Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/30/2015 6:37:28 AM EDT
Fear The Walking Dead is the new Walking Dead spinoff show on AMC premieres this summer.  

first trailer released!

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:47:27 AM EDT
[#1]
"The Walking Dead" is already overly redundant and unnecessarily dragging on.

Am I supposed to believe this will be any different?

Meh, who am I kidding, I'll still watch it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope it's good.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm gonna watch it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Based in L.A. - ouch! That would be about as bad as it can get for places to be when SHTF.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Based in L.A. - ouch! That would be about as bad as it can get for places to be when SHTF.
View Quote
Any large city in China would be much worst

I get to spend time in Shanghai each year....
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
They mention flu symptoms etc... curious on how it is all going to pan out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most people die of the fever. It has been mentioned in the past only 3% of the world population survives the virus.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Most people die of the fever. It has been mentioned in the past only 3% of the world population survives the virus.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rick and crew are the 3%?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Hope it's good.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:35:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I wonder what type of guns they will have. Common guns that law abiding subjects of Commieforina have access to or will they get gang banger guns?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Im definitely gonna watch, the only thing im not looking forward to is getting to know the characters all over again.  

It should be a good show as they dont have a story line to follow like the comic, therefore they will be able to add more variety.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Crips and Bloods versus walkers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#15]
The affluent and or middle class are more able to seclude themselves, not go to work, and do not live in elbow to elbow apartments / bad neighborhoods. I'd think the bad areas of town the flu should rip right through (gangs).

No racial. Just saying...
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"The Walking Dead" is already overly redundant and unnecessarily dragging on.

Am I supposed to believe this will be any different?

Meh, who am I kidding, I'll still won't watch it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#18]
In the other thread about a companion series I mentioned how neat it would be to show other areas, such as St. Paul or Minneapolis, MN?  Imagine trying survive not only the walkers, but also a really harsh winter?  Walkers in deep snow?  Walkers under deep snow?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In the other thread about a companion series I mentioned how neat it would be to show other areas, such as St. Paul or Minneapolis, MN?  Imagine trying survive not only the walkers, but also a really harsh winter?  Walkers in deep snow?  Walkers under deep snow?
View Quote

Like land mines, interesting
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:29:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:44:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Meh, I'll watch it but I'm not particularly excited about it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That actually would be a new dynamic. The cold would slow the rate of decomposition meaning that you might not have the horrible smell of decomposing flesh to warn you and some walkers may even appear to be still alive until looked upon closely.  Snow would reduce visibility and yeah, without snow removal driving would be difficult in wheeled vehicles and walkers could be under the surface.

Be a new aspect to zombie apocalypse, which other than Dead Snow has largely been ignored by the genre.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Definitely not a good place to be at within the continental USA.  Probably more than 10 million people, a maze of streets, and you couldn't own anything other than a limited capacity magazine along with those damn bullet button neutered ARs.  Huge population of non-English speaking people and large criminal gangs wouldn't make life pleasant.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Definitely not a good place to be at within the continental USA.  Probably more than 10 million people, a maze of streets, and you couldn't own anything other than a limited capacity magazine along with those damn bullet button neutered ARs.  Huge population of non-English speaking people and large criminal gangs wouldn't make life pleasant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Golden Horde
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That actually would be a new dynamic. The cold would slow the rate of decomposition meaning that you might not have the horrible smell of decomposing flesh to warn you and some walkers may even appear to be still alive until looked upon closely.  Snow would reduce visibility and yeah, without snow removal driving would be difficult in wheeled vehicles and walkers could be under the surface.

Be a new aspect to zombie apocalypse, which other than Dead Snow has largely been ignored by the genre.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting idea regarding decomposition.  I'm guessing extreme frostbite would be a dead giveaway.  I was also thinking of Dead Snow regarding  buried walkers.  Stopping in the middle of nowhere for any reason would be dangerous.  That would cut down on all the times the characters pause from what they are doing for what would otherwise be a fireside chat.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#26]
California walkers? ...hold a mirror in front of it and kill it when it stops to check its hair and makeup
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm gonna watch it.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:34:38 AM EDT
[#28]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/

Fear the Walking Dead (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822
Drama/Horror ·
60 min

What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in "The Walking Dead"? This spin-off set in Los Angeles, following new ...
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#29]
You do realize the show will not be following California's gun laws... Although if they did it would be very "interesting"
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Hopefully, since it takes place in Hollywood, the acting with be better that TWD.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You do realize the show will not be following California's gun laws... Although if they did it would be very "interesting"
View Quote

That would indeed make it interesting.  It's just like how people on shows such as Sons of Anarchy carry around big ass hunting knives, and no one hassles them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#32]
not much of a trailer
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll watch it.

I gave up on the other series after Carol magically became a expert sniper/mortarman.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I gave up on the other series after Carol magically became a expert sniper/mortarman.
View Quote

I do not think Carol was an expert with a mortar. All she had to do was the fire the rocket towards the area.

There was a helluva lot of propane flooding the area, and fireworks explode...

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I figure a few people will watch it just so they can whine and bitch and moan.

I'll watch it because I enjoy the comic and the TWD series and will likely enjoy this. There are some things I may not like, agree with or things I know to be wrong but there has been no deal killers. It is an escape for my wife and me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I will watch, I look forward to it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:17:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Will watch. Do we have an air date yet?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Camp Pendelton is just south of LA. Lots of non neutered stuff there.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Will watch. Do we have an air date yet?
View Quote

yeah, what he said.............
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#40]
IMDB says August, exact day not given.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
IMDB says August, exact day not given.
View Quote

Oh well... cool to have a month at least.... bet it will run into October for the premier of season 6 of the walking dead!

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Zombies would freeze and suspend activity until the spring thaw.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Zombies would freeze and suspend activity until the spring thaw.
View Quote

In Southern California???

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#45]
My sincere hope is that this series will have some genuine hotties in it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#46]
New trailer

Don't be scared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDxew5SguVw
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm looking forward to it.  I consider it to be far better than what we currently have for Z action on TV, which is nothing at the moment.

This, TWD, The Strain, 12 monkeys, Penny Dreadful, and Game of Thrones are the only reasons for me to watch TV (and I usually watch most of them on-line to avoid the commercials anyway).
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I would like to get back to the zombies and a little less soap opera.  I know its a soap opera format, but I enjoy the US vs THEM more then the US vs US.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:56:15 AM EDT
[#49]
That actually looks like it might be good & I recognize a few faces.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:09:32 AM EDT
[#50]
"When civilization ends.... it ends fast!"

Can't wait!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top