Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2014 12:27:48 PM EDT
What did I miss at the end? How did he reset to the very beginning of the movie? Blood of the omega in the water? If so, then why would he go back before the meeting with the general?
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What did I miss at the end? How did he reset to the very beginning of the movie? Blood of the omega in the water? If so, then why would he go back before the meeting with the general?
View Quote

Yes blood in the wate, and because the script said so.

Thats all I got and I want one of them suits so I can go balls out too.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
They do a better job than I could here

They dont explain the loop setback very well. The setback seems to be back to a setpoint the day before. Since they went to the Louvre immeditely, the loop that hppened with the omegas death, started a setback to the day previous to all the other setbacks. Least thats how I figured it.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Edge of Tomorrow = Ground Hog Day * Independence Day
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:15:38 AM EDT
[#4]
This is only a guess -

The Omega could control time, hence, when he obtained that power, ... he could go wherever (or should I say WHENever) he wanted.  How much of this power he retains is not addressed in the film.  That he had some amount of time control power seems to be manifest in the last scene.

Then again, it could have been that he just got back the power he had originally.  But with the Omega dead, he awoke to encounter a different set of circumstances (on a different trajectory).

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Now I have to go watch this movie again.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the war over then or still going?  I have no clue.

But here's a toast for another movie that was better than the book!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked it.
It wasn't great, but not bad.
I also thought the "mimics" reminded me of  Spike's Tactical spiders!
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:27:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the war over then or still going?  I have no clue.

But here's a toast for another movie that was better than the book!
View Quote

I got the impression that the war was still going on, but the humans now had the upper hand.  At the end of the movie it was mentioned the Russians and Chinese were gaining ground, as if they hadn't been earlier in the film.  Sounded like the mimics lost their advantage.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Cruise originally reset to a specific time after he killed an alpha...

When he killed the Omega, he took its power...and reset to another time when the humans were winning the war...

I suppose...
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll have to watch it again, but I thought at the end they said the mimics had ceased all activity so I assumed the war was over.

I figure the reset went back 24hr. He killed the Omega earlier in the day than he killed the Alpha so that's why he woke up in the copter.

Why did they recruit J Squad at the end instead of these guys?

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll have to watch it again, but I thought at the end they said the mimics had ceased all activity so I assumed the war was over.

I figure the reset went back 24hr. He killed the Omega earlier in the day than he killed the Alpha so that's why he woke up in the copter.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5561/15054464708_49909aa51f_z.jpg
View Quote

Cause you need the stereotypical, goofy underachiever outcast squad that comes together at the end to win the big game. Every sports / military comedy movie made.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#12]
It's not time travel, it's saved time resetting.

think of it more like a video game.  

When the regular reset happened, things where reset to an auto save point.

When he killed the last thing, it basically had to restart from the beginning of the chapter.

It's explained a bit in the movie, it makes more sense looking into the terminology used in the source material of the book.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5561/15054464708_49909aa51f_z.jpg
View Quote
you watched him in the movies cycle after cycle try various means of trying to tell people the truth and reaching different fates...

Thing about it critically,  who's going to believe him the people he knows intimately and can literally predict their thoughts and actions, or a bunch of faceless dudes that we never see?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top