Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 6/28/2008 9:11:33 AM EDT
Is anyone else counting down for the release? This is the first movie in a while I am pumped to go see!

Batman Begins totally took me by surprise and hooked me in. Between Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckhart and Chris Nolan directing I don't see how this movie can be anything but f'n awesome.

Trailers Here:
The Dark Knight

Review Here:
Rolling Stone 1st Review

NEW REVIEW (Possible Spoilers):
NY Post Review/Commentary- Possible Spoilers

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 6/28/2008 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks gay
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You forgot Gary Oldman, this thread is fail.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
could be the best of the Batman films to date

(not that it would be a stretch to be the best )

OK, the Nicholson movie and Batman Begins were pretty good
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You forgot Gary Oldman, this thread is fail.

My bad.

Link Posted: 6/28/2008 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]
the picture kinda sums up what I'm feeling about the movie

makeup wise he looks like his been through hell but his clothes are neatly pressed.
wouldn't the joker fix his makeup in the morning after he shaves? or if he wants to look like a fucking psychopath then why the nice clothes?

also it would be acceptable if it was permanent do to an accident.

still I wanna see it b/c I like Batman Begins
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like it will be good
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Maggie Gylenhaal is a dried up skank but the movie looks good anyway.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yes, this is the only downside.  They could have found someone much better.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Looks gay

stfu troll

i cannot wait till this comes out
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I would hit that like methed-up Huns across Asia.

YMMV
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't wait for it, Bale is one of my favorite actors simply because of his physical adaptations to his roles.

I've yet to see him have a poor performance.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#12]
It's going to be good.

Harvey Dent:  Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should be aware of?

Alfred:  Oh you have no idea.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#13]
saw some more commercials the other night when Begins was on tv
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Looks gay

This movie is going to kick ass.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Going to be the best movie of 2008 by far.

Bale is the best young male actor in Hollywood without question.

Link Posted: 6/29/2008 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#16]
can't wait for this movie i am so glad the newer batman movies have got a much

darker theme then the ones from the 90's
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks gay

i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh154/AKS420_photo/arigtfo.gif

This one got a right clicky......
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks gay

One of my fav. episodes of Entourage.

I am beyond pumped for The Dark Knight.
I will be there opening day!

Link Posted: 6/29/2008 11:47:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks gay

One of my fav. episodes of Entourage.

I am beyond pumped for The Dark Knight.
I will be there opening day!

I love that episode.

I suck though as I am flying to Poland the day this movie comes out. Oh well I'll see it over there in English with Polish subtitles across the bottom of the screen.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks awesome. Will probably be the best movie of the year.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#22]
It's been forever!  When is it coming out?

Trailers were out months ago.  Iron Man didn't take this 'long' it seems.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Any ID on the Jokers knife (the switchblade).
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 2:00:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Any ID on the Jokers knife (the switchblade).

I think it's a Microtech.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 2:14:46 AM EDT
[#25]
I think this movie has the potential to beat out Titanic for most revenue.

Maybe not before Heath died, but definately now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I know he doesn't have a lot of fans on this site, but there's some buzz about Heath being nominated for and even winning an Oscar for his performance in this movie.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 6:10:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I know he doesn't have a lot of fans on this site, but there's some buzz about Heath being nominated for and even winning an Oscar for his performance in this movie.
I predicted that the day he died.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Is anyone else counting down for the release? This is the first movie in a while I am pumped to go see!

Batman Begins totally took me by surprise and hooked me in. Between Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckhart and Chris Nolan directing I don't see how this movie can be anything but f'n awesome.

Trailers Here:
The Dark Knight

Review Here:
Rolling Stone 1st Review

NEW REVIEW (Possible Spoilers):
NY Post Review/Commentary- Possible Spoilers

Thoughts?
moviesblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/1.jpg

The guy is psychotic enough to cut his face into a permanent smile and you think he's going to worry about his make up at all times?  Not to mention I think that picture will be after he's been through some shit and possibly in jail.  From what I've seen on the trailers, when he's free, his make up looks pretty good and I know he gets in jail at one point.  I don't think the cops care if their prisoner's mascara runs a little bit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Would that be the first posthumous Oscar ever?

From everything I have heard and read, his performance is downright astonishing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would that be the first posthumous Oscar ever?

From everything I have heard and read, his performance is downright astonishing.

Nope.

Peter Finch got one for "Network" a couple of months after he died.

James Dean was nominated for two after he died but didn't win.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Haven't seen this posted yet.

The 1st 6 min. of the movie.

www.traileraddict.com/clip/the-dark-knight/first-6-minutes

And a quote from Kevin Smiths blog.

“Without giving anything away, this is an epic film (and trust me: based on the sheer size and scope of the visuals and storytelling, that’s not an overstatement). It’s the “Godfather II” of comic book films and three times more earnest than “Batman Begins” (and fuck, was that an earnest film). Easily the most adult comic book film ever made. Heath Ledger didn’t so much give a performance as he disappeared completely into the role; I know I’m not the first to suggest this, but he’ll likely get at least an Oscar nod (if not the win) for Best Supporting Actor. Fucking flick’s nearly three hours long and only leaves you wanting more (in a great way). I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed by it. Nolan and crew have created something close to a masterpiece.”

I can't wait to see this movie!
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

“Without giving anything away, this is an epic film (and trust me: based on the sheer size and scope of the visuals and storytelling, that’s not an overstatement). It’s the “Godfather II” of comic book films and three times more earnest than “Batman Begins” (and fuck, was that an earnest film). Easily the most adult comic book film ever made. Heath Ledger didn’t so much give a performance as he disappeared completely into the role; I know I’m not the first to suggest this, but he’ll likely get at least an Oscar nod (if not the win) for Best Supporting Actor. Fucking flick’s nearly three hours long and only leaves you wanting more (in a great way). I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed by it. Nolan and crew have created something close to a masterpiece.”

Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the link.

No problem. At least someone liked it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Awesome, just awesome.

Thanks much.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I remember seeing that a few months ago. Ive heard that it may not actually be in the movie, and that it was made for hype. Who knows?
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember seeing that a few months ago. Ive heard that it may not actually be in the movie, and that it was made for hype. Who knows?

It was first leaked in December and it got removed from all the sites due to cease and desist warnings from the studio. At which points the rumors were leaked that this might not be in the movie. It has been released again and the studio isn't saying shit this time. We'll see in 11 days won't we.

Side note: Apparently Fandango has said that this is the biggest rush of pre-sale tix ever and that the first few days are sold out in a lot of locations.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Ooooh; I'm a huge K. Smith fan, so his statements have some weight with me. I was already looking forward to this though!
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#38]
are they setting up eckhart to be two face?
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

I thought Harvey Dent was two face?
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

Aaron Eckhart plays Harvey Dent in the movie.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 5:30:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Billy Dee Williams got screwed out of being 2 face in the last go round of batman movies
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

Uh....   I knew that

Link Posted: 7/10/2008 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

Uh....   I knew that

Don't worry, I was right there with you. I was thinking of the character named Eckhart in the Tim Burton Batman; he was a high ranking detective, so I assumed the same character was in this one when LazarusLong asked the question. Just a coincidence of names I guess.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

In all the movie footage from The Dark Knight   that I've seen, he kicks serious ass as the Joker.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 1:57:36 AM EDT
[#46]
I see William Fichter (sp) got to keep the job he had in Heat.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 3:26:25 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I see William Fichter (sp) got to keep the job he had in Heat.

Good actor, btw.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 3:29:52 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Going to be the best movie of 2008 by far.

Bale is the best young male actor in Hollywood without question.

+1
I have been a fan of his movies for some time. He is among a handful of actors where if they are starring in the movie, I can count on enjoying it without question.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#49]
After watching that, I believe I pissed myself.

God, I can't wait.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
After watching that, I believe I pissed myself.

God, I can't wait.

I'm a dork, I've watched it 3 times now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top