img240.imageshack.us/img240/6242/harharhar0ew.gif

You bastard! I just screamed like a little girl

at least it worked on someone

heh
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
(as posted in another ghost thread here)

I've got a ghost kitty - white, probably persian, about 6 months old. He(?) runs from the dining roopm, through the living room then upstairs or down to the basement. I've only seen him when I've been really tired or drunk, but the wife's seen him too.

The cats will watch him run through the room, and the kittens will chase him, then stop with a WTF? when he vanishes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img240.imageshack.us/img240/6242/harharhar0ew.gif

You bastard! I just screamed like a little girl

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Check this link out.  This is from the town my mom and in-laws live in.  If I have it figured out right that house is directly across the street from the church my wife and I got married in.  

paranormal site
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I was reading these and two hats fell off the hat rack on my wall.  I am sure (this time) that it is a coincidence, but it was unnerving nevertheless.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]
......... ............ BOO!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
......... ............ BOO!

Watch it, sir, watch it.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#11]
If I walked through a ghost, would that mean you know, we did "it"?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My best-friend Bill just bought a house with his friend Jenny as his roommate. It was built in the 1930's, it's about 1200 square feet with 3 bedrooms, built on a crawlspace. It sat empty for 3 years.

When he first moved in a few weeks ago he was telling us that he thought it was kind of strange that in the bedrooms the locks were backwards; they locked from the outside. He also thought it was strange that there were eyehooks in the walls in the bedrooms at about knee level. Kind of the height that you would tie someone up if they were sitting on the floor. Pretty strange so far, yes?

Well, lucky us, we get to go over and feed his pets for the weekend, while he is out of town, so he came over to give us his key.

As soon as they get into our house they start asking me if I can research their house for them. I'm the guy who knows how to look up stuff on those mysterious computer thingamajigs. So, I of course, ask them why.

It turns out that they keep hearing voices in the house when noone is around and creaking upstairs like someone walking around up there. Not just sometimes but all the time when they are home. The weird thing is that the floor doesn't creak.

They both kept trying to reason why this was happening and dismissing it until one day Jenny, the girl he lives with, went to her daughter's room with both her arms full of toys to put them away, while her daughter was gone. She walked into the room and laid them down and when she turned around, the door was closed. The doors in their house were never trimmed right and it is difficult to shut them since they drag on the carpet.

The next day she was in the kitchen, making a sandwich, Bill was in the Garage outside, and she says she heard very loud, and clear as day, a young child, right at her elbow, yelling, "Mama, Maaaammmmmaaaa, maaaaamaaa!!"

True story. I've known both of them for many years and both of them have poo pooed me in the past about experiences I've had.

Any of you had an experience with the supernatural?

Good story, but what did your research turn up?    
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

At first impression the only thing of interest was the sound, the crusher on the floor above made this incredibly deep hum that was very loud but so deep pitched that you could barely hear it.

Interesting, I have read accounts of low-frequency audio and electrical disturbances that can 'cause' a fear reaction in humans.

It would not suprise me if that room were resonant at a low frequency, amplifying the sound of the rock crusher above...it could be a powerful, concentrated fear producer.  Imagination and stories could take care of the rest.

With all my rational explanations I probably would still run screaming like a little girl.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:06:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Gents,
My good friend bought, and is restoring a house, built in 1910-1915 range. He is restoring it, and lets say he's opened a pandoras box! His ghost is actually quite playful and humorous. This is no shit, I've seen it. While I was there, the house is EMPTY 100% , just he and I, he used a putty knife, set it down and told me to look where he put it, I did. we walked away, him leading the way, glanced back at his suggestion, putty knife still there.  Then he told me to wait, "she'll" come and get it...  We went upstairs for 5 minutes, came back downstairs to the putty knife GONE!  The he thanked "her" and said he needed it back to finish the days project. A sound of an object hitting the ground came from behind us, we turn around and there is the damn putty knife! On the cement floor, and about 30 feet from where we were standing [we were standing where he placed it originally]. Unbelieveable?, it happened to me. This basement is gutted nothing there but the floor and sawhorses, a few tools etc, and a few sheets of drywall. No where to hide, no where no how.  He also stated "she" hates swearing, and dislikes uncouth behavior. He learned this the hard way. If you swear "she" takes his stuff and wont give it back for days. And the first thing he did after buying the house, is making one bathroom usable so that when nature calls he can use it while restoring. He fixes the toilet, and decides to try it out. As a man, he pees standing up, door open no worries noone else is around... WHAM the door slams shut and scares the CRAP out of him. But it thinks maybe there's a breeze so payed it no mind.  Goes to the bathroom again later, leaves the door wide open, and same deal WHAM slams shut. And hears, yes hears someone making the tisk tisk tisk noise. He is FREAKED OUT. But he stayed and continued with the demolition of interior walls etc. Goes to the bathroom some time later, closes the door, pees, comes out and all of his tools have been placed neatly in his tool box. I mean ALL of them. He takes the hint and left the house for that day. He called me that day, we met and told me the days events. There were more, but let's say I was a non-believer then. That is THEN.   True stories gents, that's all I can say....

myitnaw

Your friend has encountered what is called a "House Spirit" or "Brownie".  If it doesn't bother him then tell him to just be nice and neat, polite and such and he'll get a long fine with her.  From time to time he can leave a bit of good qualtiy bread, reall butter and bit of milk for her at night.  This is acceptable.  If he enjoys her company this is ALL he ever need do besides be a neat, clean, hardworking fellow.  Tel him NEVER EVER leave her any other gifts but what I have mentioned.  If he leaves anything else then she becomes "paid off" and will leave...often very sad and upset.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:13:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I love how people absolutely refuse to see any other explanation other than the paranormal one.

I think stuff like what some experience actually happens. I just think that most of it can  be explained. Its just that many folks dont want to have a rational or logical explanation, and many others dont want them to even seek an alternative or mundane explanation other that the paranormal one.

Again, I am not saying it does not happen and I am sure some folks have some genuine crazy paranormal experiences. I am not a disbeliever at all. I have had some experiences that after much searching, I have some to find thats it was perfectly normal. I felt a little let down because ghosts, OBE's, levitation, and all then would be a heck of a lit more fun or interesting than sleep paralysis.

He doesnt have to listen to me and I never said his experience was bunk. Some are pretty sensitive to this I can see and thats cool and understandable, the unknown is scary. I just offered up an explanation that should at least be looked into if one had this type of experience , especially semi frequently.

Whats wrong with seeking a mundane explanation? Why do people put forth so much resistance? Those area  bigger mystery to me than ghosts.

Very well said, WilbBoar, you'd be a good Para Investigator.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:26:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I tried everything to get rid of her. Holy water, sage, lemons, putting the Ghostbusters theme music on repeat whenever I left the house, I even called a priest to do an exorcism. Nothing worked.

By this point I was really getting tired of her messing with my stuff and just standing there staring at me with that sad look on her face. On the other hand, I hadn't been getting any action lately, so I began to take advantage of her, shall we say, situation and just unzipped my pants and started jacking off every time the ghost appeared. One of the advantages of living alone, and all.

Stupid bitch left after the fourth or fifth time and never came back. Sure, she wants attention from everyone for a quarter of a century, but the moment you give it to her she runs off.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I exorcised a house all on my own.

Swindle inadvertently "paid off"  a House Spirit in the STRANGEST DAMN WAY I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:58:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:08:40 AM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#19]
My little sister was driving a back road up here in Northeast PA at night, slammed on her brakes to not hit a guy standing in the roadway, and who suddenly stopped being there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it was casper the freindly ghost

There are no friendly ghosts, IMHO.

+1,000
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I believe, one day my brother was walking down the hall in my parents house when something grab his shoulder and spun him around 180 degrees. I went to the head in the middle of the night and came back to the bedroom my brother and I shared to see a cloaked figure standing at the foot of my brothers bed, just standing there looking back and forth, there was no face only blackness where the face should have been.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:23:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Me and some friends were sitting in a living room once.  We were wide awake.  One person gets the idea to start "laughing" at the devil (he was a young christian).  At that moment, a full size mirror flew off the wall and broke into dozens of pieces.  Now, you can say that it was going to fall off the wall anyway, but if you were there, the timing of the event made it clear what was going on did not appear to be appreciated.  I don't think it was a ghost, but some evil entity.

I had some friends who wanted to do a seance/mess around with a ouija board. I refused because as a Christian I'm not doing any occult bullshit.

The ouija board stopped working every time I stepped into the room. When I stepped out again, it started working again. Then I tried an experiment and, while outside the room, began reciting one of the few Bible verses I'd bothered to memorize. It stopped working again and remained motionless until I finished reciting.

They threw out the ouija board and everybody showed up at church the next day.

I've also encountered what I can only explain as being an angel. I have witnesses who will back me up on it.

Every other weird/spooky thing I've ever seen has had a scientific/"rational" explanation for it that easily explains what I saw/experienced without resorting to supernatural means.

You are going in the right direction.

I have never had an encounter with either ghosts/demons or UFO/aliens.  I have been a Christian since about 18.

My sister lives in a haunted house.  She had lots of stories, but nothing ever happened while I was there.  I also live not too far from where a group of young people and a high school teacher I know saw a UFO.  I have been in that are more often than I can remember and never seen anything.

It is not a coincidence that areas which have very strong Bible influence have few UFO sightings and hauntings.  On the other hand, the northeast (where I lived 36 years) and southwest have relatively few Bible-believing churches, and hauntings and UFO sightings/encounters are rampant.  Same goes for CA.  I live in NC where such stories are so rare that, having lived here 13 years, I can't remember a single time where the subject came up in conversation as a first or second-hand experience.

The only Christian I ever heard of that had encounters with the bizarre went looking for it.

I keep aware of it and read stuff like this just to stay current.  But I count it a specific benefit of divine protection that I never have, nor wish to have, such encounters.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Me and some friends were sitting in a living room once.  We were wide awake.  One person gets the idea to start "laughing" at the devil (he was a young christian).  At that moment, a full size mirror flew off the wall and broke into dozens of pieces.  Now, you can say that it was going to fall off the wall anyway, but if you were there, the timing of the event made it clear what was going on did not appear to be appreciated.  I don't think it was a ghost, but some evil entity.

I had some friends who wanted to do a seance/mess around with a ouija board. I refused because as a Christian I'm not doing any occult bullshit.

The ouija board stopped working every time I stepped into the room. When I stepped out again, it started working again. Then I tried an experiment and, while outside the room, began reciting one of the few Bible verses I'd bothered to memorize. It stopped working again and remained motionless until I finished reciting.

They threw out the ouija board and everybody showed up at church the next day.

I've also encountered what I can only explain as being an angel. I have witnesses who will back me up on it.

Every other weird/spooky thing I've ever seen has had a scientific/"rational" explanation for it that easily explains what I saw/experienced without resorting to supernatural means.

I have never had an encounter with either ghosts/demons or UFO/aliens.  I have been a Christian since about 18.

My sister lives in a haunted house.  She had lots of stories, but nothing ever happened while I was there.  I also live not too far from where a group of young people and a high school teacher I know saw a UFO.  I have been in that are more often than I can remember and never seen anything.

It is not a coincidence that areas which have very strong Bible influence have few UFO sightings and hauntings.  On the other hand, the northeast (where I lived 36 years) and southwest have relatively few Bible-believing churches, and hauntings and UFO sightings/encounters are rampant.  Same goes for CA.  I live in NC where such stories are so rare that, having lived here 13 years, I can't remember a single time where the subject came up in conversation as a first or second-hand experience.

The only Christian I ever heard of that had encounters with the bizarre went looking for it.

I keep aware of it and read stuff like this just to stay current.  But I count it a specific benefit of divine protection that I never have, nor wish to have, such encounters.

Consider yourself LUCKY but NOT correct in your assumption.....certainly, asking God for protection is imprtant and God WILL protect you when you need it but do NOT forget He can just as easily put you in harm's way......and the reasons for that are not out of hate but out of His design.

Read the book of Job.  Read of how sick Daniel got after reckoning with an angel and the things the Angel showed him.  Or how GOD hardened Pharoh's heart so that he would continuously endanger the Israelites....and thusly meet his doom.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:42:03 AM EDT
[#24]
anyone know of good ghost story websites?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:44:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sister lives in a haunted house.  She had lots of stories, but nothing ever happened while I was there.  I also live not too far from where a group of young people and a high school teacher I know saw a UFO.  I have been in that area more often than I can remember and never seen anything.

Consider yourself LUCKY but NOT correct in your assumption.....certainly, asking God for protection is imprtant and God WILL protect you when you need it but do NOT forget He can just as easily put you in harm's way......and the reasons for that are not out of hate but out of His design.

Read the book of Job.  Read of how sick Daniel got after reckoning with an angel and the things the Angel showed him.  Or how GOD hardened Pharoh's heart so that he would continuously endanger the Israelites....and thusly meet his doom.

No sir, YOU are wrong.  There is no such thing as luck.  God is the sovereign Lord of the universe, and all events great and small are part of His plan.  That plan includes me.

He promise that he will send difficulties my way, and give me a life which will shape me to be more like His Son.  He knows the secret intentions of my heart, and tests my faith to see whether I will believe Him and the statements of His Word.

The thngs being discussed in this topic are EVIL.  I don't mean a person is evil to discuss them, but rather the experiences of them are linked to evil itself, whether the person who experiences them knows it or not.

God has promised to protect us from such things.  My belief in these promises is not being presumptuous of God.  I take Him at His Word.  I know enough to not seek out such evils, but just be aware of them.  My prayer for my family and friends is to keep us from direct contact with such evils.

God is completely trustworthy, in all things as in this.  And if you live by luck I pity you.

[edited to add:]None of the examples you cite from the Bible apply here.  Job was tested, but didn't seek out or experience supernatural things.  Daniel's revalations were GOOD, not evil.  And Pharoah got what God intended for him, and what he wanted.

DesrtMoon, please do not read ill-will into my reply.  I just believe (respectfully) that you are incorrect in your statement.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#26]
tag
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:51:46 AM EDT
[#27]

what if god intended some of these fine folks to see ghosts...?

after all, it is, as many say, his plan.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:54:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At first impression the only thing of interest was the sound, the crusher on the floor above made this incredibly deep hum that was very loud but so deep pitched that you could barely hear it.

Interesting, I have read accounts of low-frequency audio and electrical disturbances that can 'cause' a fear reaction in humans.

It would not suprise me if that room were resonant at a low frequency, amplifying the sound of the rock crusher above...it could be a powerful, concentrated fear producer.  Imagination and stories could take care of the rest.

With all my rational explanations I probably would still run screaming like a little girl.

Jim

I have heard that explanation too, and believe it.  However, the scariest part occurred when the power was off, and no equipment was running.  I do not know how to explain that aspect of it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
what if god intended some of these fine folks to see ghosts...?

after all, it is, as many say, his plan.

A good topic for another discussion, but that would be thread-stealing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#30]
I personally believe that what most people refer to as ghosts are usually devils (spirits who followed Satan) and sometimes angels/heavenly messengers.

Best thing you can do is pray regularly, read the scriptures, obey God's commandments, etc. so that you may have the Spirit of the Lord with you to protect you from the less-than-friendly spirits.

No, I don't mean to turn this into a religious thread.  I believe that there are supernatural things that happen, I just have a different view of the source of those happenings.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#31]
A friend of mine (a christian) got attacked several nights in a row by what he called "Shadow Man".  He'd wake up and see a dark figure that would grab a pillow and try to suffocate him, and he would not be able to move until the last moment, and then the figure would vanish.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
A friend of mine (a christian) got attacked several nights in a row by what he called "Shadow Man".  He'd wake up and see a dark figure that would grab a pillow and try to suffocate him, and he would not be able to move until the last moment, and then the figure would vanish.

That is textbook "Sleep Paralysis."  Has happened to me several times or so I thought.  One night in college I was "attacked" by a shadow figure.  I couldn't breathe and was choking, but could do nothing about it.  My roomate woke up and turned on the light and describe a black figure, more like and absence of light flee the room like smoke dispersing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sister lives in a haunted house.  She had lots of stories, but nothing ever happened while I was there.  I also live not too far from where a group of young people and a high school teacher I know saw a UFO.  I have been in that area more often than I can remember and never seen anything.

No sir, YOU are wrong.  There is no such thing as luck.  God is the sovereign Lord of the universe, and all events great and small are part of His plan.  That plan includes me.

He promise that he will send difficulties my way, and give me a life which will shape me to be more like His Son.  He knows the secret intentions of my heart, and tests my faith to see whether I will believe Him and the statements of His Word.

The thngs being discussed in this topic are EVIL.  I don't mean a person is evil to discuss them, but rather the experiences of them are linked to evil itself, whether the person who experiences them knows it or not.

God has promised to protect us from such things.  My belief in these promises is not being presumptuous of God.  I take Him at His Word.  I know enough to not seek out such evils, but just be aware of them.  My prayer for my family and friends is to keep us from direct contact with such evils.

God is completely trustworthy, in all things as in this.  And if you live by luck I pity you.

[edited to add:]None of the examples you cite from the Bible apply here.  Job was tested, but didn't seek out or experience supernatural things.  Daniel's revalations were GOOD, not evil.  And Pharoah got what God intended for him, and what he wanted.

DesrtMoon, please do not read ill-will into my reply.  I just believe (respectfully) that you are incorrect in your statement.

Not a bit of offense taken.  Is there evil in this world?  Darn tootin' but I try to give little credence to the powers of the air....that is all they are....merely phantoms.  Fear is the weapon that they would use against you.  If you pray and have confidence that God is showing you this for a reason and that He will protect you then you have no reason to fear them....for he is there and HE is the Creator and they are but the created.

When Job was accosted by Satan, remember it was at the EXPRESS PERMISSION of God.  Job's life was utterly RUINED by the Prince of the Powers of the Air.  WHY???  Because God allowed it.  Why???  To prove a point to Satan....whether he ( Satan)learned anything from it is not for me to answer.  Anyhow, Satan is of Angelic origin and power and he has dominion over the earth at this time and I do believe that to be relevant to this issue.  In this case, do remember that Job had the option to "curse God and die"...but He did not.  He was angry and hurt but he did not curse God.

Remember that Daniel was counted and learned among the "Wise men" of Babylon and that he most likely had knowledge of "the arcane arts" though he did  choose to keep himself "undefiled" due to his devotion to God and was thereby favored by God. This was, however, DIETARY undefilement...it says nothing about what exactly he learned but I assume he was very well schooled and this would likely include the schools of astrology and magic.  Whether he was a practicioner is another matter.  Nonetheless, note that in this instance God didn't make Daniel do ANYTHING...Daniel wasn't even given a choice, on his very own he decided to be chaste and undefiled before God in at least ONE way.  The concept of free will is shown here.  The relevence here is that Daniel was almost assuradly very learned in the "occult", yet he was MINDFUL OF THE LORD ABOVE THESE THINGS.  He knew who was the true BOSS and he shewed Nebuchadnezzer exactly who the boss was.  Not that it did all that much good.

Now.  Here's a twist.  Pharoh, a powerful leader was totally as the mercy of God in the same way the Job was at the mercy of Satan.  God hardened Pharoh's heart multiple time.  Pharoh had NO free will, unlike Daniel and Job and even Nebuchadnezzer.  It is possible that Pharoh incurred God's wrath in some way that made God chose him for the part he was to play in the Exodus...who knows.  My point here is that FREE WILL is more of the exception than the rule.  It is my opinion that God does know the beginning and end of all things.....it's what happens inbetween that may be "open format"....who know?

Full point of this exercise is that just because one believes in God...it doesn't mean that he doesn't have some scary things to show you.  There are probably good reasons for it.....just don't think that it's your good graces that protect you.  Remeber that when confronted by these things we are being shown a wider bit of the Universe than most get to see....be educated by it....BUT DON'T EVER think you can gain anything other than wisdom from it.  Even then....prayer for grace, protection, wisdom and knowledge is important above all things....it is the honor of kings to search out the mysteries of the world but don't let it go to your head.

Tip for those of you who bump into the things that go bump in the night.....learn to pray in your dreams.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#34]
I believe free will is the rule.  If Pharoah was a puppet, no heart hardening would be needed.  But he had the chance to choose something else, and God had to change his mind, hence an action of heart hardening.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is textbook "Sleep Paralysis."  Has happened to me several times or so I thought.  One night in college I was "attacked" by a shadow figure.  I couldn't breathe and was choking, but could do nothing about it.  My roomate woke up and turned on the light and describe a black figure, more like and absence of light flee the room like smoke dispersing.

The fact someone else saw it eliminates the standard "waking dream" explanation, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact someone else saw it eliminates the standard "waking dream" explanation, doesn't it?

Yeah I was just gonna point that out!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#37]
3 parts to this post:

Quoted:
snip

I also know for a FACT that we have "Gaurdians" looking out for us......but that is a different story.

I'd like to hear that one if you please.

-------------

I personally believe that there are no "ghosts" in the usual way people describe them. Because that would indicate people don't go to Heaven or Hell, they stick around here. And since bazillions of people die but there are comparatively few hauntings we can assume that not everyone hangs around here. I think that ghosts are Demons put here to make people question the existence of God. Or just scare people into thinking un-Godly things.

-------------

I do have one story... I've posted it here on Arfcom before but here goes again.

A few years back in the springtime my wife and I laid down for bed. I felt a little unease for some reason as I went to sleep but figured it would go away while I slept... It didn't. Things got strange after that. I said my nightly prayers and then tried to relax enough to sleep. I kept feeling unease and thinking strange thoughts (dark, morbid thoughts that usually never come to my mind). After quite some time of tossing and turning I opened my eyes and it was so dark in my bedroom that it was like my eyes were still shut. I was completely awake, and couldn't see a thing - This is the only time this has happened- every other night before and since, light from the streetlights seeps in past the blinds.

It was then that I felt a horrible, evil-feeling presence just outside my bedroom wall. It was also VERY cold in the room - way colder than we allow it to get (and we have an electronic thermostat). Our bed is in the upstairs of a bungalow and our headboard is right beneath a large window. Well I could feel this presence just outside the window (and off to the left slightly, tough to describe...) I don't ever feel scared but I felt some genuine fear that night. I began praying fervently that God would deliver us from this and that whatever it was would be rebuked and contained, never to return. I did this for hours. It was close to 5 AM by the time I felt it fade. I was so exhausted I finally crashed then.

Next morning my wife told me she had noticed how dark it was in the bedroom and that she was very scared as well. She'd had some bad dreams when she was able to sleep but she slept a bit more than I did. Oddly the dog seemed fine.

Haven't ever felt that kind of palpable evil before and I pray we never feel it again. That was one of the wierdest things, but there was no sense of "wow, this is wierd" - it was just fear and fervent prayer.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has been many years since this happened.  I had a couple incidents where I woke up during the night and felt someone (?) holding me down and a hand over my mouth.

The first time I was about 16.  I shared a room with my older brother.  He heard me struggling and turned on the light.  When the light came on, whatever it was left.

It happened again a few years later.  I was struggling to speak, but couldn't because of what felt like a hand clamped over my mouth.  Finally I was able to say, "Jesus", and it left.  I haven't experienced it again since then.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
3 parts to this post:

Quoted:
snip

I also know for a FACT that we have "Gaurdians" looking out for us......but that is a different story.

I'd like to hear that one if you please.

-------------

I personally believe that there are no "ghosts" in the usual way people describe them. Because that would indicate people don't go to Heaven or Hell, they stick around here. And since bazillions of people die but there are comparatively few hauntings we can assume that not everyone hangs around here. I think that ghosts are Demons put here to make people question the existence of God. Or just scare people into thinking un-Godly things.

-------------

I do have one story... I've posted it here on Arfcom before but here goes again.

A few years back in the springtime my wife and I laid down for bed. I felt a little unease for some reason as I went to sleep but figured it would go away while I slept... It didn't. Things got strange after that. I said my nightly prayers and then tried to relax enough to sleep. I kept feeling unease and thinking strange thoughts (dark, morbid thoughts that usually never come to my mind). After quite some time of tossing and turning I opened my eyes and it was so dark in my bedroom that it was like my eyes were still shut. I was completely awake, and couldn't see a thing - This is the only time this has happened- every other night before and since, light from the streetlights seeps in past the blinds.

It was then that I felt a horrible, evil-feeling presence just outside my bedroom wall. It was also VERY cold in the room - way colder than we allow it to get (and we have an electronic thermostat). Our bed is in the upstairs of a bungalow and our headboard is right beneath a large window. Well I could feel this presence just outside the window (and off to the left slightly, tough to describe...) I don't ever feel scared but I felt some genuine fear that night. I began praying fervently that God would deliver us from this and that whatever it was would be rebuked and contained, never to return. I did this for hours. It was close to 5 AM by the time I felt it fade. I was so exhausted I finally crashed then.

Next morning my wife told me she had noticed how dark it was in the bedroom and that she was very scared as well. She'd had some bad dreams when she was able to sleep but she slept a bit more than I did. Oddly the dog seemed fine.

Haven't ever felt that kind of palpable evil before and I pray we never feel it again. That was one of the wierdest things, but there was no sense of "wow, this is wierd" - it was just fear and fervent prayer.

macman37,
I believe you about your experience.  Thank goodness for prayer.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#40]
There was a time I was travelling and stayed overnight with a friend for a short visit.

They put me in a spare bedroom.  When I turned the light off I felt an evil presence.  I immediately hit my knees and started praying, using the authority delegated by the Lord to His followers, telling it to leave.

Suddenly I heard a dog howl outside and it was gone.

I slept well the rest of the night.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
macman37,
I believe you about your experience.  Thank goodness God for prayer.

Just had to tweak it a bit  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I was just gonna point that out!

Over time I have noticed that at points in my life where I have renewed/strengthened my walk with Christ is when I would be "attacked in this way."  Oddly enough, the last time this happened was after a prayer service I went to.  I had been out of work for awhile and was at rock bottom financially and spiritually.  I was drinking and partying too hard and generally being a poor example of a Christian.  I had a dream that night that Mary came to me and showed me that a certain morning shockjock that I listened to each day was a source if evil in my life.  I woke a prayed and promised to stop listening to this radio show.  That night I received the most severe series of attacks.  They all involved the same inky, absence of light is the only way to describe it.  I was physically awakened and got up to pray.  I went got back into be and was immediately covered by darkness and cold.  The only way I can describe it is if you have ever fallen into a ice cold stream or lake and your heart stops beating with fear and panic.  I couldn't scream, I coulnd't move. This happened 3 times, each lasting longer and was more frightening.  Each time I rebuked the spirit and prayed fervently.  I have not had the experience since.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#43]
I've never had a ghost experience, but I did have an incident of sleep paralysis or night terror.

My parents built a new house when I still lived at home and me and my brother shared a room. We had a full unfinished basement and after several years of begging I talked my parents into building me a bedroom in the basement. I had probably lived in the basement 3 or 4 years and was 16 when I had my incident. It still gives me the willies to think about it.

It was a typical night, out of there was a thunderstorm going on. I was never for sure when I looked back on it when my eyes opened. All I know is that I was dreaming or having a nightmare. It starts with me knowing that there is a presence in the basement outside of my room and it's intentions are not good. I know that in my dream I can tell that it is moving towards my bedroom door which is open. Some where along here my eyes opened but I couldn't move or was to scared to move. When my eyes did open they were riveted on the door and I was as terrified as I ever remember being. There was a flash of lightning and suddenly standing in the doorway was a dark shadowy shape. If anything, if it was possible my terror was increased, but I was still unable to do anything. I couldn't see any eyes on this shadowy shape, but I knew it was just staring at me almost like it was letting my terror build. The shape then rushed at me with a supernatural like speed. I can remember it bending over me and seeing a knife raised in the air. It then proceeded to stab me, starting in my upper chest and working it's way down, maybe 5 or 6 times. The thing was I could feel it when it stabbed me and all I could do was lay there. I've never been stabbed in my life, but to this day I'm sure that's how it would feel if somewhen was to raise a knife as high as they could and then sink it into your chest up to the hilt as hard as they can. After 5 or 6 times the shadowy figure stopped and rushed from my room with the same the terrifying speed. I can still remember laying there and feeling these pains in my chest and stomach and thinking I was dieing. Remember this was as real to me at that moment as the keyboard is that I'm typing on now is. I don't know how long I laided there but somewhere along I figured out I was still alive and hadn't been stabbed. It was stiil the middle of the night and finally got the courage up to run up the stairs and goto my brothers room. I wasn't about to wake anybody up and tell them what had happened because I wasn't for sure what had happened. I was hopeing I would wake up before anybody got up and I could sneak back down stairs before anybody caught me sleeping on the floor in my brothers bedroom. Needless to say I got caught and was gave all kinds of crap because a little thunderstorm had scared me. I never did tell anybody what had happened that night and this is the first time I've ever talked about it. I 've had a few other half awake half alseep dreams since then, but nothing was as terrifying as that first one.    
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I've never had a ghost experience, but I did have an incident of sleep paralysis or night terror.

My parents built a new house when I still lived at home and me and my brother shared a room. We had a full unfinished basement and after several years of begging I talked my parents into building me a bedroom in the basement. I had probably lived in the basement 3 or 4 years and was 16 when I had my incident. It still gives me the willies to think about it.

It was a typical night, out of there was a thunderstorm going on. I was never for sure when I looked back on it when my eyes opened. All I know is that I was dreaming or having a nightmare. It starts with me knowing that there is a presence in the basement outside of my room and it's intentions are not good. I know that in my dream I can tell that it is moving towards my bedroom door which is open. Some where along here my eyes opened but I couldn't move or was to scared to move. When my eyes did open they were riveted on the door and I was as terrified as I ever remember being. There was a flash of lightning and suddenly standing in the doorway was a dark shadowy shape. If anything, if it was possible my terror was increased, but I was still unable to do anything. I couldn't see any eyes on this shadowy shape, but I knew it was just staring at me almost like it was letting my terror build. The shape then rushed at me with a supernatural like speed. I can remember it bending over me and seeing a knife raised in the air. It then proceeded to stab me, starting in my upper chest and working it's way down, maybe 5 or 6 times. The thing was I could feel it when it stabbed me and all I could do was lay there. I've never been stabbed in my life, but to this day I'm sure that's how it would feel if somewhen was to raise a knife as high as they could and then sink it into your chest up to the hilt as hard as they can. After 5 or 6 times the shadowy figure stopped and rushed from my room with the same the terrifying speed. I can still remember laying there and feeling these pains in my chest and stomach and thinking I was dieing. Remember this was as real to me at that moment as the keyboard is that I'm typing on now is. I don't know how long I laided there but somewhere along I figured out I was still alive and hadn't been stabbed. It was stiil the middle of the night and finally got the courage up to run up the stairs and goto my brothers room. I wasn't about to wake anybody up and tell them what had happened because I wasn't for sure what had happened. I was hopeing I would wake up before anybody got up and I could sneak back down stairs before anybody caught me sleeping on the floor in my brothers bedroom. Needless to say I got caught and was gave all kinds of crap because a little thunderstorm had scared me. I never did tell anybody what had happened that night and this is the first time I've ever talked about it. I 've had a few other half awake half alseep dreams since then, but nothing was as terrifying as that first one.    

That happens to me all the time, usually after I eat Taco Bell though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#45]
tag
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Tag!  After reading some of this crap I feel like someone or something is watching me...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Heres a website with all you could want about ghost.

theshadowlands.net/ghost/

Here is a ass load of stories here on the same site.

theshadowlands.net/ghost/#real

Here is an list state by state of huanted places in the usa, same site.

theshadowlands.net/places/

I mean this site has it all and will keep you busy for hours! Have fun!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#48]
I think the closest I've ever come to paranormal activity was having a light-switch turn on about 2 minutes after I had turned it off and crawled into bed.  I figure it was probably just not quite all the way down, so eventually it popped back up... but in the moment, it scared the hell out of me.  I was probably 10-12 y/o at the time.

I have some experiences similar to sleep paralysis.  I'll wake up, see a big ugly spider either on my bed or descending to my bed, and I'll leap out of bed(more like shoot myself out of a cannon) to turn on the lights.  Of course, there is no spider.  I'll think for a few seconds, then realize that a.)it was way too dark for me to have actually seen a spider, and b.) even if it wasn't too dark, my eyes don't work too well when I first wake up anyway.  Back to bed, no worries, but heart still pounding from the jolt.  The funny thing is, my mom sometimes tells my dad she sees spiders, but there's nothing there.  I used to laugh about it, but now I see them too!  I'm not arachnaphobic or anything like that though, so I don't know why it's spiders.

I'm an atheist, but I have to admit if I saw a ghost or something unexplainable I might start to think otherwise...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Your friend has encountered what is called a "House Spirit" or "Brownie".  If it doesn't bother him then tell him to just be nice and neat, polite and such and he'll get a long fine with her.  From time to time he can leave a bit of good qualtiy bread, reall butter and bit of milk for her at night.  This is acceptable.  If he enjoys her company this is ALL he ever need do besides be a neat, clean, hardworking fellow.  Tel him NEVER EVER leave her any other gifts but what I have mentioned.  If he leaves anything else then she becomes "paid off" and will leave...often very sad and upset.

Just wondering, where did you come by that info?  The "gifts" seem kindof  arbitrary to me.  Have experience in such matters?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
anyone know of good ghost story websites?

I am not normally a fan of about.com but I find these to be entertaining.  Their a an fuck-ton of them and some will spoook you right out.  Plenty of good reading at 3am.  

paranormal.about.com/library/blstories05.htm

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top