Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2015 2:47:31 PM EDT
Someone I know bought a box of Cohiba Piramides Edicion Limitada 2014.  However, checking Habanos SA's
site, it looks like there's no such thing.  Also, the bar code on the box doesn't pass HSA's authenticity check.

Can an expert weigh in and let me know what the deal is?

I may post pictures later if needed.  The band has 3 rows of dots, looks raised in the pictures, the box stickers
look correct (hologram on the opposite end of the bar code)...  I haven't seen the box code and don't know the
date.  The one thing that looks a little off to me is the little tissue paper certificate inside the box.  It's different
than any I've seen and has some English on it, but maybe that's just Cohiba's way...
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Correction - 5 total rows of dots, three above the word "Cohiba."
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The only Cohiba special edition for 2014 that I am aware of are the Cohiba Robustos Supremos Edicion Limitada 2014.

They did do a special edition of the piramides in 20112006.  

Sounds like they may be fake.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Pictures of everything would help but with the limited information...  Unfortunately it doesn't sound authentic.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out this website.  It lists all the limited editions by year.  

https://www.stevegriff.com/cigars/cuba/releases/all/year/2014/#.VcOvlfnySKw

Assuming it's accurate it looks like they are fake.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I was afraid of that.  I'll have to let them know.  They bought the box before I had a chance to research and
see that they're fakes...
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was afraid of that.  I'll have to let them know.  They bought the box before I had a chance to research and
View Quote

That stinks.  I haven't yet jumped into CCs with gusto but Cohibas are faked so much it just makes me super weary.  Did they go through a vendor or know a guy that knows a guy?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That stinks.  I haven't yet jumped into CCs with gusto but Cohibas are faked so much it just makes me super weary.  Did they go through a vendor or know a guy that knows a guy?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cigar shop at the beach.  I think they got a legit box of Party SD4s, but I'm sure Cohibas are the #1 most
faked CC out there.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Cigar shop at the beach.  I think they got a legit box of Party SD4s, but I'm sure Cohibas are the #1 most

faked CC out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

faked CC out there.

Tons of fakes out there, especially at areas that Americans frequent on vacation.  When you're abroad and wanting a cigar, look and search for a La Casa Del Habano and only buy from there.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tons of fakes out there, especially at areas that Americans frequent on vacation.  When you're abroad and wanting a cigar, look and search for a La Casa Del Habano and only buy from there.
View Quote

This was domestic though...
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

This was domestic though...
View Quote
I would venture to guess that there are absolutely no legitimate habanos being sold in the US.  The only exception is on a couple forums where people may buy/sell/trade amongst each other.

I'd be interested in seeing pictures of the Party SDN4.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Update:

I got half a dozen of the Fohibas tonight and smoked one on my way home.  The head was bumpy with a huge
vein on it, and it was really soft.  That made it a little different to smoke, but it ended up actually being pretty
good.  The burn was great, and the ash held on for about 2 inches until a sat down hard and it shook off.

Real deal vs. fake
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Nvm
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#16]
The bottom the the C in Cuba shouldn't cross itself.  Wrong font.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top