Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2014 8:26:07 AM EDT
I recently bought a Razer Black Widow ultimate to replace my original keyboard. I've had nothing but trouble installing the razer synapse software to be able to use all the functionality of this keyboard. I also don't like the style of font used on the keys.  I'm going to return the razer due to lack of response from the company as well as a lot of negative reviews I've read since purchasing this unit.  This is my first mechanical keyboard since my old IBM years ago and I've really gotten to like the feel of the switches and I like having the back lighting.

My wants in a new keyboard are mechanical switches, backlighting, and function keys to control volume, lighting intensity, and multi media functions

Customizable macro keys would be nice but not necessary.

I'd like to stay under 150 dollars if possible.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Some options to consider:

Corsair K95
Corsair K70
Coolermaster QuickFire
Ducky Shine 3
Logitech G710+

The Razer Black Widow uses Cherry MX Blue switches or their own version of them. So, look for a keyboard with blue switches unless you want to try some of the other ones.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Das Keyboard. All your requirements except backlighting.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the Rosewill RGB80: http://www.rosewill.com/products/2647/ProductDetail_Overview.htm
Rosewill has other keyboards with different switches if you prefer. I got one for my dad   for Christmas a few years ago and he swears by it.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the corsair K70, thanks for the recommendations. The K95 looked good too

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top