Page / 17
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, because the sole purpose of ID is the forcing of fundamentalist Christian ideas into public school education. All because they are fighting against the evil forces of those nasty atheists who removed prayer from schools which has resulted in the US going down the crapper because God has been kicked out of the schools and has removed his grace from us.

Or some crap like that After all, they know what's best for us and will not be denied.

You make them sound like fundamentalist muslims...

You know, I hear that alot and while I don't much like the more rabid among them I have yet to find any of them willing to saw your freakin head off if you won't accept ID or Christianity.  They have a worldview I don't share and are using politics to try and push it... then again... so are we all.  

When they start issuing fatwahs for the head of Richard Dawkins I'll be more willing to entertain the analogy.

Christianity has had it's periods of "saw your head off".  Just, not recently.  I do think there are those, some of whom populate this board, who would not mind too terribly if those times returned.

I think 'recently' is a funny term to inject.  Much of the world was pretty 'saw your head off' for any number of reasons until 'recently'.  Atheists have managed some pretty nasty shit as well in history.

There are members who populate this board that are itching to get a chance to shoot at their countrymen for all kinds of stupid reasons.  They don't represent the board or gun owners any more than your rabid examples represent Christians.

The points can be argued quite well minus the "Christian==Taliban" stuff.
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, because the sole purpose of ID is the forcing of fundamentalist Christian ideas into public school education. All because they are fighting against the evil forces of those nasty atheists who removed prayer from schools which has resulted in the US going down the crapper because God has been kicked out of the schools and has removed his grace from us.

Or some crap like that After all, they know what's best for us and will not be denied.

You make them sound like fundamentalist muslims...

You know, I hear that alot and while I don't much like the more rabid among them I have yet to find any of them willing to saw your freakin head off if you won't accept ID or Christianity.  They have a worldview I don't share and are using politics to try and push it... then again... so are we all.  

When they start issuing fatwahs for the head of Richard Dawkins I'll be more willing to entertain the analogy.

Christianity has had it's periods of "saw your head off".  Just, not recently.  I do think there are those, some of whom populate this board, who would not mind too terribly if those times returned.

I think 'recently' is a funny term to inject.  Much of the world was pretty 'saw your head off' for any number of reasons until 'recently'.  Atheists have managed some pretty nasty shit as well in history.

There are members who populate this board that are itching to get a chance to shoot at their countrymen for all kinds of stupid reasons.  They don't represent the board or gun owners any more than your rabid examples represent Christians.

The points can be argued quite well minus the "Christian==Taliban" stuff.

This is a train wreck I can't stop clicking on.
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

This is a train wreck I can't stop clicking on.

Good point..... I think I'm done now, there just isn't a lot left to be said and I think my several of my suspicions about the film look to be true.  Arguing over the rest of this is pointless.
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#4]
to be fair he said " fundamentalist muslims" and not terrorists, jihadists, taliban, or AQ.

Link Posted: 5/1/2008 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
to be fair he said " fundamentalist muslims" and not terrorists, jihadists, taliban, or AQ.

ANYTHING other than "Christians are the greatest thing in the world, ever" WILL be taken as a direct attack.

Link Posted: 5/1/2008 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I guess I took it wrong.  I've said so now.  I'm done.
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANYTHING other than "Christians are the greatest thing in the world, ever" WILL be taken as a direct attack.

No, the problem is that Protestant sects consider the Catholic church to be a hijack of Christianity and if you remove that from the mix, all you have is a few witches being dunked (two centuries ago) to back up your claims that Christianity is a bloodthirsty religion just like all the others.
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, the problem is that Protestant sects consider the Catholic church to be a hijack of Christianity and if you remove that from the mix, all you have is a few witches being dunked (two centuries ago) to back up your claims that Christianity is a bloodthirsty religion just like all the others.

Uh, I think you need to do some reading.  Start with the (several) Inquisition's, then move on to the Thirty Year's War.  You should probably do a little looking into the Crusades while you are at it.

"Christianity" is not bloodthirsty, but people are.  Religion is just a very good excuse for chopping off heads.

Page / 17
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top