good enough for them. Us boomers had no problem starting out with these and working our way up.

https://www.homes.com/property/837-s-liberty-ave-alliance-oh/qy0ffyxqgq8hm/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

The best part is he is unintentionally proving the point of this entire thread.

8.50/hr is 17,680 annually. He bought a house for 39k, a little over 2x that wage. Then was laid off several times and easily found comparable work.

Using inflation as a benchmark which is quite generous as wages do not keep up with inflation, that same wage today is $36.33/hr or 75,566 annually.

Maybe the boomers can point us to the jobs that pay 76k and houses available for <200k?

In reality, that same job likely pays a fraction of the 36.33/hr in this estimate. And homes in those neighborhoods are more like 300-400k.

The problem is people that think a house like this one is not good enough for them. Us boomers had no problem starting out with these and working our way up.

It is very hard to find a starter home that is 1200 square feet or less. I would love a 2 or 3 bed 1 with 1 or 2 bath and a single car garage home that size. A small yard would be a bonus as far as I am concerned.

It would be more than enough for my needs. They don't build homes that small anymore. You get stuck buying a condo if you want something that small.

Anything that starter home size in Las Vegas does not even hit the market it will be sold overnight if it's priced decent. Realtors here literally have lists with hundreds of people looking for that exact thing.

Just out of curiosity when was the last time you tried or did buy a house?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Who forced you to take on secondary education debt?
Boomers lived in the world they were given.
That world changed and you have the world of your own to deal with.

so deal with it, so tiresome
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By midcap:

I really don't get it...maybe they can pull themselves up from their bootstraps and learn how to use a PC
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scalped:
boomers also didn't need any skills for those min wage jobs......throw a boomer at a min wage job now and they would be lost and couldn't keep up. Computers and shit.

I would also like to point out to ya'll knuckle heads that it's Republicans, especially the Regan, Bush types that sold everyone out in the name of cheap shit and cheap labor.

So true dude. All the boomers I know are retired as either blue collared or as some kind of administrator that got lucky and retired at or near a 100k/year income. Watching either of them trying to navigate personal electronic devices makes me want to ask their companies for refunds

I really don't get it...maybe they can pull themselves up from their bootstraps and learn how to use a PC

Boomers saw a lot of changes in their lifetime, computers came and a generation that grew up doing things with their hands and working around mechanical things were intimidated.
Maybe scared.
Some grace may be in order.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Phil_Billy:

It is very hard to find a starter home that is 1200 square feet or less. I would love a 2 or 3 bed 1 with 1 or 2 bath and a single car garage home that size. A small yard would be a bonus as far as I am concerned.

It would be more than enough for my needs. They don't build homes that small anymore. You get stuck buying a condo if you want something that small.

Anything that starter home size in Las Vegas does not even hit the market it will be sold overnight if it's priced decent. Realtors here literally have lists with hundreds of people looking for that exact thing.

View All Quotes

8.50/hr is 17,680 annually. He bought a house for 39k, a little over 2x that wage. Then was laid off several times and easily found comparable work.

Using inflation as a benchmark which is quite generous as wages do not keep up with inflation, that same wage today is $36.33/hr or 75,566 annually.

Maybe the boomers can point us to the jobs that pay 76k and houses available for <200k?

In reality, that same job likely pays a fraction of the 36.33/hr in this estimate. And homes in those neighborhoods are more like 300-400k.

I was pretty close to buying a couple of them in the last 5 years. One across the street on 3 acres that needed a complete remodel and one on an adjoining property that I bid on at auction. I stopped bidding on the one and passed on the other when I realized that I'm too old for that shit now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Trunalimunumaprzure:

100%

Everyone I know IRL no matter the generation are solid, hardworking folks. They all agree that things are grossly out of whack. It's only on the internet where I encounter the stereotypes. It's either really bad trollish shitposting or some elaborate demoralization campaign, or both.
View All Quotes

100%

Everyone I know IRL no matter the generation are solid, hardworking folks. They all agree that things are grossly out of whack. It's only on the internet where I encounter the stereotypes. It's either really bad trollish shitposting or some elaborate demoralization campaign, or both.

Facts.

Here's the crux of the problem with credit to Econimica on twitter:

The GFC should have been allowed to fully unwind. Fail the banks. Blow away the bad debt, failed, and toxic businesses. The carnage would have given birth to an authoritative, empowered, and capable millennial generation to see the boomers off into retirement and continue an organic path of growth for America.

Instead America chose to print its way out of financial crisis with disastrous results. Michael Burry called this in his commencement speech to UCLA in 2012. It's worth a watch.

I do not expect much to change
practically speaking history has demonstrated the ability of sovereign nations to justify themselves
and topostpone the moment of crisis this will be even more true for the United States
as the largest economy by far with the strongest Central Bank

as a result over the course of your lives you'll experience withering but stealthy attacks on your quality of life as Government attempts to manage its faltering finances
you will see declines in the quality of health care, the quality of education, the quality of public safety, and the quality of our currency
of course this is a false prophecy I am simply describing what is already happening

Dr. Michael J. Burry at UCLA Economics Commencement 2012

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By p3590:
Both the Ds and Rs got together on eliminating bankruptcy for student loans.  Essentially, we reinvented debtor's prison. This chart shows the decoupling of tuition and inflation that caused:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Rise-of-College-Tuition_Datastream-1.jpg
View Quote

Helicopter money and four admin jobs for every professor.  Winning!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I think ultimately boomers are just seething because they know that millennials will be the ones to have the last word on how the boomers were as a generation, and not the other way around. On some level, you have to know that it won't be pretty.

Shouldn't have mocked us for our lattes and avocado toast, old men.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Other responses in red above.
View All Quotes

How does that investment with all of its costs compare to renting for 20-30 years?  Or buying a depreciating asset?  Do the math.

To your last: I haven't seen a job listing that has commensurate pay, especially when I would have to walk away from multiple years salary worth of unvested stock grants, let alone any kind of remote work in my career field. Remote work seems heavily skewed towards IT and that stuff.

Pretty much everyone I know who is successful has dealt with setbacks and had to make hard tradeoffs.  Attitude is everything.  I don't doubt that you work hard, but I don't understand the defeatism.

My wife's family is here. I already had to leave my parents behind in New England and barely see them. I've already had to make peace with the fact that 20 years of my life has passed without them around and they will probably be gone before I ever get the chance to spend any meaningful time with them in their golden years. I don't want to put my wife through that as well.

I get it.  I was 2600 miles from my parents and most of my family for 29 years.  Made it home once or twice a year, but missed a lot of weddings, reunions, and funerals.  My wife's family are 10k miles away in another country.  We haven't visited them since 2019.  Moved back here after my Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimers.  Life is full of hard choices.

I'm out.  I don't get the mindset at all.  It boils down to something my grandfather used to say.  "if it is to be it is up to me."  Go out there and make it happen.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#9]
That women’s studies degree not paying off??
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
The American dream The Middle Class was nothing but a post-war boom.

Once you realize that everything that follows after is much easier to understand.
View Quote

Fixed it for you

And the elites have been trying to eradicate it ever since.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BourbonBeast:
I think ultimately boomers are just seething because they know that millennials will be the ones to have the last word on how the boomers were as a generation, and not the other way around. On some level, you have to know that it won't be pretty.

View Quote

It's not a "boomer" thing. Go to any enthusiast forum or online group where the membership skews towards those with a larger amount of disposable income whether it be due to being more successful than the "average person" or simply due to age and having things long paid for and you'll get the same shit.

A lot of people want to be willfully ignorant and simply whistle past the graveyard instead of upending their fragile world view. "Everything is fine, you are just lazy" is easier to cope than "We are all fucked and it's not going to get better in the short term if at all". The fact that many of the older folks will pass away before it really begins to affect their lives in a dramatic way probably contributes to the attitude among that demographic.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#12]

It's not a "boomer" thing. Go to any enthusiast forum or online group where the membership skews towards those with a larger amount of disposable income whether it be due to being more successful than the "average person" or simply due to age and having things long paid for and you'll get the same shit.

A lot of people want to be willfully ignorant and simply whistle past the graveyard instead of upending their fragile world view. "Everything is fine, you are just lazy" is easier to cope than "We are all fucked and it's not going to get better in the short term if at all". The fact that many of the older folks will pass away before it really begins to affect their lives in a dramatic way probably contributes to the attitude among that demographic.

View All Quotes

Couldn't have said it better myself, cheers
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GrayMan66:

How does that investment with all of its costs compare to renting for 20-30 years?  Or buying a depreciating asset?  Do the math.
I don't rent and my property has appreciated. The land alone this dump sits on is worth 2x what I paid for the whole property. It's still a liability until I sell.

Pretty much everyone I know who is successful has dealt with setbacks and had to make hard tradeoffs.  Attitude is everything.  I don't doubt that you work hard, but I don't understand the defeatism.
I think you are confusing defeatism with airing grievances with the current trajectory of the economic reality of this country.

I get it.  I was 2600 miles from my parents and most of my family for 29 years.  Made it home once or twice a year, but missed a lot of weddings, reunions, and funerals.  My wife's family are 10k miles away in another country.  We haven't visited them since 2019.  Moved back here after my Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimers.  Life is full of hard choices.

I'm out.  I don't get the mindset at all.  It boils down to something my grandfather used to say.  "if it is to be it is up to me."  Go out there and make it happen.
I will make it happen, when I retire a multi-millionaire in a decade. Sorry that my expressing displeasure at not being able to do a few things like live in a house without wheels before I'm in my 50's comes off as having a terrible mindset.  

View All Quotes

I don't rent and my property has appreciated. The land alone this dump sits on is worth 2x what I paid for the whole property. It's still a liability until I sell.

To your last: I haven't seen a job listing that has commensurate pay, especially when I would have to walk away from multiple years salary worth of unvested stock grants, let alone any kind of remote work in my career field. Remote work seems heavily skewed towards IT and that stuff.

I think you are confusing defeatism with airing grievances with the current trajectory of the economic reality of this country.

My wife's family is here. I already had to leave my parents behind in New England and barely see them. I've already had to make peace with the fact that 20 years of my life has passed without them around and they will probably be gone before I ever get the chance to spend any meaningful time with them in their golden years. I don't want to put my wife through that as well.

I will make it happen, when I retire a multi-millionaire in a decade. Sorry that my expressing displeasure at not being able to do a few things like live in a house without wheels before I'm in my 50's comes off as having a terrible mindset.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Man, I take a pleasant afternoon nap in retirement and wake up to five more pages of millennial angst?

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't have any ill will towards the Boomer generation. That is the generation of my parents and they are in large good people.

Have the Boomer Elites made mistakes that have doomed our future? Well, yeah of course. But that's just what Elites do. No one should really believe that the Gen X and Millennial Elites will do any better. They will probably do worse if current trends continue.

Point is, the focus should always be on the decision makers of this country rather than the average Joe who is simply responding to their environment in the way that benefits them and their families the most. Ordinary people do as they must with what is available.

Give your fellows grace and always have an open mind.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#16]

So true dude. All the boomers I know are retired as either blue collared or as some kind of administrator that got lucky and retired at or near a 100k/year income. Watching either of them trying to navigate personal electronic devices makes me want to ask their companies for refunds
View Quote

Why?  I work in IT but I feel the ease of access to the Internet is making people stupid. Why learn something when your can just look it up, regurgitate it, then look it up again later if you need the info?
Hate to bust your bubble, but you hate "boomers" because they lived when things where cheaper, but everything you depend on now was invented by them. Complain that they can't operate electronics while ignoring that the reason we have all these electronics is because boomers created the technology behind it all.
Stop blaming your failures on others that came before you. They had hardships to deal with too.
But it's easier to complain and whine than actually do something. Can't wait for this younger generation to get older than have to deal with their ungrateful kids telling them their life sucks because of them. If course by then, this kids won't be much beyond barely functioning retards because their parents think an iPad is a suitable babysitter for their children.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#17]
 I don't get the mindset at all.
View Quote

You're wasting your time. Boomertard threads are a weekly occurrence with the same cast of characters saying the exact same things, and it's been going on for years.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BT1989:
Millennials are mostly in their 30s and early 40s now. Gen Z are the ones getting out of college still
View Quote

Thank you! So tired of the "put down the TikTok and quit perming your hair" from the lead paint eaters. That's Gen Z. We have receding hairlines, low back pain, and are loaded full of microplastics. Get it right!
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Dingobabies:

Thank you! So tired of the "put down the TikTok and quit perming your hair" from the lead paint eaters. That's Gen Z. We have receding hairlines, low back pain, and are loaded full of microplastics. Get it right!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BT1989:
Millennials are mostly in their 30s and early 40s now. Gen Z are the ones getting out of college still

Such petty details are meaningless to the resident Elder GigaChad™ membership.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
i'd like to go even smaller.

#650SFmasterrace

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Millennials are largely the children of Boomers. I think a lot of the animosity between the two camps is that they’re more similar to each other, including the bad ways, than either side cares to admit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
got dayum millennials and their got dayum broccoli hair.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BooJangles:

Why?  I work in IT but I feel the ease of access to the Internet is making people stupid. Why learn something when your can just look it up, regurgitate it, then look it up again later if you need the info?
Hate to bust your bubble, but you hate "boomers" because they lived when things where cheaper, but everything you depend on now was invented by them. Complain that they can't operate electronics while ignoring that the reason we have all these electronics is because boomers created the technology behind it all.
Stop blaming your failures on others that came before you. They had hardships to deal with too.
But it's easier to complain and whine than actually do something. Can't wait for this younger generation to get older than have to deal with their ungrateful kids telling them their life sucks because of them. If course by then, this kids won't be much beyond barely functioning retards because their parents think an iPad is a suitable babysitter for their children.
View Quote

What generation is this targeted at? Because I can assure you that the Gen Z and Millennial crowd can mostly operate without googling everything. I can even read a map, and I don't even use GPS most of the time. At least for local trips anyway. I have very strong IT skills and I can build most any computer, install any software, and configure the system to perform just about any task. DNS, file server, Web servers, DHCP, switches, Vulnerability scanners, and workstations. I don't need google for that. I can also do basic home repairs, work on cars, repair appliances, electronics etc.

I also know how to shoot guns and am big into prepping. Not trying to toot my own horn but not everyone younger than you is helpless. In fact I see a lot of Boomers more helpless than me.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:

#650SFmasterrace

https://www.theplancollection.com/Upload/Designers/196/1211/Plan1961211MainImage_23_1_2021_1_891_593.jpg
View All Quotes

#650SFmasterrace

https://www.theplancollection.com/Upload/Designers/196/1211/Plan1961211MainImage_23_1_2021_1_891_593.jpg

lol, I've actually looked at that exact house plan. Too bad I'm not a Bob Villa Badass Bootstrapper GigaChad™ with a platoon of 6'4" 70% below cost, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Hand a gen Z'er a hammer or an oil filter wrench and see how they do. Fucking useless if they can't do it with a phone and God, please don't ask them to make eye contact when they talk to a grown up.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By anachronism:

Yup. That two to three bucks an hour we made blows your $20.00/hr plus to pieces.
View Quote

Ummm….
If you were making three bucks an hour in 1968 , that’s like 27 bucks an hour now.

I was 12 making 5 bucks and hour haying, clearing brush, driving a skidder,pumping gas, changing tires,  waiting tables, etc.
when it was the equivalent of 19 bucks an hour now.

Minimum wage is a good yardstick to compare to a gallon of gas, year of tuition, average rent, etc.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#27]

lol, I've actually looked at that exact house plan. Too bad I'm not a Bob Villa Badass Bootstrapper GigaChad  with a platoon of 6'4" 70% below cost, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam.  
View Quote

I can bench press a car, I'm an ex-football star
With degrees from both Harvard and Yale
Girls just can't keep up, I'm a real love machine
I've had far better sex while in jail
I designed the Sears Tower, I make two grand an hour
I cook the world's best duck flamb
I'll take the pick of the litter, girls jockey for me
I don't need these lines to get laid

Dropkick Murphys - Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By smarquez:

Hand a gen Z'er a hammer or an oil filter wrench and see how they do. Fucking useless if they can't do it with a phone and God, please don't ask them to make eye contact when they talk to a grown up.
View Quote

i got a greenhorn Zoomer who doesn't know how to throw chains on a big truck.

i sent him up to the mine last winter and offered to show him how to throw chains in the pahkin' lot before he left.

he actually said the phrase "i'll just youtube it when the time comes"

JLP3:

they say if you listen close you can still hear him stuck on the pass at eight mile with everyone behind him screaming at him

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TresOsos:

It is amazing how effective the Democrats, Marxist and Media have been at turning everyone against each other.

Your anger should be turned against those people and institutions not boomer or X's etc.

Gov't got into healthcare it got expensive and went to shit.

Gov't got into education, education has got expensive and gone to shit.

Gov't gets involved in something and 99.9% of the time its going to go to shit.

Put the blame where it really belongs, Gov't and their deliberate inflationary policies.

View Quote

We didn’t become a country of quickie divorces, abortion on damned, eradication of public shame, everyone gets a trophy, everyone gets a degree, normalization of drug use, acceptance of deviant sexual behavior, etc. without the overall power of the dominant social, cultural, and political dominance of boomers for decades.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#30]
You all Boomer Bitchers need to fall in a well. My daughter (born '93) and her friend bought a house a couple years ago in Maryland (not a cheap state to live in). Neither have College degrees and make 60k or less a year.
they rented a while and saved money a while and we gave them 4k dollars, thats it.

Cant afford a house?
stop bitching and work harder. Move if you need to.

Boomers got shit to do with it.

Respect your elders.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Don’t use math on the boomers, they will tell you 2+2 does not equal 4 just so that they don’t have to admit that there’s even a chance that things were easier for them.
View Quote

2+2 equals 4 and stop whining. Find your own way in life,
and stop blaming others for your shortcomings.
My Sons in Law, both vets, one a college grad, one not,
are doing better financially than I ever did.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By heeler1:
Ahh yes, the weeping and gnashing of teeth as usual around here.

Fwiw, I bought my home in 1979 for 39k at 10% interest and was making $8.50 an hour.
Was laid of twice over the next ten years and usually was making less before the last job.
It was like that until the economy turned around finally as it eventually does.
Was never late on a house payment or utilities.
I did work two jobs for several years as well to make ends meet.
Do what you can to make things work and quit bitching.
View Quote

Now imagine you sucked at life as bad as you did then now,
But the same home was 87K
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ramairthree:

We didn’t become a country of quickie divorces, abortion on damned, eradication of public shame, everyone gets a trophy, everyone gets a degree, normalization of drug use, acceptance of deviant sexual behavior, etc. without the overall power of the dominant social, cultural, and political dominance of boomers for decades.
View Quote

Thats one of the stupidest posts Ive ever seen here.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

i almost got a tan off the sick burn on that one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#35]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YOEO7jtIs4
View All Quotes

lol, I've actually looked at that exact house plan. Too bad I'm not a Bob Villa Badass Bootstrapper GigaChad  with a platoon of 6'4" 70% below cost, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YOEO7jtIs4

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:

What, no one told them that a full ride student loan package to an ivy league school would put them in that kind of debt? I am so sick of this. I remember when I was a kid, and the college students, at the local community college, would sleep on top of each other in tiny apts and starve to pay the local community college tuition.

No sympathy for someone who expected a free ride after doing suntan U for 4 years and majoring in something like gender studies, all the while partying in Cancun and driving a BMW. Sorry, not sorry.

It's like me complaining about not having a CVO Harley instead of a lowly 107. There's guys out there riding 20 year old iron that they paid 5 grand for. You need a 43K bike, and all the addons, for 50 gs? Fine, if you have the money. BTW, I am stuck with 18.43% interest, after a repo on my record, and am still on track to pay it off this year. 3 years early.

The only time I have ever seen the government offer to pay someone's way through college involved a long term government contract with a chance to go someplace like Yemen. Again, not sorry. Figure it out.
View Quote

Let’s say those starving students were paying 5K a year in tuition and the apartment was 600 bucks a month.
Nobody is saying that they did not struggle.
What our young adults are facing now is trying to pay 15K a year tuition and 1800 bucks for that apartment.
If you were struggling at proportionally 1/3 the tuition and rent…
What do you think their situation is now?

Also, if you were a national merit finalist in 1968, or 1988- you were a free ride anywhere.
Not remotely the case now as social justice and “need” have prison shower scene raped and beaten merit based scholarship to death.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:38:49 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

It is amazing how effective the Democrats, Marxist and Media have been at turning everyone against each other.

Your anger should be turned against those people and institutions not boomer or X's etc.

Put the blame where it really belongs, Gov't and their deliberate inflationary policies.

Well of course not but the progressive movement started back with Woodrow Wilson, long before the boomers were born.

Progressives, Liberals, Marxist  come in all shapes and sizes and  generations, all of us are to blame for allowing
this to get this bad. Unfortunately it will get much worse and probably not get better. I don't see the purpose of this
generational squabbling except to further divide us.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

i'll be playing the Dropkicks turned up to 11 in the trenches after being drafted for WWIII.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#40]

i got a greenhorn Zoomer who doesn't know how to throw chains on a big truck.

i sent him up to the mine last winter and offered to show him how to throw chains in the pahkin' lot before he left.

he actually said the phrase "i'll just youtube it when the time comes"

JLP3: https://media.tenor.com/jGA01Kx2PioAAAAC/its-always-sunny-dennis-reynolds.gif

they say if you listen close you can still hear him stuck on the pass at eight mile with everyone behind him screaming at him

View Quote

Is that a Chrysler LeBaron behind him? I swear you can bundle that vehicle with a boomer and package it as an (Non) Action Figure. Hell, I would've bought it at KB Toys in the 90s
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Instead, they (mils and Zs) vote for them.  Hello foot, meet bullet.  It's inexplicable.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18716/IMG_4620-3121434.png
View Quote
decaf, brah.

decaf.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Is that a Chrysler LeBaron behind him? I swear you can bundle that vehicle with a boomer and package it as an (Non) Action Figure. Hell, I would've bought it at KB Toys in the 90s
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExbHh3Zzd5cmpiMWtueTRtdzg1enJ2enZ3amg0Z3lkMGUwMjNycWF2YSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/QPcQCI69j6eAxYLJh7/giphy.gif

i almost got a tan off the sick burn on that one.

Dude, I have $500k of stock grants vesting over the next 5 years. I get additional $100k each year in this position. That money represents the accomplishments of my adult lifetimes work and the generosities of my employer recognizing my contributions to our teams success. People in here gonna tell me I need to quite bitchin and "muh u-haul cost of living location durrrrr" and literally walk away from all that and go hump sheep or some shit in Cockbreathville, IN for shit pay so I can hardly afford groceries in an 30% inflationary environment because I don't wanna pay $750k for a mid ass 30 year old 1500sq ft house on a handful of acres not next to the fucking highway.

Can't make this shit up.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:46:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#46]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#47]

I was pretty close to buying a couple of them in the last 5 years. One across the street on 3 acres that needed a complete remodel and one on an adjoining property that I bid on at auction. I stopped bidding on the one and passed on the other when I realized that I'm too old for that shit now.
View All Quotes

In Ohio? Unless you have over half a million in savings there is no way you are buying a couple starter homes on the West Coast. Or any Metropolitan Area in the US for that matter.

I looked at $250,000 tear down or complete gut job in DT LV just a few months ago. To my knowlege it sold to a developer. Anything remotely move in ready will be mid $350,000 to low $400,000.

Even in Green Bay WI you would be hard pressed to buy a couple starter homes in $250,000 range. And that place like Ohio is literally hell on earth.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Instead, they (mils and Zs) vote for them.  Hello foot, meet bullet.  It’s inexplicable.
View All Quotes

Instead, they (mils and Zs) vote for them.  Hello foot, meet bullet.  It’s inexplicable.

Young people have been voting for Commies for a long time. IIRC, it's a trend that started with the Boomer "hippies."
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Dude, I have $500k of stock grants vesting over the next 5 years. I get additional $100k each year in this position. That money represents the accomplishments of my adult lifetimes work and the generosities of my employer recognizing my contributions to our teams success. People in here gonna tell me I need to quite bitchin and "muh u-haul cost of living location durrrrr" and literally walk away from all that and go hump sheep or some shit in Cockbreathville, IN for shit pay so I can hardly afford groceries in an 30% inflationary environment because I don't wanna pay $750k for a mid ass 30 year old 1500sq ft house on a handful of acres not next to the fucking highway.

Can't make this shit up.

View Quote
nailed it.

if only you were a Billy Badass Billionaire B**ma Bob Villa GigaChad who would and did bench press a fucking 870-lb transmission into your '67 chebby on a gravel driveway in a foot of snow in the winter with one hand whilst learning to code on the mainframe 'puter the size of a fucking dragline with the other hand and simultaneously getting a blowie from your harem of fully shaved 20 year old Yurpean supermodel girlfriends.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Where is the meme of a circle of crying little girls?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top