Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/17/2013 4:06:49 PM EDT

I am wondering who the non-Masons are that read this forum.

If you are not a Mason, please post, and add a comment if you desire.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I read some of the threads in this forum out of curiosity, but I haven't posted here before out of respect.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I started checking in here a few months ago without posting after I filled out my petition. Hopefully I will be a Mason soon.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not one.Both of my grandfathers were, and my father was. They pinned him for 50 years just before he died in 2012.

Sadly, our local chapter is more about watching football and drinking than serving the community. When I was a young man, they were all about taking care of each other, taking care of widows of members by cutting grass and bringing food etc if needed, the local community, visiting the sick and those in nursing homes, and all of those things. It was truly a brotherhood.

By the time I was asked to join, it had already turned to something different.

I will say that some of the old guard helped me tremendously, and continue to help me with my dad's stroke , nursing home stay, and his issues of health, and estate.

I suppose I should make a blanket statement looking at it, as there seem to be two different sets of members, with a few of the younger guys doing alright, but there is a total set of members that don't do much more than party at the lodge.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent email to the listed contacts at the local lodge- no reply.
I was looking forward to talking to them about things and stuff...
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I read the new postings every day, and I am working on all of the past posts.  I recently posted on this forum, and received much appreciated advice and assistance from OP and others.  Thanks again.  I sit here with my petition filled out waiting for another discussion with my father in law this weekend.  I am very curious about what is to come, as I was a rather wild child in my youth.  We will see how it goes.  Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]
My dad and both grandfathers were, but I never took it up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read some of the threads in this forum out of curiosity, but I haven't posted here before out of respect.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a good friend who is a mason, that's why I check it out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Not a mason but I read a few threads here.
Not really sure why other than curiosity I do though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
non mason here
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:51:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Post away.  We're just a bunch of guys in a fraternity.  The topics we discuss in lodge we consider important.  But, the whole secret thing is overblown.

If you have questions, ask.  The only things we can't talk about are the launch codes, the world banking conspiracy and the dinner menu.

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Same
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same

I know several people that are Masons. I sit back and listen to them
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:57:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd post here but then y'all would know.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Many of the older guys are digitally challenged.  Call the number listed.  You'll probably get the Lodge Secretary.  Or, find out their meeting day and time, and go about a half hour to an hour earlier.  You'll probably be fed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#16]
"Lewis" checking in.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Signing in.  I don't post here because I don't think anyone in the mason forum is wanting to debate their choices.  Better left to GD.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Non-mason here.....for now. My best friend is a MM and I finally asked him to sign my petition. Unfortunately I am moving in about 5 months, so im waiting till I get to my new state. So for now, my research is this site, FM for Dummies, and my buddy....thanks to all for all the information and insights...
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"Lewis" checking in.
View Quote

There's a term you don't hear used very often.

I was once a "Lewis", but have upped my status to MM.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
We already know.

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We already know.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We already know.  

Everything!
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Lewis" checking in.

I'm looking to up my status as well. I just have to light my candle in one place so I'm not bouncing from lodge to lodge (assuming I cut the mustard).
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm looking to up my status as well. I just have to light my candle in one place so I'm not bouncing from lodge to lodge (assuming I cut the mustard).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Lewis" checking in.

ENJOY!  The Senior and Junior Stewards takes care of the mustard, by the way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

As per our conversation, I emailed the lodge you wish to join and was promptly answered.

I have all the contact info and phone numbers and am in communication with the Master and Secretary.

All you need to do now is shoot me a IM here and I will put you in touch, and you will be on your way.

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much this, some thread in GD asking about masonry a while back mentioned this subforum so I checked it out.  Didn't have anything to say, so I haven't posted.

Link Posted: 12/19/2013 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Non Mason, forum reader checking in. I been interested for awhile, but just recently asked a MM friend for an application.  

My daughter had a birth defect when born and we were referred to the Shriners Children Hospital in Lexington.  We could not be more appreciative of the Shriners and what they have done.  That experience led me to learn more about the Shriners and Freemasons.  The more I learned the more I felt like it would be an organization that I would like to be associated with.

BTW, my daughter is now 4yo and while still going through treatment she is nearly finished and the issues are nearly fully corrected.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#33]
That's great about your daughter!  As Freemasons we're charged to aid those in need.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#34]
My father was a Mason. I have a post on page two about mason's helping children of Masons. My mother just pasted away ,so I have been thinking a lot about life and death. I have started reading some of my dad's books by Albert Pike they are very interesting. My boss is a Mason and I think one day I might want to be one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

My father was a Mason. I have a post on page two about mason's helping children of Masons. My mother just pasted away ,so I have been thinking a lot about life and death. I have started reading some of my dad's books by Albert Pike they are very interesting. My boss is a Mason and I think one day I might want to be one.
View Quote
the longer you  wait, the more you realize you have missed.

Link Posted: 12/25/2013 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

the longer you  wait, the more you realize you have missed.

View Quote

^^This!

My only regret is not joining sooner.

Link Posted: 12/26/2013 2:32:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Non Mason here.  Started reading in on this forum before I went to Korea and had some interest and figured I could get a least a bit of info.  Up until this forum everything I had ever heard was that everything was shhhhhhhh.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#39]
As a non mason sponge, I love that book (my MM friend sent It to me). Find myself bouncing all over the book, love the history....Just found out when I move, I'll need a years residency, ugh more waiting...
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

As a non mason sponge, I love that book (my MM friend sent It to me). Find myself bouncing all over the book, love the history....Just found out when I move, I'll need a years residency, ugh more waiting...
View Quote
As soon as you settle in, find a lodge and start visiting. Help out with the fundraisers and take the family and join them for dinner.  This will give the Brethren time to get to know you and your family. It will also give you time to know them.  Dont be afraid to visit several lodges. Find one that works for you.

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
As soon as you settle in, find a lodge and start visiting. Help out with the fundraisers and take the family and join them for dinner.  liveThis will give the Brethren time to get to know you and your family. It will also give you time to know them.  Dont be afraid to visit several lodges. Find one that works for you.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As soon as you settle in, find a lodge and start visiting. Help out with the fundraisers and take the family and join them for dinner.  liveThis will give the Brethren time to get to know you and your family. It will also give you time to know them.  Dont be afraid to visit several lodges. Find one that works for you.  

Am I correct in assuming it would be better to serve/attend lodge in the community you live in?
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Am I correct in assuming it would be better to serve/attend lodge in the community you live in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You will want to belong to the lodge that's closer to your home, but once you get in, you can go anywhere you want.

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

You will want to belong to the lodge that's closer to your home, but once you get in, you can go anywhere you want.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The lodge closest is nice. I say join the lodge that suites you best. Some lodges will be filled with older members and not very active. Others will be younger and very active. Others will be a combination of both. Visit several in the area if you have them.

Link Posted: 12/29/2013 1:38:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Non-mason here.....for now. My best friend is a MM and I finally asked him to sign my petition. Unfortunately I am moving in about 5 months, so im waiting till I get to my new state. So for now, my research is this site, FM for Dummies, and my buddy....thanks to all for all the information and insights...
View Quote

Go ahead and join . In 5 months you could get real close to maybe all of the degree work done if you were quick about handing in your petition . Then your move is just a transfer
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#45]
I read in here alot. I started a thread about Manly P. Hall, and ran headlong into the veil.

Some of my subjects of study, I feel, the Masons here might be some of the few who understand. Though they are not dissused here much, if at all.

I think many of the subjects I am studying, tread into the territory of Masonic secrets, and wouldn't be discussed if I brought them up. (this is a public forum)

Out of respect for our arfcom Masons, I just read, and keep quiet. I am not a troll, and I am not anti-Mason.
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#46]
I'll sign in but I don't read this forum, it is included in my list of "Active Topics."
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Father in law was a KOC before his passing, I've been interested and read here from time to time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#49]
I only come here if a thread makes it to the Active Topics list.
I'm not a Mason and don't post out of respect for the Masons. My uncle was a Mason and, I believe, was a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason. There was a significant contingent of Masons at his funeral and the Mason ritual was performed there.

I also was at Wayne's (aka Eric the Hun , RIP ) funeral and witnessed the Mason ritual there also.

I was invited to a blood drive at a Masonic Hall and participated there + had the BBQ lunch. I was asked if I was interested in the Mason's. My response was that I believed that the Masons was a good organization that did good for both the community and its members but since I was working two jobs that I could not devote the time to it like my uncle did to be a good member. Did not want to join just to be a MINO(Mason In Name Only) to ride the organziation's coattails and not contribute to its advancement.

That is the extent of my involvement with the Masons.
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Father in law was a KOC before his passing, I've been interested and read here from time to time.
View Quote
KoC and Masonry are not related.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top