Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 82
Posted: 7/22/2008 7:11:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elderboy02]
Always interesting to see what others are buying.

My latest purchase was a 20 pc Don Pepin Garcia sampler from CI.

4 each of Black Robustos, Blue Toro, White JJ Corojo Belis, 5 Vegas Miami Toro, and the DPG version of CI Legends.

My first taste of DPG. Pretty impressive cigars!

How about you?

~Edit: I added cigar to the title of the thread - elderboy02~
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Those Noventas are a hidden gym imo.  First I tried rott was quite meh.  Couple months in the humidor later though and eureka!

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Casa Cuba Flor Fina

By far my favorite so far.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Box of Avo XO Toro
Box of Oliva Serie O Maduro Dbl Toro
4 Stick Perdomo Champagne Sampler
5 Stick Cain by Oliva Straight Ligero Sampler

Nice mix of medium and full body smokes.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:20:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dtux] [#4]
I spent the last week in New Orleans and to the best of my knowledge I picked up and enjoyed a MF Connecticut, MF FDLA, MF La Antiguedad and a AF Hemingway Short Story and Best Seller Maduro from Crescent City Cigars. I also picked up an Ecuadorian lancero and a Connecticut robusto from Cigar factory New Orleans  that were disappointing after reading such great things

Getting back in town today I picked up a few more of the Best Sellers at the B&M.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordered a sampler. Came in today, didn't realise it was a boxed sampler. Man O'War anthology series.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
These came in a few weeks ago and have been resting comfortably.

These just landed after 7 weeks.  Thought the order was lost, but turns out they had a shipping "glitch".  Glad they got it resolved...

Sorry for the crappy photos, technology and I do not get along well.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
A cabinet of Partagas Shorts.

Unfortunately it looks like the usps used the package as a soccer ball.  The box broke open which of course let the cigars move around quite a bit.  I checked them all over and I think I have around 15 that have no damage at all.  Fortunately, most of the damage is at the foot end and only a couple required a little glue so they'll smoke.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:27:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Once again I went in for pipe tobacco and came out with new cigars, I can't help myself.

A Navy buddy sent these to me. 6 months on a ship didn't do them any favors.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Lunch Time Purchase

x2 - My Father LE 2015 Toro-ish
1 - La Duena Robusto
1 - Cordoba & Morales Clave Cubana Lancero
1 - Papas Fritas
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Alec Bradley Tempus
My Father CT edition
NUB Cafe Habano
Olivia Serie G Dub Robusto
Perdomo Robusto

My Father #1 (smoked at the shop)
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#11]
The Monte is mine, the rest are for my wife.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Gran Habano sampler from CI.  I've been wanting to try these for a while now, so I snagged them at a pretty
good price with free shipping.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Picked up a box of Drew Estate natural big dirt torpedos 5"x52
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#14]
5 pack of Liga Privada No. 9 robustos and a 5 pack of LP T52 robustos from Cigar Page.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 2:38:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By djsmiles:
Wife bought me a Dirty Rat today.  I has bestest wife.
View Quote

Or she's trying to give you a hint  Sorry, I'm just jealous - my wife would never do anything to support
my habit.

Finally pulled the trigger on a three pack of Cohiba Piramides Extras after hearing Frigid rave about them.  
One of these days I'll probably have a PBR too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TheMountaineer:

Finally pulled the trigger on a three pack of Cohiba Piramides Extras after hearing Frigid rave about them.  

View Quote

Friends don't let friends be like FRIGID
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:28:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Wife bought me a Dirty Rat today.  I has bestest wife.
View Quote

If she bought you a FERAL pig or two I'd agree.  For the Marine Corps birthday she bought me a FERAL pig and some Jaimison.

We watched the Pacific and drank a bottle of jaimison that night.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:05:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FRIGID] [#19]
Originally Posted By DWFAN:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DWFAN:

I will find you and destroy your liver.

Box of CLE Cuarentas.  I do love these.

And a case of Genny cream ale.  Going to try all the crappy beers from my youth
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#20]
You will not be sorry with the Pyramids.  I have 6 more  resting & am trying hard not to touch them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Picked up a Short Story, Padron Lancero, New World, and a house rolled Daytona at Cuban Crafters in Daytona today. Got these to go with the already smoked Azan by Roberto P Duran, and My Father purchased from Big Smoke off Grenada.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Box of VegaFina Maduro - as a first sampler of a cigar club I'm starting with some buddy's. Was recommended from the local b&m and at the prices in Canada they are reasonably priced but in the future if the club takes off then I will order ahead of time from one of my usual American places.

For myself as a weekend smoke I grabbed a CAO - Flathead v660 CARB , Senorial Robusto as recomended form the B&M and a pack of monte cristo Cigarillos to hand out when I am with friends
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:48:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Whatever.  I was cool way before this stupid hipster shit. My mom says so..

Scored a box of CLE conneticut for some milder stuff

AND apparently I have to go pick up 1 milk goat & 3 baby fainters.. I distinctly remember saying no but you know how that goes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Don't make it weird
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:39:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FrankDrebin] [#28]
5 boxes of Partagas Serie P.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Got my Cohiba PEs in today - beautiful cigars!  I only wish three packs came with box codes...

Ordered a 5er of La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amors yesterday from CI's Joe Cigar.

Also yesterday, I bought a 5er of Bolivar Petite Coronas from a member at Online Humidor.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#30]
And I just bought some more 5ers from OLH members.

Bolivar Belicosos Finos, Partagas Lusitanias, and Cohiba Magicos (which happen to be from the month my
first son was born )
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#31]
I should have taken my own advise a couple weeks ago... No more for a while

Over the past couple weeks... Only a couple have come in yet.

50 SLB Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona

25 SLB HdM Le Hoyo du Deputy

50 SLB HdM Le Hoyo des Dieux - 2003

50 SLB H Upmann Mag 46

50 SLB Partagas Lusitanias

50 SLB Partagas Shorts

25 Por Larrañaga Panetelas x2

25 H Upmann Half Coronas

25 Partagas 8-9-8

25 H Upmann No 2

25 La Gloria Cubana Medialle d'Or No 4

Pretty sure the Lucies have been snagged.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#33]

Holy Christ dude.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Magoo6541:

50 SLB H Upmann Mag 46
50 SLB Partagas Shorts
25 H Upmann Half Coronas
25 Partagas 8-9-8
25 H Upmann No 2

Holy Christ dude.

This is what I'm thinking ~400 sticks.  Shit I think that would keep me supplied for a good 6-9 months.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#34]

50 SLB H Upmann Mag 46
50 SLB Partagas Shorts
25 H Upmann Half Coronas
25 Partagas 8-9-8
25 H Upmann No 2

View Quote

Fucking baller over here! What a list of cigars to have. My jaw literally dropped when I read that list.

Sucks about the Lucies....hopefully they just got delayed and will show up soon.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#35]
That's a whole lot of OT over the past couple months.

The Lucies will be covered by the vendor so no worries there..  they'll reship in a week or so.  The HdM DCs are past the expected date but I'm not worrying yet.  I just don't need a bunch of Customs letters...  For whatever reason, that really pisses my GF off even though the letter is all you get.  

The only shipment I'm really concerned about is the Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux from 2003.  It's guaranteed but I'd imagine it'll be next to impossible to replace an intact 50 box of that vintage.  This vendor has impeccable shipping practices so I really shouldn't be that worried about it.  I was wrestling with the choice of those or a couple other vintage boxes.  I watched a FOH review from 2009 and Rob & Ken were absolutely blown away by them.  Both gave it a 96+ rating, not that that really means anything.  It's 6 years after that review and they potentially could be past their prime but I seriously doubt it.

I went with a bunch of DCs and bigger/nicer cigars because I'm idle at work a lot and have tons of smoking time.  In the past 7 months, I've ran 3 calls.  I was supposed to be at this station until February and then go to another slow station.  I found out last shift that I'll have 2 shifts left here, then go to the busiest Engine we have...  10-15 calls a day.  I probably won't be able to smoke at all at work anymore without the risk of tossing a just lighted cigar and that really isn't a great option.  Might get some cheap short filler cigars to fill in here and there.  In the end, in a couple years I'll have a ton of awesomely aged cigars.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#36]
That's a whole lot of OT over the past couple months.

The Lucies will be covered by the vendor so no worries there..  they'll reship in a week or so.  The HdM DCs are past the expected date but I'm not worrying yet.  I just don't need a bunch of Customs letters...  For whatever reason, that really pisses my GF off even though the letter is all you get.  

The only shipment I'm really concerned about is the Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux from 2003.  It's guaranteed but I'd imagine it'll be next to impossible to replace an intact 50 box of that vintage.  This vendor has impeccable shipping practices so I really shouldn't be that worried about it.  I was wrestling with the choice of those or a couple other vintage boxes.  I watched a FOH review from 2009 and Rob & Ken were absolutely blown away by them.  Both gave it a 96+ rating, not that that really means anything.  It's 6 years after that review and they potentially could be past their prime but I seriously doubt it.

I went with a bunch of DCs and bigger/nicer cigars because I'm idle at work a lot and have tons of smoking time.  In the past 7 months, I've ran 3 calls.  I was supposed to be at this station until February and then go to another slow station.  I found out last shift that I'll have 2 shifts left here, then go to the busiest Engine we have...  10-15 calls a day.  I probably won't be able to smoke at all at work anymore without the risk of tossing a just lighted cigar and that really isn't a great option.  Might get some cheap short filler cigars to fill in here and there.  In the end, in a couple years I'll have a ton of awesomely aged cigars.
View Quote

Not gonna lie, I'm jelly.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#37]
It pales in comparison to Magoo's purchases, but I just ordered 93 various types of Johnny-O cigars
to split between my dad, uncle, and me.  I'm anxious to try them after all the rave reviews about
them, not to mention all the mystery that surrounds them...  I'll report back once they're in hand.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:01:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magoo6541] [#38]

It pales in comparison to Magoo's purchases, but I just ordered 93 various types of Johnny-O cigars

to split between my dad, uncle, and me.  I'm anxious to try them after all the rave reviews about

them, not to mention all the mystery that surrounds them...  I'll report back once they're in hand.
View Quote
Nice man.  Johnny makes great cigars.  I actually had a JO Cazador this morning and it was great.

The one bit of advise I have...  and this is all second hand...

You need to either freeze or quarantine them from your collection.  Custom rolls aren't treated against tobacco beetles.

You should either plan to smoke them as soon as your receive them or plan on laying them down for quite a while.  They're great fresh, they'll go through a pretty long sick and flat period, and then they'll begin to develop.  I have no experience as to when or how long any of that lasts.  The handful that I've had were given to me fresh or with quite a few years on them already.

djsmiles got some a while ago.  He can tell you more about them than I can.

I'm definitely not a custom cigar expert by any stretch and the above is what I've been told or what I've read.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the advice, Magoo and djsmiles.  I knew about the sick period and had heard that I should
freeze them but had forgotten.  Now I should be able to remember...  I'm waiting to hear back from
John on how much I owe him and where to send the funds.  I hope I hear back from him soon and
get them in my hands before too long
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Some one sent me some certain sticks recently

Now Im gonna have to ask where he got them.

They have that allure.

OMG (well at least one of them) was a darn good smoke!

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Box of Natural By DE Dirt Torpedo Natural Torpedos
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:47:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheMountaineer] [#43]
Whoops, wrong thread
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:09:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magoo6541] [#44]
Everything is in except for the HdM DC, Party Lusitanias & HdM LHdD.  The dD aren't due for a couple more days and I'm confident the Lucies were snagged and beginning to think the HdM DCs were snagged too.

Got a surprise in one of the packages...  I forgot I ordered a box of Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#45]
My meager purchases- 2/5 pks. of Oliva G Maduro Belicoso & 2/5pks. of 601 Blue.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Ordered a box of Vegueros Tapados today
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#48]

How are those compared to the RASS?
View All Quotes

Everything is in except for the HdM DC, Party Lusitanias & HdM LHdD.  The dD aren't due for a couple more days and I'm confident the Lucies were snagged and beginning to think the HdM DCs were snagged too.

Got a surprise in one of the packages...  I forgot I ordered a box of Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas

How are those compared to the RASS?
I really enjoy them.  They both have the same profile but I find the RASCC to be a little more intense.  It's a great short smoke along the lines of Party Shorts.  Little kick to get the day started.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:46:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Bought a 5er of Dec. '13 RASSs from a user on OLH.  I've been wanting to try these for a while now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 82
Top Top