Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 1:59:24 PM EDT
Hi guys,

Need some speaker help here.

Loooking for a 6 speaker sound system and receiver that can play music at a low volume in our store.

Requirements are that:

speakers be small.

6 can play in different areas of the store. Not in "surround" mode or whatever you call it as the music from a single speaker will be what the customer hears when they're in the store.

Price under $500, preferably under $300

Wired, I have access to ceilings and existing system to replace so that will be simple.

Receiver that lets me manually adjust volume on each speaker.

Are there any recommendations?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
no expert, but probably some sort of sound system--like from guitar center, PA thingy with several channels.
tied to a cheapo home receiver
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Orb Audio sells what you want but they're just outside your price range ($600 vs $500).  Perhaps you can find some used Orb satellites.  I like mine and they are unobtrusive in the extreme.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no expert, but probably some sort of sound system--like from guitar center, PA thingy with several channels.
tied to a cheapo home receiver
View Quote
This should work for the distribution part: 4-Channel A/B Speaker Selector w/ Volume Control
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
4 Pack Ceiling Tile Speakers - $200
JBL 8138 - 4 Pack

70 / 100 V amplifier w multiple inputs
JBL CSMA 180 Amplifier - $450

Over budget by a bit..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top