Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2009 2:56:13 PM EDT

Padron 80th Anniversary

I smoked this a few hours ago and thought it would amuse you guys.

(the black boot on the left is DWFAN, btw)
Link Posted: 7/5/2009 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
nice ash!
Link Posted: 7/5/2009 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 4:46:50 AM EDT
[#3]
fellas.... we just got owned.
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 5:54:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Photoshop!

Link Posted: 7/6/2009 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Is that a Hemingway maduro?
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is that a Hemingway maduro?

No...it was a Padron 80th Anniversary Maduro
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Didi you put in a wire inside the cigar?
Did the guys in the cigar lounge cheer you on?
No matter what, it is still impressive.
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Since I was there...

No wire or any other object involved!
Yes we did!
Yes it was!

Link Posted: 7/6/2009 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lol

No, it was a friendly challenge from DWFAN that inspired me.  Seems he got a ~3.5" ash the last one of those he smoked.  Honestly, I got it almost half-way through before we all really realized we had a contender.  I just slowed it down and made loooong, slow draws and really enjoyed it.  Near the end, there was some interesting craning of the neck going on to smoke it.

I got two more draws after that pic and it cracked at the very bottom.  Luckily I got it over the ashtray before it fell, that would have made a mess!

Link Posted: 7/6/2009 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#10]
So how was the smoke?  I stared longingly at a box of the 80's today but they're a bit outside of my price range at the moment...
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So how was the smoke?  I stared longingly at a box of the 80's today but they're a bit outside of my price range at the moment...

I have to first say that I truly love Padron to begin with.  While I appreciate the blend of the Opus very much, Padron's Anniversary series' in general are may favorite tasting sticks.

The 80th is full and flavorful but in no way overpowering.  It gradually picks up a little spice as you enter the second third and tops off in the final.  You know its there, but its not in the way.  Effortless draw, thick, slow-rolling smoke.  I'd say the taste is exactly what you would expect in a Padron, if you've smoked any of their 1964, 1926 or other Anniversary blends - just more sophisticated and deep, if that makes sense.

While in the low to mid-$30s most places, I would say it is money well-spent for a special occasion.  Might not end up being your favorite smoke but it will be very good.  I've smoked a total of three and have two more sitting in the cabinet that will be aging for a while.

Link Posted: 7/6/2009 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the review.  I won't be able to hold out much longer and will pick one up to let sit until my birthday in September.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Impressive
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Stop biting your cuticles.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/7/2009 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Did you smoke it lying down?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top