Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 3/2/2010 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#1]
so now we wait until they release their decision?
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
yes, but there isn't much drama. We should win, the only question is how much we won by.

I think the worst case scenario is that the court says there is a incorporated baseline right that must be acknowledged but that states/cities can regulate as they see fit within reason.

The new battle will become what is reasonable.

Doesn't matter, the debt will come tumbling down long before tehy restrict us to muskets...
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
What do you think it looks like in terms of "reasonable restrictions"?  Does it look good or bad for New Yorkers and the like?

Link Posted: 3/3/2010 1:35:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I figured it was too early to tell but figured it's never too early to ask.

By the way I got my NYSRPA membership in the mail a couple of days ago.  Never too early to start supporting the fight!

Link Posted: 3/3/2010 1:41:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Even I am optimistic about this case.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
so now we wait until they release their decision?

To anyone who knows about this process:
How long does it usually take for them to render a verdict?  Days? Months? Do they have to deliver their decision by a certain date?

As for how this will impact NY...a favorable decision would certainly lead us down an interesting path.  The local ban on class III weapons wouldn't seem to be within the States power.  I'm all ears on this one!
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Below is a link to the transcript of today's Supreme Court arguments in the Chicago ban case.  It's certainly looking good; we have reason to be cautiously optimistic.

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/oral_arguments/argument_transcripts/08-1521.pdf
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Vermont.....great post brother!

It's a long but good read.  You really have to respect Justice Scalia.  Assuming that the court finds to incorporate, it will be interesting to see what happens in the future in regards to other 2A related laws; I'm certainly no law scholar, but as I understand it, this could have far reaching effects.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#13]
i hope we win, but i also hope that it's bigger than a 5-4 majority this time around...
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#18]
it would be quite interesting to hear those audio tapes..
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#22]
AMEN!  it's good to finally hear this view from a college professor..
Top Top