Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2001 10:24:59 PM EDT
Any of you guys who have trouble d/loading music or whatever may want to check out "Download Accelerater Plus." I did, and while it's supposed to be mainly geared towards cable modems, and such, it sped up my d/loads at WinMX by I'd say at least 200-300 percent. And....it was FREE.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
fiddling with MTU sizes can help, you can find info about this on several websites.  Haven't seen any D/L programs that do anything more than this....of course, a program may help for those that don't want to hand tweak their machine.
Using a non-windows system helps also [:)]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
fiddling with MTU sizes can help, you can find info about this on several websites.  Haven't seen any D/L programs that do anything more than this....of course, a program may help for those that don't want to hand tweak their machine.
Using a non-windows system helps also [:)]
View Quote

I'll second the use of a non-windows system.  I might be mistaken but I think Download Accelerator is spy ware as are many other programs that are "Free" for windows users.  You might want to check out [url]www.grc.com[/url] and see if Steve Gibson has any information about your particular program.  If you like free without the spyware, you could try Linux.  [NI]
Top Top