Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2014 11:45:25 AM EDT
I recently began having a problem with the gunstruction or the unity player. as soon as gunstrution seems to load, the whole computer shuts down. I've never had problem like that with any application before. usually the app just crashes not the whole os. it will happen with safari and firefox. I have re installed the unity player a few times and still won't work.

running OSX 10.9.2

2.4 i5 with 8GB ram

Latest unity 3d software
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
8gigs of ram MacBook Pro.  Yeah it'll shut down and a light gray screen will come up saying it encountered an error or some such. I've never seen a BSOD on a mac.  It will happen a few seconds after gunstruction loads

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Not exactly the same problem but on my Mac it used to load correctly and now i get a  "Failed to update unity web player" message.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

what year of macbook pro is it? on osx mavericks?
View Quote
2010 with mavericks latest update patches

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Uninstall/Reinstall Unity. Fixed my problems. I was having crashes, hangs, failure-to-loads...all kinds of crap going wrong. Perfectly fine after uninstalling/reinstalling Unity.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm having a similar problem. I'm using a 2012 Toshiba Satellite with 8gb of ram. Trying to run Gunstruction on mozilla and it'll stop responding until I choose to "end" the unity player. Attempting to uninstall and re-download unity.

Update: Works fine now, but it still takes forever to initially load.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top