BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 508
Posted: 11/18/2020 10:40:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: captainpooby]
Congrats to all the hodlrs!!!

Gold closed the day, week, month, quarter at an all time of $2251 on 3/29/24 and closed the 1st week of April at a new ATH of $2330. Now at a new high of $2375

With BTC up near ATHs as well it appears that people are waking up to what a mess our betters have put us in. Good luck to all the smart people who saw the damage being done to our fiat system of currency and chose an alternative. Let's all hope that this good fortune doesn't come at too great a cost.

$72k 3/11/24

$70,199 3/8/24

$69,324 3/5/24

68.49 Nov 9

66.99 Oct 20

64.8 Apr 14

63.2k Apr 13

61.7k Mar 13

58.3k Jan 21

57.4k Jan 20z

56.3k Feb 19

52.6k Feb 18

51.7k Feb 17

50k  Feb 16

49.7k Feb 14

48.9k Feb 11

47.4k Feb 8

44.9k Feb 8

43.8k Feb 8

41.6k Jan 8

40.4k Jan 7

36.8 jan 6

32.8k Jan 2

31.2k Jan 2nd 2021

Update: Blackrock, the worlds largest asset manager that manages $7 + TRILLION says they are “dabbling” in bitcoin. I don’t know how big a dabble is but a dabble of 7 trillion has got to be a lot.

Update: Elon Musk just tweeted that Tesla will buy $1.5B of bitcoin and begin accepting bitcoin as payment for Tesla cars. Bitcoin soars.

Update: BTC is up 6k in the last week of 2020 first days of 2021.

Update: Bitcoin reaches new ATH over 24k Dec 19 2020. Up 5k in the last week and 8k in the last month.

From 11,400 to 17,900 in the last month. ATH few years ago was about 20k.

I wonder whatever happened to the board member here who cashed out 21,000 bitcoins when it hit a thousand bucks. It’d be worth nearly 400 million now. Yoiks!

link to live crypto prices
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Torf:
10M bitcoin is a ~135x.  $100 loaf of bread is only ~33x.
View Quote

I don't eat bread so idk. If 10M ever happens I might take some profit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ToxicMasculinity:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
10M bitcoin is a ~135x.  $100 loaf of bread is only ~33x.

I figured it at $3 a loaf.

If $10M BTC ever happens, the market cap would be around $210 Trillion, not accounting for lost coins.  So either something really bad happened to the dollar, or BTC managed to squeeze out 14x the value of gold.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:44:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ToxicMasculinity] [#3]
I figured it at $3 a loaf.

If $10M BTC ever happens, the market cap would be around $210 Trillion, not accounting for lost coins.  So either something really bad happened to the dollar, or BTC managed to squeeze out 14x the value of gold.
View Quote

It seemed pie in the sky to me too. Saylor basically said he expects a lot of money to come in from worse assets like all the vacant commercial real estate etc.

When people realize it's digital/mobile wealth storage without any physical or financial liabilities, it will become the more prominent store of wealth. I think this will happen because if people don't realize this, they're losing a Lot of money.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:.

The sheer amount of pointless duplicative effort and distinction-without-a-difference is why I don't shitcoin.  What does your dogshit-flavored "PAW Coin" shitcoin do that Chainlink doesn't do?  And speaking of Chainlink, why are LINK bagholders crying about it not mooning?  I remember them loading up their bags to their "make it" limits back when it was below $4, and it's at $20 now, but every time it moves up, they whine that Sergei is dumping more of his bags.  Isn't that what shitcoiners want, to dump their bags on everyone else so they make it (and the bagholders don't)?
View Quote

You’re not wrong. Chainlink is l2 paw will be l1 l2 and l3. The hope is it will just do it faster and cheaper. I don’t care who makes money with me it I just want to buy a house and a boat and other shitcoiners can join me or ride the cycle back to 0.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone know if Lamborghini has a customer pickup option where you can go to the factory for a tour and take delivery of your new cars?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GhettoCowboy:
Does anyone know if Lamborghini has a customer pickup option where you can go to the factory for a tour and take delivery of your new cars?
View Quote

Yeah they do, but you have to show your Dogecoin wallet address when you put down the Solana deposit. No poors allowed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Even your precious bitcoin has on-chain shitcoins and memes now

I think you can buy this ordinal NFT for 6.969BTC
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By beastman:

https://i.imgur.com/XZqX2R8.jpeg

View Quote

WTF
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:33:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beastman] [#11]
Originally Posted By P400:

WTF
View Quote

Maybe you're more of a cat person? The floor price on Quantum Cats is only 0.318BTC

ETA That one is listed right now for 1.2 BTC
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:00:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AbstractIdeas] [#12]

Maybe you're more of a cat person? The floor price on Quantum Cats is only 0.318BTC

https://i.imgur.com/9y5WeeC.png

ETA That one is listed right now for 1.2 BTC
View Quote

I saw your comment earlier in this thread.

4 ish Sol into 72 sol on Ewon Mosk Solana.

We waz shitcoin kangs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:12:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HecklerKac] [#13]

Why would I create a taxable event to trade the only sound money for increasingly worthless dollars?

You're right about parking wealth and making money (more value, not more fiat currency )
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:

Absolutely take profits.

Why would I create a taxable event to trade the only sound money for increasingly worthless dollars?

You're right about parking wealth and making money (more value, not more fiat currency )

Because with profits you can buy guns, real estate, food... shit you can hold in your hands.

You do you though and never take a single piece of profit...see how well that works.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Because with profits you can buy guns, real estate, food... shit you can hold in your hands.

You do you though and never take a single piece of profit...see how well that works.
View All Quotes

Absolutely take profits.

You can't eat a Bitcoin.  You can't live in a stack of gold coins.  You can't shoot bad guys with shares of nVidia.

Diversify with a purpose.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GhettoCowboy:
Bitcoin started off as currency.

Bitcoin then became a new type of value storage asset.

Bitcoin has now also become property.

Bitcoin is now still all three of these things at the same time.

Can you buy and sell things with BTC? Yes.
Can you hold BTC for periods of time and buy stuff in the future? Yes.
Can you sit on bitcoin and truly own it and sell off pieces however you want? Yes.

Edit: it also does all three better than anything else.
View Quote

It started as a cool, anti-establishment way to protect against the failing dollar and inflation...now everyone is entering their id and social security number and giving their bank info to get it while the gov tracks it all lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#16]

https://i.imgur.com/XZqX2R8.jpeg

View Quote

It's all yours.

Personally, I favor Luke Dashjr's recommendation that NFTs be required to pay for their total data usage.  Apparently they only have to pay for the transaction data at present, which is why they're able to afford to run their NFT scams on Bitcoin.  IMHO they can keep that garbage on Ethereum where it belongs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AbstractIdeas:

4 ish Sol into 72 sol on Ewon Mosk Solana. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/592350/1000005049-3158084.png

We waz shitcoin kangs.
View Quote

I bought like 10 SOL worth of WIF last year but got spooked and sold for barely any profit. A few weeks later I bought $100 worth again just for the culture. That hundred bucks is almost $1800 now and the Solana degens are about to put the dog on the Las Vegas Sphere lol.

Go check page 432 where I mentioned PEPE. I made a few ETH on that trade but would have a few hundred if I had simply held

I hated meme coins last cycle. Not making that mistake again. Most asymmetric upside any of us plebs will ever stumble upon. Still like 90% in the majors but going to keep playing memes for extra beta.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Saylor on deck to buy another $500 million.

Fucking legend.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToxicMasculinity] [#19]

View Quote

I have enough stuff. Think bigger.

If you're interested in Bitcoin (since you post in this thread) it might be worth the time to understand what it is, what's going on and why. Or you can be critical and pessimistic without really even understanding the fundamentals. You have every right to do either and I'm not interested in convincing you one way or another.

My net worth grows while people spinning their wheels criticize the method, and to be perfectly honest there's something really satisfying about that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]

4 ish Sol into 72 sol on Ewon Mosk Solana. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/592350/1000005049-3158084.png

We waz shitcoin kangs.
View Quote
Nice!

I just started playing around on there and 3x on Thomas the Dank Engine.  Some of these shit coins are hilarious.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By showmeballer:
Nice!

I just started playing around on there and 3x on Thomas the Dank Engine.  Some of these shit coins are hilarious.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157230/IMG_7873_jpeg-3158364.JPG
View All Quotes

We waz shitcoin kangs.
Nice!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157230/IMG_7873_jpeg-3158364.JPG
Problem is buying them...
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:
View Quote
More like the problem is selling them due to rug pulls and honey pots...
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:
View Quote

It's almost too easy to buy them
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Couple more questions.
What the hell is up with Paypal?  Bought t some BTC, sent it to my wallet. Bought some more, did it again. No problem.  Bought a bigger amount and tried to send it to an address I made on my ledger for my kid and "oops, there's a problem". Been a week of that crap?  CS is no help, "wait 24 hrs and try again". Gre thanks.

Ok that was more of a rant, now the question

Is it a taxable event for either myself or someone else when I sent BTC to them that I purchased?  I want to seed by for my kids.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#25]
More like the problem is selling them due to rug pulls and honey pots...
View Quote

I like dextools.io because it shows if the contract has been verified, if it's a honeypot, and whether there is a buy or sell tax. I've never been rugged (yet) but I'm also quick to bail on these shitters if the devs start acting sketchier than usual.

One way people really fuck up is gambling with too much of their money. I wouldn't punt more than 1% of my crypto portfolio on a random shitter. Maybe 10% if I had some actual conviction.

That said, if I had balls of steel and zero risk management I could have already made multiple millions this cycle.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#26]
March 13 2024

BTC Data

Market Cap: $1.45 Trillion. About a 15 % increase from November 10, 2021

24 Hour Volume: $63.46 Billion. About a 24% increase from November 10, 2021

Interesting!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:31:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone had experience withdrawing cash (to your bank card) from Coinbase? Easy/Convenient?

I'm considering taking some profit from the DOGE jump (I've got a decent amount of DOGE left over from the '21 wildness) before it inevitably plummets.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#28]
I’m glad I reverse mortgaged my home and went balls deep on the bitcoins.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
I’m glad I reverse mortgaged my home and went balls deep on the bitcoins.
View Quote

You can be snarky or you can read "hard money you can't f* with" ( or any other book on the subject). Changed my life's outlook. On money that is
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Another day, another ATH as BTC traded briefly right around 73.8.

Lots of selling pressure at that level, but buyers are swooping in to take up the slack.  It's still above a short term rising trend and will likely break up or down by Friday.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#31]
SOL made a nice move above the 150 mark in the last day or so as well, sitting a little above $170.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Ender875:

You can be snarky or you can read "hard money you can't f* with" ( or any other book on the subject). Changed my life's outlook. On money that is
View Quote

Dog-Meat is on btc’s side. About10 pages back he suggested that a new guy reverse mortgage the house for more BTC. Somewhat jokingly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By goloud:

Dog-Meat is on btc’s side. About10 pages back he suggested that a new guy reverse mortgage the house for more BTC. Somewhat jokingly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By goloud:

Ahh, must have been confused with the other BTC thread now.

Mea culpa @dog-meat
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Ahh, must have been confused with the other BTC thread now.

Mea culpa @dog-meat
View Quote

There’s another BTC thread?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Brahmzy:

There’s another BTC thread?
View Quote

Yeah, one without gold in the title
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:26:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#36]
Couple more questions.
What the hell is up with Paypal?  Bought t some BTC, sent it to my wallet. Bought some more, did it again. No problem.  Bought a bigger amount and tried to send it to an address I made on my ledger for my kid and "oops, there's a problem". Been a week of that crap?  CS is no help, "wait 24 hrs and try again". Gre thanks.

Is it a taxable event for either myself or someone else when I sent BTC to them that I purchased?  I want to seed by for my kids.

View Quote

Seems to me it would be a gift, so this year you can gift up to $18K to a person without having a taxable event.  That's the exclusion amount.  Lifetime is  $13.6 million
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Seems to me it would be a gift, so this year you can gift up to $18K to a person without having a taxable event.  That's the exclusion amount.  Lifetime is  $13.6 million
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Couple more questions.

In addition to the gift tax annual exclusion, which a spouse can also partake in, there is a lifetime gift tax exclusion available.  But in general, no, transfers to one's own wallet are not taxable.  The ledger may be intended for your kid when he gets older, but for all practical purposes it's a self-custody wallet.

Possible explanations:  The amount Paypal allows transfers on may be limited.  They may have locked your account due to suspicious activity.  Who knows.  Looks like a Paypal issue, because otherwise nothing would prevent the transfer to the wallet.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:48:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sebastian_MacMaine] [#38]
UK Judge: Craig Wright Lied, Is Not Satoshi

Craig Wright is not Satoshi Nakamoto or the author of the Bitcoin whitepaper, U.K. Judge James Mellor said after closing arguments in the Crypto Open Patent Alliance trial on Thursday.

After finding that the evidence was "overwhelming," the judge said he plans to write a ruling that Wright is not Nakamoto, is not the creator of Bitcoin, the author of the Bitcoin whitepaper nor the creator of Bitcoin's technology.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Another day, another ATH as BTC traded briefly right around 73.8.

Lots of selling pressure at that level, but buyers are swooping in to take up the slack.  It's still above a short term rising trend and will likely break up or down by Friday.
View Quote
Quoting myself on an update.

A battle kicked off at about 8:35 CDT as the rising trend was touched at 72.3k.

So far the bears have it and are sending it lower (71.5k now), but there is a lot of buying too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:
View Quote

Came to post this.  Not into the minute details, but reducing the (remote) chance of legal pains associated with bitcoin can only be good news.  

My bitx is down 5% this morning so I was considering selling it.  
Just kidding, I bought more since it's on sale!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Also this:

Gold Advocate Peter Schiff Finally Admits to Regretting Not Buying Bitcoin in 2010

"Do I wish I had made the decision to have thrown $10,000, $50,000, $100,000 into it?" Schiff pondered aloud during the podcast. "Sure. I may be worth hundreds of millions assuming I didn't sell. But again, I don't know what I would have done had I made that decision."

If he is willing to say that publicly, imagine how he feels on the inside.  His reputation is dependent on staying on the wrong side.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Also this:

Gold Advocate Peter Schiff Finally Admits to Regretting Not Buying Bitcoin in 2010

"Do I wish I had made the decision to have thrown $10,000, $50,000, $100,000 into it?" Schiff pondered aloud during the podcast. "Sure. I may be worth hundreds of millions assuming I didn't sell. But again, I don't know what I would have done had I made that decision."

If he is willing to say that publicly, imagine how he feels on the inside.  His reputation is dependent on staying on the wrong side.
View Quote

I'm sure he would say the same thing about buying NVDA stock right after it went public. Tech stocks are also not in his investing wheelhouse. Not sure how he's not completely broke.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Sorry guys, my fault, sold some things, cleared last night, bought FBTC this morning.  Mea Culpa
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By nh11b:
Sorry guys, my fault, sold some things, cleared last night, bought FBTC this morning.  Mea Culpa
View Quote

if you wouldn't mind doing it again i had one limit order that didn't hit

thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TexRdnec:
if you wouldn't mind doing it again i had one limit order that didn't hit
View Quote

My $54 limit order for bitx happened..... and it just hit $53!  

Quick, somebody do something!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Craig Wright is not Satoshi Nakamoto or the author of the Bitcoin whitepaper, U.K. Judge James Mellor said after closing arguments in the Crypto Open Patent Alliance trial on Thursday.

After finding that the evidence was "overwhelming," the judge said he plans to write a ruling that Wright is not Nakamoto, is not the creator of Bitcoin, the author of the Bitcoin whitepaper nor the creator of Bitcoin's technology.

Craig Fucking Wright.  Bye, pal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:00:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HecklerKac] [#48]

If you're interested in Bitcoin (since you post in this thread) it might be worth the time to understand what it is, what's going on and why. Or you can be critical and pessimistic without really even understanding the fundamentals. You have every right to do either and I'm not interested in convincing you one way or another.

My net worth grows while people spinning their wheels criticize the method, and to be perfectly honest there's something really satisfying about that.
View All Quotes

I consider it another means go park wealth or make money. I do not think it will ever be used as a mainstream currency or anything like that in our lifetime. People should absolutely take profits once in awhile to avoid being bag holders, it's only a matter of when if the past is any indication. I must be wrong though...please elaborate and enlighten me. I am all ears.

"I have enough stuff"...well the average person doesnt....not that I would consider guns, food & a house "stuff" as they are essential. Your serving size of one is not reality.  Also, you're "think bigger" is feel good bullshit & copied right from reddit memes.

You are up right now, you are in whats called a euphoria phase. You cannot lose & consider yourself a genuis....this is dangerous thinking. You guys pop up every time there's a rally.  I would bet anything it was nothing but crickets from you when it was 30k not long ago.
Keep diversifying. You don't know shit. None of us do.
I swear dude...you're the type of person that turns people off from it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Fear not

Papa Saylor will be here soon
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Rifleman_1646:
Fear not

Papa Saylor will be here soon
View Quote

We haven't seen prices this low since...Monday!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 508
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top