Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2016 10:18:51 AM EDT
I'm having an odd error on one of my PC's that I can't seem to figure out.

I can't rename any files.  When I select a file to rename, after about a second, the renaming loses focus like I'd clicked out of it.
I've monitored the event viewer, but nothing is appearing when this occurs.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Mouse or touchpad? I've had the occasional problem with spurious input on W10
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:02:52 AM EDT
[#2]
rename them the old fashioned way with a DOS command prompt and use the rename command
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

rename them the old fashioned way with a DOS command prompt and use the rename command
View Quote

This would work for me a little while before it became a nuisance; won't work for my dad though...

I've tried disconnecting the mouse & know to see if one was the error, but no change.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
NVM, found it.

Win10 bug where auto theme color selection on rotating desktop backgrounds refreshes windows.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NVM, found it.

Win10 bug where auto theme color selection on rotating desktop backgrounds refreshes windows.

View Quote

Man, that's a junior varsity level bug to make it into general release.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top