Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2014 9:29:54 AM EDT
I'm sitting here at home looking at the code for the millionth time . I am one member of a trial commission consisting of 3 disinterested Past Masters.  The trial is at 10:00am.  I feel like a kid who is sick to his stomach because he doesn't want to go to school.

This is my second trial in my Masonic career, I was once tasked with defending a Brother and did it to the best of my ability, which actually made some Brothers mad.

I'm going to stop procrastinating and get on my way, I hate this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
 Not much to say other than I am sorry you are dealing with this anguish my Brother.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Even if it's an open and shut case it still sucks. We had to have a trial my year as WM, the accused was in prision for the manufacture and sales of meth. He is a PM's son. We still caught hell for having the trial.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:23:11 AM EDT
[#3]

I didn't join this Fraternity to be around criminals and lowlifes... I will never feel bad if I am ever called to be on a committee.

But I can see how it could be a hard thing.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I know the Brother that was on trail very well and consider him a friend, his counsel a PM, local attorney is a very good friend also. The Lodge who asked for the trial commission did a very good job bringing the charges before the board.

This was a highly publicized case in our area between three political opponents.The brother on trial was arrested twice and plead guilty to lessor charges.

The witness's for the prosecution could not be compelled to testify in lodge, they were profanes and an E.A., however they were deposed by the board by phone and were candid.  

The defense did a good job with what they had to work with, even putting the accused on the stand. The defense also had three character witness's.

We made our decision and sent it to the  Grand lodge for review, now we wait.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

prison equals felony conviction, that would have been out of the GM hands here and resulted in instant expulsion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even if it's an open and shut case it still sucks. We had to have a trial my year as WM, the accused was in prision for the manufacture and sales of meth. He is a PM's son. We still caught hell for having the trial.

prison equals felony conviction, that would have been out of the GM hands here and resulted in instant expulsion.

Same in Indiana. Felony conviction is expulsion by GM.
Being charged with a Felony and pleading to lesser charges is considered a felony conviction.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have to admit I am not happy that even the discussion of a Masonic Trial is on an open forum.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#9]
^ This
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

^ This
View Quote
I'd like to see this thread and the adultery one disappear.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^ This

There are many threads that have no place on an open forum sorry to say. But hey I am kinda new on this forum so if this is what some of the so called Masons wish to have so be it I can not stop them. All I can do is give a bit of Guidance in Simply Saying Please THINK before you type.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There are many threads that have no place on an open forum sorry to say. But hey I am kinda new on this forum so if this is what some of the so called Masons wish to have so be it I can not stop them. All I can do is give a bit of Guidance in Simply Saying Please THINK before you type.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
^ This

I don't want to get in a pissing contest with any Brethren here.  But, the "so called Masons" comment is unwarranted.  You might want to reconsider those words.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought long and hard before I started this thread. I didn't violate any of my obligations, or air anyone's dirty laundry. Fortunately its a rare part of Masonic life, we are not perfect. I wanted those that visit this forum, who are not Masons know that we take our obligations seriously and police our own.  

Mod's you have my permission to take this down, I apologize if I offended any of the brethren assembled here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree with ^^^^^.  

The world would be a much better place if the groups that we organize ourselves in and belong to for whatever reason would do a better job of policing their own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top