Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 27
Posted: 4/5/2012 10:17:57 AM EDT
Post 'em if ya got 'em. List mods if ya got any.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#1]

In all seriousness, I like Tacos, I just can't afford one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#2]

1988 4Runner
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I built this.  Sadly, I sold it.

'73 FJ40.  Vortec 350, 4" lift, fully boxed frame, mini truck power steering coversion, 4 wheel disc brakes, SM420 trans, metaltech cage tied to frame. line x tub, aqualu tub, MT Baja Claws, Baja RS seats with 5 point harnesses, etc, etc, etc...

Link Posted: 4/5/2012 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 4/5/2012 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Just got this one. So far, only Duratracs and wheels. Winch arrived today. Skids and sliders are on order, lift TBD.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

'73 FJ40.  Vortec 350, 4" lift, fully boxed frame, mini truck power steering coversion, 4 wheel disc brakes, SM420 trans, metaltech cage tied to frame. line x tub, aqualu tub, MT Baja Claws, Baja RS seats with 5 point harnesses, etc, etc, etc...

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac246/rhino198073/000_0357.jpg

I recognize that 40!

Did you sell it to "Skillet" on MUD?
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Racing cam, MSDS ignition, HP fuel injectors, headers, Borla exaust, K&N intake, replaced belt driven fan with an electric one.  1/4" skid plates up front, under the engine, under the transaxle, and under the rear dif.  3" lift with 25mm torsion bars up front and HD springs and shackles in back.  3" Smittybuilt tubular bumbers front, and back and sides.  Hard top replaced with Can-Back soft top.  35" tires.  

Sure there's more but I sold it a couple of years ago and can't remember the rest off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recognize that 40!

Not sure if he was on mud back then.  He was in Afghanistan when he bought it and is from north Texas.  I believe he also works in law enforcement.  Same guy?  (I won't post his name)
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Still needs a little work

Link Posted: 4/6/2012 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recognize that 40!

Not sure if he was on mud back then.  He was in Afghanistan when he bought it and is from north Texas.  I believe he also works in law enforcement.  Same guy?  (I won't post his name)

Heh. The guy that just sold it was a active duty. He just sold it to a very knowledgeable FJ40 guru. Just so you know; it is in good hands now. I did just recently read a thread where the new owner found rusty/milky oil in the pan. He is in the process of diagnosing the problem though. You regret selling it? I could never see myself getting rid of mine. (Or it is always possible that this is an identical twin with identical features and specs (including aqualu tub))
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recognize that 40!

Heh. The guy that just sold it was a active duty. He just sold it to a very knowledgeable FJ40 guru. Just so you know; it is in good hands now. I did just recently read a thread where the new owner found rusty/milky oil in the pan. He is in the process of diagnosing the problem though. You regret selling it? I could never see myself getting rid of mine. (Or it is always possible that this is an identical twin with identical features and specs (including aqualu tub))

Small world.  Lol

I miss having a project more than anything.  It sure was pretty though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#14]

[/quote]

Small world.  Lol

I miss having a project more than anything.  It sure was pretty though.[/quote]

The Fj40 world is a lot smaller that you think, and is getting smaller every day.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Stock (unless you count the Scion headunit and Sirius radio tuner ) '05 V8 2wd 4Runner SR5 with a little Plastidip.

Link Posted: 4/8/2012 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Here's my rig.

Suspension is bilstein coil over and Fj80 coils and Fj80 Bilsteins. Everything else is self explainitory
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 1:06:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 4/8/2012 1:28:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I love 4 runners.  Every generation.  I think it will be my next vehicle, if my Tundra ever goes tits up.  It's still going strong as ever, though... love this thing.

My last truck.  Never should have sold this thing... I regret it often.  It was damn bulletproof.

Link Posted: 4/8/2012 2:07:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Just bought this 06 for $10k.  It's only got 65k miles so I think I got a pretty good deal.  4cyl, 4x4, regular cab, and 6' bed.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do to it yet but it definitely needs some tires.  I'm considering a small lift and some 285/75-16 tires.  Other than that no plans for now.  Can't wait to pick it up on Thursday.

CMS

Link Posted: 4/8/2012 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 4/8/2012 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#21]
In before my brother posts his TLC he just got.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My last truck.  Never should have sold this thing... I regret it often.  It was damn bulletproof.

These, in my opinion, are the best looking Tacomas ever. I wanted one back in high school. Never did get it, though. And, yes, I know that they weren't called "Tacomas" back then.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#23]
08 Tacoma at the range and then on the way back from the range.  No real mods...just Billstein 5100s all around...add a leaf in the back and 1.75" shock adjustment in the front.  

Link Posted: 4/8/2012 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#24]

I want one of these, but the smallish(even smaller than my Taco) gas tank has got me second guessing it.  Test drove one down in Lake Charles and loved it.  The only blind spot issue I had was actually in the front; the roof is so far forward of the driver that I would have to lean forward to see the street lights.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I want one of these, but the smallish(even smaller than my Taco) gas tank has got me second guessing it.  Test drove one down in Lake Charles and loved it.  The only blind spot issue I had was actually in the front; the roof is so far forward of the driver that I would have to lean forward to see the street lights.

I had an FJC, and loved it.  It does have a couple of drawbacks.  The blind spots are what everyone talks about, but these are easy to overcome.  The windshield is almost vertical and prone to breakage.  The windshield also catches bugs like nothing else I've ever driven.

On the plus side, it's very roomy, plenty of storage, plenty of power, and goes off road like a mountain goat.

I only got rid of mine because of the gas mileage.  (17-19)  I started doing a lot of driving for my job and the FJC was killing me at the gas pump.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9409/codystruck01.jpg

These, in my opinion, are the best looking Tacomas ever. I wanted one back in high school. Never did get it, though. And, yes, I know that they weren't called "Tacomas" back then.

I like the new Tacomas a lot, but I ALWAYS find myself staring at the extra cab pre-taco trucks.  If I could ever justify it, I would buy another in a heartbeat.  It was gutless, even with the 6, but it never once let me down, and it always looked cool.

Link Posted: 4/8/2012 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the new Tacomas a lot, but I ALWAYS find myself staring at the extra cab pre-taco trucks.  If I could ever justify it, I would buy another in a heartbeat.  It was gutless, even with the 6, but it never once let me down, and it always looked cool.  

I always turn my head whenever one passes me in traffic. One of my junior high football coaches had a blue one with custom black bumpers. I LOVED that truck. Was yours a 3.0L?
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always turn my head whenever one passes me in traffic. One of my junior high football coaches had a blue one with custom black bumpers. I LOVED that truck. Was yours a 3.0L?

Yessir.  It was weak and low on hp, but it was enough as long as you weren't towing or hauling much.  I mostly used it for hauling dirtbikes and towing a freestyle moto ramp.  The ramp was probably about 1000lbs, so with that and a couple dirtbikes in the back, you could definitely feel it on the highway or going up hills.

But.. can't expect much out of a mini-midsize truck!
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yessir.  It was weak and low on hp, but it was enough as long as you weren't towing or hauling much.  I mostly used it for hauling dirtbikes and towing a freestyle moto ramp.  The ramp was probably about 1000lbs, so with that and a couple dirtbikes in the back, you could definitely feel it on the highway or going up hills.  

I heard that. My truck (not a Toyota) is a 3.0L with only 160 horsepower. It's no hot rod, but it gets the job done, even with the 33" tires that it turns over. I've even hitched my tractor to it. It struggled, but damnit, I got the tractor where I was trying to go.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 12:46:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Just got the top and doors off and have the windshield folded. Boy, I love this truck and this great Mississippi weather!
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Me too.  I know what I want to do, and have come up with the following formula to make it happen:

- [(expenses + busy weekends)^kids'r'spensive] + (free time x discretionary $)^mywifenotgivingmeahardtimeaboutit = sweet completed 4Runner project.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Me too.  I know what I want to do, and have come up with the following formula to make it happen:

- [(expenses + busy weekends)^kids'r'spensive] + (free time x discretionary $)^mywifenotgivingmeahardtimeaboutit = sweet completed 4Runner project.

Heh, I like that equation. Mine looks about the same minus the kids part.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#37]
My 1988 4Runner
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Is that original paint?
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is that original paint?

Negative, the paint was redone in 1993 to that paint scheme.  Though that is the original color.

Edit: Typo
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that original paint?

Negative, the paint was redone in 1993 to that paint scheme.  Though that is the original color.

Edit: Typo

Either way, I like it. It looks period correct, and well done.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard that. My truck (not a Toyota) is a 3.0L with only 160 horsepower. It's no hot rod, but it gets the job done, even with the 33" tires that it turns over. I've even hitched my tractor to it. It struggled, but damnit, I got the tractor where I was trying to go.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey Hellbound, nice FJC!

Here's mine:
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#44]

I just picked this up about a week ago, I wanted a Land Cruiser, because my Ranger supercab just wasn't cutting it for moving the wife and two eighty pound dogs anywhere farther than 5 miles without everyone becoming ill tempered. So I sold the Ranger and bought this.

'95 Land Cruiser

Slee offroad lift 2.5" (heavy front and rear springs)

Slee offroad sliders

Slee offroad dual battery kit

Slee offroad front head light kit

Slee offroad castor correction

ARB front bumper with X9 superwinch

Soltek HID's

Snorkel

33" BFG Muds

ARB roof rack with mesh lining

Custom rear bumper with swinging tire mount(not sure if it was a custom fab job, or a kit)

Factory front and rear lockers

The paint is in rough shape, but it doesn't really matter because I'd screw it up if it was nice anyway.

I'd like to add a fuel can rack, and eventually an auxiliary fuel tank.

It was owned by Mud member re_guderian before the owner I bought it from.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 12:36:02 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4GVG8E96hMg/T4Ojk7DIeBI/AAAAAAAAA6M/VMYVIi7yCro/s800/2012-04-02_12-33-22_122.jpg

I just picked this up about a week ago, I wanted a Land Cruiser, because my Ranger supercab just wasn't cutting it for moving the wife and two eighty pound dogs anywhere farther than 5 miles without everyone becoming ill tempered. So I sold the Ranger and bought this.

'95 Land Cruiser

Slee offroad sliders

Soltek HID's

Snorkel

33" BFG Muds

Custom rear bumper with swinging tire mount(not sure if it was a custom fab job, or a kit)

The paint is in rough shape, but it doesn't really matter because I'd screw it up if it was nice anyway.

Love these, too.  That thing is awesome.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4GVG8E96hMg/T4Ojk7DIeBI/AAAAAAAAA6M/VMYVIi7yCro/s800/2012-04-02_12-33-22_122.jpg

'95 Land Cruiser

Slee offroad sliders

Soltek HID's

Snorkel

33" BFG Muds

Love these, too.  That thing is awesome.  

Thank you, sir. I'm really diggin' it. It has some little squeaks and rattles, but it rides really nice and surprisingly quiet for a lifted, damn near 20 year old vehicle on Mud Terrains.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 12:50:57 AM EDT
[#47]

That is badass! I've always really liked 4Runners, especially the first gen ones.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Project 1980 20R RN

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

'95 Land Cruiser
Slee offroad sliders
Soltek HID's
Snorkel
33" BFG Muds

Thats what I am talkin' about! Nice!
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top