Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2011 1:11:54 PM EDT
Howie LOVED hanging out on AR-15 (sometimes food was the only thing that could pull him away!). I just want to let you all know that I'm thinking about you guys. I don't know how to get into his account to post more info on services- I just happened to have the page logged in from his last visit here. Could someone send me information at [email protected] (please put AR-15 in subject line somewhere) so I can post about services and his obit and the messages don't get lost in all the threads?  

Also, if you would, please consider donating to Wounded Warrior Project in his memory. http://woundedwarriorproject.org/  He lived his life to help others, and his last act was to save his passenger. He would want that legacy to continue.

God bless you all. Thank you for all of the laughter and passion you brought to my husbands life(and in turn, he passed on to mine!). He was richer for knowing all of you.
Sincerely,
Shelley Cook
San Antonio, TX.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So sorry for your loss.

RIP
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By tommyrich:

So sorry for your loss.

RIP

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
So sorry for your loss.

RIP

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Email sent.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]
So sorry for your loss.

RIP

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Very sorry for your loss.

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#7]
So sorry for your loss.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I am heartbroken over this.

May God give you strength.

RIP Cookhj.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I am very sorry for your loss Ma'am.

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 2:51:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Screechjet1] [#10]
Ms. Cook-

Please know that your husband was a valued member here, and many share in your grief, as incalculable as I'm sure it is for you.

Your husband was a good man and Patriot, and shall be missed.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Shelley - please accept my deepest condolences.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm sorry for your loss, and however little this post helps, I hope it makes you feel a little bit better.

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cookhj:
Howie LOVED hanging out on AR-15 (sometimes food was the only thing that could pull him away!). I just want to let you all know that I'm thinking about you guys. I don't know how to get into his account to post more info on services- I just happened to have the page logged in from his last visit here. Could someone send me information at [email protected] (please put AR-15 in subject line somewhere) so I can post about services and his obit and the messages don't get lost in all the threads?  

Also, if you would, please consider donating to Wounded Warrior Project in his memory. http://woundedwarriorproject.org/  He lived his life to help others, and his last act was to save his passenger. He would want that legacy to continue.

God bless you all. Thank you for all of the laughter and passion you brought to my husbands life(and in turn, he passed on to mine!). He was richer for knowing all of you.
Sincerely,
Shelley Cook
San Antonio, TX.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Donation sent. I'll keep them on my monthly list.

Link Posted: 7/14/2011 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#14]
There are plenty of discussions here about what is best, 9mm or .45.  Miller or Bud.  Army or Marines.  

Howard applied the philosophy of "Get Both".  VMI, USMC, US Army.  Enlisted, Non-Commissioned and Warrant Officer.  Virginia and Texas.  Combat arms and Medical.  

Smooth air and soft landings, Mr. Cook.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#15]

When I was looking into Army Flight School, Chief Cook drafted a long message of advice.

He didn't need to, but he obviously took a long time out of his day to help out someone who he'd likely never meet.

That's a gentleman.  He will be missed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:57:57 AM EDT
[#16]
So sorry, mam
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top