Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 23
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for the late check in...Wojo is present.

How about a copy of the book for my viewing pleasure?

Many thanks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sorry for the late check in...Wojo is present.

How about a copy of the book for my viewing pleasure?

Many thanks.

Shoot me your e-mail address and I'll shoot you a copy of the book.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I got mail from TX today - will pass it on ASAP.

awesome.  

Quoted:
Yep, he is.

thank you, sir.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#4]
FIREMISSION !!!:

Lacey has left the naming of the little one up to Nick ... here are the three names, as of his phone call this morning with her, that he is considering.

Feel free to vote and I'll pass the results onto Lacey so she can pass on to Nick when he calls next.  Not saying it will make a difference but what the hell, it'll be fun seeing who likes what name the best (wife unit and I have already agreed on which one we like the best).  

Email me with your vote by May 13th - don't want to tie up the pages here.  [email protected]

Would like to provide the results to Lacey before next Wednesday in case Nick gets a chance to call her ... seems he can call about once every 7-days or so.

Scarlett
Riley
Haley

Feel free to include any other name(s) ... Nick left his Baby Names book at Naray so he's apparently trying to just remember those that stuck in his mind.  *laughing*

Link Posted: 5/8/2008 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
FIREMISSION !!!:

Lacey has left the naming of the little one up to Nick ... here are the three names, as of his phone call this morning with her, that he is considering.

Feel free to vote and I'll pass the results onto Lacey so she can pass on to Nick when he calls next.  Not saying it will make a difference but what the hell, it'll be fun seeing who likes what name the best (wife unit and I have already agreed on which one we like the best).  

Email me with your vote by May 13th - don't want to tie up the pages here.  [email protected]

Would like to provide the results to Lacey before next Wednesday in case Nick gets a chance to call her ... seems he can call about once every 7-days or so.

Scarlett
Riley
Haley

Feel free to include any other name(s) ... Nick left his Baby Names book at Naray so he's apparently trying to just remember those that stuck in his mind.  *laughing*

I thought hard 'bout a baby girl name when wife unit was prego with child # 2...due to both family history's...boy 1st & 2nd being female...

However...no girl....Hence Ian was born 900124

Yet Chelsea was my girl name....."Chelsea Ann Gow"...

Just a thought.....Chelsea means "Seaport"......grandpa being Naval...just saying
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Bruce,
The book went out yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bruce,

THANKS George !!  This is GR8TWYT's book correct ??  Just asking so I know where to send it if no one else wants to read it after I finish it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bruce,

THANKS George !!  This is GR8TWYT's book correct ??  Just asking so I know where to send it if no one else wants to read it after I finish it.

I'm sure someone else will want to read it!  Don't forget to sign the inside cover before you send it along.
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#9]
For Rubicon & Darkstar:

From The Corpus Christi Caller Times, March 26, 2008

U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer Saves Life of Air Force Pilot in a Horse-Back Riding Mishap

A U.S. Air Force Pilot with the 32nd Tactical Fighter Squadron narrowly escaped serious injury recently when he attempted horseback riding with no prior experience. He mounted the horse, unassisted, and the horse immediately began moving. As it galloped along at a steady and rhythmic pace, the pilot began to slip sideways from the saddle.

Although attempting to grab for the horse's mane he could not get a firm grip. He then threw his arms around the horse's neck but continued to slide down the side of the horse. The horse galloped along, seemingly oblivious to its slipping rider. Finally, losing his grip, the Major attempted to leap away from the horse and throw himself to safety. His foot became entangled in the stirrup, and he was at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as his head and upper body repeatedly struck the ground.

Moments away from unconsciousness and probable death, to his great fortune a United States Navy Chief Petty Officer, shopping at Wal-Mart, saw him and quickly unplugged the horse!

*snorts*
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
FIREMISSION !!!:

Scarlett
Riley
Haley

Middle name suggestion = Melissa  

Why you ask??  Well Melissa sounds a lot like MILITIA!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/9/2008 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Middle name suggestion = Melissa  

Why you ask??  Well Melissa sounds a lot like MILITIA!!!!!

Ironically enough, that was Nick's Grandmother's choice for a first name, she's always wanted a "Missy".  

Regardless, all votes and suggestions are going to be passed onto Lacey so she can pass on to Nick for when he can call again.  donne3, USMC_Dad and jjoinson have all voted/made further suggestions as well, to date.
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#12]
SITREP - FYI !!!

For any sending boxes to Nick - be advised everything is being 'air dropped' - helo's can't land where they're at - so anything being discharged is pretty much dumped out of the helo.  Meaning, don't include anything that can break !!!  

Monday's Flat Rate:

** MORE socks !!  Between last box and this one, all in the Platoon will have at least one pair of new socks.
** A crap load of Carmex - Nick said it's starting to get warm so lip balm is once again desired.
** A crap load of floss sticks
** GREAT catalog from Tactical Tailor (ex-Army Sniper started the company before being killed last month in car accident - company is moving on and still providing absolutely the best gear you can find anywhere.)  www.tacticaltailor.com
** Visine Eye Drops
** Whatever munchies I can stuff into what space remains ...
** Movies: Blue Comedy Tour 1,2,3; Cloverfield; Charlies Wilson's War; Land of the Dead (still converting others to .wmv, will adjust list as I finish)  

Boys watch movies on their laptops so I now just convert them to high-quality .wmv's where I can put 4/5 movies on one data DVD rather than just one regular DVD movie per disc.  Thanks to AVS Video Converter - GREAT program - let's you convert any kind of video to any kind of video format you want.

Link Posted: 5/9/2008 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Kayleigh (pronounced Kaylee) after my oldest, who BTW turns 18 tomorrow!
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Can't use it ... we already have a KayLeigh in the family ... 2-years old and a little shit - gets her attitude from my ultra liberal sister ... God help us - quite sure she's going to end up as a NAG (National Association of Gals, to use Rush Limbaugh's definition of the NOW types)!!!  *laughing*  

Fortunately, her Great Grandmother is a die-hard O'Reilly fan and since she babysits everyday, there is still hope for that little one.  *snorts*

One of Mom's biggest thrills was this photo of Nick and O'Reilly ... she has her copy, it's framed and sitting on her dresser.   REALLY !!  AND, my autographed photo that Nick had Bill sign for me is framed as well and displayed here in the "Cave".  *laughing*

Link Posted: 5/9/2008 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

it happens too fast.    my condolences to you and the Mrs., and also a thank you, as I appreciate ANYONE who can raise a girl to 18.    (sometimes I wonder if we'll make it to 16!)

and VERY COOL PIC of Nick and O'Reilly, Bruce!!!  

picked up a some Loaded Baked Potato pringles, Extreme Cheddar pringles, spicy serrano steak sauce, habanero salsa, southwest chipotle steak sauce, campfire roasted medium salsa, 2 packs of twizzlers, 2 bowls of rotel queso dip, and bite sized Tostitos...  (as much as possible, I bought Texas made)  box will go out to Guzman in the morning.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KAYLEIGH !

Wishing the site allowed for some music for all the dancing - I collect 'midi' music and had the perfect Birthday music to accompany the icons ....
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#17]
"She" is finished !!!  "Old Ironsides" 1812 replica, carriage built to exact specifications ...

HOWEVER - as much as I want to do it now ... I'm going to wait.

"Her" first shot will be on July 4th - not only for Independence Day ... BUT to also commemorate the beginning of the 1-91st Recon Platoon Thread started by GR8TWYT on July 4, 2007 !!!!

Pic's and video will be taken, posted and forwarded ... just excuse if you see me running in the video after 'loading' ... we've been assured that the gun will take a "Cherry Bomb' charge, but I ain't taking any chances ... meaning, I'll load it and then I'm getting my ass out of there !!  

... and yeah, that's a Ron Diaz Spiced Run, most appropriate.  Just included to give you some perspective as to the size ...

Link Posted: 5/9/2008 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
For Rubicon & Darkstar:

From The Corpus Christi Caller Times, March 26, 2008

U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer Saves Life of Air Force Pilot in a Horse-Back Riding Mishap

A U.S. Air Force Pilot with the 32nd Tactical Fighter Squadron narrowly escaped serious injury recently when he attempted horseback riding with no prior experience. He mounted the horse, unassisted, and the horse immediately began moving. As it galloped along at a steady and rhythmic pace, the pilot began to slip sideways from the saddle.

Although attempting to grab for the horse's mane he could not get a firm grip. He then threw his arms around the horse's neck but continued to slide down the side of the horse. The horse galloped along, seemingly oblivious to its slipping rider. Finally, losing his grip, the Major attempted to leap away from the horse and throw himself to safety. His foot became entangled in the stirrup, and he was at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as his head and upper body repeatedly struck the ground.

Moments away from unconsciousness and probable death, to his great fortune a United States Navy Chief Petty Officer, shopping at Wal-Mart, saw him and quickly unplugged the horse!

*snorts*

WTH......No ejection seat on that beast!?!?!?!!!!!!!......
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
WTH......No ejection seat on that beast!?!?!?!!!!!!!......

Sorry Buds .... just couldn't resist not posting it after receiving from a fellow retired Chief.  

Link Posted: 5/9/2008 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it happens too fast.    my condolences to you and the Mrs., and also a thank you, as I appreciate ANYONE who can raise a girl to 18.    (sometimes I wonder if we'll make it to 16!)

and VERY COOL PIC of Nick and O'Reilly, Bruce!!!  

picked up a some Loaded Baked Potato pringles, Extreme Cheddar pringles, spicy serrano steak sauce, habanero salsa, southwest chipotle steak sauce, campfire roasted medium salsa, 2 packs of twizzlers, 2 bowls of rotel queso dip, and bite sized Tostitos...  (as much as possible, I bought Texas made)  box will go out to Guzman in the morning.  

I'll send a head's up to Guzman.  And if you could put a note in the box that says "NOW??", I'd appreciate it.  Prior to deployment we worked some pretty long hours and it got to be a running joke between us.  I'd originally started asking "Are we there yet?", he'd say "No.", every now and then I'd ask "what about now?"...after a bit, all I had to do was look in his direction and he'd say "Not Yet!"

A little background on the Guz...

He's on his second deployment to Iraq, both with 4ID.  He's JUST tall enough to have enlisted in the Army.  He is the only person I know who can stand up in the crew compartment of a Bradley fighting vehicle.  Not saying he's short or anything, but he needs a stepladder to put his boots on  He's a native Californian, somewhere between San Diego and LA, can't recall right now.  

Here's a pic of Guz enjoying a cigar from Outlaw Cigar of KC...Kendall at Outlaw is doing a bangup job of supporting the troops, he sends out about 4-5 boxes of cigars to deployed Military every week.

And for scale purposes, that is an M4 he has in his right hand, overall length of 29.75 inches with stock collapsed...
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Awwww, he's like a soldier - only smaller!  j/k Guz - donne3 will have you all grown up in no time with her Texas style con queso!
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#22]

The deciding factor is not the size of the dog in the fight but, the size of the fight in the dog..... but, it never hurts to throw an M203 into the mix.
sw1217
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The deciding factor is not the size of the dog in the fight but, the size of the fight in the dog..... but, it never hurts to throw an M203 into the mix.
sw1217

Guzman is a Chihuahua... And that my friends is a full frontal compliment.

Point being......Guz is more a "Devil Dawg" than an Army Doggie.

Hooahh Guzman !!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
i122.photobucket.com/albums/o275/idpassr/DSCN1302.jpg
sw1217

Concur about the 'dog in the fight'.  I'm just a measley 5'7", 160lbs ... but I'll kick anyone's ass ... well 5/6 shots of Tequila and/or a whole lot of Spiced Rum tells me that I can....

to Guzman and HEY ... feel free to send some of those cigars back to the States - I'll even accept a 'used one' just to taste a good Cuban again !!!    Haven't had a cigarette since '82 ... but oh yeah, I do sooooo love a good cigar - my Swisher Little Cigars are great ... but compared to a Cuban ... it's like driving a Toyota but then given the opportunity of driving a Lamborgini ... *DUH*  
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i122.photobucket.com/albums/o275/idpassr/DSCN1302.jpg
sw1217

Concur about the 'dog in the fight'.  I'm just a measley 5'7", 160lbs ... but I'll kick anyone's ass ... well 5/6 shots of Tequila and/or a whole lot of Spiced Rum tells me that I can....

to Guzman and HEY ... feel free to send some of those cigars back to the States - I'll even accept a 'used one' just to taste a good Cuban again !!!  

Height...Weight...Tequila...Not so sure about the Rum

I get it now...you are my long lost OLDER brother
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Whoo Hoo !! Got another one without even trying !!!  

Quoted:

Plans are, at this point anyway - heading to Ft Myers, Florida in October to see my 1st Grandson and 1st Granddaughter (Kirstin is due August 8th) (Lacey will have my 2nd little girl on/about Sept 1st)

Meaning - meet me !!!  And after some shots of Tequila and/or ???? ... we'll see who is the "older brother".  BUT ... thinking we'd both pass out before we could even arm wrestle. *snorts*
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Oops ... Don't ask ...
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Hello everyone.  I just got some good and bad news from Brandon.  He is in Germany and on his way back stateside.  He was pulled offline for treatment of recurring problems with his previous wounds.  Glad to know he is coming home but I hate that he is having more medical issues.   Thanks to everyone for all you have done for him.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hello everyone.  I just got some good and bad news from Brandon.  He is in Germany and on his way back stateside.  He was pulled offline for treatment of recurring problems with his previous wounds.  Glad to know he is coming home but I hate that he is having more medical issues.   Thanks to everyone for all you have done for him.  

mixed feelings - I'm glad he's coming home safely, but I can't imagine how he must feel...  still - to go back after all he went through is amazing, and we are so very proud of him and are so thankful that he's coming home safely.  

(and just because he won't be "over there" anymore doesn't mean he isn't one of "our boys" anymore - we're still here for whatever he needs.  except a shiny new Maserati.  )
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks!  But I would be willing to bet he would like the car, I know his dad would.
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted: we're still here for whatever he needs.  except a shiny new Maserati.  )

Mommy - I wanna Lamborgini or Testrosa !!!  

Quoted:
Hello everyone. I just got some good and bad news from Brandon. He is in Germany and on his way back stateside. He was pulled offline for treatment of recurring problems with his previous wounds. Glad to know he is coming home but I hate that he is having more medical issues. Thanks to everyone for all you have done for him.

JUST GLAD he's out of that shit hole and soon to be home safe !!!

2-1/2 months to go and I can join you in finally getting a good night's sleep ...
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Whoo Hoo !! Got another one without even trying !!!  

Quoted:

Plans are, at this point anyway - heading to Ft Myers, Florida in October to see my 1st Grandson and 1st Granddaughter (Kirstin is due August 8th) (Lacey will have my 2nd little girl on/about Sept 1st)

Meaning - meet me !!!  And after some shots of Tequila and/or ???? ... we'll see who is the "older brother".  BUT ... thinking we'd both pass out before we could even arm wrestle. *snorts*

you better tell me when yer in Ft. Myers.......... I will drive over and do some hand shaking and booze drinking with you........ only a couple hours from me..........

Link Posted: 5/10/2008 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

He's done enough T.W. - Tell him we're all proud of him.
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's done enough T.W. - Tell him we're all proud of him.

AMEN !!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
you better tell me when yer in Ft. Myers.......... I will drive over and do some hand shaking and booze drinking with you........ only a couple hours from me..........

Well Duh !!!  Wife unit has already been advised that was going to happen!!! We can show my SWAT son-in-law how it's done.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Mommy - I wanna Lamborgini or Testrosa !!!

LOL - did you clean your room, young man?  
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Awwww, he's like a soldier - only smaller!  j/k Guz - donne3 will have you all grown up in no time with her Texas style con queso!

Can't.

Breath.

Laughing.

Too.

Hard.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Talked to CPL Haywood and put in a request for more pics.  The actual request that the guys who get stuff take a pic with the stuff they get so I can start passing them along to ya'll.

Internet access is pretty choppy where they are, but CPL Haywood said he's going to try and access AR.15.com to say howdy.  Is there an AR15.com lite version, like for people with slow connections?
GB

Also...does anyone know a "serbspaniard"?  I got an email from him asking if 1/22 was deployed...
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I think we should send an Ipaq111 w/Exbal to SGT Cardinal & the boys.  What say you Militia!?
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I think we should send an Ipaq111 w/Exbal to SGT Cardinal & the boys.  What say you Militia!?

I think they could use it, and we have the funds...  I vote aye.
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Let me check first, they fielded the M110's before deployment and I don't remember if they had a ballistic computer in the deployment kit.  

George
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You know me.......

Two Thumbs Up
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Thank you, I believe that too.  He has given more than we should ask.  As have many!  I am just glad to get him home without being in a box.  Fathers are not supposed to bury their son's.  And I do grieve for those who have!  Everyone on this site are Great Americans and I Salute you all!  My graditude for your support to Brandon, Nick and the other guys can not be put into words.......Sorry got to go, I can't see the keys to type.
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#43]
K, looks like they didn't get a ballistic computer in the kit.  I don't know if I'm a voting member, but I think it's a pretty darned good idea!

George
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Thank you, I believe that too.  He has given more than we should ask.  As have many!  I am just glad to get him home without being in a box.  Fathers are not supposed to bury their son's.  And I do grieve for those who have!  Everyone on this site are Great Americans and I Salute you all!  My graditude for your support to Brandon, Nick and the other guys can not be put into words.......Sorry got to go, I can't see the keys to type.

I'm with you brother.

Link Posted: 5/10/2008 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Happy Mothers Day

Clara Jo Gow ...Aug. 27th 1933 to Apr.8th 2005

Link Posted: 5/10/2008 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't.

Breath.

Laughing.

Too.

Hard.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Talked to CPL Haywood and put in a request for more pics.  The actual request that the guys who get stuff take a pic with the stuff they get so I can start passing them along to ya'll.

Internet access is pretty choppy where they are, but CPL Haywood said he's going to try and access AR.15.com to say howdy.  Is there an AR15.com lite version, like for people with slow connections? Link to lite version This can be found in the top bar of every page at the 0ne o'clock.
GB

Also...does anyone know a "serbspaniard"?  I got an email from him asking if 1/22 was deployed...

No Worries, GOOD GUY
sw1217
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Nuff said!
sw1217
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

FER SURE !!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Test T-Shirt has arrived and I'm more than satisfied and a whole lot less hassle involved as fsk1290 went through for the Militia T's.  

Anyway, if you'd like one email me [email protected] with what wording you'd like across the top - I'll make the changes and email the master image back to you.  
Go to www.cafepress.com, look for "Dark Shirt" (both long sleeve and T-shirt available).  Upload your image and follow checkout procedures.  $23.99 with shipping.

Link Posted: 5/11/2008 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Looks great !!!

e-mail on the way.
Page / 23
Top Top