Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2016 1:20:00 AM EDT
I have a 42 inch Visio plasma that just stopped working today.

I took off back panel and cleaned the boards. I checked voltage and fuses. All check out.

Next I disconnected the main pcb board where all the cables for dvd etc plug into.

This allowed me to jump the logic board and I was able to fire up and get test display. So the screen etc is good just bad main board.

Is there a trick to removing main board from tv and where is best place to get replacement?

eBay has a lot listed but they are pulled units from otherwise damaged tvs. Anyone have experience with used parts like this?
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#1]
You may not know it, but after 10 years the pixels have worn out and lost a lot of their brightness, and you can't get that back.

Trust me, I never want my 7 year-old plasma to die, but all good things must end.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You may not know it, but after 10 years the pixels have worn out and lost a lot of their brightness, and you can't get that back.

Trust me, I never want my 7 year-old plasma to die, but all good things must end.
View Quote

Screen isn't dead. It's not new that's for sure but Netflix and dvd still look good. I found a replacement board for 40 bucks so I wil try that and budget for a replacement tv by end of year.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
What is sad is that only the expensive organic led TVs give a picture like plasma.  Expensive.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Update: $40 part fixed it!
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice!!!      What part?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nice!!!      What part?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!!!      What part?

From the OP, pretty sure:  So the screen etc is good just bad main board.

Nice to know. I love my Panny Plasma.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#7]
My LCD quit on me it ended up being capacitors. They didn't have replacement boards so I soldered 2 new one in. It works now
Top Top